PDA

View Full Version : Just Bought My First Jet Boat

atomrotten
10-05-2002, 10:01 AM
Anyone know anything about a Regatta jet boat. are these hulls any good? Thanks for your help.Atom RoTTeN
http://www.aimooimage.com/atomrotten/img4.gif

BulletBill
10-05-2002, 03:36 PM
atom: sorry, don't know anything good or bad about a regatta but it looks really good. someone has spent a lot of money on this one. good luck and enjoy...

lakesmodified
10-05-2002, 07:07 PM
ATOM, I'm not sure if it was the same manufacturer, but I owned a 1979 21.5FT Regatta mini-daycruiser. It was powered by a 351W Ford with an OMC IB/OB. I bought the boat in 1988 with 266 total hours and sold it 12 years later with 488 hours. I can tell you it was a fanastic boat, never really gave me any problems. I had a few stress cracks(In usual places), but nothing major(just in the gel-coat) I'm going to email you a few pics of it. By the way, nice looking Regatta Jet! :p
[ October 05, 2002, 08:08 PM: Message edited by: lakesmodified ]

atomrotten
10-05-2002, 07:43 PM
Thanks for the replies,
I ran her at a local lake here in San Diego called San Vicente Resivior. First this is my 1st jet boat (had a couple out boards) and I am now and forever only buying jet boats! This boat is fun as heck! Comes out of the hole pretty good, ran her at 36 grand all day long, Temp was never over 135. I pushed her al the way to 45 grand but that was all she had. My boat has a 454, Edilbrock carb and manifold, Mallorey Ignition, Panther wet exhuast, 2 diffrent types of oil coolers, bigger pan with baffles and only the guy who built it knows the rest. Oil never below 50lbs I hope that is good. Well Im changing the oil and back to the lake tomarrow. Any info on this hull type would be sweet.
Thanks Atom RoTTeN

lakesmodified
10-05-2002, 08:31 PM
Hey Adam, nice meeting you... Good luck with your :D :D Regatta... I gave you 5 stars!!!! Ivan :D
[ October 05, 2002, 09:32 PM: Message edited by: lakesmodified ]

hack job
10-05-2002, 08:32 PM
srink your avatar its way too big! wink
boat looks good!

homeblt86jet
10-05-2002, 08:35 PM
looks good. :D how does it run?

atomrotten
10-05-2002, 08:45 PM
Thanks for the pics. Ivan. A big 5 for your help. Homebuilt: It works great. Cant wait for the sun to come up so I can run it again! Some guys stopped me on thier way out and said it looked real great on the water. Im glad I took my time buying and ran across this boat. Sorry about the oversized aviator. I took it off till I can resize it. Any suggestions on up grades I can do to her? I want to get a jet-ovator but really dont know if this is the best option to go with 1st. Any help would be great!
Thanks Atom RoTTeN

lakesmodified
10-05-2002, 09:07 PM
atomrotten:
I want to get a jet-ovator but really dont know if this is the best option to go with 1st. Any help would be great!
Thanks Atom RoTTeNADAM, I'm not sure if your just using the term "jet-o-vator" as the name for an adjustable nozzle. Anyways, I wouldn't actually use the Jet-o-vator(Thats the Brand Name for the Berkeley set-up) I would purchase a Place Diverter from "Place Diverters" Much simpler design and more range of adjustment. I replaced the "Jet-O-Vator on my jetboat with a Place Diverter... Much better!! If you want pics, just email me. Ivan