PDA

View Full Version : Why do DCB guys get a bad rap.....

new2cats
11-13-2007, 09:13 AM
..on here (or is it bad-rap??) ??? I am anxiously awaiting my new F29..worked really hard for it!!! Why does it seem that when DCB ownership is mentioned, the arrows start to fly. Is it the price of the boat, the bragging or just the owners acting pretentious.
Are they rude, drive unsafely or just above average wealth and that draws the envious haters.
Curious; Just asking!

Jordy
11-13-2007, 09:23 AM
Yes. :notam: :D :D :D

CornWater
11-13-2007, 09:35 AM
... or just above average wealth and that draws the envious haters.
In the words of the infamous JBB....
BANG!!!!!!

Kachina26
11-13-2007, 09:46 AM
..on here (or is it bad-rap??) ??? I am anxiuosly awaiting my new F29..worked really hard for it!!! Why does it seem that when DCB ownership is mentioned, the arrows start to fly. Is it the price of the boat, the bragging or just the owners acting pretentious.
Are they rude, drive unsafely or just above average wealth and that draws the envious haters.
Curious; Just asking!
How about haughty attitudes?
Ok, no disrespect intended BUT-
What makes the demographic buyer of Kachina so graphic-retarded???

Havasu Hangin'
11-13-2007, 09:57 AM
Two words:
"Chopper Gun"
:jawdrop:

BoatFloating
11-13-2007, 11:19 AM
Paging Charley....... I love DCB owners..... It's so easy to push their buttons..... I think one of the options is a chip on the shoulder...:D
BLACKSOCKS1 over.....:) http://***boat.com/forums/image.php?u=12659&dateline=1194810417

new2cats
11-13-2007, 11:32 AM
Paging Charley....... I love DCB owners..... It's so easy to push their buttons..... I think one of the options is a chip on the shoulder...:D
BLACKSOCKS1 over.....:) http://***boat.com/forums/image.php?u=12659&dateline=1194810417
Yes, actually..this year the ole "chip-on-the-shoulder" option is available vac. bagged, Penskie composite, Kevlar and with a custom billet bezel...all for the price of just $15,885! -doh-:rolleyes:

mbrown2
11-13-2007, 11:40 AM
I am less interested in the feelings towards DCB owners as for the most part they are good folks. I am more interested in Dave's list of Idiot owners...this would be the list of owners that after getting one of his boats probably set him back YEARS from a marketing stand point...:idea:

BoatFloating
11-13-2007, 11:47 AM
Yes, actually..this year the ole "chip-on-the-shoulder" option is available vac. bagged, Penskie composite, Kevlar and with a custom billet bezel...all for the price of just $15,885! -doh-:rolleyes:
Sounds like a deal.....:) with all that tech stuff how can you go wrong....
I am less interested in the feelings towards DCB owners as for the most part they are good folks. I am more interested in Dave's list of Idiot owners...this would be the list of owners that after getting one of his boats probably set him back YEARS from a marketing stand point...:idea:
I do like Mbrown better now that he sold his attitude....... I mean his DCB :jawdrop: :)

new2cats
11-13-2007, 11:49 AM
Huh? Go on, very interesting and cerebral observation......is this directed at my post or just a generalization...curious?

BoatFloating
11-13-2007, 11:57 AM
Huh? Go on, very interesting and cerebral observation......is this directed at my post or just a generalization...curious?
Knowing Mike he's calling you out.......:idea: Na Mike's not like that
Just messing with ya. But now you see the point of the chip you automatically thought he was directing it towards you but it wasn't. I'd pick on other boat owners but they don't get nearly as fired up. If you go back and search the C&T threads you'll all see we are all friends but talk a bunch of crap. ;)

riverbound
11-13-2007, 11:59 AM
Its because DCB owners are better than everyone else and we hate them for that :rolleyes:
;) :D

Havasu Hangin'
11-13-2007, 12:05 PM
If you go back and search the C&T threads you'll all see we are all friends but talk a bunch of crap. ;)
With friends like you, who needs enemas?
:notam:

BoatFloating
11-13-2007, 12:07 PM
With friends like you, who needs enemas?
I knew it would only be a matter of time before we heard from the head DCB cheerleader.

Havasu Hangin'
11-13-2007, 12:18 PM
I knew it would only be a matter of time before we heard from the head DCB cheerleader.
I'm sure his "sixth sense" is probably telling him right now that he is needed here to defend DCB...
http://unix.rulez.org/~calver/pictures/6thsensestupidpeople.jpg

mbrown2
11-13-2007, 12:29 PM
Just an observation over the years and having two DCB's and seeing owners come and go....however; if you want to try on shoes...you never know what might fit.:)

Magic34
11-13-2007, 01:23 PM
You should let another DCB owner borrow your props if they want to test it out. I know you were asking what props to go with, so just borrow some from another DCB owner. :devil:

new2cats
11-13-2007, 01:27 PM
Knowing Mike he's calling you out.......:idea: Na Mike's not like that
Just messing with ya. But now you see the point of the chip you automatically thought he was directing it towards you but it wasn't. I'd pick on other boat owners but they don't get nearly as fired up. If you go back and search the C&T threads you'll all see we are all friends but talk a bunch of crap. ;)
I am just new..I will learn the ropes.....hypersensitive to the scene but that will change with time.
Thanks.

new2cats
11-13-2007, 01:29 PM
You should let another DCB owner borrow your props if they want to test it out. I know you were asking what props to go with, so just borrow some from another DCB owner. :devil:
I smell an inside joke here someplace......

djunkie
11-13-2007, 01:30 PM
Yes. :notam: :D :D :D
D. All of the above. :D :D

RiverDave
11-13-2007, 01:47 PM
..on here (or is it bad-rap??) ??? I am anxiuosly awaiting my new F29..worked really hard for it!!! Why does it seem that when DCB ownership is mentioned, the arrows start to fly. Is it the price of the boat, the bragging or just the owners acting pretentious.
Curious; Just asking!
Just out of curiosity did you pay extra for the evasive manuevering class that's offered with the sale of their cats 26' and above? Or was that thrown in for free?
I'm particularly interested in the "spin" maneuver, but unfortunately being a non DCB owner I'd have to pay like 1500.00 for the training and that's a little steep for something I'll hardly ever use. When you get to that point, can you maybe take a video camera, or take notes or something for me?
RD

new2cats
11-13-2007, 02:00 PM
Just out of curiosity did you pay extra for the evasive manuevering class that's offered with the sale of their cats 26' and above? Or was that thrown in for free?
I'm particularly interested in the "spin" maneuver, but unfortunately being a non DCB owner I'd have to pay like 1500.00 for the training and that's a little steep for something I'll hardly ever use. When you get to that point, can you maybe take a video camera, or take notes or something for me?
RD
Who spun in the reeds, how and when....good stuff....if the boat stayed together, nobody was hurt and there was no insurance claim I'll assume it passed the "spin test"!!!;)

ClownRoyal
11-13-2007, 02:55 PM
I have no input on this topic cause I can't type due to Laughing My F'n Ass Off ...
RD

RiverDave
11-13-2007, 03:48 PM
Who spun in the reeds, how and when....good stuff....if the boat stayed together, nobody was hurt and there was no insurance claim I'll assume it passed the "spin test"!!!;)
I was just giving ya shit.. ;) Hoping maybe you were new enough to the game to actually call Dave and inquire about a driving class. ;) :D
DCB's are some of the nicest boats around. You'll enjoy it for sure!
RD

new2cats
11-13-2007, 04:20 PM
I was just giving ya shit.. ;) Hoping maybe you were new enough to the game to actually call Dave and inquire about a driving class. ;) :D
DCB's are some of the nicest boats around. You'll enjoy it for sure!
RD
Been lurking for a while now....thanks for the laughs!

Reaper1
11-13-2007, 04:35 PM
When you roll around sporting "World's Best" on your boat, there's bound to be people on your jock.:rolleyes:

Havasu Hangin'
11-13-2007, 04:42 PM
Just what is a "bad wrap" anyway?
:idea:

new2cats
11-13-2007, 04:49 PM
Just what is a "bad wrap" anyway?
You know, day old chicken & yellowing Mayo in a stale Spinach tortilla!
(I did try to correct it in the text!?)

Havasu Hangin'
11-13-2007, 04:52 PM
(I did try to correct it in the text!?)
Where is a moderator when you need one?

new2cats
11-13-2007, 04:53 PM
Where is a moderator when you need one?
What would a moderator do here???? A legit question.....thanks.

new2cats
11-13-2007, 04:54 PM
Looks like it got changed..thanks for making me look smarter than I am!!!!:(

Havasu Hangin'
11-13-2007, 05:32 PM
Looks like it got changed..thanks for making me look smarter than I am!!!!:(
No problem.
Don't sell yourself short! I don't think it's possible for you to be as dumb as you look.
:D

Charley
11-13-2007, 06:44 PM
Hi:D

Havasu Hangin'
11-13-2007, 06:57 PM
Hi:D
Oh my, look what the cat dragged in...
(pardon the expression)

Charley
11-13-2007, 06:59 PM
Oh my, look what the cat dragged in...
(pardon the expression)
Miss ya buddy
http://thumbs.photo.net/photo/3722023-sm.jpg

BadKachina
11-13-2007, 07:04 PM
After all the crap I've taken ove the years owning a Kachina..........This DCB crap is piece of cake.;)

MRS FLYIN VEE
11-13-2007, 07:29 PM
..on here (or is it bad-rap??) ??? I am anxiously awaiting my new F29..worked really hard for it!!! Why does it seem that when DCB ownership is mentioned, the arrows start to fly. Is it the price of the boat, the bragging or just the owners acting pretentious.
Curious; Just asking!
well i think maybe I can help you out here.
1) most DCB owners have a bigger chip on their shoulder then the boat they drive.
2) most can not seem to get the parade wave down correctly so they don't wave at all.
3) all of them like the color orange.
4) all have kool aid parties and if your not in the click your not invited.
5) everyone hates a hater.
6) the bigger the boat the bigger the dick.:D
7) If a DCB owner has to ask why they are hated, he must be in the right click.:)
I hope I helped in this matter and gave you a little light to see through the tunnel you are headin in.
Have a great night.:D

Havasu Hangin'
11-13-2007, 08:02 PM
Miss ya buddy
When's the next "Meadowlark Open"?

riverroyal
11-13-2007, 09:09 PM
1) most DCB owners have a bigger chip on their shoulder then the boat they drive.
2) most can not seem to get the parade wave down correctly so they don't wave at all.
7) If a DCB owner has to ask why they are hated, he must be in the right click.:)
I hope I helped in this matter and gave you a little light to see through the tunnel you are headin in.
post,cant wait til 21000:D

MRS FLYIN VEE
11-13-2007, 09:22 PM
post,cant wait til 21000:D
:D :D

Kilrtoy
11-13-2007, 11:18 PM
Curious; Just asking!
PURE , UNADULTERATED JEALOUSY
and nothing more

Charley
11-14-2007, 02:04 AM
When's the next "Meadowlark Open"?
Wanna do the Sara's Tourney?

djunkie
11-14-2007, 03:04 AM
PURE , UNADULTERATED JEALOUSY
and nothing more
bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!:D :D :D :D :D

Havasu Hangin'
11-14-2007, 07:52 AM
PURE , UNADULTERATED JEALOUSY and nothing more
Jealousy? I wouldn't quite call it "jealousy"...
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/big_pimpin.jpg
Wanna do the Sara's Tourney?
I'm outta town that day...maybe we pick a day in December or January? I believe someone has a birthday coming up in January...hmmmmm.

Dave C
11-14-2007, 08:52 AM
...but was the chip on the shoulder before or after the purchase?? :idea: ;)
I agree with BF, most of this is good nature fun with an occasional implosion. Just like the debate about Ford vs. Chevy.... nothing more than a friendly rivalry.
besides I'd rather hang with my DCLB brothers than a sailboating crowd ;)

Magic34
11-14-2007, 09:03 AM
He is right... Fockin sailboaters :mad: :devil:

andy01
11-14-2007, 09:03 AM
DCB owners.............. if you say the word DCB they come running.... "somebody talking about the boat I own"......... If somebody points out that the worlds best might not always be the worlds best the haters form and rally while the owners get ready for a all out war........
Not that DCB's are the best boat in the world but when you are on the top, owner, boat builder, whatever/where ever you are in life, if on the top there is only one way to go.......... down so somebody is always trying to knock you off. DCB owners (many not all) have caused this "I'm better then I was before I bought a boat from guy named Hollywood wearing black socks and a mullett" Or if bought from the #1 salesperson at DCB "I'm better then I was before I bought a boat from a guy that doesn't wear black socks but doesn't need a ladder to step into a 32' on the trailer"
On another note to cheerleader #1 & #2 I would like to do a afternoon on the green the week after Thanksgiving if it is at all possible. Get that gay guy in the yellow fiero to come down and play again.......... :D
ANdy

andy01
11-14-2007, 09:05 AM
Jealousy? I wouldn't quite call it "jealousy"...
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/big_pimpin.jpg
Are you still driving that back and forth from the 909 to the OC everyday selling oranges?
Andy

BoatFloating
11-14-2007, 09:34 AM
...but was the chip on the shoulder before or after the purchase?? :idea: ;)
I agree with BF, most of this is good nature fun with an occasional implosion. Just like the debate about Ford vs. Chevy.... nothing more than a friendly rivalry.
How about a Blinged out sailboat?????With chrome muffler bearings owned by a Oompa Loompa???
http://www.stoweboyd.com/photos/uncategorized/oompa_loompa.jpg

Havasu Hangin'
11-14-2007, 09:47 AM
Are you still driving that back and forth from the 909 to the OC everyday selling oranges?
No, that's a DCB Daily driver- All "bling" and no "sting"...lol.

andy01
11-14-2007, 09:54 AM
No, that's a DCB Daily driver- All "bling" and no "sting"...lol.
no "sting" ? Is that like 1,250 total hp in a 32' cat or 625 in a 29' cat? :eek:

Havasu Hangin'
11-14-2007, 09:57 AM
no "sting" ? Is that like 1,250 total hp in a 32' cat or 625 in a 29' cat? :eek:
Wait, I take that back.
It does sting a little when they catch on fire...lol.

andy01
11-14-2007, 10:15 AM
Wait, I take that back.
It does sting a little when they catch on fire...lol.
LOL, that almost made me spit my water on the screen............... "sniff, sniff, what's that smell"? " I don't know, smells like arm hair" :) :eek:
Andy

Havasu Hangin'
11-14-2007, 10:28 AM
LOL, that almost made me spit my water on the screen............... "sniff, sniff, what's that smell"? " I don't know, smells like arm hair" :) :eek:
Thank you. I'll be here all week...please tip your waitresses.
Are you up for Meadowlark again?

andy01
11-14-2007, 10:45 AM
Thank you. I'll be here all week...please tip your waitresses.
Are you up for Meadowlark again?
Oh yeah, I know I said "greens" in my other post but I meant "dirts".
Yeah, I liked that course. I'd be down for another round. I have to tell you the Happy Gilmor swing is gone, I have since bought golf shoes and now can't swing as well as the charging swing...... :)

Havasu Hangin'
11-14-2007, 10:58 AM
Oh yeah, I know I said "greens" in my other post but I meant "dirts".
Yeah, I liked that course. I'd be down for another round. I have to tell you the Happy Gilmor swing is gone, I have since bought golf shoes and now can't swing as well as the charging swing...... :)
I am available the 11/27, but after that, it'll be the week of 12/17.
Charlie?

andy01
11-14-2007, 11:17 AM
Charlie?
That should work for me. I will see about Herman.............

BoatFloating
11-14-2007, 11:30 AM
That should work for me. I will see about Herman.............
Who's Herman???? :mad:
Let me know when you guys play????

andy01
11-14-2007, 12:02 PM
Charlie?
Who's Herman???? :mad:
Let me know when you guys play????
Looks like we are trying for 11-27, or do you just read between the lines.......
Herman is a old guy that works up in the valley all the time now. He once posted here under a user name "always gay" but now has moved on to much better things............. like basket weaving at 6,000 ft agl.
I hope you can make it Rock.......... :)
Andy

BoatFloating
11-14-2007, 12:40 PM
Looks like we are trying for 11-27, or do you just read between the lines.......
Herman is a old guy that works up in the valley all the time now. He once posted here under a user name "always gay" but now has moved on to much better things............. like basket weaving at 6,000 ft agl.
Andy
Need like a 10am tee time ok with you gals????

andy01
11-14-2007, 01:29 PM
Need like a 10am tee time ok with you gals????
No problem with me, I don't care what time we do it.
Andy

Three Days Only
11-14-2007, 01:39 PM
Andy
Whatever Focker!!! Im just working and making money so I can eventually stop working and then F off everyday. If you did it on a differnt day like a weekend I would be in.

Dave C
11-14-2007, 04:30 PM
those aren't sailboats... they are speedbumps:D ;)
He is right... Fockin sailboaters :mad: :devil:

Havasu Hangin'
11-14-2007, 05:51 PM
Whatever Focker!!! Im just working and making money so I can eventually stop working and then F off everyday. If you did it on a differnt day like a weekend I would be in.
Don't you earn your money the old-fashioned way?
You inherit it.
How about 12/1?

BoatFloating
11-14-2007, 11:39 PM
Hey, how was Florida? How was your birthday? How's your cell phone working? How about returning calls and text messages to April or I????? So I take it we aren't going to Florida for OSS????
:mad:

Magic34
11-15-2007, 01:43 AM
Hey, how was Florida? How was your birthday? How's your cell phone working? How about returning calls and text messages to April or I????? So I take it we aren't going to Florida for OSS????
Hint????? :D :D

CornWater
11-15-2007, 09:39 AM
http://www.picpop.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10002/chill.jpg

MRS FLYIN VEE
12-10-2007, 12:33 PM
Just for HH.. :D