PDA

View Full Version : Cigarette 28' two 350's

Froggystyle
01-22-2003, 12:12 PM
I just came across a deal for a 1973 Cigarette 28'er with a "Convertible" mid cabin that has a canvas cover normally, but converts to an open bow/mid area. Twin 350's, I don't know what outdrives, but stainless props. Alledgedly runs like a train.
Boat seems like a steal to me at $12,000. If I got it, I would be looking to turn it, but does anyone here have any info on what something like this is worth?

spectras only
01-22-2003, 01:32 PM
Froggy, 12.000 sounds like a good deal to me.However these older cigs [70's-80's] don't fetch much unless they're mint.I prefer the magnums [27] with twin 350's from that era. There's a 35 Cafe racer in washington state ,asking 39 ,minus engines.
[ January 22, 2003, 01:37 PM: Message edited by: spectras only ]

Froggystyle
01-22-2003, 02:51 PM
I don't know... It isn't cherry, but it isn't rough either. Tan, with tan canvas. It looks like it might need a new rub rail. Alledgedly, this thing has been worry free.
Who knows. I bet we can talk him down.

spectras only
01-22-2003, 03:47 PM
Sounds good.There's nothing like a thoroughbred cutting through the chop like a knife.I'm sure you'll make a nice piece out of it.My boat is a 72 and could care less if it's not as nice as a new boat.All I know that you could build two modern day boat out of it wink .I like small performance boats myself but if I have a choice ,I'd choose a big one anytime.You can go ape with your expertise on a stereo system on that one room wise.George WB senior has/had a 28 cig with twin.

Havasu Cig
01-22-2003, 04:00 PM
Froggy,
I would go on Offshoreonly.com and ask, there are alot of people on there that are very knowledgable about old Cigs. DSM recently sold a 1972 20' cig for 35k that was totally restored and was mint. If it has the "Cigarette" name on it it will be worth something to someone.

Steamin' Rice
01-22-2003, 04:15 PM
I don't know about an "open bow" cig.....There is a following for the older cigs, but I doubt that a Cig that has been made into an open bow/cuddy would be attractive to that following....Could be tough to sell, which would explain a low price.
Like HavasuCig said, if you go to OSO I'm sure you'll get good feedback on this from people with a lot of experience/knowledge of cigs...