PDA

View Full Version : pics of 21 mandella stepdeck

flatties forever
11-15-2007, 03:04 PM
Just reading a thread that mentioned a 21 mandella step deck as a possible "Schiada killer". Never seen a step deck. Anyone have a picture or any information. I believe it is a very small production run.. less than 50. I was thinking about an Schiada RC, but I really have a soft spot for Mandellas...Any info is appreciated.

DeltaSigBoater
11-15-2007, 04:09 PM
Damn... I just spent the last 15 minutes looking for pictures. I thought I had some that I barrowed off an old eBay Auction, guess I was wrong :(

GofastRacer
11-15-2007, 04:21 PM
Call Eddie, he has a brand new one in his shop, not one hole drilled in it!..
Eddie's Inboard Marine Equip
6074 E Pima St, Tucson, AZ 85712
(520) 298-9322

flatties forever
11-15-2007, 06:24 PM
Anyone know Carson's e-mail???
Thanks for the tip on the new boat in Az.. Probably looking for a put together boat already though. But I will make a call.
And please keep looking for pics. I'm dying to see what it looks like. Anybody know anything about it. What sort of bottom? Is it comparable to the Schiada RC??
If I was a cat, I'd be dead...

hottrodder
11-15-2007, 06:41 PM
Carson, email??? BAHAHAHAHA!!!!

hottrodder
11-15-2007, 06:44 PM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/mandella21.jpg

flatties forever
11-15-2007, 08:09 PM
Thanks so much for the replies and the pic. The boat is gorgeous but too small at this point in my life. Looks like a mandella bottom with a different deck.
Picture is worth a thousand words..
The Schiada RC is still tops of my list.

DeltaSigBoater
11-15-2007, 10:29 PM
Thanks so much for the replies and the pic. The boat is gorgeous but too small at this point in my life. Looks like a mandella bottom with a different deck.
Picture is worth a thousand words..
The Schiada RC is still tops of my list.
Here's an old thread about a 1969 21' Schiada (http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=159963&highlight=Schiada) V-Drive that was for sale, not sure if it still is?
I was thinking about picking it up, but the I just didnt & still dont have the $ :rolleyes:

flatties forever
11-16-2007, 09:15 AM
Thanks man. Don't think my wife would quite get behind a project at that level.
I'm looking for a Mid 80's or newer 21 River Cruiser with a Big Cube NA motor, with a 3 speed. Just wanna be able to run mid 70's and hear a healthy rumpty rump coming back into the 5 zone. I'm HOPING that a boat like that is still insurable... Keep me in mind if you find one of those.

flatties forever
11-16-2007, 10:40 AM
Oh that just sucked. I went over and looked at mbrown's Schiada for sale. It's about 30K out of my price range and worlds out of my league.. I'm not worthy of that.
I'm not crying right now because I don't really want a forced induction motor( o.k. I'm rationalizing). I'm not good enough with the wrench or the paycheck for that matter... I just want an NA motor appx 520-540 inch. FI might be nice, but a carb is o.k. too..
Thanks for the suggestions. and I'd love to see more. I'll keep watching.