PDA

View Full Version : Turkey preparation...

Jbb
11-16-2007, 05:02 PM
Gobble! (http://www.mentalfloss.com/blogs/archives/9573)

Chico&Zeus
11-16-2007, 05:05 PM
The best bet here would be to contact someone from Team Turkey for instructions:D

RitcheyRch
11-16-2007, 05:09 PM
I like deep fried but cant seem to get my parents to try it.

Troy McClure
11-16-2007, 05:18 PM
I like deep fried but cant seem to get my parents to try it.
Last couple of years I've been going to a friend's house for Tgiving. He deep fries the turkey. Comes out very tasty and not greasy at all, which is how I thought it would taste.
Two suggestions though, 1) don't try it indoors 2) don't fill the grease all the way to the top of the pot. C) keep the pets away..

AZKC
11-16-2007, 05:29 PM
MMMMMMMMM
Bacon Wrapped Turkey, kinda like a giant club sangwhich;)

ahhell
11-16-2007, 05:35 PM
Where's Scream when you need a turkey....:eek:
I was told of a guy that dropped a frozen turkey into a deep fryer...GREAT IDEA..3rd degree burns all over his body
apperantly 450* oil and ice dont get along:) :) :)

boat boy
11-16-2007, 06:01 PM
Deep fried and BBQ are the best. For deep fried you need a little prep work like use water in the pot to figure out how much peanut oil you need. Don't forget to inject the bird with your injector sauce. After oil gets up to temp if I remember correctly about 3 1/2 min/lb. Other things to remember are to put a good size sheet of plywood under the pot don't just reach in and get the bird out of the pot with the lifting device use protective mittens. Temp on bird should be around 175 in the breast before its considered done.
As for BBQ, apply a liberal amount of butter around her, and season it to taste. Wrap in foil, place breast side down. Depending on temp of BBQ figure about 20 min/lb at 300 to 350. Keep adding coals (yes thatÂ’s for the real men) as needed to maintain temp every hour also add butter to the bird, last 1/2 hour take foil off and allow to brown. Add some wood chips last hour or so for a little extra flavor. In either case allow bird to rest for a little while prior to cutting in and enjoy.
Myself and the wife and I are going to put some tri-tip on and enjoy whatever else goes on the grill. Then probably head over to Catalina Island on Friday for the rest of the weekend.
HAPPY GOBBLE DAY TO ALL

RitcheyRch
11-16-2007, 06:07 PM
I would never do it myself. My buddy had a friend that you would drop the turkey off at his house, go shopping and when you came back it was done. He charged $20 per turkey just for the cooking.
Last couple of years I've been going to a friend's house for Tgiving. He deep fries the turkey. Comes out very tasty and not greasy at all, which is how I thought it would taste.
Two suggestions though, 1) don't try it indoors 2) don't fill the grease all the way to the top of the pot. C) keep the pets away..

Pheelin Phroggy
11-16-2007, 08:55 PM
Marie Calendars Turkey to go....... to busy having fun to worry about cooking!

Throttle
11-16-2007, 08:58 PM
deep fried one while hanging with some friends from work in Parker, it was awesome! So was the boat ride!
still do em deep fried at the fire station, just not as good as it was in Parker. i dunno why :idea:
side of jack and coke :idea:

boat boy
11-17-2007, 06:06 AM
Remember guys while the deep fried bird cooks up fast, a slow cooked BBQ brid requires lots of attention, beer and a couple of good cigars.

deltarat
11-18-2007, 07:54 AM
Your buddy knows Lucky?
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/3258/18021Turkey-Stuffer.gif
:D
rotflmao