PDA

View Full Version : Range Rover SC Sport vs. BMW X5

JMC
11-12-2007, 12:22 AM
Allright, I know they are both poser wagons, but the wife wants something with a little more flash. I figured some of you guys probably had some experience with them or opinions. Thanks.

skisupreme
11-12-2007, 06:38 AM
Range Rover is rated to tow up to 7700 lbs, not sure the BMW can tow more than a couple jet skis if that makes a difference.

BoatPI
11-12-2007, 07:49 AM
I believe that Range Rover has one of the worst repair records for a newer vehicle. Check it out. It may be in the shop most of the time.
Now I know it is not a RR, but Hummer H3 will soon have a 5.7 V-8 under the hood. Just an alternative if you need some launching/towing avaibility or the VW Toreg V-8.

OCM
11-12-2007, 08:09 AM
SRT 8, fast And Fun

prosthogod
11-12-2007, 08:53 AM
Ditto on the SRT8 jeep. It will blow the doors off the others. I have driven it, and the only thing that compares on the launch is my viper. It is an unknown sleeper.

caroftheweek
11-12-2007, 05:39 PM
I believe that Range Rover has one of the worst repair records for a newer vehicle. Check it out. It may be in the shop most of the time.
Now I know it is not a RR, but Hummer H3 will soon have a 5.7 V-8 under the hood. Just an alternative if you need some launching/towing avaibility or the VW Toreg V-8.
GM has not had a 5.7 liter in a truck since 1999. The H3 will have a 5.3 V8:D

riverroyal
11-12-2007, 05:57 PM
just have a crappy resale thread??Both of these vehicle absolutely suck on resale values

Redwing247
11-12-2007, 10:08 PM
Range Rover is rated to tow up to 7700 lbs, not sure the BMW can tow more than a couple jet skis if that makes a difference.
Not with that funky tow hitch set up.....good luck.
RR has the look and the ride comfort, insurance is higher due to high repair cost.

Swoop
11-12-2007, 10:44 PM
Range, SC is sweet- I hear all kinds of bad things service wise but what the heck...
Nice tow power & fun to drive, I've considered trading my car in for one but am now considering an escalade because of the 100k warranty and if you buy one with 10k miles on it they are very reasonable. The range is not worth buying new the resale will kill you but theres plenty out there with hardly any miles for 10-15k less @ dealers.
I've driven damn near everything a few times before I bought my last car early this year and last month since i've been considering switching up AGAIN so i've been around!
Enjoy.

BajaMike
11-12-2007, 11:24 PM
Allright, I know they are both poser wagons, but the wife wants something with a little more flash. I figured some of you guys probably had some experience with them or opinions. Thanks.
I've driven both, the Ranger Rover does not have much leg room, I couldn't straighten my legs while driving it (I'm 6' tall).
The BMW X5 V8 is a great vehicle...they gave me one as a loaner at the Marriott in Vail last winter....I drove over to Breckenridge one day....it would easily cruise at over 110 mph going up hill over the pass by Copper Mountain (that's at least 8,000 to 9,000 foot altitude)....I really liked it. Plus the new BMWs include all repairs and maintanence for 3 year/50,000 miles.
I think the tow rating is 6,000 lbs.
If you are towing anything heavier then that, you need an American 3/4 ton or 1 ton truck...........IMHO......:D
:idea:

RiverOtter
11-13-2007, 03:02 AM
This I gotta see. :idea:

YeLLowBoaT
11-13-2007, 03:18 AM
Per the RR web site 7716 lb (http://www.landroverusa.com/us/en/Vehicles/RangeRover_Sport/Vehicle_Features/On-road_Performance.htm)
does not say if there is a diffrence between the SC and the normal version.

RiverOtter
11-13-2007, 03:21 AM
Per the RR web site 7716 lb (http://www.landroverusa.com/us/en/Vehicles/RangeRover_Sport/Vehicle_Features/On-road_Performance.htm)
does not say if there is a diffrence between the SC and the normal version.
I want to see someone towing a 28 Nordic Heat. I ain't believing it till I see it :idea: