PDA

View Full Version : China

Rexone
11-11-2007, 11:45 PM
What does everyone think of China ignoring world protocol by buying up endangered animals and animal parts from other countries? Between everything in our stores being from China, their ownership stake in our economy, their military building machine, and this kind of stuff... ah Captain I think we have a problem. While perhaps the sky isn't falling yet, to me all this points to one goal of the Chinese... global domination both economically and militarily at some point in time. They are plundering their own resources at an alarming rate. They will run short at some point with their population. What then? I for one am concerned about all of the above as a security issue for the US a decade or two down the road.
Here's a link from yesterdays news (http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20071110/sc_afp/thailandindonesiamalaysiachinawildlife_07111019031 4)
Here's one from 60 minutes about ivory poaching and the Chinese buying up everything available. (http://www.cbsnews.com/sections/60minutes/main3415.shtml) Click on the Ivory Wars video.

YeLLowBoaT
11-11-2007, 11:50 PM
I think when chinas demand for goods out wieghts the money they can make by selling to the world market lots of countrys will be fooked including us.

Old Texan
11-12-2007, 05:53 AM
Being an old Star Trek fan, "The Borg" come to mind.......

OKIE-JET
11-12-2007, 06:17 AM
Being an old Star Trek fan, "The Borg" come to mind.......
you must assimilate....resistance is futile.
I think the Chinese will decimate themselves. By this I mean that I think they will go too far with the resource plundering, the food and water problems, before raising their heads up and realize they no longer can feed the beast from within. By then (their realization) they may be able to reach a ways.....but not too far or too long. I Hope. Then again, it could be a partial reason why it seems that the U.S. is "concerned" with so many pressing issues "surrounding" China. Look at a world map and you'll see what I mean.:idea:

Moneypitt
11-12-2007, 07:20 AM
I saw part of a deal last night about human transplants. In the UK there are 2000 people waiting for various body parts, kidneys, lungs, hearts, livers etc etc. In the US 6700, and in China......2 million, yeah, 2 MILLION......China has a big problem with the blackmarket and transplant harvests before the donor is through with them........Also, here in the US if you won't make it 5 more years with the transplant, you are off the list.........Or at least moved down below someone that will............2 Million Chinese waiting for legit spare parts, that is scary. Imagine walking around with all your body parts and having people look at you as a donor, voluntary or not..........MP

ULTRA26 # 1
11-12-2007, 09:11 AM
China is a far bigger problem than the Middle East.
It won't be long before the elephant in extinct, as a result of China's thirst for ivory. At the current pace it won't be long before China holds the paper 30% of our National Debt. The time is here, where American consumers have no other choice but to buy products made in China, because there are none made in th USA. Chinese subs are popping up in range of US Navy ships and carriers, etc. etc etc. China is a problem

Riverless
11-12-2007, 11:16 AM
Don't forget how they were stuffing dogs and puppies into sacks and slaughtering them for their fur to use as trim on coats. :(

cxr133
11-12-2007, 11:31 AM
you must assimilate....resistance is futile.
Then again, it could be a partial reason why it seems that the U.S. is "concerned" with so many pressing issues "surrounding" China. Look at a world map and you'll see what I mean.:idea:
Hmmm......... are you saying american nukes may already be in Afghanistan???

OKIE-JET
11-12-2007, 11:51 AM
Hmmm......... are you saying american nukes may already be in Afghanistan???
:idea: Anything is possible....I'm sure American "influenced" nukes are very close in the region. We have kept some pretty tight alliances in the neighborhood for quite some time, and its my belief that these circumstances in China havent been just creeping up on us. Peoplr in intel circles have seen this for decades. I fully believe it lies at the basis for involvement in the region, not just for a shortsighted aim such as oil supply, after all, theres much more oil elsewhere.:idea:

Moneypitt
11-12-2007, 01:32 PM
Shhhhh, if the left wing media find out about our top secret plans for China, they'll print it, denounce it, and blame the right for lies to the Anmerican public. All for one sensational headline........Morons........MP

asch
11-12-2007, 03:11 PM
For a long time now we've known China would EVENTUALLY be a major problem. When the time is ripe, I'm thinking an alliance among the other Asiatic (North Korea) countries, Arab countries/emerites and Russia with China is a likelihood,,, with Israel as the pawn. "Do what we want or the Jew gets it" is what I'm seeing unfold in the future.
The way I see it, the US can't be defeated militarily by any one country. An alliance against us and our allies is a different story. No country nowadays is stupid enough to all out invade another country without support from others.
As of right now, I think China's just stickin their dick out in the wind to get a reaction, but, not something to be ignored.
Also, Germany, in the late 30's, decided at some point, it needed more resources as well....We know how that turned out.

centerhill condor
11-13-2007, 10:33 AM
As of right now, I think China's just stickin their dick out in the wind to get a reaction, but, not something to be ignored.
the man has a way with a phrase...:eek:
Anyhow, recently China replaced Germany as the world's 3rd largest economy...if you act crazy in China you get brain surgery and not the fun kind either...China cloned fish back in the 60s and my bet is they're cloning all kinds of things as we type.
It is such a huge country and so populated that we can't possibly know what is going on in one topic or the other...makes the place kinda slippery.
One thing they're gonna want and soon is women. One kid per family equates to no daughters! Finally, a market we can dominate.
CC

Old Texan
11-13-2007, 04:38 PM
Anyhow, recently China replaced Germany as the world's 3rd largest economy...if you act crazy in China you get brain surgery and not the fun kind either...China cloned fish back in the 60s and my bet is they're cloning all kinds of things as we type.
It is such a huge country and so populated that we can't possibly know what is going on in one topic or the other...makes the place kinda slippery.
One thing they're gonna want and soon is women. One kid per family equates to no daughters! Finally, a market we can dominate.
CC
By 2030 the Chinese/India economies will surpass the USA/European Union in output at current rates.

Blown 472
11-13-2007, 05:35 PM
CC
Send them women?

Steve 1
11-13-2007, 05:42 PM
What does everyone think of China ignoring world protocol by buying up endangered animals and animal parts from other countries? Between everything in our stores being from China, their ownership stake in our economy, their military building machine, and this kind of stuff... ah Captain I think we have a problem. While perhaps the sky isn't falling yet, to me all this points to one goal of the Chinese... global domination both economically and militarily at some point in time. They are plundering their own resources at an alarming rate. They will run short at some point with their population. What then? I for one am concerned about all of the above as a security issue for the US a decade or two down the road.
Here's a link from yesterdays news (http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20071110/sc_afp/thailandindonesiamalaysiachinawildlife_07111019031 4)
Here's one from 60 minutes about ivory poaching and the Chinese buying up everything available. (http://www.cbsnews.com/sections/60minutes/main3415.shtml) Click on the Ivory Wars video.
"What does everyone think of China ignoring world protocol by buying up endangered animals and animal parts from other countries? "
The short answer would be they are fellow Communists to our very own democrats and get a pass. Same as in WWll it was Only when Hitler started killing Russians the left was crying for War to stop him.

Blown 472
11-13-2007, 05:44 PM
"What does everyone think of China ignoring world protocol by buying up endangered animals and animal parts from other countries? "
The short answer would be they are fellow Communists to our very own democrats and get a pass. Same as in WWll it was Only when Hitler started killing Russians the left was crying for War to stop him.
But, but stevo, your boy gdumbya is sucking their asses, what do you think about that?

ULTRA26 # 1
11-13-2007, 06:01 PM
By 2030 the Chinese/India economies will surpass the USA/European Union in output at current rates.
I don't believe it will take until 2030 at this rate

Steve 1
11-13-2007, 06:46 PM
But, but stevo, your boy gdumbya is sucking their asses, what do you think about that?
Much Less than your boy Bent Clinton.

Rexone
11-14-2007, 04:34 AM
Much Less than your boy Bent Clinton.
You guys both just keep pushin me.
This thread is about China, not you 2 tradin Bush, Clinton jabs. Seriously, grow up.
If it continues you can both say bye bye to ***boat. The babysitting era is over. Between the links, the c&P, the bickering, the name calling of each other and others, the off topic bs, inflamatory one liners, etc etc etc, all against forum guidelines, I'm done catering to both of you. You've both had countless warnings and multiple bans.

OGShocker
11-14-2007, 06:04 AM
What does everyone think of China ignoring world protocol by buying up endangered animals and animal parts from other countries?
First let me kick off my, Bald Eagle with Panda Bear lining boots.
China is a virus! They are the largest single threat to this little rock, we call home.

Trailer Park Casanova
11-19-2007, 06:28 AM
One thing good about China is they whack criminals with a AK round to the mellon.
China is bragging about switching to the German Mark for world exchanges instead of the US dollar.
That'll last about 8 mo's I predict if they do it. I think it's just talk because their is US pressure for them to re-value their YUAN.
Have you priced electrical wire lately? It's approaching priced out status because it's all heading to China.
Perhaps the US needs to take care of itself first with energy. Then maybe sell on the world market to places like China after domestic needs are satisfied.
The big tanker mis-hap in the SF Bay was with a Chinese tanker hauling US domestic well'd and brew'd oil.

centerhill condor
11-19-2007, 12:26 PM
nice alpine stars..
CC

BOATDOC54626
11-19-2007, 01:43 PM
I agree, the china thing is doing us in, as long as we support their economy I dont know how it will right itself, and each day the problem is multiplying by square. I think we can all agree the common problem here is greed, and the american public that cares will have to stop doing business with the companies that think china is so good for us. Who ever said there was not a cold war, china is smarter than we think, they are getting close to getting the job done.

wsuwrhr
11-24-2007, 07:21 AM
I agree, the china thing is doing us in, as long as we support their economy I dont know how it will right itself, and each day the problem is multiplying by square. I think we can all agree the common problem here is greed, and the american public that cares will have to stop doing business with the companies that think china is so good for us. Who ever said there was not a cold war, china is smarter than we think, they are getting close to getting the job done.
The problem rests with all of us. Supply only fuels the demand.
I just bought a box load of chuck jaws for my lathe, from "US" Shop Tools", all the steel jaws are marked "made in taiwan", all of the aluminum jaws are marked "Made in USA", they weren't very happy when I called them and asked for a call tag to send the steel jaws back. I hope I can find a US supplier for jaws.
Brian

Blown 472
11-24-2007, 07:37 AM
The problem rests with all of us. Supply only fuels the demand.
I just bought a box load of chuck jaws for my lathe, from "US" Shop Tools", all the steel jaws are marked "made in taiwan", all of the aluminum jaws are marked "Made in USA", they weren't very happy when I called them and asked for a call tag to send the steel jaws back. I hope I can find a US supplier for jaws.
Brian
Very well done, I dont buy that chineese crap, I would rather spend more on hot rod parts made here then that import crap.

centerhill condor
11-27-2007, 09:46 AM
Came across this the other day...the last time this happened it was mine sweepers ahead of a storm...denied access to the port and had to refuel at sea in rather perilous conditions...said it was 'cause Taiwan's president visited the White House.
These guys are aren't our friends and shouldn't have access to our markets, technology, and political processes.
CC
CHINA has refused permission for a US aircraft carrier and accompanying vessels to visit Hong Kong for a long-planned Thanksgiving holiday visit.
The Kitty Hawk group and its crew of 8000 US airmen and sailors had been expected in Hong Kong yesterday, but will now spend the holiday on the South China Sea.
Hundred of relatives of crew members of the USS Kitty Hawk had flown to Hong Kong to celebrate Thanksgiving with their loved ones.
Hong Kong has been a regular port of call for US sailors on R & R since the Vietnam War.
The Chinese move comes as a surprise just weeks after a visit to China by US Defence Secretary Robert Gates.
"At present, it appears the USS Kitty Hawk strike group will not be making a port call in Hong Kong as previously planned as a result of a last minute denial by the Chinese Ministry of Foreign Affairs," State Department spokeswoman Nicole Thompson said.
The US was pressing China for an explanation and to reconsider its decision, she said.
There are several possible sources of discontent that may have prompted the decision - including US plans to sell Taiwan a $US940 million ($1.08 billion) upgrade to its missile system and a meeting last month between US President George W. Bush and the Dalai Lama, the Tibetan Buddhist leader who Beijing considers a traitor.
The Foreign Ministry in Beijing declined to comment.