PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone built a gas engine with NOS and used alcohol for the enrichment fuel?

Hass828
11-18-2007, 01:06 PM
Has anyone built a gas engine with nos and alcohol for the enrichment fuel? Just wondering, I'm building an nos motor for a friend and from my research this would be the ultimate.

IMPATIENT 1
11-18-2007, 01:36 PM
i talked to the nitrous express guys and they say nitrous and alky work better together than gas/nitrous. you'd think once the tune is right on the nitrous, you wouldn't have to retard near as much enriching with alky instead of gas. the mixer fuel set-up is very interesting, give me a call when you learn more, i've been thinking on it myself. run e85 for the nitrous;) be cheaper than methanol and work just as good:)

Sleeper CP
11-19-2007, 03:33 PM
My brother and I have been doing it for 15 yrs:D
What do you want to know ? Our 512" Ford dyno'd at 710 Hp at 6,000 in 1992. We did a lot of research on it and ended up with a guy named John Stewart of Top Gun Nitrous out of Texas.
One of the reasons we went with the Methanol is that for the same amount of nitrous used you pick up approx. 50 more HP. If the system would be a 250 HP nitrous/gas system it would be 300 HP using the same nitrous jet and the appropriate methanol enrichment jet. You also don't need to retard the timing as much.
If I can be of any help let me know.
Sleeper CP
Big Inch Ford Lover

IMPATIENT 1
11-20-2007, 06:57 AM
My brother and I have been doing it for 15 yrs:D
What do you want to know ? Our 512" Ford dyno'd at 710 Hp at 6,000 in 1992. We did a lot of research on it and ended up with a guy named John Stewart of Top Gun Nitrous out of Texas.
One of the reasons we went with the Methanol is that for the same amount of nitrous used you pick up approx. 50 more HP. If the system would be a 250 HP nitrous/gas system it would be 300 HP using the same nitrous jet and the appropriate methanol enrichment jet. You also don't need to retard the timing as much.
If I can be of any help let me know.
Sleeper CP
Big Inch Ford Lover
any ill effects of mixing fuels?

Sleeper CP
11-20-2007, 07:36 AM
No ill effects.
Just need to have a separate fuel tank for the methanol.
The cool thing is we have the systems spray bar installed in the plenum. We also have a plate under the carb that only has the enrichment fuel side hooked up with a small jet. It's on a separate switch. When it's a 110 degree day at the river we can hit the plate system only and spray methanol into the engine. The cooling effect of the methanol can add 200 rpm's and a few mph. The engine thinks it's an 80 degree day ;)
Sleeper CP
Big Inch Ford Lover

IMPATIENT 1
11-20-2007, 11:24 AM
No ill effects.
Just need to have a separate fuel tank for the methanol.
The cool thing is we have the systems spray bar installed in the plenum. We also have a plate under the carb that only has the enrichment fuel side hooked up with a small jet. It's on a separate switch. When it's a 110 degree day at the river we can hit the plate system only and spray methanol into the engine. The cooling effect of the methanol can add 200 rpm's and a few mph. The engine thinks it's an 80 degree day ;)
Sleeper CP
Big Inch Ford Lover
man, that's a good idea!