PDA

View Full Version : Topock mishaps ?........i had my own too

BigDoug
11-10-2007, 05:42 PM
We got to the pilot gas station on our way to Topock and Lorne (riveratz) noticed oil on the ground and thought it must be from a car............doh !!
So we proceed to have lunch in Topock and then return for home and at one of the rest stops everyone notices a clear fluid from the front drivers side cv boot..................well we get home and washed the hot rod down and we noticed that the oil line coming from the motor to the oil cooler in front was rubbed raw against the cv boot and motor oil was everywhere, i drove this hot rod 3/4 of the way there and back without oil in the engine, it didn't blow up or nothing, the previous oil change i ran synthetic and i believe it helped me get home without any incident.
The dip stick was bone dry and i can see the casing that the oil sits in was bone dry as well.....................i was lucky i guess !! :D

Riveratz
11-10-2007, 05:44 PM
We got to the pilot gas station on our way to Topock and Lorne (riveratz) noticed oil on the ground and thought it must be from a car............doh !!
So we proceed to have lunch in Topock and then return for home and at one of the rest stops everyone notices a clear fluid from the front drivers side cv boot..................well we get home and washed the hot rod down and we noticed that the oil line coming from the motor to the oil cooler in front was rubbed raw against the cv boot and motor oil was everywhere, i drove this hot rod 3/4 of the way there and back without oil in the engine, it didn't blow up or nothing, the previous oil change i ran synthetic and i believe it helped me get home without any incident.
The dip stick was bone dry and i can see the casing that the oil sits in was bone dry as well.....................i was lucky i guess !! :D
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=42823&stc=1&d=1194745432

djunkie
11-10-2007, 05:47 PM
Just because it didn't blow up doesn't mean there isn't any damage. I'd get it checked out just to be sure.

BigDoug
11-10-2007, 05:47 PM
Oh !! i can see this is not going to be good for me when everyone else reads this....................thanks buddy !!.....what are friends for anyways...hehe :D

BigDoug
11-10-2007, 05:50 PM
Djunk, you are absolutely right about that, i will do further investigating.
I can still out run with or without oil !!.........................hehe :D

djunkie
11-10-2007, 05:51 PM
Oh !! i can see this is not going to be good for me when everyone else reads this....................thanks buddy !!.....what are friends for anyways...hehe :D
Next time I see ya I'm gonna bring you a couple quarts of oil and a 5 gallon can of gas :D :D

djunkie
11-10-2007, 05:54 PM
Djunk, you are absolutely right about that, i will do further investigating.
I can still out run with or without oil !!.........................hehe :D
Uh huh sure bud. :rolleyes: :D
Ya I would definately get it checked out. I did the same thing on a VW motor once. Ran the f-er out of oil. Filled it up and a couple days later it went boom. :(

Redneck
11-10-2007, 07:13 PM
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=42823&stc=1&d=1194745432
I bet its next to your stapler

Mrs.Racer277
11-11-2007, 07:05 AM
:( :( That sucks :(

franky
11-11-2007, 07:18 AM
Yes, we will all have to remember this post when time comes for Doug to sell it!!:idea:

INSman
11-11-2007, 07:27 AM
Yes, we will all have to remember this post when time comes for Doug to sell it!!:idea:
That's not so nice Frank :eek:

BigDoug
11-11-2007, 08:05 AM
Franky, i was going to sell it to you !! :D

Throttle
11-11-2007, 08:16 AM
new rhino in future?:idea:
that sux doug... btw, the new cage looked really kool.:D
i cant believe you took that thing in the dirt.

BigDoug
11-11-2007, 08:21 AM
Cameron, your right, Rockstar did a bitchen job on the cage !!
I can't believe i took in the dirt either..................since it's a trailer queen and all........geesh :D

Miss Throttle
11-11-2007, 08:30 AM
new rhino in future?:idea:
that sux doug... btw, the new cage looked really kool.:D
i cant believe you took that thing in the dirt.
New rhino what?????
I say we buy Doug's arctic cat we can probably get a really good deal on it right now. :D
ps, sorry to hear about your problems Doug hope everything works out.

Throttle
11-11-2007, 08:32 AM
New rhino what?????
I say we buy Doug's arctic cat we can probably get a really good deal on it right now. :D
ps, sorry to hear about your problems Doug hope everything works out.
no way... its green like that stuff popeye blows out of his nose...

franky
11-11-2007, 08:42 AM
That's not so nice Frank :eek:
What? Posting the obvious? Hows this:
"Yesterday I was sitting in the Rhino in the wash with a big group and I thought we were having a an eclipse.....but it was just Doug going for a drink":D
The Evil Franky

JetBoatRich
11-11-2007, 12:05 PM
.....i was lucky i guess !! :D
is that what you call that:D

INSman
11-11-2007, 12:37 PM
What? Posting the obvious? Hows this:
"Yesterday I was sitting in the Rhino in the wash with a big group and I thought we were having a an eclipse.....but it was just Doug going for a drink":D
The Evil Franky
I sure hope you know how to run fast :eek: :D

franky
11-11-2007, 03:34 PM
I sure hope you know how to run fast :eek: :D
I can run but I can't hide. He knows where I live:jawdrop:

INSman
11-11-2007, 04:20 PM
I can run but I can't hide. He knows where I live:jawdrop:
I can hear it now, "Attack of the killer stapler" !!! :eek: :D

BigDoug
11-11-2007, 04:50 PM
Damn, that stapler keeps haunting me !! :D

INSman
11-11-2007, 04:53 PM
Damn, that stapler keeps haunting me !! :D
You want to organize a ride for Turkey Day weekend ?? Todd is going to Octatillo or something and won't be around to command the forces...

BigDoug
11-11-2007, 05:48 PM
We all know i can command any force........................don't make me do it now !!.......................After the stop from Mr. Ranger on the topock ride i don't know if there will be any future rides to topock again ?
We didn't see any BLM or rangers on our part of the ride so i don't know what was discussed. :D

Riveratz
11-11-2007, 06:01 PM
You want to organize a ride for Turkey Day weekend ?? Todd is going to Octatillo or something and won't be around to command the forces...
I think that is a great Idea but Doug needs to ride in the back (instead of the front) creating all the dust so he can really get that thing dirty like it was intended to be...

INSman
11-11-2007, 06:49 PM
We all know i can command any force........................don't make me do it now !!.......................After the stop from Mr. Ranger on the topock ride i don't know if there will be any future rides to topock again ?
We didn't see any BLM or rangers on our part of the ride so i don't know what was discussed. :D
Could really care less about Topac, let's do the Desert Bar or the Water Falls or whatever else is fun and not a dust bowl :)

djunkie
11-11-2007, 09:37 PM
What happened? :confused: :confused:

RiverRatMike
11-11-2007, 09:42 PM
Could really care less about Topac, let's do the Desert Bar or the Water Falls or whatever else is fun and not a dust bowl :)
A ride out to Swansea Ghost town would be fun too.

BigDoug
11-11-2007, 10:06 PM
Well then, make it happen captain !! :)

franky
11-12-2007, 05:58 AM
We are in. Can you guys trailer to somewhere down the highway or do you want to road it?

INSman
11-12-2007, 07:05 AM
We are in. Can you guys trailer to somewhere down the highway or do you want to road it?
Either way, Desert Bar is a trailer for sure....;)

franky
11-12-2007, 07:07 AM
Either way, Desert Bar is a trailer for sure....;)
Shea road to the desert bar?
Standard Wash?

INSman
11-12-2007, 07:16 AM
Shea road to the desert bar?
Standard Wash?
If both above are Desert Bar trips, I would prefer to go the offroad route but I am guessing that Standard wash is another ride ?!? :idea:

SJP
11-12-2007, 07:26 AM
Thanks to a fellow rider lending me his spare I was back on the trail. Other rides I have it clanking around and stuff - just getting in the way and sure enough I sliced it pretty bad along the railroad tracks. Again thank you Toby (not sure if he is on this forum) for saving my @&&. I will bring my spare from this point forward.
On a separate note the BLM incident. Even when we tried riding close to tracks when we dropped down to the street it was still posted at the trail head. Not sure if riding on the South side of the tracks all the way down is the way to do it but the ranger did not look like he was to amused with our UTV party. I think I may have contracted the airborne desert amoeba (my eyes and sinus are still jacked). :D
Lastly - A really cool ride I have done once (translation - I have no idea how to navigate it) was Golden Shores to Oatman. There is cool terrain, a couple of old mines, and the whole gun fight in town is pretty cool. Could do the same format and get lunch and turn around. So if any of you desert rats have any input on making that ride happen - I would vote for it. Anyway, good times had here on Sat.