PDA

View Full Version : Info on hooking up Direct TV

MR.rvrluvr
11-12-2007, 04:30 PM
we just moved into a new house....we are current customers of Direct Tv....I want to go HD and tivo and all the bs that comes with it.....what is the best way to get hooked up with an existing account?.....We kept our old TIVO box but have nothing else for the new house....

voodoomedman
11-12-2007, 04:33 PM
we just moved into a new house....we are current customers of Direct Tv....I want to go HD and tivo and all the bs that comes with it.....what is the best way to get hooked up with an existing account?.....We kept our old TIVO box but have nothing else for the new house....You just call them. They come and setup all the stuff at the new house for free.

Not So Fast
11-12-2007, 05:44 PM
we just moved into a new house....we are current customers of Direct Tv....I want to go HD and tivo and all the bs that comes with it.....what is the best way to get hooked up with an existing account?.....We kept our old TIVO box but have nothing else for the new house....
Just out of curiosity what is the meaning or intent on the name of your boat:confused:Thanks, NSF

MR.rvrluvr
11-12-2007, 05:47 PM
Just out of curiosity what is the meaning or intent on the name of your boat:confused:Thanks, NSF
I think its funny:)

MR.rvrluvr
11-12-2007, 05:49 PM
You just call them. They come and setup all the stuff at the new house for free.
what about adding new receivers....is their different dishes?....I know I can ask them all this but I wanted to get a few opinions b4 I went thru their sales pitch.....

Boatcop
11-12-2007, 06:19 PM
what about adding new receivers....is their different dishes?....I know I can ask them all this but I wanted to get a few opinions b4 I went thru their sales pitch.....
Usually no sales pitch. You tell them what you want, and where, and they'll install the equipment you need.
Their dishes are pretty slick nowadays. They can probably run your whole house, including HD, off of just one dish.

INSman
11-12-2007, 07:41 PM
They recently called us about upgrading our dish and about the latest HD receiver with DVR for no charge other than an additional 2 year commitment and we told them "done deal"... Showed up Saturday, installed the new dish and new HD receiver with DVR and I moved the older HD receiver with TIVO upstairs and this new unit works perfectly. Now I can finally watch one show and record at least 1 if not 2 others at the same time. :D

JetBoatRich
11-12-2007, 08:17 PM
cal them and they will set up a former customer work order. Should be free:rolleyes: as long as you have the old boxes.

NdaWind
11-12-2007, 08:23 PM
We just got DirectTV and love the HD. I have a problem with weather channel though, on cable every 8 minutes it would show our local weather along with doppler and traffic. Now with DirectTv every 8 minutes we get weather from all over the country. is this normal?

JetBoatRich
11-12-2007, 08:25 PM
We just got DirectTV and love the HD. I have a problem with weather channel though, on cable every 8 minutes it would show our local weather along with doppler and traffic. Now with DirectTv every 8 minutes we get weather from all over the country. is this normal?
use the "ACTIVE" button on the remote, it will get you local information

HocusPocus
11-12-2007, 08:35 PM
did you sell your place up here in the desert and move down the hill?

NdaWind
11-12-2007, 09:01 PM
use the "ACTIVE" button on the remote, it will get you local information
Tried that not much info there. seems strange that cable can do it but not Sat even though Sat. has our zip code entered. Was a real nice feature from the weather channel.

JetBoatRich
11-13-2007, 04:48 AM
Tried that not much info there. seems strange that cable can do it but not Sat even though Sat. has our zip code entered. Was a real nice feature from the weather channel.
set it up like mentioned, best you you will get for now