PDA

View Full Version : financing Used Rhinos??

riverbound
11-14-2007, 10:23 PM
Is it possible? with all the deals out there it seems as though Used is a better way to go.

COLE050
11-14-2007, 10:27 PM
Yeah Get A Personal Loan.

The Doctor
11-14-2007, 10:30 PM
As a seasoned old geezer I'll offer some fatherly advice:
"If you can't pay for it, you aren't ready for it."
Interest is easy to explain:
"Thems that understand it gets it, thems that don't pays it."

HighRoller
11-14-2007, 10:42 PM
Interest is easy to explain:
"Thems that understand it gets it, thems that don't pays it."
Damn straight. Although the way I heard it was:
"If you can't pay cash you can't afford it." Show me someone who says they are using debt as a "tool" and I'll show you an ignoramus with no financial discipline.

Jordy
11-14-2007, 10:44 PM
Show me someone who says they are using debt as a "tool" and I'll show you an ignoramus with no financial discipline.
On this level, yes, I'll agree with that blanket statement. However, if you'd care to jump into the commercial, and even some cases, larger number residential/private sector, realm, not so much.

riverbound
11-14-2007, 10:47 PM
thanks for the advice I wasnt asking for. I would much rather leave my money where its at now and not touch it.

riverbound
11-14-2007, 10:49 PM
Yeah Get A Personal Loan.
Interest rates are too high that route, I alread looked into that. can get 0% from the dealer and then pay it off when that term is up. just looking to see what the options are.

Jordy
11-14-2007, 10:51 PM
Credit union would be the best bet as they seem to be far more forgiving than a bank, however, 0% factory financing it hard to beat, until you throw that first $20K at your baller rhino. :D :D :D

riverbound
11-14-2007, 10:55 PM
Credit union would be the best bet as they seem to be far more forgiving than a bank, however, 0% factory financing it hard to beat, until you throw that first $20K at your baller rhino. :D :D :D
already called the credit union too....they said they didnt really do them. and had to figure it out. basically according to them a brand new rhino books out at 6k. with used being less. and they only finance 80% of the low side for a used rhino. basically if I can find a nice used rhino for 4k Im golden.....LOL.
the benefit of buying from the dealer..... I can pick it up completely ballerized and drive it home (well at least to anywhere in Havasu)
Maybe I will just wait a cople months and go buy a dual sport car:idea:

BADBLOWN572
11-14-2007, 10:58 PM
Maybe I will just wait a cople months and go buy a dual sport car:idea:
Thats the spirit. :) Now, just make sure that it has at least an LS2, preferably a turbo, Sequential tranny, 934's, HID's, and at least 22" of travel. :D :D :D

riverbound
11-14-2007, 11:01 PM
Thats the spirit. :) Now, just make sure that it has at least an LS2, preferably a turbo, Sequential tranny, 934's, HID's, and at least 22" of travel. :D :D :D
That will be the DCM sandcar (arent all boat builders doing them now?)
Im going stock beam, Stock VW motor/trans, flashlights duct taped to the roof. and milk crates for seats.

HighRoller
11-14-2007, 11:03 PM
On this level, yes, I'll agree with that blanket statement. However, if you'd care to jump into the commercial, and even some cases, larger number residential/private sector, realm, not so much.
I still disagree. Look at the companies who espouse operating debt free...Wal-Mart, Costco etc...opposed to companies leveraged to their eyeballs like the airlines. Wal-Mart marches to their own drum because they finance everything out of pocket. Delta and United goose step to the sound of a monthly loan payment and have a phalanx of bankruptcy attorneys on speed dial for the months that sales go down or fuel prices go up.
Wall street says the "smart corporations" leverage their money and do not put too much into reatined earnings. Coincidentally, Wall Street is also is populated by the board members of many banks who loan money. Coincidence? I think not....
Finally, look at the FICO score, which many people consider the litmus test of financial well being. To have a great Fico score you have to get in debt, stay in debt and continue developing new debt forever. Sadly, someone with an 850 FICO, who the banks and lenders consider GOD, could be broke!! A FICO score is not an indicator of wealth, only a sign that you're good at making payments.

Jordy
11-14-2007, 11:12 PM
That will be the DCM sandcar (arent all boat builders doing them now?)
Im going stock beam, Stock VW motor/trans, flashlights duct taped to the roof. and milk crates for seats.
SWEET!!! I want number 2 car. Beam, 1200cc with the single carb and stinger exhaust. I'm going to stay away from the milk crates as I think HTM has the patent on those for seats. :idea:
I still disagree. Look at the companies who espouse operating debt free...Wal-Mart, Costco etc...opposed to companies leveraged to their eyeballs like the airlines.
Debt free??? I can guarantee if you were to look at the overall annual P&L sheets of any of those companies, they're showing more debt and writing it off than what you can imagine. For companies of that size to claim no debt is one thing, for them, or a parent holding company, to be debt free is a whole new ball game. I'm positive that if one faction is debt free, there are plenty of other areas that are pulling up the tax incentives for being in some type of debt. For your equation, and to start with something you're familiar with, I'd start with the leasing company that "owns" the Wal-mart OTR trucks. :idea:

uLtRADeNniS
11-15-2007, 12:33 AM
Is it possible? with all the deals out there it seems as though Used is a better way to go.
Have you tried Key bank or any of the boat loan guys? Who finances Sand Cars? Wouldn't the same guys offer Rhino or Quad financing?

djunkie
11-15-2007, 02:22 AM
Your the poorest rich guy I know RB. Hell I'll loan you the money for 10% interest. :idea: :D :D

NashvilleBound
11-15-2007, 04:30 AM
OHHH Doctor! You got that one right!!

pvhca
11-15-2007, 08:20 AM
A little confused RB, you stated a new Rhino through your CU books at $6K and a used at $4K? If you find them at that price I'm in with u buying all we can get. I would finance my Rhino that I may sell at the rite interest rate, 2006 SE low hours many options. PM me or call 909-982-9955-W(9-5 PST)

2Driver
11-15-2007, 08:45 AM
Jordy gettin' all nice and helpful....must be the holidays. :D

Mrs. Bordsmnj
11-15-2007, 08:55 AM
[COLOR="Red"]As a seasoned old geezer I'll offer some fatherly advice:
QUACKKKKKKKKKK!!!!! ;)
RB, All the people on here passing judgement on your finances do not pay your bills. Who cares what they think. :D I am pretty sure the thread was looking for someone who finances used Rhinos, not "let me judge you and if you do not pay cash, you are a loser" :D
:)

atomickitn
11-15-2007, 09:00 AM
:D hi sweet cheeks

HM
11-15-2007, 09:00 AM
Try these guys (http://danwho.net/mp/index.php?id=snl_dontbuystuff)

atomickitn
11-15-2007, 09:01 AM
hey RB give me a call I know someone that has a really nice rhino for sale, that has a bunch of after market stuff on it already at a reasonable price....I think you know who:D

OCMerrill
11-15-2007, 09:02 AM
Perhaps a Credit Card that offers convenience checks that hit off your std APR and not a Cash Advance APR.
We used checks like this to purchase new windows for our house. Like 3.9% for one year then converts to the std. cash advance rate after that. We placed a budget number and paid it in the years time.
There is always HFC. They give a great deal at around 29% APR :idea: :rolleyes: :D

riverbound
11-15-2007, 09:14 AM
Perhaps a Credit Card that offers convenience checks that hit off your std APR and not a Cash Advance APR.
We used checks like this to purchase new windows for our house. Like 3.9% for one year then converts to the std. cash advance rate after that. We placed a budget number and paid it in the years time.
There is always HFC. They give a great deal at around 29% APR :idea: :rolleyes: :D
I looked at that option...but got in trouble with cedit cards years ago...and am not a big fan of them anymore. ;)

Hardly Satisfied
11-15-2007, 10:58 AM
That's funny

MKEELINE
11-15-2007, 11:33 AM
If more people used them the lakes would be alot less crowded.

mondorally
11-15-2007, 11:54 AM
Just keep in mind that although the interest rate may be low (I got one yesterday with checks at 0.0% and 3.9% depending on the term), they're usually figured as a cash advance with a couple points up front as a cash advance "fee".

djunkie
11-15-2007, 12:06 PM
I take it you aren't accepting my offer Bill? :(

essexjet
11-15-2007, 12:07 PM
Try http://www.arrowheadcu.org They do some Sand Car financing, might give them a call.

PunkAssBitch
11-15-2007, 12:20 PM
Try http://www.arrowheadcu.org They do some Sand Car financing, might give them a call.
yup, that's who we have our financing thru...even though our Rhino was new, it was financed as used because Prestige bought it & then resold it to us. Still don't quite get that, but whatever.
Try Desert Off-Road (I believe they brokered the deal between Prestige & ACU for it). 909-542-0465. Or you could try Arrowhead directly... www.arrowheadcu.org