PDA

View Full Version : Suction Pressure??

Outlaw
11-11-2007, 05:28 PM
Where do I need to drill this pump for intake pressure
sender?http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/P1010021.JPG

sanger rat
11-11-2007, 05:38 PM
One inch from the face of the impeller as close as one and six o-clock as you can get it. That way you can tune your shoe and loader.

Cs19
11-11-2007, 05:56 PM
halfway between the R and the water port is where I take my reading in the middle, I take readings top, middle and bottom.

sanger rat
11-11-2007, 06:07 PM
Chris, How much of a pressure difference do you see in the middle?

Outlaw
11-11-2007, 06:09 PM
So like in these 3 places??http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/port.jpg

sanger rat
11-11-2007, 06:13 PM
Yes. I just have the top and bottom. After installing mine I found a ten# difference between the two.

Outlaw
11-11-2007, 06:37 PM
So i try and balance the top and bottom pressures?
for example I have 35PSI on the bottom and 60PSI
on the top, I would trim my loader ramps back until
the top pressure is close to the 35PSI?
and if the bottom is high I would trim the shoe?

Cs19
11-11-2007, 08:27 PM
So i try and balance the top and bottom pressures?
for example I have 35PSI on the bottom and 60PSI
on the top, I would trim my loader ramps back until
the top pressure is close to the 35PSI?
and if the bottom is high I would trim the shoe?
The upper inlet will always be higher at least from what I have seen. Yes, its ideal to have equal inlet pressures but its hard to do. We dialed this in on the red rogers and it picked up a little bit, much harder to dial in on my tunnell.
If you were in the situation like your example..You could try cutting your loader back to even out the high/low pressures but trust me its not that easy...Another thing you could try is more shoe to raise low inlet pressure to even them out. If you dont get where you want to be with shoe/loader depths, I'd look at changing the release point on the loader. If your loader aims at the center of the impeller, maybe try aiming it lower to raise low inlet pressure :confused: I personally have not tried that yet but plan on it. Good luck its challenging to dial in, Im working on the same thing right now, not sure what is to be gained but probably worth exploring.

sanger rat
11-11-2007, 09:03 PM
Ok, but by trimming the loader won't that increase the bottom pressure? If you alow more water to slip past the loader it will be picked up by the shoe. My boating season is done for the year so I can't play with the hardware till next summer. I would like to get my pressure down to about 25#.

Cs19
11-11-2007, 09:37 PM
Ok, but by trimming the loader won't that increase the bottom pressure? If you alow more water to slip past the loader it will be picked up by the shoe. My boating season is done for the year so I can't play with the hardware till next summer. I would like to get my pressure down to about 25#.
Yes it should IMO

Placecraft Dragstar
11-12-2007, 03:10 AM
Hook on to that beast and head south, its still warm here.

Cs19
11-12-2007, 07:35 AM
So like in these 3 places??http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/port.jpg
your top and bottom are right under the wear ring, you will be drilling into the wear ring if you drill right there.