PDA

View Full Version : Well, do the BOLTS >>>>>>>>>>>>>

Not So Fast
11-11-2007, 11:48 AM
Stand a chance tonite Charger fans:idea: Or will it be the massacre I expect, sadly. Seems we have returned to the days of old. And what has happened to the AFC West, damn just last year it was considered one of the best??:confused: I know, on any given Sunday right!! NSF GO BOLTS, PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lavey5150
11-11-2007, 12:00 PM
Raiders will win, chargers will get their asses handed to them, and a 7-9 AFC team will take the West.....................:idea:

blown agin kev
11-11-2007, 12:24 PM
Powder blues + the game after a BEAT down last week = WIN BOLTS 27 COLTS 24:jawdrop:

Wet Dream
11-11-2007, 01:05 PM
According to a poll on NFL.com with 4200 votes, 74% seem to think that the Chargers don't stand a chance. Realistically, do the Chargers have the game this season? Anyone can be beat, so there is still hope for them.

Not So Fast
11-11-2007, 02:23 PM
Powder blues + the game after a BEAT down last week = WIN BOLTS 27 COLTS 24:jawdrop:
I like your thinking best.:D :D
Raider guy, yeah right, keep dreaming;) NSF

Pheelin Phroggy
11-11-2007, 02:40 PM
bolts.... its a long shot... but gotta go with the bolts

Wet Dream
11-11-2007, 04:27 PM
At least AZ won. It gives you something close to cheer for. :D

blown agin kev
11-11-2007, 04:32 PM
what the hell happend to the radiers as long as they have that blue hair Al Daves running the show the radiers will be the door mat in the AFC west :idea: :cry:

Wet Dream
11-11-2007, 04:58 PM
Lets see if NSF starts the Colts @ Bolts thread.

Havasu1986
11-11-2007, 05:20 PM
bolts.... its a long shot... but gotta go with the bolts
Win or lose you will still be in first place at 5-4 or 4-5. :rolleyes:

photo chick
11-11-2007, 05:23 PM
I hope the Chargers win however I believe it's doubtful!
that was nice!!!!

blown agin kev
11-11-2007, 05:23 PM
NSF time to put your game face on :rolleyes:

Wet Dream
11-11-2007, 05:32 PM
SD getting off to a strong start.

Wet Dream
11-11-2007, 05:40 PM
Making a mockery of Indy.

Hardly Satisfied
11-11-2007, 05:48 PM
So far the bolts are still in it with a 10-0 lead.

Hardly Satisfied
11-11-2007, 05:55 PM
Wow, What a nice punt return Bolts 16-0 , Colts might be in trouble

BadKachina
11-11-2007, 05:59 PM
I would have said no, but the defense and special teams has stepped up big time after last weeks embarrassment. When the F is LT gonna score????? I need some more ffl points.

photo chick
11-11-2007, 06:03 PM
Wow........Wow...that's all I can say....Wow!

OCMerrill
11-11-2007, 06:08 PM
Sure spinning Payton's head around right now. Completely unexpected.
It's currently all defense and Chargers just intercepted Payton again.
This good D will hopefully bring up the offense. We will see.

BadKachina
11-11-2007, 06:17 PM
Holy shit, 4 interceptions and the 2cnd quarter just started.:jawdrop:

Wet Dream
11-11-2007, 06:32 PM
Oh, the humanity. :D

photo chick
11-11-2007, 06:36 PM
Oh, the humanity. :D
It's far from over Dreamy!!

Not So Fast
11-11-2007, 07:02 PM
NSF time to put your game face on :rolleyes:
Oh its on baby, you can bet on it:D :D :D Lots of game left though and I'm worried about young Phil, he just doesnt look right to me:idea: :confused: NSF Oh yeah, Cromartie for president!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!! Sproles Vice president

JetBoatRich
11-11-2007, 07:06 PM
Game is still early:rolleyes:

smoker
11-11-2007, 07:08 PM
halftime score. gotta love it.

blown agin kev
11-11-2007, 07:10 PM
Phillip has not been right sinse the 8th game off last season the D needs to play a full 60 min and rivers can not make mistakes we have got to put these guys away early in the 3rd: D :clover:

Hardly Satisfied
11-11-2007, 07:46 PM
Well we have a game now 23-15 .

OCMerrill
11-11-2007, 07:50 PM
Game is about to be tied after a nice recovery fumble into the end zone.......Two point conversion....nope.
Whew Chargers still up by a 2 point lead.:eek:

Wet Dream
11-11-2007, 07:53 PM
Wow, I was all ready to go to bed, giving the win to SD. One last round of checking things before I turn off the TV, and shazaaaam. :D Indy is not giving up on this one.
How you guys holding up over there in SD? At least nobody is crying about the rain...YET. :D

Sleeper CP
11-11-2007, 07:59 PM
7:57 p.m. 23-21 This could get out of control w/ 12:11 left to play.
Come on Chargers and it's raining, damnit.
Sleeper CP
Big Inch Ford Lover

blown agin kev
11-11-2007, 08:14 PM
didnt say it wasnt going to be a nail biter charger pride lives here :jawdrop:

blown agin kev
11-11-2007, 08:42 PM
Oh its on baby, you can bet on it:D :D :D Lots of game left though and I'm worried about young Phil, he just doesnt look right to me:idea: :confused: NSF Oh yeah, Cromartie for president!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!! Sproles Vice president
DIDNT SAY IT WAS GOING TO BE EASY THATS WHAT YOU CALL A JAIL BREAK SCOREBOARD BABY I DONT CARE WHAT ANYBODY SAYS SCORE BOARD CHARGER PRIDE LIVES HERE :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :D :D

Partycattin
holy shiat. Even with mannings 5 pics, vinitierri is going to take a lot of heat for missing 2 field goals that could have won the game for them.

Dan Lorenze
Awesome win for the Bolts....................

BajaMike
Stand a chance tonite Charger fans:idea: Or will it be the massacre I expect, sadly. Seems we have returned to the days of old. And what has happened to the AFC West, damn just last year it was considered one of the best??:confused: I know, on any given Sunday right!! NSF GO BOLTS, PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Chargers lucked out....i'm just leaving the game......Norv Turner SUCKS.....we need a real coach.........:idea:

BadKachina
11-11-2007, 08:45 PM
holy shiat. Even with mannings 5 pics, vinitierri is going to take a lot of heat for missing 2 field goals that could have won the game for them.
Make that 6 picks. Unbelievable game. :)

Not So Fast
11-11-2007, 08:46 PM
A very hollow victory, embarrassing. If they dont fire Turner after this there is no justice IMO:( NSF

disco_charger
11-11-2007, 08:48 PM
Chargers lucked out....i'm just leaving the game......Norv Turner SUCKS.....we need a real coach.........:idea:
Norv does suck. Very lucky win. Rivers looks like crap. 13-24 for 104 yards. He hasn't looked good this year. No points in the second half is the MO for this team. Chargers had less than 200 yards. They were lucky the Colts were missing so many guys.

blown agin kev
11-11-2007, 08:50 PM
Your right norv has got to go but hes AJS LITTLE BITCH so he wont go intell AJ goes

soulboater#1
11-11-2007, 08:52 PM
Me being a RAIDER FAN the bolts got VERY lucky!!!! That feild goal was a chip shot! As stated in many Sunday games on this fourm---ANY GIVEN SUNDAY!!! THE BOLTS SHOULD HAVE LOST.....IM GONE!

Mandelon
11-11-2007, 08:56 PM
HeeHee. :D I wish we could have quit at halftime....:rolleyes:
Seeing the players faces, even after the win, they looked down. What an embarrasing victory. Manning is just really damn good and Rivers....just....isn't.
We have lost a lot of games over the past few seasons in the final minutes by a single score.....at least this time they held out, ya gotta give it to them for that.
Man--->would have kept Brees and Schottenheimer<----delon. :)
Why dump a coach who can't win post season for a coach who can't win during the season???? :eek:

soulboater#1
11-11-2007, 09:01 PM
Why is a coach who wuz 14-2 looking for a new job????

disco_charger
11-11-2007, 09:08 PM
Bill Cowher anyone?

riverroyal
11-11-2007, 09:44 PM
bad coaches,something needs to change.6 turn overs for the colts and chargers nearly lost,in fact they SHOULD have lost.That field goal miss was just crazy,no one misses that

Not So Fast
11-11-2007, 11:05 PM
Billy Ray & Scotts talk show shoulf be very interesting in the morning on XX Radio. NSF

OCMerrill
11-12-2007, 12:47 AM
You have to credit the Defense entirely for the win. Offense did nothing.
Way to go Bolts "Defense only".
To much 3rd and long with LT running the ball. Expected every time.

RitcheyRch
11-12-2007, 05:54 AM
Was at the game and it was a nail biter being a Colts fan. Sure wish it hadnt rained on us and my parade. Most of the Bolts fans there were rubbing my nose in their winning the game early on but their game face sure changed when the Colts started coming back.
I was sure hating the first half of the game. Still cant believe Peyton got picked off 6 freaking times.
Even the Bolts fans were complaining about not having an offense, Thankfully the defense held them together.

photo chick
11-12-2007, 05:57 AM
Was at the game and it was a nail biter being a Colts fan. Sure wish it hadnt rained on us and my parade. Most of the Bolts fans there were rubbing my nose in their winning the game early on but their game face sure changed when the Colts started coming back.
I was sure hating the first half of the game. Still cant believe Peyton got picked off 6 freaking times.
Even the Bolts fans were complaining about not having an offense, Thankfully the defense held them together.
I wondered if you were there. You got to see a good 4th quarter though....Sorry your team didn't win.

RitcheyRch
11-12-2007, 06:00 AM
We didnt stay through the entire 4th quarter since started raining pretty good and needed to get on the road to get home.
We left about 1/2 way through the 4th quarter.
Still was an awesome experience being was my first live NFL football game.
I wondered if you were there. You got to see a good 4th quarter though....Sorry your team didn't win.

RitcheyRch
11-12-2007, 06:39 AM
Definitely was LOUD in there.
That was the loudest it's ever been in the Murph. Ever. It was loud and almost everybody stayed until the end. The look on the Colts fans faces was worth staying for. It was like we hit twice on 19 and got a pair of aces.

Not So Fast
11-12-2007, 07:05 AM
So being a knowlegeble guy on sports SWB, and not rehashing the offensive debacle and very poor coaching last nite where do the Chargers go from here:confused: Can we survive with this coaching staff:idea: I dont think so. Can Phil get back his mojo, I'm not sure he can:( I hope so:idea:
Anyway, whats your thoughts, it was a win but surely a fluke and a very, very bad offensive display :( NSF

Not So Fast
11-12-2007, 07:07 AM
That was the loudest it's ever been in the Murph. Ever. It was loud and almost everybody stayed until the end. The look on the Colts fans faces was worth staying for. It was like we hit twice on 19 and got a pair of aces.
Tried to qoute this but failed, see above question, I value your opinion;) NSF

Tremor Therapy
11-12-2007, 07:31 AM
NSF,
I can answer your question.
If I told you I went to the game, we intercepted 6 passes, the other team missed 2 field goals, and we ran a kick off and a punt back for scores, what would you have guessed the score to be.....35-7, or 49-14? Ha, 23-21, and we got lucky to win!
The last time we had a quarterback play this crappy Marty took him out during the second half of one game, a certain #17 came in in relief, and then that #9 guy played the rest of the season at such a high level that he was voted to the probowl. I don't care what anyone else thinks but Rivers needs to be sat down. He threw 2 more picks, fumbled the ball 2 more times, 1 that lead to a touchdown for the other team. This offense is pathetic, and Rivers is incapable of leading it as he has shown for the past 6-8 weeks! Sit his weak pathetic ass down. Remember, Indy was playing the game without their starting defensive line, and we still couldn't move the damn ball!
And I don't even want to hear about how well the defense played. You pick off 6 passes, and you still give up over 450 yards of offense to a team that has only 14 active players on the offensive side of the ball, and they get a chance to line up for the winning 29 yard field goal with a minute+ left in the game? And if Indy would have made that field goal, there was no way this team was going to win unless Sproles ran another back for a TD.
Don't get me wrong, I'll take the win, but LT said it best last week....we are a mediocre team just trying to win games. Folks Antonio Cromartie and Darrin Sproles have single-handedly won our last 2 games. Thank god they are on our team. And for anyone who wants to call b.s. on my thoughts, Greenbay put a 34-0 on the Vikings. Thats what a good team should do to a mediocre team!

MKEELINE
11-12-2007, 09:26 AM
Phillip Rivers' mojo problem is being put by this coaching staff and his offensive line in a position to fail, rather than a position to succeed. The kid has now started 25 games. You cannot consistently put a QB in 3rd and long. The running game is pretty non existant, which puts a lot of pressure on the QB. Penalties. Holding. Go from 2nd and 1 to 2nd and 11. False start. Go from 3rd and 3 to 3rd and 8. When you can't run the football, you can't even run the ball on 3rd and 3. The offensive line is getting straight beat down every game.
I agree with all of this, BUT, he is not making the throws he needs to. He is missing guys by a mile, these are the same throws he was completing last season. He looks like his confidence is gone. Don't get me wrong, I think he is a good QB. He's just not playing very well right now. If he continues to struggle we may see Volek.

Not So Fast
11-12-2007, 09:30 AM
NSF,
I can answer your question.
If I told you I went to the game, we intercepted 6 passes, the other team missed 2 field goals, and we ran a kick off and a punt back for scores, what would you have guessed the score to be.....35-7, or 49-14? Ha, 23-21, and we got lucky to win!
The last time we had a quarterback play this crappy Marty took him out during the second half of one game, a certain #17 came in in relief, and then that #9 guy played the rest of the season at such a high level that he was voted to the probowl. I don't care what anyone else thinks but Rivers needs to be sat down. He threw 2 more picks, fumbled the ball 2 more times, 1 that lead to a touchdown for the other team. This offense is pathetic, and Rivers is uncapable of leading it as he has shown for the past 6-8 weeks! Sit his weak pathetic ass down. Remember, Indy was playing the game without their starting defensive line, and we still couldn't move the damn ball!
And I don't even want to hear about how well the defense played. You pick off 6 passes, and you still give up over 450 yards of offense to a team that has only 14 active players on the offensive side of the ball, and they get a chance to line up for the winning 29 yard field goal with a minute+ left in the game? And if Indy would have made that field goal, there was no way this team was going to win unless Sproles ran another back for a TD.
Don't get me wrong, I'll take the win, but LT said it best last week....we are a mediocre team just trying to win games. Folks Antonio Cromartie and Darrin Sproles have single-handedly won our last 2 games. Thank god they are on our team. And for anyone who wants to call b.s. on my thoughts, Greenbay put a 34-0 on the Vikings. Thats what a good team should do to a mediocre team!
Tremor, I;m with you on this and i dont think it's being too quick to make the call that Rivers has looked absolutely horrid, I dont care for what reason, dont compare effort with achievment here, he's not getting it done and he's lost his TOUCH and decision making abilities IMO. I know SWB wants to give him a little space but the way he's declined in recent weeks is very concerting to me. Beside the whole team seems to be confuddled and that my friend comes form the TOP DOG, they cannot get rid of the cancer known as Norv Turner fast enough and his entire coaching staff IMO. Before anybody says it, I dont care who they bring in to replace this pathetic loser, any warm body would be better than this guy. :mad: :( :mad: :( NSF

Screaming Pete
11-12-2007, 09:32 AM
Raiders will win, chargers will get their asses handed to them, and a 7-9 AFC team will take the West.....................:idea:
remind me not to follow your stock pics.........lol

MKEELINE
11-12-2007, 09:45 AM
He's being put into position where he has to throw and the other team knows he has to throw. Plus, the pocket is collapsing around him. IMO, the biggest difference between this year and last year is the offensive line blocking schemes. They just aren't getting it done.
If you think Rivers is going to break your heart, wait until Volek gets to play. He'll look great for 3 1/2 quarters, throw for 450 yards and then throw two picks to lose in the last 5 minutes.
No question, the O line is not doing him any favors. But, he's missing wide open guys by alot. With no pressure. And if Volek throws a few picks how would that differ from Rivers, except he might have more than 100 passing yards. I agree that the Chargers problems are more than just Rivers, but at what point do you make a switch?

Tremor Therapy
11-12-2007, 09:46 AM
You can't compare one win to another. Green Bay was at home. We beat the Colts and lost to the Vikings. Wins and losses do not extrapolate across the league. Explain how the Rams beat the Saints.
Bob,
You and I do not see this team through the same color glasses, and how do the Rams have anything to do with how crappy the Chargers are playing? :idea:
The offense of this team and Rivers especially are flat out playing about as poorly as any offense in the league, and have been for what, 7 of the 9 games they have played. The defense is not playing much better.....they may have gotten 6 picks yesterday, but they still gave up 450 yards of offense to a severly handicapped offensive ball club that should have won the game! Even through your glasses you know it. I know a win is a win is a win, but this club is truely middle of the pack. You can say what ever you want about Marty's inablility to win playoff games, but if by some miracle this team wins enough and does end up making the playoffs, they will end up 1 and done again.
I was listening to Mike Ditka last week, and I think he may have said it best...he said that sometimes you have a season where all the breaks go your way, and you over estimate the true ability of the talent on your team. Then instead of taking opportunities to significantly improve your team, you sometimes do a little subtraction thinking it will get better. Well he thought that AJ and the Spano's fell into it, and now their "B" level talent is having to play an "A" level schedule, and they are feeling it.
Like I stated in my rant last week, do you really feel we are better off with Rivers, or would we have been better off by keeping Brees and picking a stud offensive or defensive lineman with that Rivers pick?

BadKachina
11-12-2007, 09:51 AM
He's being put into position where he has to throw and the other team knows he has to throw. Plus, the pocket is collapsing around him. IMO, the biggest difference between this year and last year is the offensive line blocking schemes. They just aren't getting it done.
If you think Rivers is going to break your heart, wait until Volek gets to play. He'll look great for 3 1/2 quarters, throw for 450 yards and then throw two picks to lose in the last 5 minutes.
There's no ball control. Its seems like they pass on first down, run on second and then get forced to pass on third again. LT was averaging 5 yards a carry at the beginning of the game, they have to pound the ball and force their will on other teams like they did last year before you can go to the air.

BadKachina
11-12-2007, 10:10 AM
Thank you John Madden. ;)
Seriously, everyone knows this and yet the Chargers are unable or unwilling to execute this seemingly simple strategy. You cannot force your will on other teams when you can't run the football. Right now, the Chargers cannot run the football. Regardless of yards per carry, nobody is scared of their running game and they're sitting down on the passing game.
When was the last time the Chargers ran a reverse. Game 1 or 2? Last night was about the first game of the season where they ran more than two sweeps.
Ok so it's obvious. But why don't they run on first and second down and use some play action on third? Even the Colts use Addia on a steady basis.
Did you watch the Cardinals/Detroit game? Detroit, who's had success with Jones of late, abandoned the run entirely. I never understand why teams do that. SD has arguably the best rusher in the league, yet they don't let him carry the load. Is this just a product of bad coaching or is their a deficiency in the offensive line? Did Marty have a better scheme to get LT more running room? I'm baffled by it honestly.

Tremor Therapy
11-12-2007, 11:06 AM
Bob,
I agree with your assessment of the zone blocking vs straight man-to-man. But after 10 games the coaching staff needs to have figured this out....every other team has since game 1. They need to throw away Turner's playbook, grab Cameron's old play book, and get back to the system where these players succeeded. Everybody on the offensive side of the ball mentioned how the play book was 3X what Marty's was, so if they can't get it figured out, throw the f*cker away and get back to Martyball. It ain't pretty sometimes, but for the most part, it was damn effective last year! I hate to keep ranting about the same crap, but when I am watching the game and calling out what play they are going to run, what the hell do you think a defense that watched film all week see's?!? :mad:

chase8
11-12-2007, 11:39 AM
OOOOOOOOOOPS! Guess Manning just had an off night! At least he's not a big pussy about it like his cry baby little brother. I back anyone playing the Giants.

MKEELINE
11-12-2007, 11:56 AM
The thought being that if you can't zone block and have a huge playbook, you can't win in the postseason against the Colts and Pats and teams that are faster than you on defense. The Chargers are powerful, but not what you'd call fast and quick. Zone blocking really relies on your lineman being nimble.
I agree that the playbook should be 1/2 what it is now. Just line up and smash somebody in the mouth.
It would be nice if they found a play or two, out of the playbook, they could execute.

Tremor Therapy
11-12-2007, 12:35 PM
If you watch this team, and all of the other successful offenses that Norv put together (remember the Emmitt Smith Cowboys), he put his big offensive line against your defensive line, and ran it between the tackles right down your throat. Once you were softened up a bit, they started using their big receivers and agile tight end to make plays downfield.
The offense that the Chargers are capable of running is very similar. Big offensive line, a smaller nimble, quick running back, a very agile tight end, but lacking in a go to money wide receiver. Hopefully Chambers can get there....quickly. We have some of the parts in place, we just need to get back to a brand of football that this team was built to play. I have tried to explain this to a couple of people who don't really understand football, and the best analogy I can give them is that since we hired the new coach, we are asking a Mac truck to play like a 911SC.

Tremor Therapy
11-12-2007, 12:37 PM
They've got the false start play down pretty well.
And the fumbled snap from center as well!

Ziggy
11-12-2007, 11:17 PM
Told ya.. :D:D:D:D:D