PDA

View Full Version : Miami or the river

Essex29
03-03-2006, 08:25 PM
I am contemplating taking the wife to either South Beach or Havasu the week before Easter (thursday-sunday), but need a little help deciding....we have never been to South Beach and would love to go, but love the river too. We are going to either without kids....
Pro's ???
Con's???

MagicMtnDan
03-03-2006, 10:29 PM
Not sure why you'd want to go to South Beach since you're married (it's a fun place for limp wristed men).
There are other places in South Florida that will be a lot more fun than SB. I don't think you'll enjoy it at all (I know I didn't when I was in Miami Beach on business).

Angry Inch
03-03-2006, 11:06 PM
You can go to Havasu anytime, right?

Bling Bling
03-03-2006, 11:47 PM
South beach, If ya go PM me and I'll hook ya up. One of the funnest places I've ever been. If ya get directed in the right places it's off the hook. Get ready to spend money, it's way expensive. Go Thursday- Monday, there are great places to party on Sunday. And BTW, a great place to take your wife. My wife and I just got back from there a few weeks ago with 6 others, one of the best trips there so far. Anything your little demented mine can drum up, you can get taken care of in South beach. Have fun

Liquid Courage
03-04-2006, 08:20 AM
I would recommend Key West if you're heading that way. My wife and I have been there twice in the last few months and it is a really nice place to get away. Very laid back, party atmosphere with lots to do! South Beach is more of a glam party scene that reminds me alot of partying in Hollywood. If you land at Miami Intl. its a 3 hour drive that is very scenic. or a quick flight on a puddle jumper. Stay at La Concha or the Pier House.

Dribble
03-04-2006, 08:38 AM
I would recommend Key West if you're heading that way. My wife and I have been there twice in the last few months and it is a really nice place to get away. Very laid back, party atmosphere with lots to do! South Beach is more of a glam party scene that reminds me alot of partying in Hollywood. If you land at Miami Intl. its a 3 hour drive that is very scenic. or a quick flight on a puddle jumper. Stay at La Concha or the Pier House.
Just got back from Key West last week. Can't wait to go back.

Liquid Courage
03-04-2006, 11:55 AM
Just got back from Key West last week. Can't wait to go back.
We were there last weekend too. Probably stumbled past each other on Duval st! :D

SHAKEN Not Stirred
03-04-2006, 01:36 PM
You can go to Havasu anytime, right?
Exactly...... :idea:

24ROD
03-04-2006, 05:52 PM
We were there last weekend too. Probably stumbled past each other on Duval st! :D
The Duval Crawl is alot of fun :)

alfonzo
03-04-2006, 07:06 PM
SOUTH BEACH!!!!!(not just for the limp wristed)rent a scooter, its the only way to go!

NOTALENT
03-04-2006, 07:43 PM
As much as I love the river, I have been to south beach one time and shit in my case im single so its the place for me...haha...beautiful women awesome weather and an awesome nightlife...cant forget about the women and sexicans.... :crossx: There are plenty of weekends to hit the river, not much for southbeach. :rollside:

BadKachina
03-04-2006, 09:17 PM
I'm thinking Florida would be nice, I heard there's alot to see down there..... :)
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/3078florida_hottie.jpg

beyondhelpin
03-05-2006, 08:21 AM
Hit South Beach!!!!! The place is a blast. Can get a bit spendy. Went for the first time last year. Was supposed to go a couple weeks ago but something came up. Our friends went ahead without us. The nerve........som biatches! Going to try to go start of May if wife does not start a new job.
Lets see. South Beach is topless. Beautiful women everywhere. What else do you need to know. The place runs 24 hour a day. It is a people watchers paradise. I am not even a big watcher but my neck was sore!!

GHT
03-05-2006, 02:14 PM
South beach, If ya go PM me and I'll hook ya up. One of the funnest places I've ever been. If ya get directed in the right places it's off the hook. Get ready to spend money, it's way expensive. Go Thursday- Monday, there are great places to party on Sunday. And BTW, a great place to take your wife. My wife and I just got back from there a few weeks ago with 6 others, one of the best trips there so far. Anything your little demented mine can drum up, you can get taken care of in South beach. Have fun
Bling Bling,
Wow.... Now I think I'll sell the place in Havi and look for a Studio in SB....
And just think... There IS water close by... :)