PDA

View Full Version : Hey Froggydizzle, there are some great Tidizzle pics from the Hot Boat evaluations...

Jordy
11-16-2007, 08:32 AM
There are some really good shots in the gallery. Was just looking around and stumbled onto these:
http://www.tridentboats.com/trident_boats_gallery/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=3852&g2_serialNumber=2
Lookin' good. :D
http://www.tridentboats.com/trident_boats_gallery/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=3868&g2_serialNumber=2
Here's the link if anyone else is interested:
http://www.tridentboats.com/trident_boats_gallery/main.php?g2_itemId=3757

boatsnblondes
11-16-2007, 08:42 AM
Does that boat have the bravo drive on it?? Or is it still the twin jets? I know he was working on a bravo app...but I'm not sure how it turned out. NIce boat, BTW....I like it..

sellsman11
11-16-2007, 08:56 AM
http://www.pier57.com/2008TridentBlueFirstOne.htm

phebus
11-16-2007, 09:08 AM
Does that boat have the bravo drive on it?? Or is it still the twin jets? I know he was working on a bravo app...but I'm not sure how it turned out. NIce boat, BTW....I like it..
Yes, that boat has a Bravo drive, and it turned out very nice.

scarabrick2
11-16-2007, 10:21 AM
It needs a few more cup holders :D :D :D :D
nice boat:D :D

MKEELINE
11-16-2007, 10:25 AM
There is not one thing on those boats that isn't bad ass.

OutCole'd
11-16-2007, 10:29 AM
Looks awesome Wes, Congrats!

syke-o
11-16-2007, 10:29 AM
so the 496ho will get you up to 75.. pretty impressive.. what are the prices on the 496ho package?

DMOORE
11-16-2007, 10:30 AM
Damn good looking boat.
Darrell.

DeltaSigBoater
11-16-2007, 10:38 AM
It needs an arch, for the radar antenna, for those after dark speed runs :D
j/k;)

AZJD
11-16-2007, 10:40 AM
Skip the 496 and drop the Illmor package in it and do 100mph.:D
Looks great wes. I love all the cup holders!

rodnjen
11-16-2007, 11:51 AM
I never did hear how it performed with the 496HO power? I saw the "75 mph" reference, which is great, but I wonder how the planing and every-day driving was compared to the Illmor 550 package.

Froggystyle
11-16-2007, 12:49 PM
I never did hear how it performed with the 496HO power? I saw the "75 mph" reference, which is great, but I wonder how the planing and every-day driving was compared to the Illmor 550 package.
It still snapped right on plane, obviously a little slower than the 550 package, but it drives right on up through 70+ very quickly. By far the fastest 496 powered deck I have been in.
It pulls hard through the midrange, and handles very nicely, though I think a shorty would be much nicer for the reduced X dim.
I like it better with more power, and the boat rewards more power emphatically, but I could see that most folks would be very, very happy with this package.
A friend is running about 78-80 in a Magic deck with a Viper 625 engine. Shortly, we hope to be in the upper 70's with the 496 powered unit, with a lab 28 and the great water in Tennessee, it could be done pretty quickly here.
I made a mistake and brought Hot Boat a boat with zero hours on it essentially. When they tested it there was 2.2 hours on the ticker. I found out later that the 496HO runs much better after 10 hours... some break in rich running deal. Right at 10 hours we picked up RPM and MPH quickly. Plus the soot dropped markedly.
Lesson learned. Get through the break-in before evaluation.
All in all, it is a great package with the 496... just not anywhere near the punch of the Ilmor's.

HCS
11-16-2007, 12:52 PM
Those are great pics.

Froggystyle
11-16-2007, 12:53 PM
Those are great pics.
Some of the best yet.
Thanks for the good words folks. Maybe I'll go back to work after lunch now... :D

Lightning
11-16-2007, 01:17 PM
Wes,
I noticed on your website that there are quite a few boats in stock. Are those customers who are going to buy a Revolution once they can sell their current boats? If so, it must feel good to know that there are some deals pending. Also, what's new at Trident, I have not seen an email update in a while?
Ari

Froggystyle
11-16-2007, 01:20 PM
Wes,
I noticed on your website that there are quite a few boats in stock. Are those customers who are going to buy a Revolution once they can sell their current boats? If so, it must feel good to know that there are some deals pending. Also, what's new at Trident, I have not seen an email update in a while?
Ari
We have an update coming out, but it has lagged since my computer genius started doing government contracting again and has been scarce around here.
All of those boats in stock are pending Trident sales with two exceptions. Those ones are just helping out freinds. Two are in contract already.
Waiting list is getting longer each day too. I can't believe how the last month has treated us. We are out until February right now before we can start another.
I guess that is what happens when you hire a sales manager, eh? :D

NashvilleBound
11-16-2007, 02:56 PM
I had the pleasure to ride in that boat.... 496 or not....that sled moved out. I would have never have guessed it was "just a" 496. Right outta the hole onto plane... VERY impressive. Rock solid too.... I was just taking up space trying to pay attention to details. Which I might ad have had LOTs of attention and thought put into it. I think my hearing is just now back to normal too... :D

Froggystyle
11-16-2007, 05:07 PM
I had the pleasure to ride in that boat.... 496 or not....that sled moved out. I would have never have guessed it was "just a" 496. Right outta the hole onto plane... VERY impressive. Rock solid too.... I was just taking up space trying to pay attention to details. Which I might ad have had LOTs of attention and thought put into it. I think my hearing is just now back to normal too... :D
Glad you liked it Jeff...
BTW, check out the events section here... I put some pics of the Nashville trip up there...
Pier 57 Tennessee Trip (http://www.tridentboats.com/trident_boats_gallery/main.php?g2_itemId=18)
Some great ones of the Viper.

Big Warlock
11-16-2007, 05:16 PM
We used the crap out of one of Wes's boats at the desert storm poker run. It holds a ton of people and we had a great time on it. After we blew a motor, we still had the trident for most of the weekend to get us where we needed to go and do our midnight cruises in.
I really did appreciate all that Wes. Glad to see you are building more boats!! Hope to see you guys soon.
Rob

Froggystyle
11-17-2007, 08:39 AM
We used the crap out of one of Wes's boats at the desert storm poker run. It holds a ton of people and we had a great time on it. After we blew a motor, we still had the trident for most of the weekend to get us where we needed to go and do our midnight cruises in.
I really did appreciate all that Wes. Glad to see you are building more boats!! Hope to see you guys soon.
Rob
It was absolutely our pleasure Rob. You guys were the ultimate guests, and the new owners of that boat, Ricky and Angi have mentioned that I should say Hi to everyone for them from Indy. Actually, they are down in Panama City Florida right now with it, but you get the picture.
That was a great weekend. I think it suprised a lot of people running mid 70's with a full load and big water that morning. As Corinna can attest, there are no bad seats in the boat... just louder ones!

Riverkid
11-17-2007, 09:45 AM
is a great idea. A lot better side view when someone's melon isn't next to the drivers...
http://www.tridentboats.com/trident_boats_gallery/main.php?g2_itemId=3758
Great looking boat. ;)

RiverOtter
11-17-2007, 10:16 AM
Still no windshield :rolleyes:
:D

Mandelon
11-17-2007, 10:19 AM
Wes, glad to hear things are going so well.
Go GB!