PDA

View Full Version : **PINK Rhino Stolen!!**

Ion
11-18-2007, 12:32 PM
A friend of mine had her almost-new custom pink Rhino stolen from her Havasu driveway sometime between last night and this morning. It shouldn't be very hard to spot as I believe it's the only pink one I've seen and I had painted "Forever Daddy's Girl" on the tailgate. It's under several layers of clear, so it would be difficult to remove, PLUS the pink color should make it stick out like a sore thumb. Please notify me if you have seen it around town, or somewhere in so.cal...if someone had the nads to trailer it and transport it away from Havasu.
Thanks!
-Don
http://***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=43347&stc=1&d=1195417843

RitcheyRch
11-18-2007, 12:36 PM
Oh man, that sucks. I sure hope you find it

Mrs.Racer277
11-18-2007, 12:40 PM
That sucks.:( Is it the pink one from Walt's?

RiverRatMike
11-18-2007, 12:42 PM
A friend of mine had her almost-new custom pink Rhino stolen from her Havasu driveway sometime between last night and this morning. It shouldn't be very hard to spot as I believe it's the only pink one I've seen and I had painted "Forever Daddy's Girl" on the tailgate. It's under several layers of clear, so it would be difficult to remove, PLUS the pink color should make it stick out like a sore thumb. Please notify me if you have seen it around town, or somewhere in so.cal...if someone had the nads to trailer it and transport it away from Havasu.
Thanks!
-Don
http://***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=43347&stc=1&d=1195417843
I live here in Havasu and will keep my eye open for it for sure. Hope you find it. That sucks!

djunkie
11-18-2007, 12:46 PM
That really sucks!!!!!!! We'll be out thursday through sunday an we'll keep an eye out or it.

Cheap Thrills
11-18-2007, 12:50 PM
Geeezas ,, that's gonna be hard to hide.
T.

Cheap Thrills
11-18-2007, 12:54 PM
Shouldn't be hard to find.
I could have that cage and those plastics off that Rhino in 30 minutes.
So , you're contradicting your prior statement ? Make up your mind already :D
T.

Ion
11-18-2007, 01:00 PM
That sucks.:( Is it the pink one from Walt's?
Yes, she got it there. I think the Joker's Wild guy's shop did the custom work. (tailgate can't open because cage is too narrow, by the way :D)

Cheap Thrills
11-18-2007, 01:01 PM
All four personalities are going to post on this thread.
The more I started to think about it, the more I thought, "If I still that Rhino, I'm changing the plastics and cage first thing." They're really easy to change.
:D no doubt, They're easy to change but let me play the part of thieving crackhead bastard for a second or two if you will.....
I would probably try to offload it ASAP so I could get my next fix. Aint got no time , gotta geet high Maine.
Idunno ... I hope they find it. I hate thieves as much as I hate liars. No use for either one.
T.

BoatPI
11-18-2007, 01:05 PM
**********TWEAKERS STRIKE AGAIN

djunkie
11-18-2007, 01:08 PM
**********TWEAKERS STRIKE AGAIN
Yup!!!!!!!

djunkie
11-18-2007, 01:08 PM
Hey ION, do you have any side shots of it that show what kind of wheels are on it. Just as little extra to look for.

Mrs.Racer277
11-18-2007, 01:23 PM
Yes, she got it there. I think the Joker's Wild guy's shop did the custom work. (tailgate can't open because cage is too narrow, by the way :D)
I remember it well.
I hope she finds it....
We will keep a look out.

finsfan4life
11-18-2007, 01:29 PM
Just find the nearest Raider fan !!!!

Classic Daycruiser
11-18-2007, 01:40 PM
I'm guessing so no one lays down in the back:D :jawdrop: :eek:

Ion
11-18-2007, 02:00 PM
Hey ION, do you have any side shots of it that show what kind of wheels are on it. Just as little extra to look for.
She's going to send me some tomorrow. The only ones that exist (aside from the one I posted) are on a Walt's employee's digital cam.

IDRPSTF
11-18-2007, 02:28 PM
Dont bother calling Havasu PD, call a local tweaker... offer a reward... you may just get it back.
Tell me one other town where thieves would steal a PINK Rhino and expect to get away with it?
Sorry to hear of your misfortune, I honestly hope you get it home safe and sound

Kilrtoy
11-18-2007, 03:00 PM
Dont bother calling Havasu PD, call a local tweaker... offer a reward... you may just get it back.
Tell me one other town where thieves would steal a PINK Rhino and expect to get away with it?
Sorry to hear of your misfortune, I honestly hope you get it home safe and sound
I guess that would be the same town where you can steal a boat strip it and the police have your name and still dont arrest you:eek:

02HoWaRd26
11-18-2007, 03:58 PM
the best thing would be a reward poster in a few gas stations on the uglier side of town I would think!!!

Wet Dream
11-18-2007, 04:03 PM
So, you're saying Walt sucks? Or is it the custom guy? :D

Wet Dream
11-18-2007, 04:14 PM
When you put a four seater cage on, the idea is to have a backseat. There's no reason to open the tailgate with a backseat.
If it comes with a tailgate... I want a working tailgate!!! :D ;)

2Driver
11-18-2007, 04:22 PM
For $400 it has new plastic on it by now.
I'd be looking for a similar accessorized Rhino with blue, green or red plastics.
Just my 02
Run an ad in the white sheet for Rhino "take off" plastics for "$100 takes all". I bet the guy who shows up has your Rhino.

Wet Dream
11-18-2007, 04:25 PM
With all the money poured into these things, why the complete lack of security? Alarm systems, ignition lockouts, steering locks, brake locks? Where does the problem exist?

Miss Throttle
11-18-2007, 04:59 PM
I know exactly what Rhino this is, i wanted it-very cute. I will keep my eyes open..Hopefully it was insured.
This sucks!!!!! :mad: :mad:

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
11-18-2007, 05:18 PM
With all the money poured into these things, why the complete lack of security? Alarm systems, ignition lockouts, steering locks, brake locks? Where does the problem exist?
:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

shadow
11-18-2007, 05:30 PM
I belive i know the Rhino,i've seen it around.
I will keep my eyes peeled for it or any parts for sale.

Redneck
11-18-2007, 05:31 PM
She's going to send me some tomorrow. The only ones that exist (aside from the one I posted) are on a Walt's employee's digital cam.
I think I have some pics somewere around here I worked on that rhino too. Ill keep my eyes open give me a call

riverracerx
11-18-2007, 06:00 PM
Might want to watch for trailered Rhinos with no plastic on them as well. And parted out cage and wheels/tires for sure. Keep an eye on eBay as well. Look for any Rhino parts that look suspicious under newer user names. Or if they are really dumb, say that the item ships from LHC, AZ.
Good luck

HammerDown
11-18-2007, 06:05 PM
Shouldn't be hard to find.
I doubt it will be Pink for very long...too obvious.

Wet Dream
11-18-2007, 06:09 PM
:rolleyes: :rolleyes:
I expected you, of all people to be totally lost at that question. What part are you having a hard time with? Is it the whole thing? Maybe we can get you through this one piece at a time. Tell us where you are so confused.

Dezertrider
11-18-2007, 06:52 PM
Just find the nearest Raider fan !!!!
:argue: :eat: :boxingguy :) :idea:

RiverRatMike
11-18-2007, 06:59 PM
how did they steal it? was the key in the ignition or did they just roll it away? I always keep my rhino in the garage no matter what.

djunkie
11-19-2007, 01:27 AM
how did they steal it? was the key in the ignition or did they just roll it away? I always keep my rhino in the garage no matter what.
Whenever I drive mine around town and park it in a public place I put a strong cable lock through the wheels and around the bumper. If they really want it bad enough they'll get it but at least the lock will slow them down. Sucks this happened. :( :(

YeLLowBoaT
11-19-2007, 01:35 AM
Sorry to hear that is got ripped off...
but does anyone else thing it just "screamed" bitch? :eek:
Its already been painted or had the body replaced( unless they are complete idiots)

Brewzed
11-19-2007, 08:23 AM
Whenever I drive mine around town and park it in a public place I put a strong cable lock through the wheels and around the bumper. If they really want it bad enough they'll get it but at least the lock will slow them down. Sucks this happened. :( :(
I use a Kryponite cable & lock. The other goodie all rhinos should have is the battery disconnect switch. It takes a special key to get juice to the rhino. They can still push it away, but if you use the cable/lock it makes it really hard to push.
There are only 8-10 different keys for these things so if you don't have your key in it, there is a good chance someone else will.

uLtRADeNniS
11-19-2007, 08:29 AM
Sucks to hear...Hope she has insurance!
While on the subject of Rhinos and backseats:
Has anyone face there back seats backward? I'm thinking of doing this, but everyone tells me that people will get motion sickness. I just think it would be easier for people to get in and out.

Kilrtoy
11-19-2007, 08:34 AM
Its already been painted or had the body replaced( unless they are complete idiots)
UMMM, it belong to a young lady, NICE ONE ASSHOLE

catman-do
11-19-2007, 08:38 AM
I say hop in a jeep, and go through some of the desert. I would think its either tweeks trying to offload the thing for some dope, or its some kids that wanted to have fun. Took the thing in the desert and left it at the bottom of a wash. :idea:

ATLAS
11-19-2007, 09:31 AM
the problem with the rhinos is one key fits all so anyone can just drive them away if they have a key

Baja Big Dog
11-19-2007, 09:55 AM
As nice as this is, wouldnt it warm your heart to hear about a nice pink Rhino wadded up underneath a truck on hwy 95, double fatalities, with broken crack pipes in there hands!!!
Scum shit bags....:mad:

djunkie
11-19-2007, 11:26 AM
the problem with the rhinos is one key fits all so anyone can just drive them away if they have a key
No thats not true. My key doesn't work in any of my friends Rhinos. I'll be it was pushed away.

BoatFloating
11-19-2007, 11:56 AM
The question begs to be asked.... Why was it left outside over night???:confused: I hope they find it.

Keith E. Sayre
11-19-2007, 12:29 PM
10 years ago in Havasu this wouldn't have happened. Heck I didn't even have
a key to my front door. Didn't need one. I wonder who is here now that
wasnt' here 10 years ago??? hummmm?

uLtRADeNniS
11-19-2007, 01:22 PM
10 years ago in Havasu this wouldn't have happened. Heck I didn't even have
a key to my front door. Didn't need one. I wonder who is here now that
wasnt' here 10 years ago??? hummmm?
Of course it wouldn't have happened 10 years ago...they didn't make Rhinos yet.:D

Ion
11-19-2007, 01:45 PM
Not that it matters to you and I'm sure she'd rather I didn't reveal this, but your post just "screamed" judgemental idiot and I felt the need to defend:
The saying I painted was in memory of her recently deceased father, which makes the loss of this even more hard to swallow for her.

Mrs.Racer277
11-19-2007, 01:55 PM
NO
And I think your comment was rude :(

hoolign
11-19-2007, 02:31 PM
NO
And I think your comment was rude :(
and rude is not nice on HB! :mad:

02HoWaRd26
12-05-2007, 08:50 AM
Any new word on this rhino, as well any new pics to see the parts we should be watching for???