PDA

View Full Version : My Nozzle doesnt seal????

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
11-25-2002, 06:41 PM
I noticed that when I put my diverter on my boat my nozzle has blow by :mad: . It is a jaccuzzi pump. Do any of you jaccuzzi owners experience this? What did you do to fix it? I saw something on placediverter.com about a water tight nozzle.I know this is slowing me down :mad: . What do you guys think? :confused: :confused:

beached1
11-26-2002, 04:24 AM
Are you talking about losing pressure through the Place Diverter adapter or from the nozzle itself? If you bored out your bowl to match the adapter, you should have left enough to still use the stock rubber O ring. That's how I did it anyway and I'm not getting any blow by there. If you talking about the nozzle, check the plastic o ring on it and check its clearence.
If you are running the Place Diverter without cutting off the stock nozzle from the bowl and boring it to match the adapter, you are losing speed from that also.

jacuzer
11-26-2002, 11:00 AM
How old is your diverter?
Some older models didn't have a grove cut for the o-ring on the up/down portion so the o-ring won't stay put and will blow out.
Remove the up/down hinge pins and inspect.
Kevin

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
11-26-2002, 05:25 PM
I have no spot for an "O-ring". I looked ay my berkley and it has an "O-ring". Do I need a new housing?

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
11-26-2002, 05:28 PM
Come to think about it, my left/right movement is before the up/down(comming from the bowl). It is leaking where the left/right movement is.

malcolm
11-27-2002, 08:41 AM
I have a WJ with an old Place div. There is no seal for the steering section. It uses the same stuff the original reverse bucket used. I would think they will all leak there until you upgrade to the newer sealed Place. That's what one of the Places told me. Mine likes to pull hard right when I mash the throttle to take off. I talked to them about it and they said it was just the old diverter, and I needed to upgrade (big surprise).