PDA

View Full Version : Need Help..Who's in Havasu Tonight?

Ms.Havasu
11-16-2007, 04:03 PM
We bought our neighbors spa and need help moving it from his front yard(where it is currently sitting) to our garage (about 75 feet.)
It's empty (whew:eek: ) but bulky:rolleyes: I'm thinking 8 guys can move it without anyone throwing out their back. (2 on each side)
I'll be available to point:sleeping:
If I can get 7 to comit to 20 min tonight or tomorrow night I'll supply the beer:D
Let me know if your available.
Thanks,
Michele

shadow
11-16-2007, 04:10 PM
I'm home tonight so if you round up a few others give me a call and i'll come over and help.
928-486-7399

Ms.Havasu
11-16-2007, 04:13 PM
Thanks Darrel;
Just need 6 more and I'll start making calls.

Kachina26
11-16-2007, 04:15 PM
I'm not there, but I can tell you how to move it with 2 or 3 guys. My brother and I moved mine around the house by putting a few lengths of 2" pvc pipe under it as rollers. The guys push it along and Michele can grab the pipes that come out the back and move them to the front. Pretty trick.

ahhell
11-16-2007, 04:16 PM
I moved an 8 footer almost by myself using a hand truck and a skateboard, I had 2 young sons, one on each side to balance it ...skateboard under one side and the hand truck on the opposite side....damn I miss that skateboard:D

OGShocker
11-16-2007, 04:16 PM
We bought our neighbors spa and need help moving it from his front yard(where it is currently sitting) to our garage (about 75 feet.)
It's empty (whew:eek: ) but bulky:rolleyes: I'm thinking 8 guys can move it without anyone throwing out their back. (2 on each side)
If I can get 7 to comit to 20 min tonight or tomorrow night I'll supply the beer:D
Thanks,
Michele
Michele,
Wish we were there. I owe you a Spa move..
See you soon,
Mark

Troubles No More
11-16-2007, 04:18 PM
I'm not there, but I can tell you how to move it with 2 or 3 guys. My brother and I moved mine around the house by putting a few lengths of 2" pvc pipe under it as rollers. The guys push it along and Michele can grab the pipes that come out the back and move them to the front. Pretty trick.
This is what I had to do and it will work.

Ms.Havasu
11-16-2007, 04:23 PM
Hi Randy;
Great idea.... maybe you missed the part where i politely stated that.."I'm here to point" HeHeHe now you have me running pipe:D
Dam kids took their skate boards when they moved out 15 years ago.

shadow
11-16-2007, 04:25 PM
Hi Randy;
Great idea.... maybe you missed the part where i politely stated that.."I'm here to point" HeHeHe now you have me running pipe:D
Dam kids took their skate boards when they moved out 15 years ago.
I could bring my Rhino and we can drag it!:idea: :D

Ms.Havasu
11-16-2007, 04:43 PM
I could bring my Rhino and we can drag it!:idea: :D
We were already moving crates of rocks in our garage out of the way with our Chinese UTV. Great minds think alike.

uvindex
11-16-2007, 04:56 PM
I'm not there, but I can tell you how to move it with 2 or 3 guys. My brother and I moved mine around the house by putting a few lengths of 2" pvc pipe under it as rollers. The guys push it along and Michele can grab the pipes that come out the back and move them to the front. Pretty trick.This method worked for building the Great Pyramid and will work for a spa too. :)
http://members.aol.com/aditt48670/fig3.jpg
I'd be glad to help if I wasn't in FL.

YeLLowBoaT
11-16-2007, 05:00 PM
I moved one myself with a jack, 4 funture dollys, some scrap 4x4s , 4 2x4s and some plywood... skrewed the 4 funture dollys togther with the 4 2x4. jacked it up and put the 4x4s underneath it, slid the dolly in and used the plywood to roll it along. only hard part was getting it to stop by myself.:D

Redneck
11-16-2007, 05:20 PM
hey call me i left you a message

Ms.Havasu
11-16-2007, 06:56 PM
Hi Kenny;
Sorry I missed your call we were outside moving the thing.
Big thanks to my Havasu Friends and neighbors, Shadow, Big Doug, Summit Carl, and Blown Lavey! We love you guys.
Michele

Ms.Havasu
11-16-2007, 07:07 PM
OK, now she needs 40 Egyptians to come over and build a sled and rail system.
Do they still were tight shorts like the picture:D

Havasu1986
11-16-2007, 07:16 PM
Hi Kenny;
Big thanks to my Havasu Friends and neighbors, Shadow, Big Doug, Summit Carl, and Blown Lavey! We love you guys.
Michele
Well Shadow will offset the beer drinking with Big Doug because he doesn't drink. I never seen SummitKarl drink alot. Don't know about Blown Lavey. :confused:
Looks like you found the right crew. :D

Kachina26
11-16-2007, 07:19 PM
Well Shadow will offset the beer drinking with Big Doug because he doesn't drink. I never seen SummitKarl drink alot. Don't know about Blown Lavey. :confused:
Looks like you found the right crew. :D
I've seen blown lavey at work, she should have hired 10 union thugs. Would have been much cheaper:devil:

Throttle
11-16-2007, 07:22 PM
Awe, it would have been so fun too...
sorry I missed your call, I am at work, sold myself to the ot devil, argggg :mad:

Havasu1986
11-16-2007, 07:25 PM
Awe, it would have been so fun too...
sorry I missed your call, I am at work, sold myself to the ot devil, argggg :mad:
I think you should name your boat something like that. :eek: :D

Mrs.Racer277
11-16-2007, 07:28 PM
Ummm Michele what are you going to do with 2 spas??????? :idea: :confused:
Sorry we missed the fun. Are you going to be home Thanksgiving? I will be in town for 5 days.

Redneck
11-16-2007, 08:55 PM
Hi Kenny;
Michele
timed it perfect then

Hardly Satisfied
11-17-2007, 12:05 PM
Thanks,
Michele
Should have bought it last week, We could have helped move it before we started drinking all night at George's. :D

Throttle
11-17-2007, 07:56 PM
Should have bought it last week, We could have helped move it before we started drinking all night at George's. :D
or after...

uvindex
11-17-2007, 09:13 PM
OK, now she needs 40 Egyptians to come over and build a sled and rail system.They don't have to be Egyptian; any undocumented workers will do fine. :D
When I said "this method" I was referring to the use of rollers, not strictly to the use of 40 Egyptians. :)

OGShocker
11-17-2007, 09:47 PM
Hi Kenny;
Big thanks to my Havasu Friends and neighbors, Shadow, Big Doug, Summit Carl, and Blown Lavey! We love you guys. SCREW OG, I can't believe he wasn't here to help me!!!
Michele
Yeah, Sorry Michele!