PDA

View Full Version : nyone drive an HHR?

bigq
11-10-2007, 09:08 AM
Seem like a good deal, but are they worth it?
Just a daily driver. How about the new SS coming out;)

Boozer
11-10-2007, 09:18 AM
A friend of mine has one. It's ugly as hell but it is roomy inside. I wouldn't buy one personally.

bigq
11-10-2007, 09:20 AM
That might explain why I only see two on a lot at a time.
I cant decide if I like the way it looks or not. Inside is roomy and could carry small stuff.

caroftheweek
11-10-2007, 09:42 AM
I think they look better than the PT Crusier. They are very roomy inside for
their size. The SS would be a fun little ride. The Cobalt SS is a bitchen little
car and that is the same drivetrain that the HHR will have. Go drive one,
that will help your decision.:D

bigq
11-10-2007, 10:01 AM
I think they look better than the PT Crusier. They are very roomy inside for
their size. The SS would be a fun little ride. The Cobalt SS is a bitchen little
car and that is the same drivetrain that the HHR will have. Go drive one,
that will help your decision.:D
I know and i will, just hate going to dealerships, all i want to do is test drive right now actually i have about 4 cars in the running.;)

OCMerrill
11-10-2007, 01:39 PM
Far superior to the PT Cruiser in quality. Brother in law with a PT Turbo has tons of problems.
HHR's have an Eco-tec engine. Big plus.
The new panel van looks very cool.
http://www.sportruck.com/news/2007-Chevy-HHR-Panel/red-hhr-panel-rear-angle.jpg

Milton04
11-10-2007, 01:52 PM
Far superuior to the PT Crusier in quality. Brother in law with a PT Turbo has tons of problems.
Is the panel van still a 4 door or did they lose the back two doors? I don't see any handles...
Milton

IMPATIENT 1
11-10-2007, 02:11 PM
cool panel wagon but whoever set in the backseat would get motion sickness alot, the body needs the eyes, to make movement make sense;) it'd have a killer blindspot too.
guys, the little ecotec with in the ss's are tuff. i tore 1 down a yr ago that had a hole knock in the oil pan, sucker had h-beams, floating wrist pins, forged pistons, forged crank. neat little motor. we put a smaller top pulley on our secretary's ss cobalt and it builds 14lbs:D best tuner car on the market imo

fat rat
11-10-2007, 02:21 PM
My wife has has one.....going on two years now, zero problems, great comuter car for her. I do recomend at least the 2.4 motor. I'm sure the SS would be lot's of fun to drive.

Boozer
11-10-2007, 03:00 PM
cool panel wagon but whoever set in the backseat would get motion sickness alot, the body needs the eyes, to make movement make sense;) it'd have a killer blindspot too.
guys, the little ecotec with in the ss's are tuff. i tore 1 down a yr ago that had a hole knock in the oil pan, sucker had h-beams, floating wrist pins, forged pistons, forged crank. neat little motor. we put a smaller top pulley on our secretary's ss cobalt and it builds 14lbs:D best tuner car on the market imo
The eco-tec is an awesome motor but to call the cobalt the best tuner on the market??? :rolleyes:
The Cobalt isn't even in the same class as an EVO or a WRX. All that power from the eco-tec is worthless with a FWD platform. Now if they make an AWD cobalt that would be a different story all together.

IMPATIENT 1
11-10-2007, 03:18 PM
The eco-tec is an awesome motor but to call the cobalt the best tuner on the market??? :rolleyes:
The Cobalt isn't even in the same class as an EVO or a WRX. All that power from the eco-tec is worthless with a FWD platform. Now if they make an AWD cobalt that would be a different story all together.
i should've wrote for the price;) i dig the wrx's myself

Tons of Fun
11-10-2007, 03:28 PM
I was just at the dealer checking out the Panel HHR. It is a bitchen little ride. The back doors do open but there is no back seat. The door is opened by a button on the remote. Like shaved handles. Where the back seat was, there is a lid that lifts up to some storage. I did this car for mileage / looks.

OCMerrill
11-10-2007, 04:47 PM
This site has a bunch of info on the Eco-tech engine.
A very popular smaller sand rail engine that responds real well to power adders.
http://www.ecotecpower.com/
The HHR would never be an Evo or a Wrx. Almost in a class by it's self.
The PT Cruiser is supposed to be all done end of 2009.
I am considering something to drive around and quote with. This is a contender. I dig the panel van but no back seat?:idea:
I don't need windows in a back seat of a car anyways. All my kids do is stuff their heads in Nintendo DS anyway.

Infomaniac
11-11-2007, 07:40 AM
Far superior to the PT Cruiser in quality. Brother in law with a PT Turbo has tons of problems.
Yep I've been thinking about getting a van just to bling out. 70's van style

totenhosen
11-11-2007, 08:25 AM
Visbility out of the front and rear windows stink, and handling is pretty piss poor.

SHOTKALLIN
11-11-2007, 08:39 AM
The HHR will be my next commuter car. I love the retro look. Cant wait to drive the SS. Whats the Photoglou price on these?:D

RitcheyRch
11-11-2007, 09:08 AM
Buddy had one as a rental and it was under-powered

ULTRA26 # 1
11-11-2007, 09:18 AM
This site has a bunch of info on the Eco-tech engine.
A very popular smaller sand rail engine that responds real well to power adders.
http://www.ecotecpower.com/
The HHR would never be an Evo or a Wrx. Almost in a class by it's self.
The PT Cruiser is supposed to be all done end of 2009.
I am considering something to drive around and quote with. This is a contender. I dig the panel van but no back seat?:idea:
I don't need windows in a back seat of a car anyways. All my kids do is stuff their heads in Nintendo DS anyway.
OC, I bought Civic SI Sedan last year and love it. Plenty of zip and great on gas.

bigq
11-11-2007, 09:25 AM
OC, I bought Civic SI Sedan last year and love it. Plenty of zip and great on gas.
The SI is on my list also, great value there IMO!;)

bigq
11-11-2007, 09:27 AM
The HHR will be my next commuter car. I love the retro look. Cant wait to drive the SS. Whats the Photoglou price on these?:D
I sent a PM to him and asked just waiting for the response when he gets back I guess. I am curious about the price of the SS also:D

OCMerrill
11-11-2007, 09:45 AM
I need to look those over. With $100 barrel oil I would like to put money elsewhere besides the tank of my 2500 HD at an average combined mpg of a little over 10 mpg. Gas prices are really going to go now.
Even though I am a general contractor my guys drive my big trucks around daily so I just don't need to drive the HD daily any longer. Just the thought of pulling into a Ganahl Lumber parking space without having to correct 5 times sounds pleasant.
I do like the look of that Panel Van HHR but I could get away with a car just as easily.
Whatever I get I want to expense the thing off my taxes this year. With a car I will be limited on the up front to $10k and have to deprecate the rest. With a small truck or SUV I can take the whole amount.
Problem is with me I like cars and nothing really flips my bic on the cheap.:)

OCMerrill
11-11-2007, 09:49 AM
I sent a PM to him and asked just waiting for the response when he gets back I guess. I am curious about the price of the SS also:D
Shoot me a PM with what he says if that's OK with you. I am curious as well. I also like these and think with a little look to the custom side they can be real cool. I keep going back to that panel.:idea:
Thanks.

Wizard29
11-11-2007, 10:01 AM
My wife has one and she likes it. We've only had one problem with it where the key got stuck in the ignition and the shift selector could be moved no matter what (no lockout that required the brake pedal being pushed to shift into drive). Two problems caused by a common switch that went bad. We had bought the car used, but GM provides the 3 year transferrable bumper-to-bumper warranty and they fixed it no questions asked. Apparently, that issue is common on HHRs and is an easy same-day fix.
I agree that it could use a bit more power, but if power is what you are after, go buy a big block.

HOOTER SLED-
11-11-2007, 01:36 PM
We have 18 of these at work. I have not had one problem with any so far. Some are at around 25,000 to 30,000 miles already. I would use one for a commuter car. We used to have a few PT Cruisers. I like the HHRs better. Decent gas mileage on them too. I think around like 30ish mpg. They are kinda peppy and don't seem as gutless as the PT Cruisers. We just got 3 of the panels. I don't like the blind spot in those. They look cool though. OUrs have no back seats. Not sure if you can get the panels w/ back seats. I would think so. For the $$$. I would say yeah for a commuter car. The SS Cobalts are clean too. But HHR for more cargo space.

HOOTER SLED-
11-11-2007, 01:39 PM
Buddy had one as a rental and it was under-powered
Dude.......it's a 4 banger, it's not gonna be tearin up the 1/4 mile or anything. Whatya expect?:D

rivergoer
11-11-2007, 02:04 PM
i bought one for my wife in 06 it is the lt2. all loaded bigger motor..etc...it is a bad a$$ comuter and for gas mileage. ther is also a ton of shiat to get for it..if i end up keeping it ill have either a turbo or super charger kit ordered for it as well ass baby moons and a 2 1/2 inch lowering kit....i think it is bad a$$ but that is me..then again i come from a family that drive ferraris, porsches and high end vettes....i think i would sell mine for 18-17.5 k...its all leather pwr seats premium sound sunroof, heated seats. alloy rims chrome pkg..shoot a pm if interested.

OCMerrill
11-11-2007, 04:40 PM
i bought one for my wife in 06 it is the lt2. all loaded bigger motor..etc...it is a bad a$$ comuter and for gas mileage. ther is also a ton of shiat to get for it..if i end up keeping it ill have either a turbo or super charger kit ordered for it as well ass baby moons and a 2 1/2 inch lowering kit....i think it is bad a$$ but that is me..then again i come from a family that drive ferraris, porsches and high end vettes....i think i would sell mine for 18-17.5 k...its all leather pwr seats premium sound sunroof, heated seats. alloy rims chrome pkg..shoot a pm if interested.
Go to spam and throw up some pics...you never know.