PDA

View Full Version : Fock Foothill Ford

Chubby4Life
11-15-2007, 04:45 PM
My truck broke down last Thursday and I had it towed to Foothill Ford in La Verne for the warranty work. When I went to pick it up today I noticed my wedding ring was missing from my cup holder! Standard dealer response was: Why would our tech's risk their job over a ring. Not getting any answers I filed a report with LACSD and then called the GM of the dealership and left a message for Pete. That was at noon and now it's 4:45. Nice customer service Pete! One would think this would be high priority for him. I don't think I have any other recourse aside from calling Ford corporate to complain and filing a complaint with the BBB. Sorry to rant but I just wanted to warn those who might use Foothill Ford for service work.
:mad: :mad:
Chris

Havasu1986
11-15-2007, 04:48 PM
Did they tow the truck also..:confused:

jbtrailerjim
11-15-2007, 04:57 PM
I know it's f*cked up that stole your wedding ring but why would you leave something like that in your truck while it's at the dealership? :confused:
I don't leave ANYTHING of value in my vehicles when I drop them off for service. I don't trust anyone! F*ckin theives are everywhere.

topless
11-15-2007, 04:58 PM
My truck broke down last Thursday and I had it towed to Foothill Ford in La Verne for the warranty work. When I went to pick it up today I noticed my wedding ring was missing from my cup holder! Standard dealer response was: Why would our tech's risk their job over a ring. Not getting any answers I filed a report with LACSD and then called the GM of the dealership and left a message for Pete. That was at noon and now it's 4:45. Nice customer service Pete! One would think this would be high priority for him. I don't think I have any other recourse aside from calling Ford corporate to complain and filing a complaint with the BBB. Sorry to rant but I just wanted to warn those who might use Foothill Ford for service work.
ChrisJust remember when filing a complaint with the BBB, you also have to include what sort of resolution you want to come of this complaint.
I know the BBB will write a letter to them stating your complaint and what you want them to do about it. They will most likely respond by saying exactly what they told you. Do you honestly think that whoever took it is going to confess? Did you see who stole it? Can you prove it was there when you dropped the truck off? Why were you not wearing it? Maybe the tow truck driver took it or maybe you really left it at your girlfriends house.:idea:
Maybe you should be mad at yourself for leaving it there in the first place.

Chubby4Life
11-15-2007, 04:59 PM
Did they tow the truck also..:confused:
No, it was an outside company through Ford roadside. The tow truck driver never got into the truck. He pushed on the brake with one hand and shifted to neutral with the other. I watched him very closely knowing the rep. of shady tow companies.

Schiada76
11-15-2007, 05:01 PM
Have you checked under your girlfriend's bed?:idea: :jawdrop:

Chubby4Life
11-15-2007, 05:04 PM
Just remember when filing a complaint with the BBB, you also have to include what sort of resolution you want to come of this complaint.
I know the BBB will write a letter to them stating your complaint and what you want them to do about it. They will most likely respond by saying exactly what they told you. Do you honestly think that whoever took it is going to confess? Did you see who stole it? Can you prove it was there when you dropped the truck off? Why were you not wearing it? Maybe the tow truck driver took it or maybe you really left it at your girlfriends house.:idea:
Maybe you should be mad at yourself for leaving it there in the first place.
I'm kicking myself for leaving it behind, I only have myself to blame for that.
I smashed the top of my hand loading stuff in the back of the truck earlier that day and it was not comfy with the slight swelling so I took it off. I left it behind thinking it was safer there than in my pants pocket or risk forgetting it in the rental car.

Chubby4Life
11-15-2007, 05:07 PM
I'm kicking myself for leaving it behind, I only have myself to blame for that.
I smashed the top of my hand loading stuff in the back of the truck earlier that day and it was not comfy with the slight swelling so I took it off. I left it behind thinking it was safer there than in my pants pocket or risk forgetting it in the rental car.
Also, I saw it as I was removing my checkbooks and phone charger from the console.

rsoscia
11-15-2007, 05:08 PM
I know it's f*cked up that stole your wedding ring but why would you leave something like that in your truck while it's at the dealership? :confused:
I don't leave ANYTHING of value in my vehicles when I drop them off for service. I don't trust anyone! F*ckin theives are everywhere.
Same here I had stuff taken from a dealer a while back... if its not bolted down it will be stolen... theives are everywhere.

Baja Big Dog
Ya, lets see, you have already bought the truck right? Then the standard response is too bad, they don't give a shit about your problem, you signed the work order and I can guarantee that it states somewhere on the form they are not responsible for lost of stolen or damaged goods.:mad:
Good luck.
The ring is only the beginning, how many times do you think you will take it back to get the problem fixed????:confused:

Rexone
I left it behind thinking it was safer there than in my pants pocket or risk forgetting it in the rental car.
Note to self for future. Leave no valuables in car when not in car. Especially in plain sight. :(

Rexone
11-15-2007, 05:10 PM
Also, I saw it as I was removing my checkbooks and phone charger from the console.
Phone charger more valuable than wedding ring. :confused:

Chubby4Life
11-15-2007, 05:11 PM
The ring is only the beginning, how many times do you think you will take it back to get the problem fixed????:confused:
Well, the truck is an 06 and it's been in twice for the high pressure oil sensor in 25,000 miles.

DeltaSigBoater
11-15-2007, 05:20 PM
Chris
I doubt a service tech took it, I was probably the one of the lot jockies. Either way that still sucks

uLtRADeNniS
11-15-2007, 05:23 PM
My ex had a similar issue. She left her laptop in her back seat while her truck was being serviced at Toyota Dealer. Needless to say it was stolen. After fighting for two weeks she never got shit out of them. This is one of the biggest and busiest Toyota Dealers in the area too.
The most valuable thing I will ever leave in my truck is the garage door opener. I don't trust dealerships with my belongings. You have to think.. most mechanics leave your car unlocked during the day, so that leaves it open for anyone to grab stuff. Or the fact that the $7.00 an hour Porters drive your car..or that they usually have access to the keys because cars need to be moved around. There are just to many ways for your stuff to be stolen at the dealer.
On another note..I thought that Dealer is called Person Ford.

Baja Big Dog
11-15-2007, 05:39 PM
Well, the truck is an 06 and it's been in twice for the high pressure oil sensor in 25,000 miles.
Yep my point, you hear all the complaints about what a piece of crap my ford is, or my Chevy is because I keep taking it in for warranty work, and they don't fix the problem...its not he car/truck, its the quality of techs (I like that word, I think it means the same a "mechanic" when I was younger), my buddy summed it up one day over a few beers, ..
"You cant have a rocket scientist design something and expect high school drop out to repair them!"
He was quoting a Harley mechanic trying to get his fuel injection to work!! (pre Delphi injection).

ahhell
11-15-2007, 06:27 PM
you cant leave shit in your vehicle during any kind of service ...my Dad had a Glock under the front seat (yep, he's legal to carry) while at a car wash, got home, went to get the gun and its gone...DONT TRUST ANYONE...except Mom:D

topless
11-15-2007, 06:51 PM
I too have had stuff stolen out of my car before and it does suck but it's always been my fault for leaving it there.
Hopefully Pete will call you back but I highly doubt you'll get the ring back. You could go check pawn shops. Tweakers need cash more than they do jewelry.

BadKachina
11-15-2007, 07:28 PM
Chris
I'd say it's a good story and totally believable for your wife. She'll never know you took that thing off in a bar and lost it. ;) :D :D

rrrr
11-15-2007, 07:38 PM
Isn't there one of these hanging in every service drive in America?
http://www.speedysigns.com/images/osha/large/NOTICE35.gif

Stroked&Blown
11-15-2007, 07:44 PM
Never leave your garage door opener in your vehicle...even for a day service.
Your registration with address is in your glove box. These a**wipes will hit your house on their lunch hour and you'll never know door opener was taken.
And some people leave the entry door open because the garage door was down.
Oh and any pics of the wife seeing that she'll be single soon?

BadKachina
11-15-2007, 07:46 PM
Never leave your garage door opener in your vehicle...even for a day service.
Your registration with address is in your glove box. These a**wipes will hit your house on their lunch hour and you'll never know door opener was taken.
And some people leave the entry door open because the garage door was down.
Oh and any pics of the wife seeing that she'll be single soon?
Good advice about the opener.
I also take mine out o the truck every night. I figure if they're going to break into the truck, no point in giving them free access to all my tools and stuff.

mark49
11-16-2007, 12:39 AM
Check the local pawn shops, if ya find it, you may be able to locate the crack-head that stole it... Pawn shops must return stolen property to its original owner at no cost.... Don't turn the guy over to the police just drive by his work dressed like da hood acting like a crack dealer, then drag his ass out in the back ally and beat da ever-livin' shit out of him.
# 2 go to the dealership walk boldly into the machinics work area and offer the reward more then its worth with no questions asked waiving a wad of 100 dollar bills , if they rat off a co-worker ya'll never say a word... Lies of course but the snitch needs a fix also.

squirt'nmyload
11-16-2007, 03:52 AM
was the vehicle cleaned before they gave it back? it is possible that it got sucked up in the vaccum if they did.

Kachina26
11-16-2007, 04:34 AM
Phone charger more valuable than wedding ring. :confused:
Ever have your phone go dead? It sucks!
I had a customer accuse us of taking a bunch of CDs. I know I didn't take 'em, and I was the only one to handle the car. Customer just happened to be upset about having to pay for non warranty repairs:idea: My boss payed for whatever the customer replaced. That's just how he does business though.
Worked at a carwash/lube shop when I was young and a lady claimed we took her wedding ring. Boss made us empty our pockets in front of him. Didn't know that was illegal at the time. Anyway, after a few weeks she called to say that the ring had been found under the seat. :mad: Sucks to hear man, I lost my ring once thought for sure it slipped off of my finger at a roadhouse grill. Sifted through peanut shells for half an hour. Turns out it fell of my finger in the car, I found it a year and a half later when I was getting the car ready to trade in. It was under the seat. Got lucky.

shadow
11-16-2007, 06:08 AM
Check the local pawn shops, if ya find it, you may be able to locate the crack-head that stole it... Pawn shops must return stolen property to its original owner at no cost.... Don't turn the guy over to the police just drive by his work dressed like da hood acting like a crack dealer, then drag his ass out in the back ally and beat da ever-livin' shit out of him.
# 2 go to the dealership walk boldly into the machinics work area and offer the reward more then its worth with no questions asked waiving a wad of 100 dollar bills , if they rat off a co-worker ya'll never say a word... Lies of course but the snitch needs a fix also.
As a Tech at a Ford Dealership----
I'd bodly tell him to get his ass out of here if he insinuated i had anything to do with stealing his ring!:mad:Or insinuated i knew who stole it and let it happen.
Sure it could have happened at the Dealer but chances ar it wasn't a Tech that stole it.
Maybe a lot porter,car wash,tow truck driver.
Keep in mind most decent Techs make 50k-100k a year and are not going to steal shit from customers cars.
Once a customer came in and acussed me of stealing<he said to me wheres
all the change that was in here?
I was like what the **** are you talking about ahole?:mad: you have the wrong guy(not to mention i was there on a Sat cause this guy had to have his car]
I don't steal and i sure as **** am not going to steal change out of your car.
Then gives me a look like sure.
Later i mention it to my service Manager and my Service manager said he parked the car himself and this ass clown had rolls of Quarters in the seat
that were falling out the door when he parked it so he put them in the center console so they wouldn't fall out.
Ass clown never did come back and apologize for accusing me.