PDA

View Full Version : bad breath

Cas
11-16-2007, 07:19 AM
do people with it not know they have it?
I went out to give a bid yesterday for a bathroom remodel and the owner's breath was so bad I could smell it from 5 ft away! I couldn't very well say anything except I'm too busy to get the job done before Christmas like he wants. I had to pass on the project as there's no way I'm gonna smell that stuff for 2 weeks!

BlueNun
11-16-2007, 07:29 AM
I am in 3-4 customers homes a day. (satellite installer) and the worst to me is morning breath mixed with cheap coffee and cheap smokes. Then they seem to stick next to me like they want to make out. Makes me want to ask em if someone crapped in there mouth....

Not So Fast
11-16-2007, 07:35 AM
The man who owned the company I worked for, before retiring in 2002, had some of the most potent breath I have ever smelled. Like you said from 5 ft away. This was a very wealthy man who hung with Mayors of cities, Police chiefs, Bank owners etc.
I used to cringe when he would show up on the job and want to talk:( What could you say in that situation??:idea: Worked for him for 20+years also!! NSF

Outnumbered
11-16-2007, 07:50 AM
I remember from my college biology class. The prof said that the brain gets used to common smells and ignores them after a prolonged exposure. I too visit people on a daily basis at their homes and run into the same thing. People cannot smell their own (or spouse's) stinky ass breath, house full of cat piss, dog shit, etc. It is just nasty.

2Driver
11-16-2007, 08:34 AM
I remember from my college biology class. The prof said that the brain gets used to common smells and ignores them after a prolonged exposure. .
So there's the reason behind your farts not stinking. ;)

Wmc
11-16-2007, 09:45 AM
I had a broker that I would have to go pick up loans from and he had the worst breath ever. I would talk to him with my hand in front of my face, it was that bad. Yuk!!! He was Indian by the way. Too much curry I think.

Miss Perfect
11-16-2007, 09:56 AM
There was a guy that worked in my office that had horrible breath. For his bday one year, we decorated his desk with 30 packs of gum, hoping he would get the hint. He never did...