PDA

View Full Version : Ohhhhh phuk that hurt!!

vee-driven
11-17-2007, 02:58 PM
I had a little runin with the table router yesterday while making knife handles and routered a nice chunk out of my left middle finger and the finger nail and tip on my right pointer finger with a round off bit, i hate when that happens.

BrendellaJet
11-17-2007, 03:12 PM
You've come to the wrong place if you are looking for sympathy! 2 months ago I was cutting some exhaust hose on my chop saw, while holding the hose with my hand(idiot) the saw pulled the hose(and my thumb) into the moving blade. Phucked my nail up big time, had to have what was left of it removed(hurt like hell) and also got 8 stitches.
Next time Ill use a hack saw.

OCMerrill
11-17-2007, 03:13 PM
I had a little runin with the table router yesterday while making knife handles and routered a nice chunk out of my left middle finger and the finger nail and tip on my right pointer finger with a round off bit, i hate when that happens.
:eek: :eek:
Ouch.......Damn I hate it when shit like that happens.

vee-driven
11-17-2007, 03:23 PM
You've come to the wrong place if you are looking for sympathy! 2 months ago I was cutting some exhaust hose on my chop saw, while holding the hose with my hand(idiot) the saw pulled the hose(and my thumb) into the moving blade. Phucked my nail up big time, had to have what was left of it removed(hurt like hell) and also got 8 stitches.
Next time Ill use a hack saw.
Not lookin for sympathy, just sayin watch out for sharp things spinning at high rpm's. hahah

maxwedge
11-17-2007, 03:41 PM
I Have several years experience working as a carpenter and working in a cabinet shop. The only power tool that scares me is a router. You only have to almost remove a couple fingers from your hand one time, before you gain a whole new respect for how quickly 28,000RPM can go completely out of control.:D

Wet Dream
11-17-2007, 04:25 PM
Get a pic up there, then maybe you'll get an ooooh or aaahhhhh. ;)

riverracerXXX
11-17-2007, 05:01 PM
This post is pointless without some sick gnarley pics.

Cas
11-17-2007, 06:41 PM
I hate when that happens also! I also hate when your nail gun misfires
http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l204/Cas2006/Little%20house/DSC01041.jpg
http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l204/Cas2006/Little%20house/DSC01040.jpg
my thumb was about 18" away and no, I don't have it wired back!

YeLLowBoaT
11-17-2007, 06:44 PM
I've been hit with nails/brads/ staples several times.
I have a inlaw that always tells us the stroy about when he was in JR high the wood shop teacher cut off 2 of his fingers during a safety demo...

Legal Chemistry
11-18-2007, 11:27 AM
hmmm. no pics but last summer while using an electric planner... I decided to send the end of my ring finger right on by. Still don't have feeling at the tips and it's an bit shorter. :mad: