PDA

View Full Version : Questions about EBAY??????????

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
12-17-2002, 11:02 PM
I was winning on a "Brain" for a fold out monitor and the "A$$hole" cancelled the bid :mad: . Are they allowed to do this? Why can they do this :confused: ? I was well above his starting price. He was actually going to make a profit on the item. Am I allowed to give him negative feedback argue ? I am so pissed off. This was the only thing I need to finish this vehicle :mad:

Rexone
12-17-2002, 11:12 PM
As a seller you may cancel bids. Ebay has guidelines that you have a good reason, but who's going to police that. For example, I have a clause in my auctions that if a bidder has excessive neg feeback the bid can be cancelled, and I've done it a couple times.
Also if a seller cancels an auction all bids on the item have to be cancelled first. I had to do this on an item we thought we had but then couldn't find.
Bottom line, yes they can cancel your bid but they're suppose to have a legit reason.
And no you can't leave feedback unless your an auction winner (you can complain to ebay but from my experience that does little good).

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
12-17-2002, 11:21 PM
That sucks a$$! I am so hot now. I have nothing but good and positive feedbacks. He really screwed me for a couple of weeks. I got something up my sleeve when he sells another item on ebay devil
Sorry guys I am just venting, thats just bad business. The a$$hole didnt even email me and tell me why he did it.
396_Is_Ready_To_Punch_Walls!

Rexone
12-17-2002, 11:48 PM
Unfortunately there are some dicks on ebay just like everywhere else in life. frown

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
12-17-2002, 11:51 PM
Thanks mike, I am feeling a little better. I knew there was a reason for joining this damn board. There are a lot of great people on here and mike you are one of them.
396 wink

hack job
12-18-2002, 12:05 PM
396_WAYS_TO_SPIT:
That sucks a$$! I am so hot now. I have nothing but good and positive feedbacks. He really screwed me for a couple of weeks. I got something up my sleeve when he sells another item on ebay devil
Sorry guys I am just venting, thats just bad business. The a$$hole didnt even email me and tell me why he did it.
396_Is_Ready_To_Punch_Walls!why dont you email him maybe he had agood reason for doing this to you(the only reasons i can think of would be negitive feed ( which you do not have and maybe he sold the item off of ebay and no longer has the item. i which case i owuld od the same but i woul take down the auction.) any how i know how that goes it has happend to me. i emailed him and got a good reason!
just my .02! wink

LakesOnly
12-20-2002, 08:33 PM
[b] why dont you email him maybe he had agood reason for doing this to you(the only reasons i can think of would be negitive feed ( which you do not have and maybe he sold the item off of ebay and no longer has the item. i which case i owuld od the same but i woul take down the auction.) any how i know how that goes it has happend to me. i emailed him and got a good reason!
just my .02! wink Actually, go back to the auction site and click on "Bid History." At the bottom of this page is a list of "Cancellations & Retractions." The seller must give a reason for the cancellation. If this reason does not fall under eBay's guidelines as a legitmate reason (or his reasoning is false), then you may report him (give his eBay username) to eBay. This is possible from the eBay website. Ebay issues warnings to those who don't play by the rules; too many warnings constitutes suspension from the website.
LO
[ December 21, 2002, 06:33 PM: Message edited by: LakesOnly ]

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
12-21-2002, 07:42 AM
Thanks for the help guys I will do that.
396 wink

502procharger
12-21-2002, 09:32 AM
i just got screwed from an e-bay deal also. a guy won a parts turbine i was selling. i told him everything about it and was very fair in the description. he was new to e-bay so i made it clear that when he bis it was a contract. well sure enough when he drives 6hr to pick this thing up and pay me he starts in with "well this is missing", and that is broken , but i will give you $500.00 less for it. I was like what? you already bought it. he just refused to pay. i am not that woried, someone else will buy it, but it is a principal issue. you bought it, pay. anyone with idea's on how to get back at this person let me know. if i leave neg. feedback it will do nothing b/c he only has one other purchase and just signed up this week. he will just sign up for a new acct.

LakesOnly
12-21-2002, 10:29 AM
502procharger:
I just got screwed from an e-bay deal also. A guy won a parts turbine I was selling. I told him everything about it and was very fair in the description. He was new to e-bay so I made it clear that when he bis it was a contract. Sure enough when he drives 6hr to pick this thing up and pay me, he starts in with "well this is missing", "and that is broken" , but I will give you $500.00 less for it. I was like, "what?" You already bought it. Anyone with idea's on how to get back at this person let me know. if i leave neg. feedback it will do nothing b/c he only has one other purchase and just signed up this week. He will just sign up for a new acct. Ebay is not a game. Upon auction end, the seller and winning bidder have ented into a legally binding contract. Your winning bidder is legally obligated to pay the amount agreed upon in the auction. How far you wish to pursue this is really proprtional to the magnitude of the bad deal (amount of money at stake, principle, etc.).
When this happenes to me, I send a letter from my attorneys. In one case, something I bid on arrived damaged, and when I compared the part in my hands against the picture on the eBay auction site, it was obvious that the photo was taken with the sun in the background (at the exact location of the damage), so as to hide the components' damage. He denied it; I had a letter sent and he called crying and paid me immediately.
Here's what anybody can do:
1) Ebay Safe Harbor. Contact eBay about the "deal gone sour" and they will mediate via their "eBay Safe Harbor." They will explain to your bidder that this is not how eBay works, so pay up. Hearing it from them, he may understand and then pay you.
2) You may leave negative feedback. If he has only one good feedback rating so far, then one bad rating will net him a 50% negative feedback rating, wich is a downright lousy rating. He may just get a new ebay identitiy, but it will give hime something to think about, and this username will be blown out of the water. If you do not leave negative feedback, you are doing a dis-service to the next person whose deal the bidder tries to weasel his way out of. But beware of retaliatory negative feeedback.
3) Here's the doosy. Let him know that when deal is struck via the internet and the deal does not go down as it is supposed to, then that constitutes "Internet Fraud," which is a federal offense (no B.S.) and that unless he pays, you intend to notify the FBI and that he could be sent to prison. (as outrasgeous as this sounds, there really is such a law in effect--a result of bigger business reasons, but never-the-less applicable in this one. Also, it is normally used in the reverse manner...that is, when someone has been screwed out of their cash, but it applies here, too). If he laughs at you, start with the letter from your attorney that explains all the binding contract stuff and what your may do to him, and include the bit about internet fraud.
I am happy to say that I personally do not have any negative feedback, nor have I unethically screwed anybody utilizing these guidelines; I have only stood up for myself. These guidelines have been established and are here for everybody's protection.
LO

lakesmodified
12-21-2002, 12:30 PM
LakesOnly, I'm not trying to piss you off, or anything of that matter, but your attorneys letter is just a "Scare tactic" which might work with the right individuals, but other than that is useless! I would like to see the look on your face when you visit the FBI, and tried to get them involved in your "Internet Fraud" case... They would laugh you out of the office! This doesn't constitute Internet Fraud, because there aren't any losses incurred! Now if 502Prochrager would have shipped the turbine, and not received payment, I would agree with you. The ONLY course of action you have in any ebay deal gone bad, is turning the person into ebay, and even then, ebay will not do anything! As long if it isn't an ongoing situation with this indivdual, you're shit out of luck. I know, I have had the same happen to me, and the guy is still a member of the ebay society! By the way, do you have any idea how much it would cost you up front in order to actually sue some one? Especially across interstate lines? Hardly worth the cost, even if you had a remote chance of winning. By the way, I just love those attorney generated letters.... Love them right into the trash can!

502procharger
12-21-2002, 01:23 PM
lakemodified, i totaly agree with you. this was only a $2300.00 deal and i knew as soon as i saw them something was going to happen. i made it very clear in my description what it was and if anyone know's about turbines like this guy does he knows exactly what he should expect for $2300.00 bucks. i have bought and sold many things in my life. I always try to be fair to everyone. I knoe e-bay will do nothing, i would not even waist my time with a attorney letter, or costs. It just bothers the shit out of me, this guy took away the chance for everyone else interested to buy this thing for real. Now i am the only one who suffers because i have to pay for it to be listed agan, and it looks bad for me that someone else who won the bidding refused to pay for it. I guess i am just venting a little. i am not that worried, someone else will buy it and all will be forgoten. i just hope this guy screws over the wrong person some day. It is really not worth my time to fight with him over this.
[ December 21, 2002, 02:29 PM: Message edited by: 502procharger ]

LakesOnly
12-21-2002, 07:08 PM
Hey guys,
Everything I have stated is 100% true. It may be too much hassle for most of us, but it is available to all of us.
--In the case of the attorney's letter, it absolutely holds water; it is not just a "scare tactic." In my case, I use it as a last warning. If the bidder laughs at the letter, I file the suit. Yes, I'm serious. In my case, I depend on my eBay sales as a part of my income, and business is business, period. (As I stated in the beginning of my first post, our action should be proportional to the magnitude of the deal.) It is necessary to file in the state where the bidder lives. The firm that represents me will do this. If the amount of money involved doesn't justify the action, then fine, let it slide. Personally...if somebody really ****s me, I don't let them off that easily.
-Internet Fraud is a bona-fide federal offense. Sure, an eBay deal is small change compared to the original inspiration for this law. The deal still constitutes internet fraud and, if reported to the FBI, must be investigated. One of my best friends bought an ultra-rare limited edition Marshall guitar amp head through eBay. The seller stated that the electronics were in perfect working order. But when tested, an extremely important signal path (the midi channels) was dead and fried beyond repair. The buyer claimed it worked fine before shipping and that it must have been damaged during shipping. The electronics repair shop said the circuit was clearly damaged (and I mean smoked) for some time and as a result of misuse--this could not have been damaged in shipping. My friend got no replies from the seller (when inquiring about a refund). He has turned it over to the FBI.
Are these steps too much hassle for what you feel you will get in return? Fine, perhaps it's not that big a deal. In my case, eBay supports me; it helps pay my rent, puts food on my table, etc. Maybe my situation is different. And I'm glad to be able to tell you that these courses of action are available. :)
LO
[ December 21, 2002, 07:13 PM: Message edited by: LakesOnly ]

lakesmodified
12-22-2002, 06:16 AM
LakesOnly, the point you continue to miss, is that NO MONIES were exchanged, NO SERVICE or CHATTEL was exchanged, therefore, no fraud has actually taken place. I had problems before by bidders who have backed out, as well as not receiving the item bought. Both times, eBay didn't even cancel the other person's accounts! There are just too many variables present in a transaction where the item sold is used... It would be really simple for the buyer in this case to pick out a scratch on the turbin case, and state: "This wasn't disclosed" END of DEAL! If you don't believe this, then go ahead and ask the legal firm you have on retainer.... I'm sure they enjoy accepting money from you for letters, legal advice, etc... BUT, see if they're willing to take this case on as a contingency! I bet they decline.... No recovery, NO MONEY for the firm, NO CASE!!! By the way, not to rain on your parade or be an asshole... Just a devils advocate here... But, you said earlier that you sell approx $10K/yr on ebay..... Is that income accounted for on your taxes? If not, you're guilty of tax fraud.... A VERY serious crime!!! :D

full throttle
12-22-2002, 07:49 AM
I made the mistake of negotiating a deal outside of e-bay after an auction had ended, and got burned for 3K (item was a BDS blower set-up) Now I am involved in an Internet fraud case w/the FBI, and D.A. Fortunatly they are taking it very seriously. I think this guy has burned alot of people. Just FYI, be careful

LakesOnly
12-22-2002, 10:12 AM
lakesmodified:
LakesOnly, the point you continue to miss, is that NO MONIES were exchanged, NO SERVICE or CHATTEL was exchanged, therefore, no fraud has actually taken place.Um, that's incorrect. The person is pursued based on breach of contract (which is fraudulent). Ebay did nothing more than provide the platform for the contractual deal to be struck. This is why they don't get very involved...eBay will still get their money from the transaction (charge our credit cards--your contract with them irregardless of how the transaction pans out).
lakesmodified:
you said earlier that you sell approx $10K/yr on ebay..... Is that income accounted for on your taxes? If not, you're guilty of tax fraud. :D Oh, puhleeze. :p Again, incorrect. It's a private party transaction. Think about it: if you sell your boat, do you report the sale as employment income and pay taxes on it? Same is true on any contractual deal.
I've applied these tactics where and when necessary. And look at the post just above this one. Same deal. We all have rights. We should embrace them; not deter from having them at our disposal.
LO

ChetCapoli
12-22-2002, 11:02 AM
hey 502procharger,
did you get a deposit from this guy?? If you did hopefully you kept it. It's a big boy world a whining should not be allowed. Seems like that guy played the game well with you...no offense intended.
What i'd like to know is what is it with people with a "buy it now" price and yet have a minimum set at that "buy it know" price which is usually what you can buy it new for to begin with......is this an auction or what?? Any insight here?
CHET

lakesmodified
12-22-2002, 03:47 PM
LakesOnly:
lakesmodified:
LakesOnly, the point you continue to miss, is that NO MONIES were exchanged, NO SERVICE or CHATTEL was exchanged, therefore, no fraud has actually taken place.Um, that's incorrect. The person is pursued based on breach of contract (which is fraudulent). Ebay did nothing more than provide the platform for the contractual deal to be struck. This is why they don't get very involved...eBay will still get their money from the transaction (charge our credit cards--your contract with them irregardless of how the transaction pans out).
lakesmodified:
you said earlier that you sell approx $10K/yr on ebay..... Is that income accounted for on your taxes? If not, you're guilty of tax fraud. :D Oh, puhleeze. :p Again, incorrect. It's a private party transaction. Think about it: if you sell your boat, do you report the sale as employment income and pay taxes on it? Same is true on any contractual deal.
I've applied these tactics where and when necessary. And look at the post just above this one. Same deal. We all have rights. We should embrace them; not deter from having them at our disposal.
LO NOPE, you're the one that's incorrect.... As you said, "This "IS" part of your income" You're listed as a "Powerseller" on eBay. It is in fact a business, and any income from this business venture is taxable.... Give me a break, "A contractual Deal" like selling your boat? There's a law in Calif that specifies exactly how many of an item can be sold prior to it being a "Business" and your needing a license, etc. I can't specifically remember the number, but I believe in the automotive field, the sale of 3 autos in a 12 month period was the maximum for a private party. After that, you have to have a dealers license, and a business... I'm sure with all the motorcycle fairings, etc that you sell on eBay, you would easily fall into a business venture, and subject to all it's benefits, as well as it's negatives(Taxes, etc)... Call your attorney, he'll give you the scoop. Nope, I'm not an attorney(I don't think you are either)BUT, I did attend a little over a year of Law school in Calif... And(Unfortunately) there was NO FRAUD in 502's deal.. It was a deal gone bad, that's it... Try and recover in court... You'll spend lot's of money, and at the end, all the guy has to bring up, is that one scratch that wasn't accounted for.
I feel for 502, and wish he could recover, unfortunately, in these cases, there isn't much that can be done. Of course, 502 could always call or email the guy back, and offer it to him at a much lower price. Have the idiot drive back out, just to find out someone else just bought it!

502procharger
12-22-2002, 04:58 PM
lakesmodified
i like your style. i feel that one way or another this guy will get his. you are right on, going to court over a few grand is hardly worth my time. It is not that a few grand is nothing to me, but my time and energy is worth much more than that in all the bs of going to court. i learned a lesson. if i sell something on ebay, even if the guy lives down the road from me i will only take a money order for it and do so prior to him picking it up. live and learn.

Rexone
12-22-2002, 06:10 PM
Something just caught my attention here on the subject of income, what's taxable, what's not etc. I'm sure the IRS would enjoy someone trying to explain why they didn't pay tax on 10K worth of ebay income as they wrote out the penaltys with interest for evading tax liability.
Income is income regardless of the source, ebay, paycheck, swap meet, sellin flowers on the corner, whatever. And if it's trackable (10K worth of ebay stuff would be easily trackable) your toast if they catch you not reporting it. Paypals trackable, checks are trackable, credit card transactions are trackable. Unless you're takin green cash for every ebay transaction (not likely) you'd be a "screwed dude" in the eyes of the IRS.
Why do you think they came up with 1099's so any payment over $600 a year to any independent contractor or non-incorporated vendor has to be reported to the IRS? Then placed a huge fine on it for non-compliance? All those little private dealios were slippin through the tax cracks, that's why.
The only shelter from something like this that I know of is if you have a legal corporation set up with which you are conducting the business. Then you are still tax liable albiet the rate of tax may be much less.
Not tryin to piss anyone off here, just tellin you what I know to be true from payin the IRS over the last 30 years or so and havin multiple accountants over the same period teachin me what you can do legally and what you cannot do with regards to paying and not paying income tax. :)
(by the way we do report our ebay income..for any IRS auditor lurkers out there) :D
[ December 22, 2002, 06:43 PM: Message edited by: Rexone ]

ssmike
12-22-2002, 06:25 PM
Rexone,
Check you PM!!!
ssmike

lakesmodified
12-23-2002, 08:56 AM
Rexone, that's exactly the point I was trying to get along to LakesOnly... Not only that, but he says he sends non-payers an attorneys letter and WILL prosecute non-bidders... Well, I'm sure any non-paying bidder that Lakesonly wants to "Play" hardball with, could easily call up the Local Franchise Tax Board in Calif, as well as the IRS, drop his name and ebay name, and they would be extremely happy to investigate the Tax Fraud... I just cannot believe that someone would think that Fraud has taken place just because the deal didn't go through. Like I told him, no monies or chattels were exchanged, a disagreement ensued on the part of the buyer(Probably a dead beat bidder for sure), but non-the-less, the contract was never consumated and there were no actual losses(502Pro can get a refund for his auctions costs, I know, I've gotten them before for non-paying bidders)so there was no fraud! Period! I don't know where LakesOnly is getting his info, but maybe he should get a new attorney! Maybe a Tax accountant while his at it! Damn, I didn't know I could start my own business, and as long as I sold to private individuals, I wouldn't have to pay taxes! Hey Rex, don't you have private accounts you sell to? I guess under LakesOnly's "Sales Rules" You need not disclose that as taxable income! :D

LakesOnly
12-23-2002, 07:35 PM
Holy Toledo, look at all these posts. And to think this thread started just with 396 asking why his bid was cancelled by a seller.
Anyway, I first saw these new developments earlier. Some points made by Lakesmodified got me pretty worried and so I made a few calls today. Here's what I found out:
On selling motor vehicles via private party: I telephoned the California DMV twice today trying to get an answer as to what the maximum number of cars was that a person could sell in a given calendar year before he would be required to get a seller's permit or dealer's license (or whatever). Neither of the two representatives understood the question, and each time it took some re-explaining. The first rep didn't know, went to look it up and couldn't find me an answer. The other said, "if you want to sell cars, you need a dealer's license." I had to re-explain. I was eventually given a number to their dealer licensing division in Los Angeles. It's 7 p.m. now and I still haven't heard back (probably not until after Christmas). Incidentally, I heard some years ago that the magic number was 5 cars, but we'll wait and see.
On selling items on eBay: Spoke to my tax attorney about this one. EBay, newpaper, word-of-mouth, etc., it doesn't matter. Simply put, if you make a profit, you pay taxes on the profit; you don't even have to be in business...it falls under "capital gains." But you absolutley have to make a profit in order to be taxed. So if you buy, say, an old Sanger w/o motor for $1000 and build it up and eventually sell it for $7500, you would be required to pay taxes on any profit made in the whole deal. (So there's another good reason for saving receipts, eh?) On the other hand, if you lose money, you don't owe anything. (If you have $7000 in receipts plus the purchase price of the boat, it's considered a loss.)
As far as the fraud thing goes, there is obviously as many variables in that department as there are in the other two I've touched on here, all of which none of us are experts in. But it looks like Full Throttle is having the FBI investigate internet fraud on one deal and my friend Chris is having another deal investigated. So it's viable under the right circumstances.
In my ugliest case, the piece of sensitive electronics that I spent a fortune on was clearly advertised and sold with intent to deceive. And it's obvious to me now (after reviewng this thread), that I'm still venting about that sour deal. This is something that I absolutley will never stand for; it's unethical and immoral to rip people off. I got my money back. I would think anybody would want a refund; maybe I just put greater time and effort into it rather than lose my cash and feel humiliated.
This is about as far as I wish to go on this thread. (Actually, I think it's all gone a little too far. wink ) Can we get back to boating, please?
LO
[ December 23, 2002, 07:45 PM: Message edited by: LakesOnly ]

WETDAWG
12-23-2002, 11:02 PM
Sorry dude :(
Been burned a couple of times myself but mostly it has been very positive dealing on Ebay :)
I sell a lot of stuff on E bay and guys like this just tick me off :mad:
What do you need? :rolleyes:

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
12-23-2002, 11:58 PM
Damn guys :D I was just asking a simple question letting off a little steam and look what happened :D Thanks for the replies. I would never think of spending a grand on ebay. I just dont have that much trust for "online people" not saying "all" people are bad but I would be extremely pissed off if a guy burned me for a thousand dollars. I know a couple of hundred would have me heated but I could probably get over it. I would never get over loosing a thousand. I would probably drive to the address I sent my money to and personally beat the guys ass who burned me no matter where he lived at :D

WETDAWG
12-24-2002, 12:02 AM
That's exactly what I did!
And I posted a picture of his boat on the boards with my headers :D
That got even a better response that Beating the piss out of him.
I hate myself for that............. wink

K3-River-Rat
12-24-2002, 12:34 AM
Rexone:
Unfortunately there are some dicks on ebay just like everywhere else in life. :( HOLY SHIT :D
I must say, that simple little question
started quite the debate now didn't it eek! :D :D
The whole deal could have been left at the above quote by Mike :D
which is so true wink

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
12-24-2002, 08:36 AM
Thats why I love ***boat :D wink :D wink :D
396_Always_Loves_***boat :D
:D

K3-River-Rat
12-24-2002, 09:32 AM
Hey 396
On your signature there? :confused:
Personally I've always preferred the swallowers! :D :D :D :D wink

superdave013
12-24-2002, 09:53 AM
E Bay's been good to me so far. Been selling and buying alot lately.
You would not believe how many people wanted me to cancle the auction for my turbos. I kept this thread in mind and let them ride. Then the same fockers didn't even bid on them. Oh well, that's the first auction that I didn't do outstanding on.
I do have them sold btw.
As far as getting burned. I guess you have to look at the feedbacks and know what your buying. I've seen some things that were to good to be true and left them alone. Seen alot of others that sold for way more then they should have.

slotracer
12-24-2002, 11:38 AM
ok heres the story i won a msd from a guy. he said his wife sent it to the wrong person and he was going to get it back and send it to me. its been a month now. now i cannot even get a e-mail back from him now. what can i do? thanks pat(slotracer) :D

K3-River-Rat
12-24-2002, 01:34 PM
Well if you already have the name & address see if you
can't get a phone # and CALL him!!!
That's what I did after I got jerked around one time wink IT WORKED :D

slotracer
12-24-2002, 02:27 PM
i have his e-bay name,, how do i get the phone# from e-bay? thanks pat(slotracer) :D

LakesOnly
12-24-2002, 02:44 PM
SLOTRACER:
...how do i get the phone# from e-bay? thanks pat(slotracer) :D Slotracer,
1) Go to ebay home page.
2) At the very bottom, click on "safe trading tips."
3) Click on "Contacting the seller." This will open a new window.
4) Click on "Contact Information." Opens a new window.
At the bottom of "Contact Info," add your user ID and the applicable auction number. Click on "Submit." An address and phone number will be sent to your email. :)
LO
[ December 24, 2002, 02:45 PM: Message edited by: LakesOnly ]

IBEDAM4
12-24-2002, 03:35 PM
SLOTRACER:
From the ebay homepage select: SERVICES
Scroll down the page to: SAFEHARBOR
File a fraud protection complaint
Post his screen name on hot boat so we know
who he is.
Leave a really bad feedback only after
allowing ebay a chance to resolve the problem.
GOOD LUCK
BILL........IBEDAM4@AOL.COM

slotracer
12-24-2002, 04:02 PM
thanks i will try and call him when i get his number and try to resolve the problem if not everyone on all the boards will know his name
thanks pat(slotracer) :D

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
12-24-2002, 06:20 PM
K3-River-Rat:
Hey 396
On your signature there? :confused:
Personally I've always preferred the swallowers!
I also prefer the ones that swallow :D
But I only love boats that S_P_I_T :D :D :D wink

76sanger
12-28-2002, 04:55 AM
i had one bad experience on ebay here goes:
i won the bid on a sony cd250 dig. camera package. i payed with a cashiers check immediatly. about a week later i emailed PRICEITWHOLESALE (the seller, and im not afraid to WARN everyone about them) and asked when my camera got shipped. the jerk on the phone says "its not in our account sir, how did you pay" i told him and then the jibberish garbled up marble head says " oh there is a 10 day clearing period for cashiers checks"?????? i was like "what the **** are you talking about?" i thought the reason behind a cashiers check/money order was that it is 100% good anywhere all the time? so i just bit my lip and said ok. after week 2 i called back and asked when they shipped my camera? "sir it still isnt shipped yet, its being shipped today" and i was happy, and asked them to email tracking ###'s. waited another 3 days...... still no info. called back a 4th time, and still another towel head idiot says oh your package is going out this afternoon. well i wasnt buying it. asked what the tracking ###s were and of course he didnt have them "yet". so i called AGAIN the following day (THIS MAKES 5 TIMES) and he says it shipped out 2 day air cuz of the mistake. i kinda had piece of mind (for 2days that is). i tracked the camera, and the ****ing illiterate idiots shipped the thing to the wrong address 75 miles away. i contacted ups and had them stop it in the town 75 miles away and i picked it up there (im still waiting to get gas money out of PRICEITWHOLESALE hahaha what a joke). the reason i picked it up was becuase i didnt want those asswipes ****ing up the shipping again. so i finally got my camera (3 and a half weeks later, and dont forget they got shipped 2 day air). it was perfect, and exactly as described with all lenses filters blah blah blah.
now to leave feedback... hmmm do i leave neg and risk getting neg from them? i mean i payed right away and fulfilled my end of the deal. or do i just leave neutral?
i went with neutral stating perfect item, terrible customer service and shipping.
yup your right..... i got negative feedback. heres what they said...."EBAY CRYBABY, YOUD BE BETTER OF STAYING AWAY FROM THIS ONE" i responded with "i payed on time and very fast and im the crybaby????"
i told them id contact ebay and i warned PRICEITWHOLESALE that if they didnt remove my bad feedback that i would watch thier auctions and contact all the prospective buyers and warn them of their shady dealings/terrible customer service blah blah blah. they said (HAHA)we will save you the trouble and send your letter to ebay ourselves. OOOOPS hope i didnt bite off more than i can handle. so to all my jet/v-drive/stern drive and outboard boating friends (cuz were all equally poor) STAY AWAY FROM PRICEITWHOLESALE. if my messages saves 2 people the headaches i had, it was worth it. lemme know what you guys think or if youve dealt with priceitwholesale.
heres another idea. maybe we could post a message board that reads "ebay deadbeats" or something like that. and everyone who got boned on ebay (legitimately) could put the name on it.