PDA

View Full Version : Havasu business ..... what would you do?

TheCarDudes
11-15-2007, 10:26 PM
No, not thinkin' of dumping Cali for Havi. Just curious to hear what everyone's opinion is on what kind of a new business (or old one revamped) would make it (or not) in Havasu. This could be service based, retail merchandise, food, etc. Anything. I figure since there is a wide variety of peeps from locals to out-of-towners, this should get a good mix.
Is there anything missing that you would use or have seen elsewhere that would work well in Havi?
Case & Point: GOLDEN CORAL. Obviously they planned the opening at the beginning of snow bird season. Lets see how they do when its 120 plus and all the blue hairs have hit the high road.

INSman
11-15-2007, 10:28 PM
I have a few ideas, but they are already under "development" ;)

TheCarDudes
11-15-2007, 10:32 PM
Nice. SIG baby. You never know when someone else's point of view sheds a bit different light on any idea, eh comrad?

Magic34
11-15-2007, 10:37 PM
Needle disinfecting with home delivery.

TheCarDudes
11-15-2007, 10:38 PM
Needle disinfecting with home delivery.
Shouldn't you be busy laying up a boat or sniffin' some resin (sp)? You have your new business.

pw_Tony
11-15-2007, 10:42 PM
Hookah Bar.... ;)

INSman
Nice. SIG baby. You never know when someone else's point of view sheds a bit different light on any idea, eh comrad?
Claro que si

TheCarDudes
Hookah Bar.... ;)
Thought about that. Don't want any goons lookin' for handouts. :(

TheCarDudes
11-15-2007, 10:43 PM
Claro que si
Wow. You got that learn spanish in 10 easy lessons? Pretty friggin good for avarage white boy.:D

Magic34
11-15-2007, 10:44 PM
Shouldn't you be busy laying up a boat or sniffin' some resin (sp)? You have your new business.
Waiting for a Dyson to go on sale. Those fockers are expensive, but I guess they are the best? You know our motto... Only the best vacufusion process with tornado like suction process.
Other than that, everything else is done. Business is easy if you keep the employees to a minimum.

pw_Tony
11-15-2007, 10:48 PM
Just by seeing how busy they are in San Diego county.... I would figure one in Havasu or Bullhead would do really great, along with a full bar in it as well, maybe some food. It would be the only one around so prices are set to the demand. One day.....

RiverDave
11-15-2007, 11:02 PM
No, not thinkin' of dumping Cali for Havi. Just curious to hear what everyone's opinion is on what kind of a new business (or old one revamped) would make it (or not) in Havasu. This could be service based, retail merchandise, food, etc. Anything. I figure since there is a wide variety of peeps from locals to out-of-towners, this should get a good mix.
Is there anything missing that you would use or have seen elsewhere that would work well in Havi?
Case & Point: GOLDEN CORAL. Obviously they planned the opening at the beginning of snow bird season. Lets see how they do when its 120 plus and all the blue hairs have hit the high road.
Not sure how you'd insure it, but if you could find a couple of responsible younger guys, that would do a few different services I couldn't imagine not being busy summer and winter..
Summer - Pick boat up from location, fill with fuel and put in water. Drive boat to mechanics (or mobil mechanic?) for service, etc..
Winter - Basic handyman service, and home "light" home improvements.. (basic fix it stuff.. toilet valves, basic home theatre etc..) Hell even if they just supervised the local workers to make sure they are their and working people would pay, just to know what's going on with their homes etc..
I could see some problems arrising with the boat thing.. I.E. "This scratch wasn't there" but it seems if you provide a quality service (I.E. John Bravada attn to detail back in the day) then you don't really seem to have those problems.
RD

BigDoug
11-15-2007, 11:19 PM
Dave, we already do this for many of you guys and not a day goes by that i don't think of something similar as a scratch or dent wasn't there before, who else are you going to blame (the detailer) iv'e been lucky and only a selected few get this treatment when we both have an understanding that is !! :D

DeltaSigBoater
11-15-2007, 11:25 PM
No matter what business you're in, food, retail, etc., you always run the possibility of people $haking you down.

SOCALDETAIL1
11-15-2007, 11:39 PM
Dave, we already do this for many of you guys and not a day goes by that i don't think of something similar as a scratch or dent wasn't there before, who else are you going to blame (the detailer) iv'e been lucky and only a selected few get this treatment when we both have an understanding that is !! :D
Hey Doug I thought we were the guys that take out the scratches????:D

Magic34
11-15-2007, 11:56 PM
Seriously though, from everything I have read about Havasu business.....
A good contractor that shows up and gets the job done on time would be a hit in Havasu.
A landscape company that does the same as above would do well also. My neighbors own the company that did Orville's house and they sent a crew from Phoenix for multiple months to do the job. It was a $500k+ job and no one in Havasu showed the commitment to get it done, so he had to go with a Phoenix company.

HavasuSelect
11-15-2007, 11:59 PM
Just by seeing how busy they are in San Diego county.... I would figure one in Havasu or Bullhead would do really great, along with a full bar in it as well, maybe some food. It would be the only one around so prices are set to the demand. One day.....
This is already in the works. The Greek Grill is adding on a Hookah Bar to their restaurant. Their located on McCulloch. Really good food.....

phebus
11-16-2007, 06:05 AM
I would love to see a Pick Up Stix, and a Baja Fresh.

voodoomedman
11-16-2007, 06:30 AM
I would love to see a Pick Up Stix, and a Baja Fresh.
That's the ticket. I've thought about a Baja Fresh but they want too much money and you have to have ran a restaurant before. But something like that would be a hit there. If it makes money in Cali then the Cali folks will want to go there on vacation. I would think locals and snowbirds would hit it up too. Chico's Taco's is a good joint but there is something about people and going to well known franchises whether they are actually good or not. Baja Fresh or Rubio's would do fine there I think.

new2cats
11-16-2007, 07:09 AM
This is no joke:
A nice rehab facility with a new building and hot nurses given out Methadone......or, a rehab program on a houseboat anchored in the middle of the lake so they tweekers and dopers cannot go find "junk"!
There would be a waiting list longer than the line at Windsor on the 4th!
Insurance pays for it so the $$$$ is solid.

new2cats
11-16-2007, 07:10 AM
PS- The food service business sucks...we had 6 upscale sushi bars and the theft is horrible...forget about food if you have a family, girlfriend, kids or just want a LIFE!!!! Trust me on this!!!

XFactor
11-16-2007, 07:27 AM
I'd re-think a new business in Havasu right now. Economy is down and doom is on the horizon. You won't even recognize the real-estate market next year. I'd guess at least a 15% decline in pricing and houses will sit on the market for a loooooooooooong time. Don't mean to be Mr. Negative, but vacation areas take a heavy hit when the economy slides. Havasu is a unique vacation spot because it's so heavily invested in equity by it vacationers. I'd wait for some positive economical signs before investing in that economy. Unless your willing to start a refurbishing company for forclosed housing. :)

Not So Fast
11-16-2007, 07:27 AM
Seriously though, from everything I have read about Havasu business.....
A good contractor that shows up and gets the job done on time would be a hit in Havasu.
A landscape company that does the same as above would do well also. My neighbors own the company that did Orville's house and they sent a crew from Phoenix for multiple months to do the job. It was a $500k+ job and no one in Havasu showed the commitment to get it done, so he had to go with a Phoenix company.
Well, not saying they were at fault or anything but if you notice they have removed all of the giant rocks and if I'm correct the Queen palms either died or were also removed, they dont do well in the extreme heat. This was no small under taking as these were very large rocks and looked like they were all hand placed, actually crane placed. As I understand Orville marches to his own drummer so to speak, so maybe he changed his mind AGAIN. This I have heard is his M.O.:idea:
I know that River Action Landscaping has made it because he shows up when scheduled and gets the work done! NSF

HocusPocus
11-16-2007, 08:18 AM
A good donut shop. :)

catman-do
11-16-2007, 08:32 AM
Open up a Bev-MO'. You could sell all the beer and liqour in the summer to the young party crowd, and wine all winter to the snowbirds.

SummerBreeze
11-16-2007, 08:47 AM
strip Club

Ziggy
11-16-2007, 08:55 AM
Ice and water.......home delivery

pw_Tony
11-16-2007, 09:33 AM
This is already in the works. The Greek Grill is adding on a Hookah Bar to their restaurant. Their located on McCulloch. Really good food.....
Damn!

DeltaSigBoater
11-16-2007, 10:07 AM
Open up a Bev-MO'. You could sell all the beer and liqour in the summer to the young party crowd, and wine all winter to the snowbirds.
Now thats a good Idea :D

Moneypitt
11-16-2007, 10:34 AM
How about a lawnmower repair shop.......I've never seen one there or in BHC, Parker......By appointment only............MP

cxr133
11-16-2007, 10:39 AM
Not sure how you'd insure it, but if you could find a couple of responsible younger guys, that would do a few different services I couldn't imagine not being busy summer and winter..
RD
From what i understand from the Bullhead area the problem is that... all the able, young workers are not reliable because most of them are Meth heads.

SOCALDETAIL1
11-16-2007, 10:55 AM
Remember PINK DOT? A liquor store that delivers :D

Not So Fast
11-16-2007, 11:02 AM
strip Club
They prefer to be called a "Gentlemens Club", Geeze:D NSF

TheCarDudes
11-16-2007, 03:58 PM
They prefer to be called a "Gentlemens Club", Geeze:D NSF
I like titti bar.

Kilrtoy
11-16-2007, 04:04 PM
There food is OK, prices are high and protions are small

3 daytona`s
11-16-2007, 04:22 PM
From what i understand from the Bullhead area the problem is that... all the able, young workers are not reliable because most of them are Meth heads.
I have many great young kids in my neighborhood,so don`t throw all in the can and talk trash about them.I have to wonder why many have given up no one gives them a chance or credit:(

intense
11-16-2007, 07:37 PM
WTF is a protion?:D

Magic34
11-16-2007, 08:04 PM
Well, not saying they were at fault or anything but if you notice they have removed all of the giant rocks and if I'm correct the Queen palms either died or were also removed, they dont do well in the extreme heat. This was no small under taking as these were very large rocks and looked like they were all hand placed, actually crane placed. As I understand Orville marches to his own drummer so to speak, so maybe he changed his mind AGAIN. This I have heard is his M.O.:idea:
I know that River Action Landscaping has made it because he shows up when scheduled and gets the work done! NSF
He changed his mind.... 3 times on that water feature after it has been done and the crews are gone. They tried to talk him out of it because each time they redo it is a 5 figure bill to do so.
I have to give Orville credit... The man likes it the way he wants it and regardless of what dollar figure it takes, he wants it his way.
If you have a chance to see it, the waterfall, or more like rock river into the pool is nothing short of amazing.

Ziggy
11-16-2007, 08:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilrtoy
WTF is a protion?:D
Here food, There food, Everywhere food food :D :D

Mrs.Racer277
11-16-2007, 08:27 PM
Summer - Pick boat up from location, fill with fuel and put in water. Drive boat to mechanics (or mobil mechanic?) for service, etc..
Winter - Basic handyman service, and home "light" home improvements.. (basic fix it stuff.. toilet valves, basic home theatre etc..) Hell even if they just supervised the local workers to make sure they are their and working people would pay, just to know what's going on with their homes etc..
I could see some problems arrising with the boat thing.. I.E. "This scratch wasn't there" but it seems if you provide a quality service (I.E. John Bravada attn to detail back in the day) then you don't really seem to have those problems.
RD
We thought about the launch and pick up. What happens after you park the truck and trailer and someone hits it????? :confused:

Mrs.Racer277
11-16-2007, 08:28 PM
Ice and water.......home delivery
You need to be nicer to OG.....He delivers ice to me :D And so does Windy and Bobby :)

Bakotrash
11-16-2007, 08:28 PM
Face It! The only business that will make money in Havasu/Bullhead is selling meth.

Mrs.Racer277
11-16-2007, 08:29 PM
I agree...Great price and they were right on schedule

Ziggy
11-16-2007, 08:33 PM
You need to be nicer to OG.....He delivers ice to me :D And so does Windy and Bobby :)
Mommmmmm, I'm always nice to Him, he always tries pickin on me :cry:
:D

Mrs.Racer277
11-16-2007, 08:34 PM
Mommmmmm, I'm always nice to Him, he always tries pickin on me :cry:
LOL
You too???:D

Ziggy
11-16-2007, 08:36 PM
LOL
You too???:D
:)

Throttle
11-16-2007, 08:41 PM
someone :idea: would like to see Nordstom's move in... and add a VS too!

Ziggy
11-16-2007, 08:42 PM
What kind of stores/shops are booked for the new "Mall" ?

Throttle
11-16-2007, 08:45 PM
i dunno,

Throttle
11-16-2007, 08:45 PM
jcpenny

Throttle
11-16-2007, 08:46 PM
you can buy it back from us thrift store :idea:

bchbum
11-16-2007, 09:35 PM
How about a drive thru trailer friendly StarBucks . I haven't been to the lake for 1 1/2 years , so there might be one .

Miss Throttle
11-16-2007, 09:43 PM
someone :idea: would like to see Nordstom's move in... and add a VS too!
Hmmm, who would that be????? I would love to see anything but Walmart and Jcpenney (not that i'm against those places). :) :) :)

YeLLowBoaT
11-16-2007, 09:54 PM
How about a drive thru trailer friendly StarBucks . I haven't been to the lake for 1 1/2 years , so there might be one .
yeah then be GC too and fix the damn thing every few weeks when some one hits the building/order sign and pocket the INS money.

Chipster27
11-17-2007, 01:54 AM
I thought about a Fat Burger on the island. With the development on the island coupled with the convenience of staying on the island rather driving in to town for a "known" burger you "should" have a hit. Use that run down building by the Crazy horse so it's within walking distance of the channel and Crazy Horse.

TheCarDudes
11-17-2007, 06:47 AM
Hmmm, who would that be????? I would love to see anything but Walmart and Jcpenney (not that i'm against those places). :) :) :)
Jamie, if Nordstrom were here, Denise would officially have no problem moving to Havasu. :D :(

INSman
11-17-2007, 07:54 AM
Me no thinkie LHC gonna support a Nordstroms, although it is a nice thought

riverracerx
11-17-2007, 08:57 AM
I heard VS is coming to the mall.