PDA

View Full Version : wakeupfromyourslumber.com????

Kachina26
11-13-2007, 06:15 PM
I wanted to put this in PR, but it would probably get yanked. Anyway, I clicked the following link in someone's sig line.... http://www.wakeupfromyourslumber.com/node/4255#comment-19180
and found this obviously doctored pic within the article....
http://thx1138.wordpress.com/files/2007/10/haifa_refinery.jpg
How could anyone be stupid enough to believe the info posted on a site with photos that a 5 year old could tell were bs? Might as well get your news from the National Enquirer :rolleyes:

Kachina26
11-21-2007, 08:12 PM
Just me, huh?

Havasu1986
11-21-2007, 08:14 PM
Just me, huh?
After 0 replies and 113 views. I'm thinking just you. :D

Kachina26
11-21-2007, 08:19 PM
After 0 replies and 113 views. I'm thinking just you. :D
Ya, kinda what I thought. Maybe that's why the Enquirer is still in business. Americans are as stupid as the world thinks. :(

ChumpChange
11-22-2007, 12:15 PM
Americans are as stupid as the world thinks. :(
You have been reading this forum, right? :D

charlyox
11-22-2007, 12:21 PM
And where do the "weapons of mass destruction" fall in?

CARLSON-JET
11-23-2007, 08:11 AM
I wanted to put this in PR, but it would probably get yanked.
How could anyone be stupid enough to believe the info posted on a site with photos that a 5 year old could tell were bs? Might as well get your news from the National Enquirer :rolleyes:
Quick question Kachina26. Do you believe the Central Banks of the World have your/my best interests at heart?

Kachina26
11-23-2007, 08:30 AM
Quick question Kachina26. Do you believe the Central Banks of the World have your/my best interests at heart?
I'm not sure what that has to do with my original question, but off the cuff I would say no. See Blown, that's how you answer a direct question even if it has nothing to do with the original post!

CARLSON-JET
11-23-2007, 10:12 AM
K26 asked: How could anyone be stupid enough to believe the info posted on a site with photos that a 5 year old could tell were bs?
Time magazine had 2 different covers for the same issue depending on the specific results of a certain trial. I don't think I have to believe everything I read or see.
For me, I would rather read something and decide it is crap then to not have any option of information sources to begin with. In almost any "news article" there is at least one idea that could be key to furthering ones quest for knowledge on the situation.
I was just trying to point out an opinion that all of the information on that site might not be as rediculous as the images you posted. I do agree that those images pose a poor representation of facts if any. I honestly can't remember any news source that has been 100% correct in all instances. I really think most news sources are bombarding us with opinions mixed in with facts that result in poor reporting.
I notice myself every so often reading a damn blog and forgetting it is just an opinion dressed up to almost look like reporting of news, via a well placed link. Unfortunatly we are stuck in the position as fact checkers in almost all forms of modern news media. More so for some then others.