PDA

View Full Version : Brand of diverter

Placecraft Dragstar
11-10-2007, 03:48 PM
What brand of diverter do people like to run the best? And why do you like a certain one?
1) American Turbine
2) Place diverter
3) Aggressor

IMPATIENT 1
11-10-2007, 03:58 PM
i see place every where. parts are easy to get and i've never had bad luck with place, so i've never ran anything else.

Riverat84
11-10-2007, 05:01 PM
my aggressor works great! but im sure the others run fine :D

El Prosecutor
11-10-2007, 05:20 PM
I have been very happy with my Agressor diverter. Got a smokin' deal from Mr. CBM, too!

Outlaw
11-10-2007, 05:30 PM
I had an "American Turbine Trim"
and had to replace the bronze bushings at least once a year.and the nylon oring seals leaked alot.
I liked the way it looked just disappointed in the
design.
Now I have a Place and no problems

speedymopars
11-10-2007, 09:36 PM
I bought a place, but it's still in the box waiting for my boat to be reassembled - I'll tell you how it is in a few months....

Placecraft Dragstar
11-12-2007, 03:33 AM
2 for place
2 for aggressor
any other comments?

speedymopars
11-12-2007, 07:39 AM
I bought a place because they A) weren't to far from me B) they have adjustable nozzles, and C) I see them everywhere. I never hear about how they break, or how they don't work. So I felt good buying one.
A week after I bought one, I ran into a marine shop out in Azusa by Gale Banks, and this old long haired hippy drag racer running the place (really cool guy, wish I never cut my hair, but that's another story), said he had the best luck with Aggressor. He used to run BB Mopars in his drag boats, so he is strange like me :-)
I still feel good about Place, but I wouldn't have an issue with Aggressor either.

sanger rat
11-12-2007, 09:57 AM
I have a Place that came with the boat. If I had to go buy one I would go with the Aggressor.

Oldsquirt
11-12-2007, 06:48 PM
I have a Place that came with the boat. If I had to go buy one I would go with the Aggressor.
Any particular reason?

sanger rat
11-12-2007, 07:11 PM
For one the arm for the steering cable is taller. I could ditch that two inch spacer that I have now. Second it comes standard with inserts.

Marty Gras
11-12-2007, 08:09 PM
I like the PLACE DIVERTER for a number of reasons. EVERY one of them I have used has been PERFECT from out of the box. They have a tight fit and the 'seal rings' need not be replaced, unless the boat was abused. (driven thru sand or rocks) The 1/8" reduction is good for MOST BOATS, so I don't need to 'tune it'. The mechanical leverage in both the manual and power units is optimal for long life. The 'update' for the E pumps (about 15 years ago) shows that this company does not just "cash your check", they actually try to improve their product every day. The moving door for boats with droop snoots also shows the ongoing R&D. I believe in the Place Diverter products enough to have NEVER sold a jet boat with my brand name on it WITHOUT ONE! I feel that after over 25 years of using the Place Diverter products without any failures or problems, I can say, " I USE NOTHING BUT PLACE DIVERTER ON MY JET BOATS!" Why take a chance? PS their powder coating STAYS ON no matter what!!!

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
11-13-2007, 12:29 AM
<------Runs place diverter......

cruser
11-13-2007, 04:01 AM
I run an Aggressor because it came with my jet pump. There are issues with it but overall it seem to get the job done.

sleekcrafter
11-13-2007, 05:00 AM
Having used all three manufacturers, I can say The only one I never had any issues was the FTN American Turbine unit. The Place Diverter, the only issue was, the reverse bucket would jamb closed, if applying a lot of throttle in reverse. The Aggressor steering arm, seems to lack enough leverage, for comfortable steering, and the FTN inserts are a "biotch" to change, other than that it's working fine.

Placecraft Dragstar
11-13-2007, 05:56 AM
<------Runs place diverter......
Is that the key to your wheelie picture?:D :D

HammerDown
11-13-2007, 01:38 PM
I have been very happy with my Agressor diverter. Got a smokin' deal from Mr. CBM, too!
Yep...Mr CBM is a good fella to deal with, helped me out several times.;)
Ohhh, PD here and a stock Jet-O-Vater on the JG Pump prior and that worked good too!

502 JET
11-13-2007, 04:04 PM
I have a Place manual diverter. Works fine for me.
Yep...Mr CBM is a good fella to deal with, helped me out several times.;)
Ohhh, PD here and a stock Jet-O-Vater on the JG Pump prior and that worked good too!
It's a shame he doesn't participate more here on the boards. Probably better off not to though with all the piss-in contests that go on here.:)

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
11-13-2007, 09:35 PM
Is that the key to your wheelie picture?:D :D
You know it brotha;) After I hand polished it, I picked up 10mph with the craigslist setting on the GPS :D

Slowboy
11-14-2007, 06:26 AM
You know it brotha;) After I hand polished it, I picked up 10mph with the craigslist setting on the GPS :D
Maybe you should have put it on the EBAY setting for better results:idea:
I have a place and have not had any complaints, but have not tried any of the others either.