PDA

View Full Version : N/W guys/gals (East as well)

1968Droptop
03-03-2006, 04:15 PM
Just checking to see if anyone still wanted to come over to our house and talk boats , have a hot dog, and a beverage or two next Saturday ? Not sure what everyone's schedule is like ? A pre-boating season round-up ? PM me for directions.

Tahiti350
03-03-2006, 05:51 PM
Your talking about the 11th? If so count the Tahiti's in.... Still in New Jersey, should be home tomorrow. Will be in touch later this week for directions, etc.

JETBOY03
03-03-2006, 06:50 PM
i will be there!

BOOGEYMAN
03-03-2006, 07:10 PM
I would love to join but thats a long drive from spokane.

malcolm
03-03-2006, 07:25 PM
This a family deal?
Yeah we'll show up if we can. Still haven't heard what the family's planning for Dad's B-day, oh well. What time?

1968Droptop
03-03-2006, 09:00 PM
This a family deal?
Yeah we'll show up if we can. Still haven't heard what the family's planning for Dad's B-day, oh well. What time?
Yes, it's a family deal for sure !!! Bring the wife, kids, and in-laws (might of gone overboard there.....lol). It's all good. Just a pre-spring get together, nothing more. All is welcome !!! Time ??? The usual time a gathering starts at our house, when ever you show up. But it usually seems around 5pm, but hey if it's earlier, np here, just glad to see you................

1978 Rogers
03-03-2006, 09:23 PM
We're in.

1968Droptop
03-04-2006, 09:01 AM
Bump (thanks Malcolm :rollside: )

1978 Rogers
03-04-2006, 03:40 PM
Is it going to be a pot luck, do you want us to bring anything. Because I'm cool with just sitting back watching someone else do all the work. :)

malcolm
03-04-2006, 03:46 PM
Yeah, I was just going to ask what to bring (besides the shoes). ;)

1968Droptop
03-04-2006, 05:26 PM
Yeah, I was just going to ask what to bring (besides the shoes). ;)
Bringing a snack would be great. Maybe some potato salad, mac salad, or the like. We'll have plenty of dogs n burgs, and a full tank for the BBQ. How does 2PM sound ?
1978 Rogers: I too like to sit around and watch some else do the work, that's why I'm a union guy. :rolleyes:

Tahiti350
03-04-2006, 07:41 PM
April gets done at her Belly Dancing class around 4, so 5-ish will probably work for us. We'll bring some home made potatoe salad

malcolm
03-04-2006, 08:07 PM
Belly dancing??? Gayleen has an extra pair of flashy shoes (size 8) ;)
So you're back home, huh?

Tahiti350
03-04-2006, 08:35 PM
Yep,
Got home around 4:30-5 this afternoon. Not a bad flight, slept through most of it.....
April and I were just talking about the shoes a little bit ago

malcolm
03-04-2006, 09:53 PM
Maybe she can teach Gayleen some moves. ;)

1968Droptop
03-04-2006, 10:07 PM
Any word on your head gaskets Malcolm ?

malcolm
03-04-2006, 10:13 PM
I just Paypal-ed the guy for them yesterday. Hopefully he gets them in the mail soon. :)
I need to update my build pics.....

1968Droptop
03-04-2006, 10:24 PM
I just Paypal-ed the guy for them yesterday. Hopefully he gets them in the mail soon. :)
I need to update my build pics.....
Hope they didn't dent the Ol check book too much......

malcolm
03-04-2006, 10:33 PM
Yeah, they had the "they're getting hard to find" pricetag of $100. :(

Konabud
03-05-2006, 09:47 AM
Just checking to see if anyone still wanted to come over to our house and talk boats , have a hot dog, and a beverage or two next Saturday ? Not sure what everyone's schedule is like ? A pre-boating season round-up ? PM me for directions.
We'll be there!

1968Droptop
03-05-2006, 12:31 PM
Yeah, they had the "they're getting hard to find" pricetag of $100. :(
At least you can still get 'em. One less part to buy, and one step closer to being done !!!

1978 Rogers
03-05-2006, 12:52 PM
Is this BYOB? Haven't said that one in a while. :cool:

Captain Assin' Off
03-05-2006, 12:54 PM
I have to work next Sat. but, depending on how the launch goes, I should be off around 5:30. I'll bring the Bitter Half. No Kids, I'll check with Big Fat & the gang....
I dropped the boat in the river last week, it ran great with the spare motor...hey, maybe I'll do the picture thing now. :skull:
Looks like the Wif will be in Eastern Wa. on her own that weekend, so I'll be flying solo... :cool:

1968Droptop
03-05-2006, 01:05 PM
Is this BYOB? Haven't said that one in a while. :cool:
BYOB will work. We've got Grape and Orange pop. And I always have a case of properly chilled Coors Light on hand. :messedup: :messedup: :messedup: We're not coffee drinkers, but we do have some instant some where in the cupboards.

malcolm
03-05-2006, 01:19 PM
Oh boy now it's a party!
You already ran the boat, huh? I can't wait to hear it.
Sabrina was sad to hear Kim won't be there. :(

1968Droptop
03-05-2006, 01:23 PM
I have to work next Sat. but, depending on how the launch goes, I should be off around 5:30. I'll bring the Bitter Half. No Kids, I'll check with Big Fat & the gang....
I dropped the boat in the river last week, it ran great with the spare motor...hey, maybe I'll do the picture thing now. :skull:
Looks like the Wif will be in Eastern Wa. on her own that weekend, so I'll be flying solo... :cool:
The 'bitter' half :argue: . I haven't heard that one before, I love it !! I'm also chuckling at you reason for editting...LOL !!!!!
That picture thing ain't too bad, it only took me 2 weeks and 2 helpers to figure it out :crossx: :crossx: :crossx:

Captain Assin' Off
03-05-2006, 01:31 PM
Trying to get the pictures down. Help Malcolm, you have been on our computer, I still can't edit, damn it! :boxed:

malcolm
03-05-2006, 01:33 PM
You can email me some and I'll size 'em down.

malcolm
03-05-2006, 05:31 PM
Got the shoe movie done, but the place I've been uploading to isn't working. If you can handle a 1.3 meg download, let me know and I'll email it to you.

malcolm
03-06-2006, 08:32 AM
Here's the link to the Flashy Shoe video.
The Shoes (http://www.zippyvideos.com/5082470454134176/flashyshoes1/*spectramac)

1978 Rogers
03-06-2006, 08:33 AM
Here's the link to the Flashy Shoe video.
The Shoes (http://i1.zvhost.com/1/o/oy37069i.jpg)
it come across as a jpg for me. :cry:

malcolm
03-06-2006, 09:00 AM
It should work now.

1978 Rogers
03-06-2006, 09:01 AM
I looked at your pics Chris this weekend. I noticed you got the OT sockes. Did you get those from Skagen?

1978 Rogers
03-06-2006, 09:03 AM
It should work now.
lol, Va Va Voom. Yery nice.

malcolm
03-06-2006, 09:06 AM
Has ***boat been running slow for you most of the weekend? Trying to figure out if I'm the only one.

1978 Rogers
03-06-2006, 09:08 AM
Has ***boat been running slow for you most of the weekend? Trying to figure out if I'm the only one.
Seems fine now. We have dial up at home, so its always slow.

malcolm
03-06-2006, 09:17 AM
Hmm, all weekend I've had to stare at a black screen with that orange banner across the top for sometimes 30 seconds or more before the page will come up. My other boards all seem to be normal.....

1968Droptop
03-06-2006, 06:13 PM
I looked at your pics Chris this weekend. I noticed you got the OT sockes. Did you get those from Skagen?
Yuppers, picked them up last week some time from Tony.
I towed the boat to work last Friday to let him look at my dinky ride plate and intake. I got to get some measurements and figure some chit out. My intake is like 1/2" above the center 'v' on my hull. I need a show as well I think ? I also asked about Squirtin Thunders ride plate. He told me it sounded like a good deal. It was nice to see the boat behind the truck all day
:) .

1978 Rogers
03-06-2006, 08:07 PM
If you have any questions, get a hold of Mile2885, lives up in Redmond. He put one on his boat recently. I upload 3 of his photos for him. They're still in my Memebers Gallery. I believe he bought the ride plate kit from Skagen. He told me he'd be more than happy to help me install one. If supply the beer. :)
You mean the intake isn't flush with the bottom of your hull? Its raised up a 1/2"? If so, that robbs performance.

1968Droptop
03-06-2006, 08:17 PM
You mean the intake isn't flush with the bottom of your hull? Its raised up a 1/2"? If so, that robbs performance.
EXACTLY what I mean. I'm propably starving my pump ??? The good news is my Custom Sprint has a machined housing to start with !!! I can just simply bolt on a shoe. Tony at Skagin said that was REALLY good, as most have to pull the intake portion out and have it machined flat to accept a shoe. I looked at my buddy Tony's boat, and sure as chit, the bottom of the intake is shaped to match the bottom 'v' of the boat. Not mine, flat as a pancake
:cool: .

1978 Rogers
03-06-2006, 08:30 PM
Mines curved a little. I bet the Berk JG only had a few different intakes. Mines probably more stock parts. Your is probably more custom. Even your transome adaptor is custom to the Sangers.

malcolm
03-07-2006, 11:30 AM
Looks like ***boat works fine at work. Must mean I've got something wrong with my computer. I wonder if I picked up any spywear with that Yahoo messenger program. That's about when all this started. :cry:

1978 Rogers
03-07-2006, 11:46 AM
Looks like ***boat works fine at work. Must mean I've got something wrong with my computer. I wonder if I picked up any spywear with that Yahoo messenger program. That's about when all this started. :cry:
Mine was really messing up because I McAfee on it for Virus protection.

malcolm
03-07-2006, 11:54 AM
The bad thing is, this is my favorite board! All the other ones still work fine. :mad:
Oh well, on the lighter side. I think I just removed a major adwear program from this computer. A little practice can't hurt.

Tahiti350
03-07-2006, 06:07 PM
Hey,
I jaut wanted to let everyone know I WILL be at Shasta!!. Cas "found" me some info on Antlers national park, right near Antlers RV park. If The RV park comes through with a site I can always cancel this reservation to get closer to the party. The bad thing is no power or water. Will have to bring the generator, and come to Antlers RV to use the showers.

Gayleen
03-08-2006, 09:54 AM
The good news is, there is no cost for the showers.

1978 Rogers
03-09-2006, 09:52 AM
Might be needing chains on Saturday. :rollside:
It will be cool sitting in Tonys boat. My beer won't get warm.

1968Droptop
03-09-2006, 03:05 PM
Might be needing chains on Saturday. :rollside:
It will be cool sitting in Tonys boat. My beer won't get warm.
No chit, snowed up here most of the day, but it's all gone now. The beer will be warmer than it is outside :mad: :mad: :mad: . Actually I think the forecast is for decent weather, lets hope soooooooooooooo.

jrork
03-09-2006, 05:27 PM
Sorry we're gonna miss everybody. Normally Jan and I set on our butts and think about how we never get to see anybody and then this weekend and the next we finally plan something and wouldn't you know it, you guys plan a get together on one weekend and we get a chance to meet a little "sleepy" girl the next weekend and we won't be around.
Sucks...................
Have fun everybody and do me a favor and have one for me and explain to Malcolm the superiorty of the Panther over the Jacuzzi.
It's been a while since I got to do that..... :crossx: :crossx: :crossx:
John

dregsz
03-09-2006, 05:38 PM
I'll bring the Bitter Half.
Man, I newver heard that one before, I'll be using it for Years to come, (If I'm still married)
BTW, I should introduce myself being new to the Evergreen State, I'll be communing w Sasquatch this Sat. (assuming that was a wide open invite, thanks,(and I'm an offshore/OB guy), but planning to go to Cresent Bar and Lake Chelan this summer if that counts.
Thanks
Evan

JETBOY03
03-09-2006, 07:05 PM
what is everyone bringing on sat? we dont want to end up with 4 gallons of potato salad.

JETBOY03
03-09-2006, 07:08 PM
and did we decide on a time..

malcolm
03-09-2006, 07:19 PM
OK John, we'll give you a pass, THIS TIME! :p
Austin, last I heard he said 2:00. We'll get the macaroni salad if you get the potato salad. ;)

1968Droptop
03-09-2006, 07:23 PM
what is everyone bringing on sat? we dont want to end up with 4 gallons of potato salad.
I'll let you all decide that. We'll get the dogs n the burgs. We'll also have pop for any kids. As for the time, it really makes no difference to us. We'll be home all day. Most likely be playing with the boat in the shop :cool: .

malcolm
03-09-2006, 07:34 PM
By the way, you got a problem with 4 gals of potato salad Austin? :rollside:
We'll pick up some chips, dip and some pop too.

1978 Rogers
03-09-2006, 08:58 PM
Man, I newver heard that one before, I'll be using it for Years to come, (If I'm still married)
BTW, I should introduce myself being new to the Evergreen State, I'll be communing w Sasquatch this Sat. (assuming that was a wide open invite, thanks,(and I'm an offshore/OB guy), but planning to go to Cresent Bar and Lake Chelan this summer if that counts.
Thanks
Evan
Welcome to the NW Evan.

jrork
03-09-2006, 09:10 PM
Hey Evan.
Was that you in the Superboat on New Years day in Silverdale? If it was, has your back recovered from the pounding the waves were giving everybody? Brutal weather. I'm more of a sunshine 80 degree kinda boater.

1978 Rogers
03-09-2006, 09:14 PM
Hey Evan.
Was that you in the Superboat on New Years day in Silverdale? If it was, has your back recovered from the pounding the waves were giving everybody? Brutal weather. I'm more of a sunshine 80 degree kinda boater.
I think we need to change this too. I here you use to use a tent also. :)

malcolm
03-10-2006, 08:21 AM
My computer must be getting over it's issues (or ***boat changed their oil). I'm working again! What a good way to start a Friday! :rollside:
Let the postwhoring begin!!!

Tahiti350
03-10-2006, 08:29 AM
April is making potato sallad today, we'll probably bring something els, just don't know what right now, too early. See ya'all tomorrow

1978 Rogers
03-10-2006, 08:50 AM
April is making potato sallad today, we'll probably bring something els, just don't know what right now, too early. See ya'all tomorrow
Your making potato salad, but bringing something else. :notam: NICE. I like to drink expensive beer, but I'll bring a 6-pack of Shmit over to share with everyone on Saturday. :D :D :D
Maybe your telling us, you don't want us to eat April's cooking. Thats even worse. That's some blackmail material. :crossx:

malcolm
03-10-2006, 09:00 AM
Hee-hee, you were listening the KISW yesterday too huh? :p

1978 Rogers
03-10-2006, 09:03 AM
Hee-hee, you were listening the KISW yesterday too huh? :p
No, why? What was said or what was the topic?
Should I put Yahoo on my computer at work so we can BS back & forth easier? Did you see my avitar?

malcolm
03-10-2006, 09:07 AM
I'm going to have to redo the Yahoo thing. I deleated it the other day trying to fix this computer problem. :rolleyes:
The Men's Room was talking about guys bringing Schmit beer to a party then drinking all your expensive beer! :D

1978 Rogers
03-10-2006, 09:26 AM
I'm going to have to redo the Yahoo thing. I deleated it the other day trying to fix this computer problem. :rolleyes:
The Men's Room was talking about guys bringing Schmit beer to a party then drinking all your expensive beer! :D
Sounds like a good party to me. I usually drink what I bring and still share. That way you don't get hassled when you want to lay down for a nap. :D

Gayleen
03-10-2006, 09:52 AM
Sorry we're gonna miss everybody. Normally Jan and I set on our butts and think about how we never get to see anybody and then this weekend and the next we finally plan something and wouldn't you know it, you guys plan a get together on one weekend and we get a chance to meet a little "sleepy" girl the next weekend and we won't be around.
Sucks...................
Have fun everybody and do me a favor and have one for me and explain to Malcolm the superiorty of the Panther over the Jacuzzi.
It's been a while since I got to do that..... :crossx: :crossx: :crossx:
John
Hi John and Jan!
I'm sure that you would bring up panthers infront of her and she would cry. :cry: You will be missed, however I can't see how a Panther is better than a Jacuzzi. We have a boats with each pump in our yard. The Panther has not been wet, broken shaft. The Jacuzzi, it hauls our @sses. :cool:
Sure you can't change your plans. Sabrina has choosen to spend the night at Grandma and Grandpa's, we are comming down childless. :p

Tahiti350
03-10-2006, 10:13 AM
I love April's potato salad, now that she figured out the recipe (lots of garlic and stuff, consider this your warning), but yes Chris I'll bring it, and I was going to bring the cheap beer... Now I have to figure out something else, dammit

1978 Rogers
03-10-2006, 10:17 AM
Sabrina has choosen to spend the night at Grandma and Grandpa's, we are comming down childless. :p
You can have one of ours while at Chris's then. Seems fair to me. :cool:

Tahiti350
03-10-2006, 10:26 AM
That's true, it is a potluck, we get to share what everyone else brings.
That sounds wrong on several different levels, doesn't it?

Gayleen
03-10-2006, 01:40 PM
You can have one of ours while at Chris's then. Seems fair to me. :cool:
Sure, Ethan, put on your life jacket. You can drink all the pop you want. Did you say candy? Help yourself. :D
Are you sure you want us to have one of yours? :hammerhea

1978 Rogers
03-10-2006, 02:55 PM
Sure, Ethan, put on your life jacket. You can drink all the pop you want. Did you say candy? Help yourself. :D
Are you sure you want us to have one of yours? :hammerhea
You are an evil evil woman. Dancing shows or not.
I'll have him bring his halloween basket. He really likes little chocolate candy bars. (hershery, crunch, goodbar, reeses peanut butter cups, kit cat). Any of those will be great. :crossx:

1968Droptop
03-10-2006, 03:13 PM
I love April's potato salad, now that she figured out the recipe (lots of garlic and stuff, consider this your warning), but yes Chris I'll bring it, and I was going to bring the cheap beer... Now I have to figure out something else, dammit
You guys are on a roll today !!!!! Robyn and I a LOAO !!!! But I read it the same way sleepy Chris, he wasn't bringing potato salad :crossx: :crossx: :crossx:.

1978 Rogers
03-10-2006, 03:33 PM
You guys are on a roll today !!!!! Robyn and I a LOAO !!!! But I read it the same way sleepy Chris, he wasn't bringing potato salad :crossx: :crossx: :crossx:.
Glad to see someone saw it the way I did. He didn't say "something else ALSO", just "something else". :rollside:

jrork
03-10-2006, 05:15 PM
I think we need to change this too. I here you use to use a tent also. :)
Emphasis on "USE TO". I think I would stand a better chance of spending a ton of $$$$ on a new boat than getting Jan back in a tent.
Not necessarily a bad trade if you ask me...........

jrork
03-10-2006, 05:17 PM
:D
Got to be something around that doesn't screw up our computers. Ian does the instant messenger thing and seems to be okay but I gotta admit he types WAY faster than me.

jrork
03-10-2006, 05:27 PM
Hi John and Jan!
Sure you can't change your plans. Sabrina has choosen to spend the night at Grandma and Grandpa's, we are comming down childless. :p
I really wish we could (for both weekends). We'd really like to see everybody, meet some new folks and most importantly meet a new little one but it aint gonna happen this time.
Hopefully you guys will get together again soon or maybe we can talk folks into braving the bridge and ferry system and come our way for a bash.

1978 Rogers
03-10-2006, 08:29 PM
What time does everyone plan on heading over to Chris's? I told Wife around 2:00, but that Chris said anytime, they'd be around. So I thought we'd leave at 1:00, arrive a little before 2:00. But, Wife doesn't want to be too early. What the hell. :argue: :argue: :argue: (where is the little yellow face dude banging his head against a wall) :eek:

Tahiti350
03-10-2006, 09:11 PM
We'll be headed over around 5, as April has dance class tomorrow, and will need a shower before meeting new people :rolleyes: . I need to do a mapquest tomorrow to get the diredtions too

1968Droptop
03-10-2006, 11:03 PM
Hopefully you guys will get together again soon or maybe we can talk folks into braving the bridge and ferry system and come our way for a bash.
Count Robyn and myself in !!! Next month ??? It'd be nice to meet up at different houses once a month until boating season is here. So I guess I'm saying we can meet 11 months a year at different houses...:mad: :mad: :mad:
Seriously, next month would be great for us, how about everyone else ???

1978 Rogers
03-10-2006, 11:11 PM
you got Yahoo yet Chris?

1968Droptop
03-10-2006, 11:29 PM
you got Yahoo yet Chris?
Not yet, Malcolm's comment about Yahoo maybe slowing his comp down scared me. My poor 56K is SLOW enough :cry: :cry: :cry:

Captain Assin' Off
03-11-2006, 07:07 AM
I scored the day off, as we made good progress this week, and the next pier isn't ready for a load yet, so here I am..
Take the standard 454 I have now, add a steel crank, maybe aluminum heads, toss in a Tremec 5 speed, and slam that into the '72 Corvette.
Get another block for the 496 blower motor, I've got the aluminum heads for that motor already, as most of the hardware for that motor ready to go.
Pull that nasty 409" Iron headed beast out of the boat, and hang onto it for the spare, as originally intended.
But, that means I bought that stupid Trans Am, with the aluminum headed LT-1, 4L60E for nothing, cuz on the spur of the moment, it sounded like a good idea, but it's always better to have a Big Block 5 speed Vette, over a small block auto vette right?
The reason for all the delima, is simply the 454 engine I have now is a standard bore 4 bolter, and I just hate taking and molesting standard bore blocks, I'd rather further the molest someone has already begun, so do any of you guys have a 454 block, that will pass a mag and sono test? If so, how much, and can I pick it up while the wife's gone? (Read "Today")
I'll be down this afternoon, around 5 ish for the get together, I'm gonna go strip a motor now. :skull:

Tahiti350
03-11-2006, 08:28 AM
I just pulled a "molested" 454 out of my suburban, but had to give it back to the guy I bought the truck from. It had 3 holes in the oil pan, so probably not quitye what you are looking for.

malcolm
03-11-2006, 09:55 AM
I actually think my slowdown was Verizon related. It fixed itself. Now I reloaded Yahoo messenger and I'm still working fast, DSL fast anyway. If you do load up Yahoo, be carefull. Use the 'custom' install and uncheck every box that doesn't say messenger. They have a phoney internet toolbar and some advertising stuff they try to sneak in. I only needed to have the 1 box checked and it works fine. It says voice all over it, but you can still type yer messages in. ;)
Matt, good score getting the day off. See you there.

malcolm
03-11-2006, 12:50 PM
Well, we are running a little behind. Seems like the norm since we had Sabrina. We used to be early everywhere we went! :boxed: Hopefully you guys can hold the fort down without us for a little while. ;)
If you don't see us by 3:00 better start calling. :D

jrork
03-11-2006, 07:05 PM
Well, we are running a little behind. Seems like the norm since we had Sabrina. We used to be early everywhere we went! :boxed: :D
Better get use to it Malcolm.
Chris and I have been chatting about another gettogether. Anybody interested in coming to Silverdale next month? We'll host!
It's looking like the 15th of April will work. How bout the rest of you???

malcolm
03-12-2006, 03:00 AM
Whew! What a bash! We had the longest drive, so of course we stayed the latest. ;) Had a good time and can't wait to do it again. We talked about next month at the Rorks, sounds like it's a done deal John. :D
Pics to go online later today when I wake up.... :skull:

Konabud
03-12-2006, 08:25 AM
I must be the first one up! Thanks Chris, Robin and Chase for having us out. We had a great time meeting some great people. Can't wait to start boating with you guys (you too Matt, can't believe everything you hear) (Chris they told you not to let him touch your boat!!!) Wonder what the partys on the beach are going to be like. Everyone is certainly invited out to our place anytime you're in the neighborhood. Count us in for April 15th.
Creg and Vee

Captain Assin' Off
03-12-2006, 09:33 AM
L.M.A.O! What a bunch of absolute fools. Drinkin', cussin', talkin' about puss, firin' up boats in the middle of the night, doin' long tire toasting power brakes & donuts, I probably lost 50% of the tread off of those sticky 315 35 ZR17 Gator backs. Don't worry though, they're only $400 a copy!
Probably ENTIRELY pissed off all of the women, only reinforcing the questions in their minds as to why they're with us. ( What the hell drives these guys?) Aww well, I guess we have to let our hair down once in a while.
Jesus, John, I didn't have a chance to say three words to you, I did'nt mean to be rude, I was just absolutely assulted the minute we walked through the doors! Man, non stop yelling and laughing! Tony's stories will make you fall out of your chair in hysterics.
Chris, (78) I'm sure you're wife is dearly in love with you this morning! :p Nice job! Do you remember grabbing our hosts' drink in the driveway, right out of his hand, no less, and ordering him to go make you another? That was funny too!
Nice job with the videos, Malcolm, but too short,we'll have to get together and do some editing, I've got hours of digital saved, we need to transfer to disc, and distribute it amongst us, it sounds so cool on the surround turned up loud, I could listen to that for hours.
Chris, G.F.P.! (Gorgeous F'in Place) Thank you for the hospitality, all the wives' too, although, I can't remember their names, at the moment. Kona, so cool to meet you, John we'll try to make your place to gather, if it's a Saturday, I'll have to finagle the time off, but somehow, we'll make it. I'm just glad my wife wasn't there last night to witness my personal behavior, she gets completely appalled at some of my antics, but hey, she married me! I didn't marry her! ( Just kidding, she's great)
Once again, we had a ball, ( No, not the kind between your legs, Tony) :cool: We'll do a few gathers at our shack, usually after boating, we do it here, cuz we're close to the river....Asta La Vista my brothers!!! :coffeycup

Tahiti350
03-12-2006, 10:12 AM
Chris (DropTop), thanks for the party, it was great to get out and meet some more of the local wildlife. Sounds like I left before it REALLY got spooled up. We definately need to do this more often, at least until boating season gets here.
JRork,
15 April sounds good, depending on work for me. I'd say lock it in and get ready for the party.

Tahiti350
03-12-2006, 10:32 AM
DropTop,
Here is a link to the thread on LBBA that talks about the 16' Tahiti splashes like the bright yellow one down on the main road. If you can get a picture of it, and any info about it (make, model, forsale?), there is a lot of interest in them. OldRigger is looking for one set up for outboard power, so this one might fill his bill. If nothing else it documents another part of our sport for the future.
Here's the link: http://p210.ezboard.com/fclassic***boatsfrm7.showMessage?topicID=148.topic

1968Droptop
03-12-2006, 11:21 AM
I must be the first one up! Thanks Chris, Robin and Chase for having us out. We had a great time meeting some great people. Can't wait to start boating with you guys (you too Matt, can't believe everything you hear) (Chris they told you not to let him touch your boat!!!) Wonder what the partys on the beach are going to be like. Everyone is certainly invited out to our place anytime you're in the neighborhood. Count us in for April 15th.
Creg and Vee
We had a GREAT time last night ! Glad everyone made it home safely. It was nice to put a face with the name. I'd say it was truely a success. We're in for the 15th as well, but do the Rorks know what they're getting into ? 1 more of those gathering and we'll need;
NEW tires for the Captian,
A bucket for Cris (and almost Gayleen..lol),
Ear plugs for everyone (Am I really that loud ,:cool:)
Chrome polish to remove the blueing on the headers,
Sunglasses (from the constant camera flashing),
A LOT MORE BEER,
Aspirin for the next morning,
New neighbors :crossx: :crossx: :crossx:
But seriously thanks again for coming out everyone. It was a LOT of fun, can't wait to step it up a notch on the water :) :) :)

1968Droptop
03-12-2006, 11:23 AM
DropTop,
Here is a link to the thread on LBBA that talks about the 16' Tahiti splashes like the bright yellow one down on the main road. If you can get a picture of it, and any info about it (make, model, forsale?), there is a lot of interest in them. OldRigger is looking for one set up for outboard power, so this one might fill his bill. If nothing else it documents another part of our sport for the future.
Here's the link: http://p210.ezboard.com/fclassic***boatsfrm7.showMessage?topicID=148.topic
Thanks Gary. I'll check into that thing and see what's up with it. That's got me thinking (which is always scary). At the bottom of the hill there was an old (early 70's ish) Evinrude 75 outboard for sale a little while ago. It would look cool on the back of that boat !!!!

malcolm
03-12-2006, 12:01 PM
Boy, haven't slept in till noon in quite a while! I'll start working on getting the pics up. Shouldn't take too long. Back in a few.

Captain Assin' Off
03-12-2006, 12:46 PM
All the references of not talking to John, were meant to be directed to Gary, :cool:
Jetster Jeff is hangin' on the couch today, we took a random left to whizz last night, and wound up in probably the nicest neighborhood in the area, but that didn't stop determined relief, so we're whizzin on the sidewalk, in a Flamed Tahoe, not inconspicuious at all, jumped back in , drove to Woodinville, stopped off at a carwash, and power waxed the Tahoe, to get all the rubber off of it, this morning it's still bleeding rubber all over the place! No officer, we haven't had too much to drink, just cuz we're washing an already clean truck, in freezing weather @ midnight in a selfserve carwash, and are the only people doing THAT at that hour! Jesus, I need help... :skull:
But, somehow, I don't think I'll get it from this crowd!
And the degradation begins.....

1968Droptop
03-12-2006, 01:21 PM
Jesus, I need help... :skull: But, somehow, I don't think I'll get it from this crowd!
And the degradation begins.....
Oh I wouldn't say that, just the help we offer isn't the kind of help you need............
"need help with another beer ?"
"need help with another cocktial ?"
"need help up off the floor ?"
"need help getting a bucket ?"
:crossx: :crossx: :crossx: :crossx: :crossx: :crossx: :crossx:
P.S. Still no post from projectile Cris ???

malcolm
03-12-2006, 01:55 PM
What a night! Here's what I saw when I drove in.
http://home1.gte.net/res09phe/porter1.JPG
Then I saw Tony's Sunchaser,
http://home1.gte.net/res09phe/porter2.JPG
http://home1.gte.net/res09phe/porter6.JPG
And Chris(droptop)'s Sanger,
http://home1.gte.net/res09phe/porter4.JPG
Then we went inside to... refill. :)
http://home1.gte.net/res09phe/porter3.JPG
Later, back outside to make a little noise!
http://home1.gte.net/res09phe/porter5.JPG
Hey, why wont that Ford start? :D
http://home1.gte.net/res09phe/porter7.JPG

1968Droptop
03-12-2006, 03:07 PM
Hey, why wont that Ford start? :D
http://home1.gte.net/res09phe/porter7.JPG
That's apperant, look who's standing right next to my boat :crossx: ! And speaking of the Capt., did you tighten the fan belt on that flamed rig ? It sure was sqeeky :D :D :D Those are some great pix Malcolm.

1978 Rogers
03-12-2006, 05:24 PM
I have to apologize for my behavior last night. I haven't been that smashed in a very long time. And for dropping the beer, getting sick. What a mess I was. I must have been the last one to get up today. OUCH. What a night. We had a really good time Chris. I think I'm going to lay on the couch for a while now. For some reason I don't have much energy. :)

1968Droptop
03-12-2006, 06:01 PM
I have to apologize for my behavior last night. I haven't been that smashed in a very long time. And for dropping the beer, getting sick. What a mess I was. I must have been the last one to get up today. OUCH. What a night. We had a really good time Chris. I think I'm going to lay on the couch for a while now. For some reason I don't have much energy. :)
No apologizes needed on our end. We've all been there a time or two. Yes you were a mess (I'm chuckling as I type), but I think there were a couple of us in a close second (you should of seen Tony this morning....YIKES !), and hey it was a LOT of fun !!! I'm guessing the couch and you are currently one with each other :boxed: . Drink lots of water............

JETBOY03
03-12-2006, 06:57 PM
thanks for having us out lastnight chris it was a blast.

JETBOY03
03-12-2006, 06:59 PM
chris did you part with the couch today and get your motor back together?

malcolm
03-12-2006, 08:15 PM
I'm going to guess.... No. :)

1978 Rogers
03-13-2006, 07:20 AM
I'm going to guess.... No. :)
We have a winner. No I stayed on the couch most of the day. I'm still a little groggy this morning.
Chris. Did we leave a DVD, Bugs Life over at your place?

Gayleen
03-13-2006, 09:48 AM
Big Chris and Robin, thanks for the great time. :cool: The Porterosa is a nice place.
Sleepy Chris, whooo. I'm glad that someone was drunker than me. The rest of us has a great time watching you. :messedup:
Austin, I think after Saturday the heat is finally off of you. :D
John are you sure you are up for a bunch of rowdy drunks in your house. Oh, hell, you have seen us at the beach and know what you are getting into. :rollside:

Tahiti350
03-13-2006, 10:08 AM
Thanks Gary. I'll check into that thing and see what's up with it. That's got me thinking (which is always scary). At the bottom of the hill there was an old (early 70's ish) Evinrude 75 outboard for sale a little while ago. It would look cool on the back of that boat !!!!
If you want period perfect my neighbor has a Chrysler Skier 700 (70 hp?) that could be had cheap..

1968Droptop
03-13-2006, 06:26 PM
If you want period perfect my neighbor has a Chrysler Skier 700 (70 hp?) that could be had cheap..
Not sure if I'm LOOKING for one, just an idea. Anything old always gets the old mind a thinking "hmm, that would be cool if it were all fixed up". And that exact thinking gets me in trouble :cool:.
Cris, I'll look for that DVD and let you know. Glad your up and alive ! I bet that was a NASTY hang-over :220v: :220v: :220v: . Can I still mix drinks for you :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ?

1978 Rogers
03-13-2006, 06:44 PM
No, no thank you. I'm good for a while. Luckily I only got sick that night. Just laid in bed most of Sunday.
I'm sure Emily will tell everyone how I really was on the way home. :cry:

malcolm
03-13-2006, 06:45 PM
I think he should've stayed with the beer. Mixing that stuff always gives me a gut ache. :skull:

1978 Rogers
03-13-2006, 06:47 PM
I don't remember much after trying to hook the DVD player to Chris's flat screen. :skull:

1968Droptop
03-13-2006, 06:54 PM
I'm sure Emily will tell everyone how I really was on the way home. :cry:
We're counting on it :cool: :cool: :cool:. As for not remembering, that's a good thing LOL. I hope you know I'm just ribbin ya :rollside: . We had a great time, and can't wait to do it on the water !

Konabud
03-13-2006, 07:49 PM
I don't remember much after trying to hook the DVD player to Chris's flat screen. :skull:
Thats all right we'll remember for you!! They may teach you how to drink at Wazzu but at Renton Vo Tech they teach you how to hold your liquor (required class) :skull: :skull:

jrork
03-13-2006, 08:39 PM
John are you sure you are up for a bunch of rowdy drunks in your house. Oh, hell, you have seen us at the beach and know what you are getting into. :rollside:
No worries guys. Lowes has plywood on sale and I swung by and bought enough to board up all the windows and I'll put blue tarps down on the carpet. We should be good for anything. :D :D :D
At the risk of a repeat performance of this weekends menu, I'll probably BBQ Brats and Burgers. I drink cheap beer and will have some. Not much of a booze drinker so if your'e jones'n for that, bring what you like.
Ya gotta promise me though, I gotta hear what you guys did to Sleepy. :idea:
Matt,
Hope you can make it. Don't know if Silverdale is big enough for you to try to mark your territory though. Awful hard to blend in here in that rig of yours.
P.S. Kids are required at the Rorks.
John

malcolm
03-13-2006, 08:47 PM
OK John, sounds like those precautions should work. :D
So we can't ditch Sabrina at M & D's again? ;)

jrork
03-13-2006, 08:50 PM
No way. Tell her that if Ian can't beat her at Xbox, I can.

malcolm
03-13-2006, 08:54 PM
We'll bring the games! And the dance pad. ;)

jrork
03-14-2006, 07:43 AM
And the dance pad. ;)
Uh oh! You don't wanna see that. Trust me

malcolm
03-14-2006, 08:01 AM
You do if it's the girls on it. ;)

1978 Rogers
03-14-2006, 08:50 AM
So, last night Claire wakes up at 2:00am. Emily asks me to check/change her diaper. Then Emily would feed her when I was done. Well I never got back to sleep. I feel almost worse today than yesterday. I hoping my second winds kicks in pretty soon. :cry:
Ethan wanted to go play at Chase's house yesterday. I think Chase is his new best friend.

Tahiti350
03-14-2006, 08:53 AM
Sierra said the same thing about both Ethan and Chase, does'em good to have others around their own age to play with.

1978 Rogers
03-14-2006, 08:57 AM
I hope its a nice day at the Rorks. It will be good for them to be out side. Me too, away from the bar. :rolleyes: :D

jrork
03-14-2006, 09:06 AM
No worries about the weather. Never rains in Silverdale :rolleyes:

malcolm
03-14-2006, 09:13 AM
No rain huh! Sounds good John (Steve Pool) Rork. :D

1978 Rogers
03-14-2006, 09:45 AM
No worries about the weather. Never rains in Silverdale :rolleyes:
I thought it was Sequim.

1968Droptop
03-14-2006, 03:59 PM
P.S. Kids are required at the Rorks. John
So I guess that means that Matt HAS to be there :p . As for the precautions, you'll also need a real long garden house :wink: .
And Chase has asked the same thing about Ethan and Sierra. He wants them to come to his B-Day party on the 8th.
No worries about the weather. Never rains in Silverdale
So I must be mispronouncing it, it's Sunnydale ???

jrork
03-14-2006, 04:11 PM
So I guess that means that Matt HAS to be there :p .
As for the precautions, you'll also need a real long garden house :wink: .
And Chase has asked the same thing about Ethan and Sierra. He wants them to come to his B-Day party on the 8th.
Sounds like you've got Matt figured out.
Hose I've got but Jan may just sentance us to the garage (like that's punishment :cool: )
Okay, so maybe it rains a little. We've got plenty of cover.

Tahiti350
03-14-2006, 07:17 PM
The 7th is our anniversery, and we are hoping to head to the coast for the weekend, so will be out of town for Chase's B-day party, sorry.

1978 Rogers
03-14-2006, 07:44 PM
So I guess that means that Matt HAS to be there :p . As for the precautions, you'll also need a real long garden house :wink: .
I'm pretty sure we can make iton the 8th. Have to check the calender. Ethan over heard me ask about Chase's party. He came running wanting to see him. :)
I re-call in being Cloudydale.

malcolm
03-14-2006, 08:16 PM
Hose I've got but Jan may just sentance us to the garage (like that's punishment :cool: )
I hope your garage is warmer than Droptop's ;)

jrork
03-15-2006, 05:06 AM
I gotcha covered there. No worries

Tahiti350
03-15-2006, 08:55 AM
Yep,
Just run the Boat until the headers glow, and it should heat the garage for about an hour!!! Remeber blueing adds character :rolleyes:

Konabud
03-15-2006, 12:57 PM
Yeah, just have Tony bring his boat over and give him a few beers! Matt's good for the same thing except it stinks like fan belt. :D

Gayleen
03-15-2006, 02:00 PM
A space heater will accomplish the same thing, but:
doesn't stink
blue or crack headers
make sooooo much noise (I know, noise is a good thing. Hard to talk over.)
John, I think that Sabrina will have a better time at Grandma and Grandpa's. Not to mention that we get to sleep in the next morning.

Captain Assin' Off
03-15-2006, 07:52 PM
I have a serpentine belt, they don't squawk much, they are made of rubber however. I think I remember leaving a little witness mark in someones driveway though :rolleyes: Maybe I missed something, I was drinking y'know... :p

1978 Rogers
03-16-2006, 09:16 AM
I Maybe I missed something, I was drinking y'know... :p
Now your sounding like me. :)

malcolm
03-16-2006, 09:06 PM
Were you even there Chris? I don't remember seeing you there. :D
There was this guy that looked a lot like you, but he was loud and acting really strange. :)

Gayleen
03-17-2006, 09:15 AM
Chris, will you be bringing formula, for the baby. Emily can do the drinking and you can do the baby feeding. Sounds fair/fun to me.

malcolm
03-17-2006, 01:02 PM
Yeah, I think Emily might go for that. ;)

malcolm
03-17-2006, 01:03 PM
I got some more done on the engine today. I'll post some pics tonight.

Captain Assin' Off
03-17-2006, 07:06 PM
Were you even there Chris? I don't remember seeing you there. :D
There was this guy that looked a lot like you, but he was loud and acting really strange. :)
He was my friend that night! :devil:

malcolm
03-17-2006, 08:02 PM
I got the other head put together and bolted on.
http://home1.gte.net/res09phe/build21.JPG
Finally, getting to make some stuff look good! :D
http://home1.gte.net/res09phe/build23.JPG

1968Droptop
03-18-2006, 09:15 AM
Anyone else wake up to a couple inches of snow today :mad: :mad: :mad: . I'm really getting tired of winter. Last forecast I saw was middle 50's on Sunday, guess not !
P.S. Malcolm the engine looks great ! I bet your excited to paint that thing.

malcolm
03-18-2006, 09:50 AM
It almost got cold enough though. It was 38* last night when the big downpour hit.
I almost got it painted, just ran out of time after the intake. :boxed:

1978 Rogers
03-18-2006, 07:48 PM
Yeah, I think Emily might go for that. ;)
yeah, She pumps at work. So I might have to bring a couple frozen breast milk cycles for Claire. :rollside:
Snow. :mad: It was nice and warm here in Sequim this weekend. Little windy/cloudy.

Captain Assin' Off
03-18-2006, 10:41 PM
yeah, She pumps at work. So I might have to bring a couple frozen breast milk cycles for Claire. :rollside:
Snow. :mad: It was nice and warm here in Sequim this weekend. Little windy/cloudy.
I pump at work too, but I don't brag about it! ( I HAD to take advantage, you understand...) :skull: :skull:

1968Droptop
03-18-2006, 11:56 PM
yeah, She pumps at work. So I might have to bring a couple frozen breast milk cycles for Claire.
Man I don't even know what to say ??? Or what not to say. What a
LOADED phrase :cool: :cool: :cool: .

jrork
03-19-2006, 09:38 AM
Man I don't even know what to say ??? Or what not to say. What a
LOADED phase :cool: :cool: :cool: .
Yup. I'm not entirely comfortable with the direction this thread is going either.

malcolm
03-19-2006, 11:54 AM
I drove through the other day and saw something pretty cool.
http://home1.gte.net/res09phe/snohotrail.JPG
A spot for everyone to watch us as we all drive through. ;)

1968Droptop
03-19-2006, 01:30 PM
A spot for everyone to watch us as we all drive through. ;)
We can get all the way up to the city of Snohomish ? That would be waaayyy
C :rollside: :rollside: L.

JETBOY03
03-19-2006, 02:35 PM
oh man you had to show that picture on a day like today. man im itchin to get the boat wet.

Captain Assin' Off
03-19-2006, 05:55 PM
The Police Dept. probably requested the sidewalk, so they have a place to monitor us. That was a dirt trail last year, but during the car show weekend, we all should make a drive by! We could tie up, and walk the show also. We can make it up to the 522 bridge, but you have to be careful of changing gravel bars along the way, Chris. It's such a beautiful run, and the drift back downstream is all the better.

1968Droptop
03-19-2006, 07:30 PM
The Police Dept. probably requested the sidewalk, so they have a place to monitor us. That was a dirt trail last year, but during the car show weekend, we all should make a drive by! We could tie up, and walk the show also. We can make it up to the 522 bridge, but you have to be careful of changing gravel bars along the way, Chris. It's such a beautiful run, and the drift back downstream is all the better.
The car show weekend sounds like a GREAT idea. All of our boats running up the river would sure get some attention. Is there a place to tie off to and walk up ? That REALLY sounds like fun ! When is the big show ?

malcolm
03-20-2006, 08:22 AM
There are a few car/bike shows in Snohomish every year. I'll see if I can figure out when they are and post 'em up.

1968Droptop
03-20-2006, 06:37 PM
There are a few car/bike shows in Snohomish every year. I'll see if I can figure out when they are and post 'em up.
I was out there delivering today. I asked a couple of my customers and they said the big show is on Sunday. I was kinda hoping it would be a Saturday if you know what I mean.

Captain Assin' Off
03-20-2006, 07:49 PM
The Snohomish shows are always good. Hell, Chris, we could enter a couple of our cars, cruise up the river to see if we won any prizes! The wander around is all good too. They really are big deals, and we ALWAYS draw a crowd with the boats...

malcolm
03-20-2006, 08:30 PM
I just got home, so I haven't been able to find out any dates yet. Yeah the big ones are on Sunday.

1978 Rogers
03-20-2006, 08:32 PM
Check out this guy. ID is "Franky", he's got a few other pics. :rollside: http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/521/2622in_poool-med.JPG

48OFF
03-20-2006, 11:37 PM
Hey everyone. Has anyone heard from Vern? Are you going to do a party weekend at moses even if he doesnt want us at his place? Get that boat going Malcolm. Eric 48OFF

malcolm
03-21-2006, 07:48 AM
Chris, looks like we got the whole story on the pool boat. Pretty cool!
Eric, I heard from Vern once. He just said things were busy for them at the moment and a get together in July sounded good to him. We just can't seem to nail down a good date. If I get my boat done, I wouldn't mind going over sooner.

malcolm
03-24-2006, 07:56 PM
Here's the pics for this week...
http://home1.gte.net/res09phe/build24.JPG
It finally looks like something
http://home1.gte.net/res09phe/build25.JPG
http://home1.gte.net/res09phe/build26.JPG
And then with the brass plugs wiped out
http://home1.gte.net/res09phe/build27.JPG

jrork
03-24-2006, 08:31 PM
Looks good Malcolm. Sorry you had to cover up the purdy timing set...Bummer

1968Droptop
03-26-2006, 07:31 AM
Here's the pics for this week...
Right on Malcolm, they look great. Looking forward to next weeks pix !!!

Harley5229
04-04-2006, 07:30 PM
Hey, So I am new to this website and this group - but I see there are some people here who live around me. I am in Buckley. I myself do not own a hot boat but I was raised around them...my father is already on here, he goes by Wicked Performance Boats in Boulder City NV. Anyway, would love to know about various events in the NW!

jrork
04-04-2006, 07:46 PM
Hey welcome Harley. Glad your dad has shamed you into coming onboard. Tell him hi sometime and that he still owes me a visit. Sorry to hear about your grandma.
We're gonna try to get together at our place in Silverdale on the 15th and if you're open, swing on by. Maybe you can talk one of these big hitters to ordering up one of your dads hulls.
If you're interested, I'll send you the directions. It's a good bunch though there seems to be a few that have been deceived into thinking that a Ford "engine" is better than a Chev. :yuk:

Harley5229
04-04-2006, 07:51 PM
Hey thanks for the invite but I will be on Vashon that day...but please keep me posted of events in the future - especially with summer and hopefully better weather coming...!!!!
Yeah -my dad's hull's are nice...I'll have to talk him into letting me handle the marketing up here in the NW!

jrork
04-04-2006, 08:11 PM
Hey thanks for the invite but I will be on Vashon that day...but please keep me posted of events in the future - especially with summer and hopefully better weather coming...!!!!
Yeah -my dad's hull's are nice...I'll have to talk him into letting me handle the marketing up here in the NW!
Consider it done though ya gotta admit this weather will give ya the itch. Say hi to you dad and keep in touch.........John

malcolm
04-05-2006, 08:13 AM
I got my rockers on finally
http://home1.gte.net/res09phe/build28.JPG
Now to get the intake bolted on...
Welcome Harley5229 or can we call you Budlight Jr? :D

Harley5229
04-06-2006, 02:46 PM
Yeah - gotta get permission from pops to be called Budlight Jr....although Jr sounds a little masculine for me, so maybe Budlight Bambina???

malcolm
04-06-2006, 05:41 PM
Well, heck! I guess I blew that one. :p

jrork
04-06-2006, 06:07 PM
Yep, you walked right into that one..... :redface: :redface:
Forgive him Harley. He's from Snohomish.......... :D

1968Droptop
04-06-2006, 06:11 PM
I guess I blew that one. :p
I'll keep quiet...LOL !

malcolm
04-06-2006, 07:37 PM
Yeah, I've heard enough from the Enumclaw peanut gallery for one day. :lightsabe

1978 Rogers
04-07-2006, 06:29 AM
Yeah, I've heard enough from the Enumclaw peanut gallery for one day. :lightsabe
But not the Puyallup gallery. Thank you Malcolm.

Gayleen
04-07-2006, 09:10 AM
Yeah - gotta get permission from pops to be called Budlight Jr....although Jr sounds a little masculine for me, so maybe Budlight Bambina???
I like Budlight Bambina. Welcome, another girlie, whoo hoo! A few more of us and we can gang up on the guys.

Harley5229
04-07-2006, 01:20 PM
Maybe Brittney the Budlight Bambina from Buckley? Great to see some female persuasion on here! It helps when the discussion gets a little too... "had to fix my 4-cylinder 1200cc do hickie with the Chevy big block headers so I can race in the crackerbox grand somethin' anothers"....

Wicked Performance Boats
04-07-2006, 01:25 PM
I got my rockers on finally
http://home1.gte.net/res09phe/build28.JPG
Now to get the intake bolted on...
Welcome Harley5229 or can we call you Budlight Jr? :D
On the Budlight Jr. NO!!!!!!! Our son has that title!!! Mr. & Mrs. WICKED Performance Boats

malcolm
04-07-2006, 05:24 PM
OK, 4B it is! :D
It's not like she gave any hints back there, how was I to know it wasn't your son? :rollside:

1978 Rogers
04-07-2006, 06:46 PM
OK, 4B it is! :D
It's not like she gave any hints back there, how was I to know it wasn't your son? :rollside:
I don't get nick names for our user names. It goes from Brittney to Harley is now 4B. Whats wrong with just Harley? :idea:

jrork
04-07-2006, 06:50 PM
Is it just me or is everyone enjoying Malcolm try to explain his way out of assumng Harley was a guy.... :D :D
Hey BL, tell your daughter to blow off the Vashon trip and come over to our place on the 15th.
Wait a minute, our daughter never has listened to me so I guess it's not likely that she's gonna listen to you either........

jrork
04-07-2006, 06:51 PM
I don't get nick names for our user names. It goes from Brittney to Harley is now 4B. Whats wrong with just Harley? :idea:
Whatever Sleepy

1978 Rogers
04-07-2006, 06:52 PM
Whatever Sleepy
Exactly, Chris=1978 Rogers=Sleepy or Projectile.

jrork
04-07-2006, 07:46 PM
I'll stick with Sleepy :D

1978 Rogers
04-07-2006, 07:52 PM
I'll stick with Sleepy :D
Thank you for your support. :rolleyes: :D

malcolm
04-07-2006, 10:06 PM
OK, that does it. Chris is now PC. :D

malcolm
04-07-2006, 10:08 PM
Is it just me or is everyone enjoying Malcolm try to explain his way out of assumng Harley was a guy.... :D :D
Yeah, like any of you knew.....

jrork
04-07-2006, 10:24 PM
Yeah, like any of you knew.....
I knew the whole time. Honest.............

1968Droptop
04-07-2006, 11:28 PM
PC=Projectile Chris<<<<<<<PERFECT....LOL !!!

Harley5229
04-08-2006, 07:11 AM
Well now that you know I am female we can go back to Harley or whatever you feel like calling me (from the above selection, not just any word in the dictionary)!
To explain myself - Harley5229 comes from a 10lb lop rabbit I used to have as a pet (Harley), who actually came from a rabbit fair at the Enumclaw Fairgrounds, and on our way home we were passed by a bunch of guys on Harley's...and we'll that one is easy to guess. The 5229, just an old house number I had years ago. So, not that exciting - 4B is more exciting that what I have now....
I hope everyone has a great weekend - we are off to Pacific Raceways to help a buddy get some practice runs in before the seasons starts - let's hope it doesn't rain!

1968Droptop
04-08-2006, 08:36 AM
I hope everyone has a great weekend - we are off to Pacific Raceways to help a buddy get some practice runs in before the seasons starts - let's hope it doesn't rain!
What is he/she practicing, 1/4 mile, road race, or dirt track ?

malcolm
04-08-2006, 09:01 AM
What is he/she practicing?
HA-HA! Now we're all gun shy! :D

malcolm
04-08-2006, 09:43 AM
http://home1.gte.net/res09phe/build29.JPG

1968Droptop
04-08-2006, 10:02 AM
http://home1.gte.net/res09phe/build29.JPG
Nice..........those valve covers look really good painted to match the block too ! Is your engine open or enclosed ? It'd be a shame to cover it up :cry: .

Harley5229
04-08-2006, 10:30 AM
What is he/she practicing, 1/4 mile, road race, or dirt track ?
HE does the 1/4 mile track - has a '69 Chevelle sponsored by Dakota Concrete. Anyway, it got rained out so we'll have to wait for another day...too bad! But just being there gets me excited for racing season!

Blown Away
04-08-2006, 11:30 AM
Nice..........those valve covers look really good painted to match the block too ! Is your engine open or enclosed ? It'd be a shame to cover it up :cry: .
Hey :rollside:

malcolm
04-08-2006, 12:24 PM
Yes, it's got a motor box cover over it, but I have been known to leave it at home along with the back two jump seats. ;)

1968Droptop
04-08-2006, 12:45 PM
Hey :rollside:
Had fun Tony, thanks !!!

1968Droptop
04-08-2006, 12:46 PM
HE does the 1/4 mile track - has a '69 Chevelle sponsored by Dakota Concrete. Anyway, it got rained out so we'll have to wait for another day...too bad! But just being there gets me excited for racing season!
Right on, always nice to have a sponsor, especially when you need MORE parts !!!! Bummer it got rained out, in April it's always a crap shoot when it comes to the weather.

Gayleen
04-08-2006, 04:38 PM
I have to ask the important question. Who is "He"?
BTW, I'm Malcolm's wife and we have an almost 8 year old daughter Sabrina. Chris', I know you both know that.

Blown Away
04-08-2006, 07:07 PM
Had fun Tony, thanks !!!
Chris,Thanks for the beer that was fun. Well just picked up all the stereo stuff I don't think I've ever spent so much on something that won't make me go faster, plus the stuff seems to weight alot :cry:

Harley5229
04-08-2006, 07:52 PM
I have to ask the important question. Who is "He"?
BTW, I'm Malcolm's wife and we have an almost 8 year old daughter Sabrina. Chris', I know you both know that.
Well he who races is our friend Jon. But I am married and my husbands name is Ty. No kids just dogs and cats and a small feral mouse in our garage! We all will have to meet up sometime. We know almost no one in the area!

Harley5229
04-08-2006, 08:19 PM
Hey check out the thread in the SPAM section on "NW'rs Boat/Car Photos" - let me know if anyone is interested.
Brittney

1978 Rogers
04-09-2006, 09:45 AM
Well he who races is our friend Jon. But I am married and my husbands name is Ty. No kids just dogs and cats and a small feral mouse in our garage! We all will have to meet up sometime. We know almost no one in the area!
How long have you guys been in the area? We live just below you in downtown Puyallup, right on the North side of the fair ground.

jrork
04-09-2006, 10:42 AM
Hey check out the thread in the SPAM section on "NW'rs Boat/Car Photos" - let me know if anyone is interested.
Brittney
Hey Harley, there's some REALLY (yep yelling :crossx: ) nice boats out there so I'm sure somebody will take you up on it. If my coupe was back together I'd probably do it as well.
Thanks for the offer and hope to see you soon

Harley5229
04-09-2006, 11:07 AM
How long have you guys been in the area? We live just below you in downtown Puyallup, right on the North side of the fair ground.
Well see I am from the NW area, grew up on Vashon, so I know lots of people, but not many people into boating or fast cars anymore. And ever since we moved to Buckley about 2 years ago we know almost no one out here...
We are in Puyallup quite a bit - in fact I just came from the mall area this morning. I love the old downtown Puyallup. We had our wedding rehearsal dinner at the Old Liberty theater!
Hopefully we'll be able to meet everyone at some summer events - we're hoping to catch the boar races in May at Spanaway Lake.

1968Droptop
04-09-2006, 11:09 AM
Chris,Thanks for the beer that was fun. Well just picked up all the stereo stuff I don't think I've ever spent so much on something that won't make me go faster, plus the stuff seems to weight alot :cry:
What were you thinking ??? Just imagine yourself 10 years ago, would you
ever think of spending a bunch of $$$ on something that slowed you down :cool: . We're getting old :mad: ...LOL ! Seriously though, it'll be nice to have tunes, and with today's equipment, the sound should be incredible !!!!

Harley5229
04-09-2006, 11:10 AM
Hey Harley, there's some REALLY (yep yelling :crossx: ) nice boats out there so I'm sure somebody will take you up on it. If my coupe was back together I'd probably do it as well.
Thanks for the offer and hope to see you soon
Thanks! We usually get the most photos when we just travel to car shows and snap a bunch of pics. But boating photos is new to us so we'll have to grab some shots when we are out and about.
Thanks again for the support!

1968Droptop
04-09-2006, 11:10 AM
We all will have to meet up sometime. We know almost no one in the area!
I live right next to you in Enumclaw, and Tony does as well. We'll have to make sure you get out on a boat sometime with us.

Captain Assin' Off
04-09-2006, 01:40 PM
Like Chris says, we'll get you on a boat, this summer, and the hook will be set. This is getting to be an outstanding crowd of rats, with lots of help, and support from one another. I really am glad to finally have Tony and __lynn, ( I can't remember if it's jay, or ga) This guy can save us years of experimenting and trial and error, from his years dealing with this stuff. The best part, is none of us likes to drink, or break the law! Wanna go to church? :crossx:

jrork
04-09-2006, 02:42 PM
Wanna go to church? :crossx:
Uh, no! Not there's anything wrong with it but it cuts into the boating time:crossx:
I know, I'll probaby die in my sleep tonight.............................

1978 Rogers
04-09-2006, 03:00 PM
Like Chris says, we'll get you on a boat, this summer, and the hook will be set. This is getting to be an outstanding crowd of rats, with lots of help, and support from one another. I really am glad to finally have Tony and __lynn, ( I can't remember if it's jay, or ga) This guy can save us years of experimenting and trial and error, from his years dealing with this stuff. The best part, is none of us likes to drink, or break the law! Wanna go to church? :crossx:
Every April Bellerman Prep in Tacoma has a Crab feed. Cost $40 per person. It all the crab you can eat, beer/wine you can drink. It goes from 7 to midnight. The place is sold out every year. Think of a HS gymnasium packed with large tables. Its a blast. I wish all church was like this and you also have to give credit to the private school. I'd like to see a public school throw a bash like that. :crossx:

Harley5229
04-09-2006, 03:46 PM
I live right next to you in Enumclaw, and Tony does as well. We'll have to make sure you get out on a boat sometime with us.
Yeah - We'd love to get out sometime- usually my only boating comes from my 1-2x a year trip down to see my dad and everyone on the Colorado River. Those weekends just get me fired up and then they are over. Too bad my dad couldn't be up here to chat with ya - he has more knowledge on this stuff than anyone I know.
Everyone here seems like a great group - thanks!

Harley5229
04-09-2006, 03:49 PM
Every April Bellerman Prep in Tacoma has a Crab feed. Cost $40 per person. It all the crab you can eat, beer/wine you can drink. It goes from 7 to midnight. The place is sold out every year. Think of a HS gymnasium packed with large tables. Its a blast. I wish all church was like this and you also have to give credit to the private school. I'd like to see a public school throw a bash like that. :crossx:
All a public school could do would be to throw an imitation crab feed - doesn't that sound good?
A real crab feed sounds so yummy - is it dinnertime yet?

1968Droptop
04-09-2006, 04:52 PM
Your right Matt, we don't like to drink, we LOVE to drink.........burp, excuse me :cool:.
P.S. I belive it's Jealynn.

Harley5229
04-13-2006, 05:49 PM
Your right Matt, we don't like to drink, we LOVE to drink.........burp, excuse me :cool:.
P.S. I belive it's Jealynn.
wow - suddenly the posting stopped....funny

Harley5229
04-13-2006, 05:55 PM
Hey so this is not boat related but I have a blog on myspace that I posted today and about an issue I am very passionate about and is more directly related to people in the Pacific Northwest. It's about a sports park for active recreation - along the lines of lacrosse, rugby, ultimate. etc. We're on the verge of losing the park, which will be located adjacent to Pacific Raceways. If you could, please read my blog and if anyone knows of someone that can help - please don't hesitate to contact one of us.
www.myspace.com/brittneymcbride
If you don't have a myspace account I can send you some of the documents in an email - just let me know how to reach you.
Thank you - again sorry not boat related but I am trying to network and reach some new people....
Brittney

jrork
04-13-2006, 08:56 PM
Hi ya Harley. Haven't quite figured out that Myspace bit though my son uses it. Hell, I just the other day figured out what a blog was.......jeez I feel old....
Besides, isn't everyone my age perverts on that thing?
Oh wait a minute! I am a Pervert.........

1978 Rogers
04-13-2006, 09:01 PM
Hi ya Harley. Haven't quite figured out that Myspace bit though my son uses it. Hell, I just the other day figured out what a blog was.......jeez I feel old....
Besides, isn't everyone my age perverts on that thing?
Oh wait a minute! I am a Pervert.........
Speaking of your generations. Blue Oyster Cult is playing at the Emerald Queen. Just saw the add a min ago on TV. "We need more cow bell, or my name isn't Bruce Dickenson". :)

Scoobinator
04-13-2006, 09:04 PM
Hey everyone there is a meeting for all the jet boaters at the 84th and hosmer street in tacoma at a pizza joint on saturday the 15th around 5pm Im not sure what the name is but if you know tacoma its easy to find and i'm sure some of you on here already know about it

jrork
04-13-2006, 09:09 PM
Speaking of your generations. Blue Oyster Cult is playing at the Emerald Queen. Just saw the add a min ago on TV. "We need more cow bell, or my name isn't Bruce Dickenson". :)
Last thing I want to see is a bunch of gray haired geezers staggering around like theyre young. Jeez, I do that every day getting out of the shower.
Besides, I'm more of a Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young kinda guy (wait a minute, does that sound gay?).

jrork
04-13-2006, 09:11 PM
Hey everyone there is a meeting for all the jet boaters at the 84th and hosmer street in tacoma at a pizza joint on saturday the 15th around 5pm Im not sure what the name is but if you know tacoma its easy to find and i'm sure some of you on here already know about it
Hey Scoob, we've got something going at our place at the same time. Are you up here or still down in SD? If you're around, hitch up with the bunch and head this way. I can get you the directions.

malcolm
04-13-2006, 09:20 PM
Don't worry about them John, that's just our overflow party. :D

jrork
04-13-2006, 09:26 PM
:D

1978 Rogers
04-13-2006, 09:27 PM
Yeah, this is the Pietro's Pizzia Tony was talking about.

Scoobinator
04-13-2006, 09:33 PM
Hey Scoob, we've got something going at our place at the same time. Are you up here or still down in SD? If you're around, hitch up with the bunch and head this way. I can get you the directions.
Yes im here in Tacoma for a couple of weeks but there is gonna be like 10-20 people at this pizza joint and it might last awhile but there will be some good trips that were all planning and a trip to the classic beach bash on the colorodo river near Laughlin Nevada in August12-13th if you or anybody else want to join feel free

Scoobinator
04-13-2006, 09:35 PM
Yeah, this is the Pietro's Pizzia Tony was talking about.
thanks I couldnt remember the name of it

malcolm
04-13-2006, 09:36 PM
I think we'll have more. :D

1978 Rogers
04-13-2006, 09:39 PM
I think we'll have more. :D
yeah, me to. To bad there are 2 on the same day. Oh well.

malcolm
04-13-2006, 09:51 PM
What a bunch of copy cats. :D

Blown Away
04-14-2006, 06:28 AM
What a bunch of copy cats. :D
Yeah my intent was to bring these people with me,until the crowd got to large plus some of these people felt that silverdale was a bit to far for them. So we thought we would meet in tacoma get some of the summer plans straight,then a few of us truck on down to rorks.I think the it would be really cool to get everyone at the same place at least once this summer!!

jrork
04-14-2006, 07:17 AM
Yeah my intent was to bring these people with me,until the crowd got to large plus some of these people felt that silverdale was a bit to far for them. So we thought we would meet in tacoma get some of the summer plans straight,then a few of us truck on down to rorks.I think the it would be really cool to get everyone at the same place at least once this summer!!
Great. I look forward to meeting you and Jealynn.
Do me a favor though and tell the bunch of bums that Silverdale is not the end of the world. :D
Only takes 1/2 hour to get here from Tacoma. Drive it everyday.
Take care

1978 Rogers
04-14-2006, 08:12 AM
It seems we turned this into Rork's party thread. :D

jrork
04-14-2006, 09:33 AM
So what's your point? :lightsabe

Harley5229
04-14-2006, 12:56 PM
you guys are really rubbing it in that your all getting to hang out this weekend - makes some of us jealous! But I'd drive all the way to Silverdale to hang out if I didn't already have plans...and this nasty cold! Snap some shots and then post them for us!

jrork
04-14-2006, 01:31 PM
you guys are really rubbing it in that your all getting to hang out this weekend - makes some of us jealous! But I'd drive all the way to Silverdale to hang out if I didn't already have plans...and this nasty cold! Snap some shots and then post them for us!
Again with the "all the way to Silverdale". Come on, OPEC needs your money.
Harley, we'll do our best with the pictures. Wish you could come and wish even more that dear old dad would float you a new Wicked Performance Boat..... :D