PDA

View Full Version : Miller in the Sac. River

thatguy
11-15-2007, 08:39 AM
I am going to try my first video link from phototbucket, hope it works!
Tommy
http://s152.photobucket.com/albums/s170/thomasljr/Boats/?action=view&current=millerinRiver.flv

havaduner
11-15-2007, 08:43 AM
worked for me, Nice Vid!

thatguy
11-15-2007, 08:54 AM
worked for me, Nice Vid!
Sweet, can't believe I did it on the first try!!
Tommy

BarryMac
11-15-2007, 09:10 AM
Nice video :) , one question, what's all that green stuff along the shoreline??? :D

thatguy
11-15-2007, 09:23 AM
Nice video :) , one question, what's all that green stuff along the shoreline??? :D
Damned foliage! I have the same green stuff on my property, HATE IT!:D
Told my wife I was paving the entire 4 acres and opening RV storage lot......She said no.
Tommy

maxwedge
11-15-2007, 09:28 AM
Dammitt, I thought there was gonna be a river full of beer. Nice boat though.:D

OCMerrill
11-15-2007, 09:30 AM
When I close my eyes and just listen I clearly see Parker. Then I open them and jump up about 3' in fright....the desert went green!:eek:
:D :D

thatguy
11-15-2007, 09:42 AM
When I close my eyes and just listen I clearly see Parker. Then I open them and jump up about 3' in fright....the desert went green!:eek:
:D :D
Thats funny shat right there. Wow, I never thought about it, but it is kinda green compared to Arizona, Huh? A few minutes after this we were several miles upriver and blew right by the Sheriffs' riverboat doing about 75 or so. He pulled us over just to look at the boat. There were 4 or 5 officers in the sheriff boat and all were VERY cool!
Tommy

OCMerrill
11-15-2007, 09:50 AM
Thats funny shat right there. Wow, I never thought about it, but it is kinda green compared to Arizona, Huh? A few minutes after this we were several miles upriver and blew right by the Sheriffs' riverboat doing about 75 or so. He pulled us over just to look at the boat. There were 4 or 5 officers in the sheriff boat and all were VERY cool!
Tommy
You do have a nice boat there. One of these days I would like to run around on the Sac river and the Delta area in general. Been by a 100 times but only a short stop for Gas then onward. One of these days I will just have to see how brackish that water really is. :D

thatguy
11-15-2007, 10:11 AM
You do have a nice boat there. One of these days I would like to run around on the Sac river and the Delta area in general. Been by a 100 times but only a short stop for Gas then onward. One of these days I will just have to see how brackish that water really is. :D
Thanks, The river is very clean where I am, about 10 miles south of Redding in Anderson. The video is at Anderson River Park, about 1 mile from my house.
Water is 3-6 foot deep and crystal clear up there. Kinda spooky because you can clearly see bottom and it looks shallower than it is.
Tommy

DeltaSigBoater
11-15-2007, 10:15 AM
A little too many trees for my taste ;) but still looks & sounds awesome!
Thanks for sharing :D

GoCiggie31
11-15-2007, 10:45 AM
I like it...very cool. What is your idle speed and the specs on your camshaft...very nice sounding engine you built there:)
Congrats

thatguy
11-15-2007, 11:16 AM
I like it...very cool. What is your idle speed and the specs on your camshaft...very nice sounding engine you built there:)
Congrats
Cam is Comp. 284 Extreme Hyd. .245 Dur. @ .050. Lift is about .575 straight across, as I recall. Idles around 1200 now, it was a little higher in the video.
I have recurved the distributor and fixed a cable problem on the reverse bucket so it goes a little better now than in the video. That was around 4800 RPM, now it turns 5200.
Tommy