PDA

View Full Version : questions about oil coolers for a BBF?

Riverat84
11-16-2007, 06:52 PM
Hey. i am considering running an oil cooler on my BBF once i get it put back together from the theft that happened a few weeks back...ive seen those nice painted ones that mount up behind the scoop/carbs, and since i am doing a single carb setup on my motor now, how does it mount, and where do i buy one? does it come w/ the mount? does anyone have any pictures? i would really appreciate it...also, if possible does anyone have a diagram or even another picture of how it is plumbed? where does the intake line come off the motor? where does the return line go to? thanx alot! :D

BigDoug
11-16-2007, 11:19 PM
You can pm Squirtin Thunder here on the boards, he's well versed in this department. :D

Riverat84
11-17-2007, 09:24 AM
You can pm Squirtin Thunder here on the boards, he's well versed in this department. :D
thanx doug! ill do that...hope buisiness is well :D

rayson
11-17-2007, 09:34 AM
i have a teague oil cooler system that came out of a jet boat it is on spam.

BrendellaJet
11-17-2007, 10:37 AM
Are you sure you aren't thinking about a puke tank?
Also, why do you want an oil cooler? Do you know what your oil temp is? Unless I run my boat hard(full throttle for atleast a mile) my oil temp doesn't even think about moving past 170*, when Im on it hard it will get up to 190*-thats on a very healthy BBC with no cooler. Granted all motors are different, but if you dont know your temp now, figure that out first. You may not even need it.

Riverat84
11-17-2007, 12:50 PM
Are you sure you aren't thinking about a puke tank?
Also, why do you want an oil cooler? Do you know what your oil temp is? Unless I run my boat hard(full throttle for atleast a mile) my oil temp doesn't even think about moving past 170*, when Im on it hard it will get up to 190*-thats on a very healthy BBC with no cooler. Granted all motors are different, but if you dont know your temp now, figure that out first. You may not even need it.
okay, i will check it out...but would it make the oil even cooler than i need it to be? or would it not even make a difference if its not at a high temp to start with? thanx.
Reid