PDA

View Full Version : Standard Pacific homes

Eliminator 4 Life
11-11-2007, 08:18 PM
I know this builder has built alot of houses in southern california. I was wondering if anyone has experinced anything with this home builder. Im thinking of buying one of their houses and was looking for some feedback. Thanks

new2cats
11-11-2007, 08:24 PM
We just moved to "Big Sky" development in Northern Simi Valley.....we have an approx. 4,500 sq. ft. 1 story model in "Glen Meadow"....Standard Pacific is the builder...we have the actual Model they used to show the single story.
The builder makes a very nice home; more importantly is the customer service on punch list items...they rock and always do more than we expect upon arrival. This is usually solely dependant on the super handling the tract and Ray our guy is awesome. We are very happy with the quality, architecture and follow up.
Hope this helps.

Eliminator 4 Life
11-11-2007, 08:29 PM
We just moved to "Big Sky" development in Northern Simi Valley.....we have an approx. 4,500 sq. ft. 1 story model in "Glen Meadow"....Standard Pacific is the builder...we have the actual Model they used to show the single story.
The builder makes a very nice home; more importantly is the customer service on punch list items...they rock and always do more than we expect upon arrival. This is usually solely dependant on the super handling the tract and Ray our guy is awesome. We are very happy with the quality, architecture and follow up.
Hope this helps.
Thanks I appreciate the feed back and it is very helpful.

INSman
11-11-2007, 09:04 PM
Maybe check the Contractors License Board for complaints, not sure if "Builders" show up or not but guess that they should/would....

Outnumbered
11-11-2007, 09:32 PM
They are an average quality tract builder. Nothing real special. I have not heard much negative about them. They build a range of homes from entry level to executive homes. Just do lots of looking at the builders. Walk through some of the homes being built on a weekend early evening before dark after the workers are gone. Look at how they are building them, take notes and pictures, compare to the other builders. Google and read all you can.
Here is a JD Power rating I found from your area...
http://www.jdpower.com/homes/ratings/home-builder-quality-ratings/s.f.-bay-area

riverroyal
11-11-2007, 09:42 PM
my wife is in the industry(shea homes) and she says the are above average,one of the more reputable builders.I would buy one without any worries at all.

John.
11-11-2007, 09:48 PM
They are a good builder. Ericka sells homes for Woodside Homes and says SPH is good. Be nice to your sales agent. They are having to work a lot harder lately and the stress level is high.

Eliminator 4 Life
11-11-2007, 09:50 PM
my wife is in the industry(shea homes) and she says the are above average,one of the more reputable builders.I would buy one without any worries at all.
Thank you they do have some nice neighborhoods..
http://www.standardpacifichomes.com/findhome/NeighborhoodIntro.aspx?NID=1318
This one for sure....

riverroyal
11-11-2007, 09:51 PM
floorplans and exterior elevations are the best ive seen here in san diego.Good luck!

Eliminator 4 Life
11-11-2007, 09:51 PM
They are a good builder. Ericka sells homes for Woodside Homes and says SPH is good. Be nice to your sales agent. They are having to work a lot harder lately and the stress level is high.
Well its a buyers market right now and they are making some sweet deals..

riverroyal
11-11-2007, 09:52 PM
nice house

Eliminator 4 Life
11-11-2007, 09:54 PM
nice house
Yes they are wish I had 7mil laying around...:D

Eliminator 4 Life
11-11-2007, 09:55 PM
nice house
after I saw those who wants this dog house haha..
http://www.standardpacifichomes.com/findhome/NeighborhoodFloorPlan.aspx?NID=1482&FPID=317998&PFPID=Galgano&nName=Villagio&oDivName=Central%20Valley&MdivName=Central%20Valley

ssmike
11-11-2007, 09:56 PM
StanPac is a good builder. PM me if you want specific information as I have a unique perspective with SP

Eliminator 4 Life
11-11-2007, 10:02 PM
StanPac is a good builder. PM me if you want specific information as I have a unique perspective with SP
pm sent

talkinghead
11-11-2007, 10:43 PM
I am in the process of buying a Standard Pacific home in Temecula - I have been looking at Standard Pacific homes for the last few months (since July).
They seem to be pretty good.
I would not be surprised though if they were either acquired or reorganized in the next year or so.
All builders are under pressure, but Stan Pac is reportedly under perhaps the most pressure according to recent analyst reports.
Even if they do go bankrupt, I suspect they will reorg. and emerge a healthier company.
Stan. Pac's main markets as I recall are Cali, Arizona and Florida - 3 hard hit market spaces.

Not So Fast
11-11-2007, 10:51 PM
I believe they built the "Fox Point" tract in Leucadia back in the 70's. We bought one and it was a nice house for a tract. NSF

OverKill
11-11-2007, 11:59 PM
Hey I have to thread jack a little, something is really makeing me think. My wife and I bought our house last year for $225,000. Now you can puchase the same exact home for $145,000. Talk about a big hit, as to most of us. So I was thinking of giving the keys back to the bank on this house and going out and buying the same home ($145,000) cash. I would just take the 7 year hit and move on. So I know this is an insane idea but it is an idea. What do you guys think??
OverKill

Cole Trickle
11-12-2007, 09:46 AM
Hey I have to thread jack a little, something is really makeing me think. My wife and I bought our house last year for $225,000. Now you can puchase the same exact home for $145,000. Talk about a big hit, as to most of us. So I was thinking of giving the keys back to the bank on this house and going out and buying the same home ($145,000) cash. I would just take the 7 year hit and move on. So I know this is an insane idea but it is an idea. What do you guys think??
OverKill
Keep your house and buy the 145K one cash and rent it out. you will be $$$ ahead in 5 years when the market swings and won't have the default on your record.
They can hound you for more than 7 years if they keep selling the note from one collection agency to another.

al cole'holic
11-12-2007, 09:51 AM
Hope this helps.
...what's up neighbor :D
I too can say they have been great to deal with and have had no issues with them..any issue that did arise was vendor oriented and not a SP problem..

Pro Max
11-12-2007, 09:54 AM
My friend works for them as a Super, all I can say is there Quality is light years ahead of Lennar ( my home ) He is very picky of how his homes are built. My next home will defintly be a Standard Pacific.

Mandelon
11-12-2007, 10:21 AM
OverKill
This is what I have posted about previously. Not only will you get foreclosure home on the market taken back from people who can't afford their payments, you will get foreclosure homes back from people who choose not to take the (temporary) loss. This will be a smaller wave, but will still be thousands of additional homes given back to the banks.
I'd suggest you buy the new one first, then try to get the bank to take the home "deed in lieu." This means getting them to take the title back without going through the foreclosure process. It would, I believe ding your credit, but not so much as a foreclosure would.
Talk with your tax guy, an attorney and the bank's reo department and be sure you get the right answers.

riverroyal
11-12-2007, 10:23 AM
145???,,maybe its time to move for me

bigq
11-12-2007, 10:30 AM
Might want to ask what happens to the warranty if someone buys them out or they don't make it. I only say this because they are one of the top builders that do not look good on paper.

uLtRADeNniS
11-12-2007, 10:36 AM
I just helped a friend get into one a few months back.
I think they are a lot nicer than some of the other top builders in our area.. such as; KB and Taylor Woodrow. The floor plans seem to be a little nicer and they give you more options at the base price than some of the other builders. Also when we where looking, it seemed the S.P. homes where more spaced out than other neighborhoods(I know that is sometimes a big issue with people looking for new homes.).
Good luck on your search!

Eliminator 4 Life
11-12-2007, 09:42 PM
waiting:idea: