PDA

View Full Version : anyone been to Tahiti / Bora Bora

sb540
11-17-2007, 01:57 PM
Going there on my honeymoon, any recommendations?
We were thinking about the Intercontinental Resort...
Thanks

Havasu1986
11-17-2007, 02:00 PM
No Name and Devils Advocate just got back from there. :)

little rowe boat
11-17-2007, 02:00 PM
Yes,Bora Bora is very beautiful. Be sure to eat at Bloody Mary's. Stay in one of the over the water bungalo's and take a tour of the island. There are a couple of canons from WWII on a hill that guard the entrance to the island.

sb540
11-17-2007, 02:08 PM
Any hotel recommendations?

KineticoH20
11-17-2007, 02:10 PM
Going there on my honeymoon, any recommendations?
We were thinking about the Intercontinental Resort...
Thanks
Yea bring a boat load of cash:jawdrop:

Swoop
11-17-2007, 02:13 PM
I reallllly want to go there, definitely would be awsome to stay in one of the glass bottom rooms over the water....... I know if you go to the starwood(credit card points card) website they have some of the really nice places on there... That's what I did to figure out prices/costs- not a cheap trip but looks amazing!

Parker Dreamin
11-17-2007, 02:24 PM
Any hotel recommendations?
In 2002 we stayed at Le Merridian, over the water bung in Bora Bora, was to die for.
From what I hear, dont waste your time on the big island, Papaette.
Like others have said, bring a boat or ship load of cash...

Tequila-John
11-17-2007, 02:27 PM
In 2002 we stayed at Le Merridian, over the water bung in Bora Bora, was to die for.
From what I hear, dont waste your time on the big island, Papaette.
Like others have said, bring a boat or ship load of cash...
HI BUD!

roostwear
11-17-2007, 02:33 PM
Moorea for 1 week in May. What do you think it's like? There are other options depending on what you want to do.

NashvilleBound
11-17-2007, 03:30 PM
We went to Bora Bora...... it was very nice if you want piece and quiet. Our room was over the water and had amazing service.
Downtown Tahiti, Papeete, was like TJ mex.... The Intercontinental Was a great hotel.... good service and clean rooms with AMAZING views. There was a little restruant on top of the hill there you have to go to.... the jeep ride to it was worth it!!
Plenty to do at both places.....
Moorea is more of the party place. Club Med is out there.... good times!!

Oldschool427
11-17-2007, 03:31 PM
Been there twice, go on a Cruise ship. Out side of Bora Bora not a lot to do for a week. Defiantly see bloody Mary's, a WWII bar. Take the 4 x 4 Jeep tour of the Pineapple plantation, some of them sell hand made Pareos. See the WWII sites at top of Islands. 360 degree view of Coral and blue ocean for miles in all directions. A site I will never forget.
Good luck, I hope you have a long life together.
38 years Feb 2008.
Enjoy

sb540
11-17-2007, 08:06 PM
thanks everyone...
That Le Meridien hotel is beautiful. I will have to see if I can talk my girl out of the other place:D

My Man's Sportin' Wood
11-18-2007, 08:40 AM
Congratulations on your upcoming nuptuals! I'm jealous of the Bora Bora trip. I'm hoping for our 20th anniversary in a couple of years I'll get to go there. Those of you that have been, how are the pearl prices there? Expensive because their in Tahiti, or inexpensive because they're at the source?

No Name
11-18-2007, 10:19 AM
Save your money, the place is a dump…………:D :D
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/IMG_0300.JPG

Trailer Park Casanova
11-18-2007, 10:57 AM
Bring wheelbarrow full of cash, don't eat any dairy products.

2Driver
11-18-2007, 04:27 PM
Save your money, the place is a dump…………:D :D
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/IMG_0300.JPG
That picture is unreal.

100+Placecraft
11-18-2007, 04:59 PM
Went there for our Honeymoon.
We stayed at Le Merridium in one of those bungalos, It was pretty sweet.
Like others said, make sure to bring enough spending cash, the US dollar and it being on a little island don't help. Also some people that we met there brought their own alcohol over, then turned us on to buying some sandwhich's over on the main island and a couple cases of Hinano beer. It saved a few bucks on the drinking during the day thing.
We did the island cruise too, It was well worth it.

Devil's Advocate
11-18-2007, 09:02 PM
It's absolutely gorgeous. We got married out there last month. We did an 10 day cruise out of Papeete, the main island, and saw 6 islands. Bora Bora and Moorea were my favorite islands. Breathtaking. Not the place to go for a lot of excitement and night life though. More for a peaceful, romantic get-a-way. It's perfect for the honeymoon. That one pic we took up near the top of the moutain in Bora Bora. You have to do the 4WD jeep tour, only way to really get those really great views!
Definitely bring some cash. And the Tahitian pearls are beautiful but expensive. You can easily be sold junk quality pearls if you don't learn a little bit about them and what to look for out there.
You'll love the island.:) Congratulations!

BadKachina
11-18-2007, 09:03 PM
It's absolutely gorgeous. We got married out there last month. We did an 10 day cruise out of Papeete, the main island, and saw 6 islands. Bora Bora and Moorea were my favorite islands. Breathtaking. Not the place to go for a lot of excitement and night life though. More for a peaceful, romantic get-a-way. It's perfect for the honeymoon. That one pic we took up near the top of the moutain in Bora Bora. You have to do the 4WD jeep tour, only way to really get those really great views!
Definitely bring some cash. And the Tahitian pearls are beautiful but expensive. You can easily be sold junk quality pearls if you don't learn a little bit about them and what to look for out there.
You'll love the island.:) Congratulations!
Get back to your domestic duties.:D

Devil's Advocate
11-18-2007, 09:25 PM
Get back to your domestic duties.:D
:eek: :hammer2:

sb540
11-19-2007, 07:11 PM
thanks everyone!!!
I just booked 5 nights at the Le Meridien Bora Bora in one of there prime overwater bungalow.
I cant wait!!!!!!!
Gonna follow that up with a 10 night stay on Maui
Should be fun