PDA

View Full Version : OK...you buy a new truck and all the ford owners...

ahhell
11-14-2007, 07:10 PM
get all panty bunched.....
I buy a new to me 2006 Duramax and I go in to the E.R. and start talking to some of the nurses (male and female ) and all I get is "oh how cute , you bought a chevy" or " I can drag your ass down the road if we were tied end to end" Are all Ford owners so insucure that the first things out of your mouths is anti-Chevy????
What ever happened to ...Dude, Nice truck or nice truck....
are all you Ford owners that worried about the Duramax that all you can do is down-talk it???
:eek: :D :eek: :D :rolleyes: :D :eek: :devil:
this post has been alcohol approved...and Hell Yes, My Chevy Rocks:D

hoolign
11-14-2007, 07:16 PM
I buy a new to me 2006 Duramax and I go in to the E.R. and start talking to some of the nurses (male and female ) and all I get is "oh how cute , you bought a chevy" or " I can drag your ass down the road if we were tied end to end" Are all Ford owners so insucure that the first things out of your mouths is anti-Chevy????
are all you Ford owners that worried about the Duramax that all you can do is down-talk it???
New?? its 2 years old!! Are you looking to get your ass dragged 2 miles down the road in that POS?? :D

Tremor Therapy
11-14-2007, 07:18 PM
Take a deep breathe and let it go.....if you come on ***boat saying you boat a new Ford, the Chevy lovers come out in spades ragging you about your Ford.
And I am neutral, I've owned both and had problems with both.

ahhell
11-14-2007, 07:24 PM
New?? its 2 years old!! Are you looking to get your ass dragged 2 miles down the road in that POS?? :D
your lucky im not near Canyada or Id KICK SOME ASS....:D

hoolign
11-14-2007, 07:25 PM
Especially once you found out you could buy it for 96 cents on the dolla!:D

The Doctor
11-14-2007, 07:25 PM
I'll say it right out loud:
"Dude, you bought the best truck money can buy!"
Of course, we have two Duramax crew cab duallys so I may be a little partial but I will say this:
We had a brand new crew cab Ford we dumped for our first Duramax and it was the best trade I ever made of a vehicle in my many many years of doing this vehicle thing. I know of many Ford owners who feel the same way about their rides and I support their opinion since it all boils down to opinions. Sure some stastics will PROVE one better than another in one or more areas but let's face the music. Stastics will always prove what what the paying corporation's money tells them to prove.
I've even heard some guys like the Mopar trucks? Go figure?
Oh, the rivalry will end when they all stop producing them but not until then.

Ziggy
11-14-2007, 07:27 PM
Dream on.......PSD's kicks ass..:D

ahhell
11-14-2007, 07:34 PM
Especially once you found out you could buy it for 96 cents on the dolla!:D
tHATS THE SWWEEET part ...I bought it in Needles...Beautiful, Downtown Needles
Less than I thought I could get one for...LOADED no option excluded 20 bucks...CANADIAN:D

BadKachina
11-14-2007, 07:37 PM
tHATS THE SWWEEET part ...I bought it in Needles...Beautiful, Downtown Needles
Less than I thought I could get one for...LOADED no option excluded 20 bucks...CANADIAN:D
Nice rig, too bad its a pos chevy............................:jawdrop:
J/K. All you need is some 24's and you'll be blingin.;)

ahhell
11-14-2007, 07:39 PM
Nice rig, too bad its a pos chevy............................:jawdrop:
J/K. All you need is some 24's and you'll be blingin.;)
ouch..I'll stick with the 18's...when I get 'em;)

BadKachina
11-14-2007, 07:42 PM
ouch..I'll stick with the 18's...when I get 'em;)
My bus. partner just bought one and put some 18's with 31.5's and the leveling kit. It turned out really nice. His truck is actually surprisingly fast, I think it's faster than mine before the chip. :idea: Nice and quiet too.;)

ahhell
11-14-2007, 07:47 PM
this has a 3" lift with 33's, its fast ,quiet and tows the 21' without a sweat...which means Momma can look at the 26'ers....alterier motives is where its at

ahhell
11-14-2007, 07:48 PM
this has a 3" lift with 33's, its fast ,quiet and tows the 21' without a sweat...which means Momma can look at the 26'ers....alterier motives is where its at:eek:

BadKachina
11-14-2007, 07:50 PM
this has a 3" lift with 33's, its fast ,quiet and tows the 21' without a sweat...which means Momma can look at the 26'ers....alterier motives is where its at:eek:
You can say that again.:)

hoolign
11-14-2007, 07:53 PM
I'll say it right out loud:
"Dude, you bought the best truck money can buy!"
Of course, we have two Duramax crew cab duallys so I may be a little partial but I will say this:
We had a brand new crew cab Ford we dumped for our first Duramax and it was the best trade I ever made of a vehicle in my many many years of doing this vehicle thing. I know of many Ford owners who feel the same way about their rides and I support their opinion since it all boils down to opinions. Sure some stastics will PROVE one better than another in one or more areas but let's face the music. Stastics will always prove what what the paying corporation's money tells them to prove.
I've even heard some guys like the Mopar trucks? Go figure?
Oh, the rivalry will end when they all stop producing them but not until then.
I hate to be the one to break it to ya DOC..but I done away with the Dmax's and went tp the Cumins side LOL.. 6 chevs is all it took me to get some common sence in trucks :D

cc322
11-14-2007, 07:53 PM
Me being a die hard Ford truck fan let me congratulate you on the Chevy....btw since it is a Chevy you gonna lower it holmes? :idea:
J/K :D congrats I am sure you will be happy.

AZJD
11-14-2007, 08:15 PM
Nice Truck! Good Buy.........

BigBoyBlue
11-14-2007, 08:44 PM
Cummins I-6, mounted to an Allison trans, shoved in a super duty. that would be heaven.
Dodge is lucky to have the Cummins, the easiest and most torque capable motor, not to say the dmas isnt good, but i know a few diesel techs, they love chevy over anything, but still agree that the I-6 is capable of putting out more torque than the others in class.
Chevy is lucky to have the Allison, which we all can agree is the strongest transmission in this class.
Lets face it, the size of a Ford cab is prime compared to Dodge's mega cab and Chevy's crew cab. None of them are wider than the Super Duty. Not to mentions solid front axles are bitchen too.
had to edit, i myself prefer the silverado over all regardless.

hoolign
11-14-2007, 08:47 PM
Cummins I-6, mounted to an Allison trans, shoved in a super duty. that would be heaven.
Dodge is lucky to have the Cummins, the easiest and most torque capable motor, not to say the dmas isnt good, but i know a few diesel techs, they love chevy over anything, but still agree that the I-6 is capable of putting out more torque than the others in class.
Chevy is lucky to have the Allison, which we all can agree is the strongest transmission in this class.
Lets face it, the size of a Ford cab is prime compared to Dodge's mega cab and Chevy's crew cab. None of them are wider than the Super Duty. Not to mentions solid front axles are bitchen too.
had to edit, i myself prefer the silverado over all regardless.
Have you even seen a mega cab?? and what is under the front of a dodge??? My god man..exhale! :D

Jordy
11-14-2007, 08:48 PM
Lucky??? I suppose Allison (until recently) being owned by GM might have played into that luck huh??? :idea: :notam:

Jordy
11-14-2007, 08:49 PM
When I bought my Ford truck, most people just said "Nice truck." :D
Sympathy. Kind of like "Hey, nice cast" or "Hey, that's a great looking scar." ;)

RiverRatMike
11-14-2007, 08:56 PM
Na I ain't worried about no little Izusu engine

HighRoller
11-14-2007, 09:12 PM
Dude, don't get mad...GET EVEN! I'm assuming your rig has an LBZ powertrain so tell all the Ford lovers to put up or shutup. Tell them you'll find a shop with a chassis dyno and they can all bring their trucks and a hundred dollar bill.
Money talks, bullshyt walks. That's why Ford owners have holes in their shoes. Except the owners of the new F(ugly)Super Duty...They have a hole in their wallet from excessive fuel consumption.

hoolign
11-14-2007, 09:13 PM
When I bought my First wheel , most people just said "Nice wooden wheel with the carved out spokes.....what will you call it "sits where donkey shitz???" :D
feelin old yet?? :D

The Doctor
11-14-2007, 09:39 PM
I hate to be the one to break it to ya DOC..but I done away with the Dmax's and went tp the Cumins side LOL.. 6 chevs is all it took me to get some common sence in trucks :D
It's OK to break it TO me. I've had my fair share of Mopars and I'll respectfully pass on another. Engine & transmission are superior in the GM trucks (in my opinion) common SENSE tells me that. I do have a Cummins engine in one truck however but it's a real Cummins with no Mopar parts to deal with.
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=38287&d=1188543524

EAZYKILLER2006
11-14-2007, 09:49 PM
Sympathy. Kind of like "Hey, nice cast" or "Hey, that's a great looking scar." ;)
lol http://www.glamisdunes.com/invision/style_emoticons/default/laugh1.gif
can i just post this pic;) ...too late
http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q71/eazykiller2006/trucklifted003-1.jpg