PDA

View Full Version : I guess 8:00 means 8:30 or later

Lightning
11-15-2007, 08:27 AM
So I am working from home today. I'm waiting on a guy to come over and give me an estimate on some shutters and another guy to come over and fix some windows. I made appointments with both of them - 7:30 for the window guy and 8:00 for the shutter guy. I got up early, showered, ate breakfast and was ready for them when they got here. Logged into the computer at my office, got some work done. Decided to wait on walking the dogs, since i don't want to miss the contractors when they get here. It's 8:25 and no one has showed up. So here's my dilemma.....
I need to take a dump. I know as soon as I sit on the pot and grab the ***boat magazine the door bell will ring. Should I wait until they show up or go now. Also, should i brush my teeth before i meet with them? I sort of don't want since they are wasting my time and should smell my overnight bad breath as a penalty. Got any advice?

BarryMac
11-15-2007, 08:31 AM
Leave a note on the door that you're on the crapper and you'll be with them shortly, don't wash your hands and don't brush your teeth... :D

delemorte
11-15-2007, 08:33 AM
Leave a note on the door that you're on the crapper and you'll be with them shortly, don't wash your hands and don't brush your teeth... :D
WTF kind of crap do you take if you need to brush your teeth afterwards???:jawdrop:

soupersonic
11-15-2007, 08:42 AM
I hate that people say they will be there at a certain time and dont have the descency to call if they are running behind. To me it says they dont need the work. I would leave (after i crapped and brushed my teeth of course). And when they get there and figure out your not home they might call and you can tell them since they didnt show up on time and didnt call you figured they werent coming and went about your day :D

whiteworks
11-15-2007, 09:25 AM
So I am working from home today. I'm waiting on a guy to come over and give me an estimate on some shutters and another guy to come over and fix some windows. I made appointments with both of them - 7:30 for the window guy and 8:00 for the shutter guy. I got up early, showered, ate breakfast and was ready for them when they got here. Logged into the computer at my office, got some work done. Decided to wait on walking the dogs, since i don't want to miss the contractors when they get here. It's 8:25 and no one has showed up. So here's my dilemma.....
I need to take a dump. I know as soon as I sit on the pot and grab the ***boat magazine the door bell will ring. Should I wait until they show up or go now. Also, should i brush my teeth before i meet with them? I sort of don't want since they are wasting my time and should smell my overnight bad breath as a penalty. Got any advice?
I'm in the shutter business, go measure your windows and I'll give you the estimate right now. I dont care if you dont use toilet paper and dont wash your hands, it's your key board.:D but seriouusly about the estimate give me the measurements.

Lightning
11-15-2007, 09:30 AM
I'm in the shutter business, go measure your windows and I'll give you the estimate right now. I dont care if you dont use toilet paper and dont wash your hands, it's your key board.:D but seriouusly about the estimate give me the measurements.
It's a repair on one window and new on the other three.... I have a wholesale hookup but might need an install, i'll let you know.

Ziggy
11-15-2007, 09:32 AM
Barry's last job was as a bathroom attendant.....he know what percentage wash their hands.. :D:D
Colon heath must prevail....go take your dump

BarryMac
11-15-2007, 09:47 AM
Barry's last job was as a bathroom attendant.....he know what percentage wash their hands.. :D:D
You should be singing Happy Birthday to yourself as you wash your after leaving that sewer pickle for the City to deal with, that's the general rule of thumb to make sure your hands are germ free... :D :D

River918
11-15-2007, 10:15 AM
Where are you located?

whiteworks
11-15-2007, 10:17 AM
Upland CA.

Havasu1986
11-15-2007, 10:24 AM
My carpet cleaner showed up at 6:50 for his 7:00 appt. today. ;)

Ziggy
11-15-2007, 10:28 AM
You should be singing Happy Birthday to yourself as you wash your after leaving that sewer pickle for the City to deal with, that's the general rule of thumb to make sure your hands are germ free... :D :D
LOL, its a good thing hey don't charge sewer fees based on tonage.....:D:D
I wash my hands just to be sure enough water went down the pipes to chase that load all the way to the mainline...:)

Ziggy
11-15-2007, 10:29 AM
My carpet cleaner showed up at 6:50 for his 7:00 appt. today. ;) Did you make him come back after 10 minutes? :)

CoolCruzinCobra
11-15-2007, 10:33 AM
If they are over a hour late ,did not call you about being late ,
What I would do is when they show up tell them you don't need their service.
Get some one else.

Arkansas
11-15-2007, 11:17 AM
Undisciplined people just dont react well to "rounded" times. You and I know that 8am or 8:30am is very specific. Try an offbeat set time of like 8:05 or 8:35. Some tend to react more positively to times such as those. To prove this call a production meeting for 9:28am. I bet you will have more show up on time than if the meeting time was at 9:30am

Lightning
11-15-2007, 11:49 AM
So is $18/sq ft. installed a good price for solid wood shutters?

whiteworks
11-15-2007, 03:53 PM
So is $18/sq ft. installed a good price for solid wood shutters?
It depends on a lot of variables most likely a B or C grade shutter for that price. the good stuff starts at $25.00 and goes up from there. you get what you pay for with out a doubt. Stay away from Norman International a Chinese product. It looks great at first but deteriorates very fast and there is no factory support for the guy you will get it from. There are a lot of people passing the Norman stuff off as the goods and making a killing. I would not pay more than $12.00 tax and installation for the Chinese stuff. There is a million ways to cut corners in the manufacturing process in this industry and that is why you will see such variance in the prices. Grade A shutters will last a lifetime. I was just in a house the other day that I did the shutters for back in 2001 they looked as good and operated as well as the day they went in. hope this helps, if you decide you want to break out the check book get a hold of me:D

Lightning
11-15-2007, 04:03 PM
It depends on a lot of variables most likely a B or C grade shutter for that price. the good stuff starts at $25.00 and goes up from there. you get what you pay for with out a doubt. Stay away from Norman International a Chinese product. It looks great at first but deteriorates very fast and there is no factory support for the guy you will get it from. There are a lot of people passing the Norman stuff off as the goods and making a killing. I would not pay more than $12.00 tax and installation for the Chinese stuff. There is a million ways to cut corners in the manufacturing process in this industry and that is why you will see such variance in the prices. Grade A shutters will last a lifetime. I was just in a house the other day that I did the shutters for back in 2001 they looked as good and operated as well as the day they went in. hope this helps, if you decide you want to break out the check book get a hold of me:D
I got hooked up through a client, they are normally $30/ft. Solid wood construction, seems like a real nice product. Much nicer then the POS particle board ones that are currently installed. Thanks for the feedback.

Ziggy
11-15-2007, 05:12 PM
Undisciplined people just dont react well to "rounded" times. You and I know that 8am or 8:30am is very specific. Try an offbeat set time of like 8:05 or 8:35. Some tend to react more positively to times such as those. To prove this call a production meeting for 9:28am. I bet you will have more show up on time than if the meeting time was at 9:30amI learned that at a sales seminar too. Make appointments with clients at unusual times and they are MUCH less likely not to forget it.