PDA

View Full Version : Shirkey

MizBubba
11-12-2007, 06:30 PM
Just got the news. Can anyone fill us in on what happened?
This is a huge loss for the boating community, and me, personally.
I can't stand it.
:( (crying)
Love you guys,
Amy

fat rat
11-12-2007, 06:40 PM
Does anyone have any details?:(

Lady Warhawk
11-12-2007, 06:50 PM
We just got the news ourself. Don't know much right now, but waiting to find out what happened to John. What a great, and horrible loss for his wife, and the boating family. All we know right now is John had gone hunting. Our thoughts, and prayers go out to his family. Please, if anyone gets any updates, let us know. This will sadden many folks.

promod
11-12-2007, 06:55 PM
won't exspecting this news, a huge loss for sure please feel us in on the details god bless you john will be missed, one heck a man brother
god speed 4750 wow!!!!!!!!!!
god bless
dupree family

Lady Warhawk
11-12-2007, 06:58 PM
One other thing. Is anyone planning on going to WVA?

Wet Dream
11-12-2007, 07:11 PM
An extremely sad loss to everyone that knew John Shirkey. Shirley, Adrian and Missy, I wish you the best through this horrible time. We will be there tomorrow to help in any way we can.

Murray PE 857
11-12-2007, 07:16 PM
Just left John's house. He had gone hunting early this morning and when Shirley had not heard from him at dark she called JR. JR went to look for John in the woods. He had Shirley w/ him. Apparently he fell from his tree stand early in the morning and was gone when they reached him. He was hunting on his own property.
This is such a terrible loss. John was one of the most helpful people I've ever met.
Please remember Shirley, Adrian and Missy in your prayers tonight.
Godspeed John.

fat rat
11-12-2007, 07:16 PM
One other thing. Is anyone planning on going to WVA?
We're planning on it.

Dana Mullins
11-12-2007, 08:01 PM
October 21,2007

DaveA
11-12-2007, 08:02 PM
This is so terrible.
I'm glad I got to talk with him a little on Sun morn at the Holiday Inn in Morganton (Lake James) before he headed home, since I was just getting there.
He's missed already.
DaveA
:(
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=42944&d=1194926375
Great photo, Dana.
Thanks...it's a keeper.

Dana Mullins
11-12-2007, 08:10 PM
October 21,2007

Dana Mullins
11-12-2007, 08:31 PM
October 7,2007

CVX20
11-12-2007, 08:59 PM
We had the pleasure of meeting John at a couple events this past summer, he was truly one of the nicest guys you'd ever meet. Shirley we are deeply saddened for your loss, our heartfelt sympathy goes out to you and your family.
Sincerely,
Fred and Scott from the SML gang

Murray PE 857
11-12-2007, 09:24 PM
Dana,
Those are great pics of John. I always relied on John to post any pictures for me. As long as he did them for me I never found any need in learning how. He was so happy on the water. After the hurt lessens and we begin to look back on the good times those pictures will be precious to his loved ones.

hulshot
11-12-2007, 10:29 PM
Never meat him, wish We could have. The boating community is tight. Sorry about your loss. prayers go out for the loved ones left behind. From the DELTA LUNCH BUNCH, Ca.:(

Mspriss1976
11-13-2007, 03:44 AM
I just want to say I really appreciate all the support and love from the BOTE Family in which John and Mom loved so much. I am still in complete shock, This is just unreal.I am one of the most fortunate people in the world to have had the opportunity to have had john in my life 20 years he is a wonderful husband, father, and grandfather. He has treated me as if I were his own and I will miss him very much. Thanks for all of your love and support for my sister and my mom and myself. We cannot express how much you all mean to us.

moparjet
11-13-2007, 04:54 AM
WOW.... that is really sad news... he was one the greatest men i have met in the time i have been boating... i always looked forward to seeing him at all the events... this is a big loss.. please let me know if there is anything i can do..
brent and jordan

nitro557
11-13-2007, 05:40 AM
wow ,this is a great loss,john will be missed by all,very sorry to hear of this loss :(

502 JET
11-13-2007, 06:29 AM
Sorry to hear this..:(
Although I never met John, I did have the pleasure to speak to him on the phone a few months ago.......God speed............Mike

Mrs.sleekcraft76
11-13-2007, 07:36 AM
Rest in peace Shirkey!! We love you and your family!!! Hope you had a safe trip home. You all are in our prayers!!
Love always.
Mike and Jamie

DelawareDave
11-13-2007, 09:12 AM
I met John and Shirley for the first time at Lake Anna. This is very sad news. R.I.P.

ME-678
11-13-2007, 09:34 AM
I met John probably twenty years ago, we've
been friends from the start. I could tell many
tales of John helping other people, he was a
friend to many. I'll miss John very much. My
prayers are with Shirley and the family.
Paul

orange peel
11-13-2007, 09:54 AM
Sorry to hear this bad news. John was a good man who would help you any way he could no matter what you needed, he will be missed by many.
My prayers go out to the family.:( :( :(

T/FSANGER
11-13-2007, 10:13 AM
well i can honestly say i have had john in my life for almost 30 years now my father and him were great friends and so were john and i i went to his camp with him and his nephew kevin for many years now i miss him greatly he was one of the best men i have ever had in my life my thoughts and prayers go out to his entire family and especially to shirley,adrian,missy and the grandkids john touched so many lives he will be truly missed by all and especially me thank you john for all of the great memories i have with you and for the entire shirkey family me and my family love you all
sincerely J.D. STOWERS

MOPARMARLIN
11-13-2007, 11:06 AM
God Speed Shirkey
All I Can Say Is John Was A Great Guy That Would Help Anybody With Anything -- He Will Defintely Be Missed As A Boating Guru And As Alot Of People's Good Friend -- Prayer Go Out To His Family
Steve K.

HammerDown
11-13-2007, 12:15 PM
What an absolute tragic loss...my heart is heavy.:(
John was one of the nicest, easiest people to talk with and be in company with and...ALWAYS a gentleman.
My most deepest sympathy goes out to his family and all his friends...he will be missed by a LOT of people.

KeithCrabill
11-13-2007, 03:33 PM
:( This is such terrible news. John was absolutely one of the nicest people I have ever met. I am lucky to have known him. My thoughts and prayers go out to Shirley, the family and all of John's close friends. He will be missed by all who knew him.
Keith Crabill

737jetmech
11-13-2007, 03:34 PM
I met John 6 years ago at the first Lake event ... This is tragic news and saddens me deeply. He will be remembered as a honest man with very high values. John was always there with a smile and warm greeting every time we saw him. God bless his family and I hope to see you in heaven someday my friend.
God Speed John

squirt'nmyload
11-13-2007, 03:43 PM
sorry to hear. our thoughts go out to the friends and family

MrsMarKist
11-13-2007, 04:58 PM
“We never lose the ones we love…..even though they’re gone, within the hearts of those who care, their memory lingers on.”
John Shirkey will truly be missed….He was a GREAT person…always giving a helping hand.
Shirley you and your family are in our thoughts and prayers.
Love,
The Markist Family
:( :(

jets4me
11-13-2007, 05:01 PM
ya when i got the phone call this morning it put a lump in my throat i was shocked john was the best he was the first to step up when you had a problem on the water. It will not be the same with out him he was always helping out in some way may god be with is family

sunkisst
11-13-2007, 05:20 PM
I met John in the parking lot at an Anna event ...Thats all I know of him...I do indeed remember his friendly and comfortable dimeanor...Im sure he was a great individual...Surely a great loss to his family...God Bless.

supersoaker509
11-13-2007, 06:00 PM
John will be missed, this is a great loss to all who knew him. Our prayers are with John, Shirley, Adrian and Missy, all the family and his many friends. God Bless. R.I.P. my friend.

wideopen545
11-13-2007, 06:50 PM
John and I met 8 years ago and he was one of the nicest people
I have ever known. He was the first to step up and help out.
The first one to call you when you were down - A true friend!
I didn't know what to say when this call came, other than,
I'm on my way up to help out anyway I can.
John, Shirley and their whole family are some of the nicest
people I have ever met. This will touch my life forever.
I am deeply sadden.
God speed my friend.
Tim

DansBlown73Nordic
11-14-2007, 02:06 AM
John and I met at the first BOTE. He was one of the nicest guys I ever met. Always willing to help out or give advise.He was truly a GREAT FRIEND.... When I got the call from FatRat it took a few minutes to sink in. He will be truly missed......:( :( :( :( Dan & Janet

Mrs.sleekcraft76
11-14-2007, 06:51 AM
Incase anyone needed this information.
John Allen Shirkey II
John Allen Shirkey II of Sissonville died Nov. 12, 2007. Service will be 2 p.m. Friday, Nov. 16, at Long & Fisher Funeral Home, Sissonville. Friends may call from 6 to 8 p.m. Thursday. Burial will be in Grandview Memorial Park, Dunbar.
Long and Fisher Funeral Home
6837 Sissonville Drive
Sissonville, WV 25320
Phone Number: (304) 984-3346

wideopen545
11-14-2007, 11:15 AM
hwew is a link to help with details http://www.wchstv.com/newsroom/eyewitness/0711/071113_452d9d61.shtml

miketsouth
11-14-2007, 04:47 PM
This was very bad news for me. Took a while to actually fully sink in. It did and i am deeply saddened, very upset.
He was a kind of hero to me. I was always excited to see him when i could. We have lost a great, great man.
Here is an old video from Raystown Lake that has some of Mr. Shirkey in it.
ShirkeyRun at Raystown (http://mikejet.home.comcast.net/~mikejet/Raystown.wmv)

ZFANTASYJETMAN
11-14-2007, 06:12 PM
:( :( :( This Is Such A Bad Moment In Time To Lose Such A Great Man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!he Was Such A Helpfull Man With Every Body,rest In Peace John ,in Hot Boat Heaven!!!!!!!!!!!!we All Love You!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2Sangers
11-14-2007, 06:21 PM
The Hot Boating community is indeed very tight. I first met John at the 2006 LJ event and when I saw him again this year it was like we were old buddies.
He will be missed by old friends and future Hot Boaters as well. We need to be thankful for people like him that contribute to our way of life. Godspeed.

Warp Speed
11-15-2007, 03:46 AM
My family and I were fortunate to have met him this year at Lake James.
GREAT guy that will be dearly missed by everybody that knew him!
Our thoughts and prayers go out to all during this tough time.
The Warp Speed Family
Jay, Shannon and Jesse

VD CRUISER
11-16-2007, 07:04 PM
Man, this is a tough pill to swallow. I met John at Lake Anna several years ago and have seen him there every year since. He was the kind of guy that you felt like you had known forever. I helped hook him up with his latest boat , and was amazed at how quickly he got it up and running. He definately will be missed.
God bless him and his family.

blown daytona
11-19-2007, 09:39 AM
I met John at the first few Anna events several years ago, Although I really didnt know him, the memories I have of him were how easy he was to talk to & how much of a nice person he was. This is sad:( :( :( RIP

likwidsukr
11-27-2007, 06:37 PM
I met John in the parking lot at an Anna event ...Thats all I know of him...I do indeed remember his friendly and comfortable dimeanor...Im sure he was a great individual...Surely a great loss to his family...God Bless.
Ditto. Man what a huge loss. Ya just never know when..:(