PDA

View Full Version : Latest and greatest new boat gauge

INSman
11-10-2007, 11:51 AM
Know your boats most effective drive height, trim angle and propeller size to gain more speed and increased fuel efficiency :cool:
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/livo_gauge.gif

AZJD
11-10-2007, 12:03 PM
No thanks. I just don't like digital. Not on harleys or in hot rods either.

uLtRADeNniS
11-10-2007, 12:04 PM
Looks like it would be a pain in the ass to read on the water with glare from the sun.

RitcheyRch
11-10-2007, 06:35 PM
Exactly what I was thinking
Looks like it would be a pain in the ass to read on the water with glare from the sun.

Jbb
11-10-2007, 06:41 PM
Rex sez ...Digital = EMO.....

Racey
11-10-2007, 07:58 PM
That's a pretty cool idea for a gauge, alot easier than figuring it out longhand. Add in some type of fuel consumption monitors and you'd really be dialed in.

spectras only
11-10-2007, 11:22 PM
Livorsi is shooting themselves in the foot offering this gauge that does it all :idea: Isn't there more profit selling six gauges instead of one :) . It's a good idea though if someone wants to put video games and tv screens on the dashboard in lieu of a bunch of analogue gauges ;) :D My boat has two SmartCrafts , but still have all the old analouges to back it up :)

OGShocker
11-11-2007, 12:06 AM
No thanks. I just don't like digital. Not on harleys or in hot rods either.
It is 42" in diameter and will not fit on a Harley.

BajaMike
11-11-2007, 12:30 AM
Know your boats most effective drive height, trim angle and propeller size to gain more speed and increased fuel efficiency :cool:
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/livo_gauge.gif
Looks very cool to me.......:idea:

boatsnblondes
11-11-2007, 12:31 AM
I like it..how much???

Froggystyle
11-11-2007, 11:26 AM
We are putting one in the boat I am building now.
They aren't shooting themselves in the foot... it is triple the cost of the three gauges it replaces. You don't need a tach or a speedo... and who really runs a compass.
Looks cool though... I will give you all a consumer report when we are done with it and let you know...

boatsnblondes
11-11-2007, 11:43 AM
We are putting one in the boat I am building now.
They aren't shooting themselves in the foot... it is triple the cost of the three gauges it replaces. You don't need a tach or a speedo... and who really runs a compass.
Looks cool though... I will give you all a consumer report when we are done with it and let you know...
Froggy, how much?

BadKachina
11-11-2007, 11:50 AM
I like it..how much???
I thought it was about 12 or 14 hundred. I looked it up one time and pretty much decided I would probably never buy or sell one...........:rolleyes:

INSman
11-11-2007, 12:41 PM
The ability to "record" is great so you don't really have to worry about having to see the gauge or not. Prop Slip data is critical to any boat in trying to find the "sweet spot" for speed and efficiency, information not readily available until now with his guage tied into gps.

AZJD
11-11-2007, 03:18 PM
It is 42" in diameter and will not fit on a Harley.
Well then it wouldn't fit in my boat either.........

kap
11-11-2007, 03:33 PM
The ability to "record" is great so you don't really have to worry about having to see the gauge or not. Prop Slip data is critical to any boat in trying to find the "sweet spot" for speed and efficiency, information not readily available until now with his guage tied into gps.
I couldn't agree more I looked at this guage but the only real item I wanted was the real time slip factor for the prop which is important.
KAP

INSman
11-11-2007, 05:15 PM
I couldn't agree more I looked at this guage but the only real item I wanted was the real time slip factor for the prop which is important.
KAP
I guess Livorsi figured they wouldn't sell too many "Prop Slip" gauges all by themselves ... ;) :D

spectras only
11-11-2007, 07:23 PM
I guess Livorsi figured they wouldn't sell too many "Prop Slip" gauges all by themselves ... ;) :D
that makes sense :)