PDA

View Full Version : Walking shoes

RitcheyRch
11-17-2007, 04:44 PM
Which brand of walking shoes do you guys recommend? I bought some Red Wings about a year ago and they havent lived up to the hype.
Years ago wore Rockports but cant seem to find them anywhere. :mad:

Havasu1986
11-17-2007, 04:49 PM
I thought Redwings were for construction use. :confused:

RitcheyRch
11-17-2007, 04:51 PM
They have a so-called walking shoe as well.
I thought Redwings were for construction use. :confused:

Hal
11-17-2007, 04:57 PM
I use these guys.
http://www.onlineshoes.com/

Not So Fast
11-17-2007, 05:06 PM
I always thought RedWings were over priced and rated, for my money as an operator I liked Wolverines pullon boot the best, comfortable from the first day:D Of course I dont know if they make walking shoes though so sorry for getting off track. What about Adidas or New Balance?? NSF

buzzaro
11-17-2007, 05:17 PM
I always thought RedWings were over priced and rated, for my money as an operator I liked Wolverines pullon boot the best, comfortable from the first day:D Of course I dont know if they make walking shoes though so sorry for getting off track. What about Adidas or New Balance?? NSF
I love the redwing pullons, most comfortable and durable pullons Ive ever owned. I use Asics Gels for running and would recommend them highly.

Not So Fast
11-17-2007, 05:50 PM
I love the redwing pullons, most comfortable and durable pullons Ive ever owned. I use Asics Gels for running and would recommend them highly.
There a foot for every boot I guess:D :D NSF

BoatPI
11-17-2007, 06:51 PM
If you truly want the best walking shoes EVER made, buy MBT. Check with a local shoe store and give them a try. Nothing even close to their comfort.
http://www.mbt-shoes.us/

Kazanski
11-17-2007, 06:53 PM
I own a few pairs of Nike's and think they are very comfortable, I also own a pair of Adidas, and like them as well. As far as finding rockports try Nordstrom, or they should have a store locater on their website.

RitcheyRch
11-17-2007, 07:13 PM
According to the website they dont offer a wide width.
If you truly want the best walking shoes EVER made, buy MBT. Check with a local shoe store and give them a try. Nothing even close to their comfort.
http://www.mbt-shoes.us/
I will check out their website.
I use these guys.
http://www.onlineshoes.com/
I forgot all about Nordstroms. I went to Macy's today and they didnt have much of a selection plus their salesperson wasnt much of that.
I own a few pairs of Nike's and think they are very comfortable, I also own a pair of Adidas, and like them as well. As far as finding rockports try Nordstrom, or they should have a store locater on their website.

BoatPI
11-18-2007, 11:10 AM
You can go the the phone book or web search and look for a local shore store and try some on. they are wide, but the stores are really trained in what the company offers is styles, etc. This is a very different shoe, I use Nike air walking for everyday, but these MBT's are a cut way above. No shoe is even like them. Worth a look.

RitcheyRch
11-18-2007, 11:12 AM
I'm heading out after the Colts game to go check them out.
You can go the the phone book or web search and look for a local shore store and try some on. they are wide, but the stores are really trained in what the company offers is styles, etc. This is a very different shoe, I use Nike air walking for everyday, but these MBT's are a cut way above. No shoe is even like them. Worth a look.

new2cats
11-18-2007, 11:18 AM
Honestly...pick a boot or shoe you like the looks of...then, install a pair of Dr. Scholl's "massaging gel sport replacement insoles"....trim to fit style...they are better than any stock shoe insole ever....like walking on the moon...I feel 50 pounds lighter in them!!! They would make a pair of wooden clogs feel good.....try it...cheap solution!!!

Cheap Thrills
11-18-2007, 11:22 AM
I don't see how anyone can wear Rockports. I've had 3 pair and they kill my feet . Probably the most uncomfortable shoe I have ever tried to wear.
Glad I didn't pay for them.
I am on a set of Reebocks and they're quite comfy and fairly inexpensive.
If your looking for a comfortable, durable boot which is what I normally wear I would suggest Wolverine Goretex hunter or Rocky Cornstalkers both are really nice, comfy and durable but the price is a little steep.
T.

RitcheyRch
11-18-2007, 11:48 AM
I havent had a pair in years but the last pair that I had were excellent fitting and very comfortable.
I don't see how anyone can wear Rockports. I've had 3 pair and they kill my feet . Probably the most uncomfortable shoe I have ever tried to wear.
Glad I didn't pay for them.
I am on a set of Reebocks and they're quite comfy and fairly inexpensive.
If your looking for a comfortable, durable boot which is what I normally wear I would suggest Wolverine Goretex hunter or Rocky Cornstalkers both are really nice, comfy and durable but the price is a little steep.
T.
I cant use those massageing gel type insoles since already have to use orthoticts )sp) due to me being flat footed.
Honestly...pick a boot or shoe you like the looks of...then, install a pair of Dr. Scholl's "massaging gel sport replacement insoles"....trim to fit style...they are better than any stock shoe insole ever....like walking on the moon...I feel 50 pounds lighter in them!!! They would make a pair of wooden clogs feel good.....try it...cheap solution!!!
I will look into the Simpson line. I forgot about those but do know a few people on pit crews that swear by them.
Simpson Crew Shoes
I have a couple pair of these and I love them. They are designed for
pit crews members that are on their feet all day. They are really comfortable
(plus they are built to withstand working around fuels and solvents) :)
I think they are around $60 from Simpson, but I picked up my second pair on ebay for $30
http://www.fasteddieracewear.com/safety/simpson/images/crewshoe.jpg

RitcheyRch
11-18-2007, 12:14 PM
Finding the store is the fun part.
Everybody's foot is different. Go to a store that specializes in running. Tell them exactly what your looking for and ask for help. They will bring out several shoes of different brands. They will watch you walk in them back and forth and see how your knees and and ankles look in motion.
You'll spend about an hour or more finding the right shoes. It will be worth it.