PDA

View Full Version : Lifted 08 Super Duty???

socaldieselkrew
11-12-2007, 12:36 AM
Anyone got an 08 Super Duty lifted yet, id like to get the fabtec 6" standard system on my new F350 and i really dont wanna break the bank... Anyone got one are they happy with the ride, and what is the deal with the kit not working with certain climate controlled models???

riverbound
11-12-2007, 03:34 AM
i would stay away from the fabtech kit. I have heard of quite a few problems with them.

cc322
11-12-2007, 05:20 AM
One company when it comes to Superdutys, remember you get what you pay for. Spend a little more now and be happy for ever:D
http://www.donahoeracing.com/index.php

GRUNION
11-12-2007, 05:54 AM
http://grunionfabrication.com/Gallery/albums/album142/DSCN5149.sized.jpg
Here is one we did. The customer is very happy with it. The only drawback to the kit was the huge block in the rear that you stack on your original block. They didnt offer a leaf kit when I lifted the truck they should by now though. There are definately better kits on the market but if you have a budget you have to stay in you will be ok with the fabtech.

prosthogod
11-12-2007, 06:01 AM
Just remember it will void your suspension, drivetrain warranty.

Sherpa
11-12-2007, 06:18 AM
http://grunionfabrication.com/Gallery/albums/album142/DSCN5149.sized.jpg
Here is one we did. The customer is very happy with it. The only drawback to the kit was the huge block in the rear that you stack on your original block. They didnt offer a leaf kit when I lifted the truck they should by now though. There are definately better kits on the market but if you have a budget you have to stay in you will be ok with the fabtech.
please tell me a professional fab/lift shop did not stack rear blocks-??? God I
hope not..... cause if that's the case, and something happens as a result of
those blocks, I hope you've got super duper insurance.
--custom springs are a phone call away.....
--Sherpa

mmered8299
11-12-2007, 06:21 AM
You just spent 50K-60K for a new truck and you are worried about money?

INSman
11-12-2007, 07:09 AM
You just spent 50K-60K for a new truck and you are worried about money?
Probably equates to about a $750 monthly payment, new suspension with rims and tires and I think you are looking at maybe $6-$7k in good old after tax cash dollars.:(

Uniqueperformancewest
11-12-2007, 07:28 AM
Theres a variety of options available for the new superduties, Donahoe Racing is definetly at the top of the list though. And as everyone has said you get what you pay for and Donahoe is definetly worth it. However there are some more reasonable options such as Rize's Radius arm lift, aswell as there 4 link setup. Fabtech has some stuff available aswell but I'm not a huge fan of putting there kits on trucks. If your interested in more info on what you can do on maybe some pricing shoot me an email or pm. John@uniqueperformancemarine.com
Thanks John

partytime
11-12-2007, 07:41 AM
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/3254/8136front_end.jpg
I know the photo is large but I wanted to show the detail.
Everything on this kit is Fabtech. It is an 8" with 2.5 shocks (I think) all the way around. Jay and his guys at Extreme did it. The tires are 37" Toyo M/Ts.

partytime
11-12-2007, 07:44 AM
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/3254/8136truck_5.jpg
the front stabilizers

AZJD
11-12-2007, 07:56 AM
Just remember it will void your suspension, drivetrain warranty.
You sure about that?
Dealers are lifting trucks and allowing in most cases 6" and abve lifts.......

partytime
11-12-2007, 08:20 AM
i would stay away from the fabtech kit. I have heard of quite a few problems with them.
Like what? Mine has been great so far...

prosthogod
11-12-2007, 09:02 AM
You sure about that?
Dealers are lifting trucks and allowing in most cases 6" and abve lifts.......
Possative. If you have the dealer do it (and he charges you double), then they at that dealer will warranty it. Go to deiselstop.com or the deisel garage .com and search the threads. It sucks.

redneckcharlie
11-12-2007, 09:34 AM
Possative. If you have the dealer do it (and he charges you double), then they at that dealer will warranty it. Go to deiselstop.com or the deisel garage .com and search the threads. It sucks.
This is completely incorrect, and if your dealer is doing this, go to another ford dealer. Every one of my super dutys has had lifts on them(six of them to this point), and they have all gone back to the dealer for little warranty issues. My current 04 has 11 inches of lift and 38.5's, and just went in, the dealer had no issues with anything. The dealer is not going to warrant the suspension parts that have been changed(not a big surprise, they're not their parts). ;)

prosthogod
11-12-2007, 10:25 AM
I also have had 2 others with lifts and mods, with no problem. I just ordered a new one I have been to 3 different dealers and all have stated the same thing. If you don't believe me go to those web sites and see for yourself.

socaldieselkrew
11-12-2007, 11:40 AM
I like the idea of lifting the truck 8"on 37's, no way im stacking blocks though... Atlas Spring co, already got a quote for $650 for 6" extended springs with an extra spring over stock in the back.
Partytime sick truck we got the same one minus mine aint lifted yet... anyone every used a Keldermann Air Ride kit?? How much can you tow with one of those 4 link air bag kits??