PDA

View Full Version : <>>

Not So Fast
11-15-2007, 08:14 AM
I have always liked the look of the newer homes with the ledgestone on the bottom portion of the house or where ever so I thought what the hell, I'll give it a try, what do ya think? Not to bad for a hack, I like it. Now I have to do the front court yard wall and around the front door floor to ceiling:confused: :D NSFhttp://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/Ledgestone_007.jpg

BEER&WATER
11-15-2007, 08:17 AM
i like it / lets go into the biz LOL

Community
11-15-2007, 08:17 AM
Looks great to me.

MKEELINE
11-15-2007, 08:18 AM
Looks good. You for hire?:D

OnlyMoney
11-15-2007, 08:19 AM
Very nicely done! We're thinking about doing part of our house in Vegas and maybe an interior wall.....now you've got me thinking again!!! :)

Jyruiz
11-15-2007, 08:21 AM
Looks good Bobby, now how much do you charge and will you show up when you are suppose to and on time?:D

Schiada76
11-15-2007, 08:43 AM
Two of the stones are crooked, I'm not going to pay you unless you tear ALL of it off and replace it by tomorrow.

Ziggy
11-15-2007, 09:55 AM
Just the other day I mentioned to my wife how this style of stone is very popular now......a slight change from what and how they did this in the 60's and 70's......the 80's brought in the red bricks to do this job.
Looks very nice Bobby.....feels good to accomplish a chore like that, huh? :D:D

phebus
11-15-2007, 11:45 AM
Looks great Bobby. Is that the cultured stone? If so, where did you buy it, and is it a stock or special order item?

Not So Fast
11-15-2007, 01:25 PM
Looks great Bobby. Is that the cultured stone? If so, where did you buy it, and is it a stock or special order item?
Phebus, yep its the Owens Corning Cultured Stone. I looked at a lot of different manufacturers and liked theirs the best. The selection is vast as far as styles, types and colors of stone. I liked this one because its a modular type with NO GROUT JOINTS. I got it from Lowes but had to order it, took about 10 days or so. I'm looking forward to doing the rest of the front and it will all tie in, that is if it doesnt all fall off:rolleyes: :D I'm new to this so a few mistakes were made but WTF, it's rock right? If you do any then may I suggest you buy the CORNERS premade, looks nifty and neat. Bobby

WaterJunky
11-15-2007, 01:31 PM
I have been tinkering with tile, brick and stone around my house a little. Generally, all of the information you need is readily avalable in book form and is not difficult to do. The key I have found is to not get into a hurry. Take your time and plan what you are going to do. Buy good tools also.
Looks great.

scarabrick2
11-15-2007, 01:33 PM
Very nicely done! We're thinking about doing part of our house in Vegas and maybe an interior wall.....now you've got me thinking again!!! :)
I got a stone guy who did a great job on my brothers house. We even gave him a lot of stone to have. Let me know if you want his number.

rrrr
11-15-2007, 01:51 PM
That pic is what, from across the street?
We want a CLOSEUP!!
:D :D

Not So Fast
11-15-2007, 03:00 PM
Like I said, I made a few mistakes but here you go. I am just learning:D http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/Ledgestone_003.jpg
NSF

Ion
11-15-2007, 03:15 PM
I'll be doing mine after my pool / spa re-surface job is completed. I really think it brings a "current" look to a house. I'm lucky that the archways of my house have perfect "frames" for the cultured bricks, like the top overhang displayed in NSF's pics. I've seen several in town that don't have the "frames" and it makes them look kinda tacky and like an afterthought, rather than it looking like it belongs.
Rick...Tile & More, here in town can get this stuff as well. I've already asked them.

RitcheyRch
11-15-2007, 04:51 PM
Looks good.

AZJD
11-15-2007, 05:06 PM
The stone looks great, however, whom ever poured your driveway needs a new level!:D

Not So Fast
11-15-2007, 05:32 PM
The stone looks great, however, whom ever poured your driveway needs a new level!:D
Some of the worst concrete work I have ever seen, no doubt, but then its Havasu:( My work looks ten times better than theirs and they are supposed to be the professionals;) NSF

ahhell
11-15-2007, 06:12 PM
I have the same 'stones' on the front of my house and love 'em...just make sure you use the right stuff to adhere them to the house or they tend to fall off if you hose them off. yep gotta beat the crap outta the tile guy...:mad: :D