PDA

View Full Version : Anyone's thoughts about acupuncture!

TRG
11-12-2007, 06:25 PM
I have been having severe back pains, and wondering about possibly going to see someone about acupuncture, and who knows, maybe even talk to them about the smoking habit i have!
Any ideas would be great!
Thanks
Todd

new2cats
11-12-2007, 06:31 PM
Get to the point!!!.....don't let the Doctors needle you...J/K
A friend of my Wife goes for severe allergies and cronic pain...she swears it works wonders....even if it is self-healing or psychosymatic (sp?) if it helps, it helps!!!
If insurance covers it go for it, cannot hurt!

Sleeper CP
11-12-2007, 06:35 PM
I can't speak about back pain, but my wife had a cough that would not go away (six weeks). She went to the doctor and they gave her some kind of pills that didn't do anything. Someone told her about acupuncture. After the first visit she didn't cough again for three weeks.
Depending on what you have it could be great for you.
Sleeper CP
Big Inch Ford Lover

Jbb
11-12-2007, 06:35 PM
I think I would see a spinal doctor first......see what the problem is.....and then seek treatment options..

Kazanski
11-12-2007, 06:36 PM
I know several people that have quit smoking with acupuncture, my grandmother being one of them. Sorry to hear about the back pain, but I know when it hurts so bad your willing to try just about anything.

Classic Daycruiser
11-12-2007, 06:50 PM
You need to first see your doctor. Your insurance may cover the acupuncture, but you must see your doctor first. Go through the whole process. If your over weight (can't see your dick when you pee:jawdrop: :idea: ), losing the excessive weight, and stretching could be all you need. :D :D :D

Pheelin Phroggy
11-12-2007, 07:00 PM
we both smoked for over 20 years... we both did acupunture the same day 6 years ago and have not touched a cig since then.. the key is you have to WANT to quick.. otherwise you will not work!

riverroyal
11-12-2007, 07:10 PM
known as a "flip n grip" or "rub n tug"..wait,that accupressure:D

TRG
11-12-2007, 08:27 PM
Thank you all for your replies! i wadded it up a couple of years ago on a dirtbike and have had this problem since and it starts just above my shoulder blade and wraps around strait up into my skull, the doctor was pretty poor, i had to point out that i had 3 broken ribs after the third set of x-rays (2 wks into this deal!), i now know that there is not much to be done to rib injuries, but, the shattered collar bone, and 3 broken ribs still to this day (and probably will always)cause pain, and our HMO insurance is just about worthless (Wont get into that rant!), so i seriously doubt they will handle any of the route of wellness i want to try.
I know the "smokers hack" does'nt help either, also, i am in no way overweight!...my dick is in plain view of me when i urinate! lol that was great BTW!
I will try acupuncture for sure, any advice as to where to go in the upland area or montclair?... i checked in on a couple places and still waiting on call backs!(typical huh?)
Thanks again!
Todd

Johnwithjm
11-12-2007, 08:34 PM
Todd I have had major back pain in the past and tried everything. The only thing that helped me was acupuncture

MACHINEHEAD
11-12-2007, 08:42 PM
Todd dont be such a puzzy. You will frucking suffer like the rest of us riders. Compressed, to the point of failure, 4 of my verts in 8Th grade and still dealing with the resulting neck trama, bitch. Didnt have no INS. so doc said lay on the flo for a week and dont move much dummy. I do recomend the skin pricking tho. My mom had gnarley head aches, back in the 80s and the sticking got rid of it completely, seriosly. Dont know if that dude is still in Rancho but I can find out. Call you. I do find this strange. You seemed perf. capable of handling your long island a couple weeks ago. Totally fluid.

checkr'd past
11-12-2007, 08:49 PM
I have used a accupuncturist in yorba linda by the name of An York Lee. He absolutly releived my back pain which was caused by a herneated disc. It was my last chance for pain relief before I went for my second surgery. Worked great for me and its been 2 1/2 years

Nucking futs
11-12-2007, 09:53 PM
I have been having severe back pains, and wondering about possibly going to see someone about acupuncture, and who knows, maybe even talk to them about the smoking habit i have!
Any ideas would be great!
Thanks
Todd
Get a desk job ! :D

socaldieselkrew
11-12-2007, 11:53 PM
I go to a place off of Archibald and Foothill, ive been going there for about three years, twice a year. I slipped a disc out of place in college and have been taking glucosamine pills for about 4 years with little sucess and lots of pain. Do it you will really be amazed and happy. The first session was interesting i felt great when i got out for about 3 months till i tried showing the neighbor kid to ollie. Let me drive by the place when i leave for my flight in the morning and i will grab the name and number. Goin to Telluride CO to do a drop off in the am so i should have it for you by 5 o clock or so