PDA

View Full Version : Bored @ open house again!

Swoop
11-18-2007, 03:41 PM
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Anything fun going on?

scarabrick2
11-18-2007, 03:44 PM
@ mgm grand Detroit, Mich ...... watchin nascar and havn a captain and coke. almost 7 here and its frickn freeze n outside.

BoatPI
11-18-2007, 03:46 PM
I went to look at an open house last week. The realator said everyone was talking the same thing, HIGH property taxes. All were about 55 years old and wanted to take the one time exemption/carryover that is worthless as it is limited to a 5% value increase. I do not understand why the realators assn and Howard Jarvis assn do not get together and work on increasing that limit from say 5% to 50% or 100% increase.

sanger rat
11-18-2007, 03:57 PM
@ mgm grand Detroit, Mich ...... watchin nascar and havn a captain and coke. almost 7 here and its frickn freeze n outside.
Still sweatshirt weather. You like it?:D

Havasu1986
11-18-2007, 03:59 PM
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Anything fun going on?
Where you at..Anaheim Hills again. :confused:

Swoop
11-18-2007, 04:26 PM
AH again.... Ton of open houses today too, only 3 people in so im booooored...
That prop 60 I believe you can go up to 10% higher but you have to wait a year before buying.... It could be worse, my mom did that and downsized and now wishes she bought something more $.

totenhosen
11-18-2007, 05:33 PM
I went to look at an open house last week. The realator said everyone was talking the same thing, HIGH property taxes. All were about 55 years old and wanted to take the one time exemption/carryover that is worthless as it is limited to a 5% value increase. I do not understand why the realators assn and Howard Jarvis assn do not get together and work on increasing that limit from say 5% to 50% or 100% increase.
It's great for people at that age who typically downsize.

BoatPI
11-18-2007, 06:27 PM
It is not always downsizing, perhaps a more 'enhanced' property. I was looking for a house about the same size in a newer track, but the price is 40% more. Makes it dificult. If this law was diferent then the RE business would still be moving along I believe.

totenhosen
11-18-2007, 06:35 PM
It is not always downsizing, perhaps a more 'enhanced' property. I was looking for a house about the same size in a newer track, but the price is 40% more. Makes it dificult. If this law was diferent then the RE business would still be moving along I believe.
I agree, however being that it is a once in a lifetime exemption it really is intended for people downsizing and whose incomes are potentially reduced. (Retiring).

Cheap Thrills
11-18-2007, 06:38 PM
Here , go watch a movie. (http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=170263&highlight=Video+Site) :)
T.

scarabrick2
11-18-2007, 07:44 PM
Still sweatshirt weather. You like it?:D
Hell NO !!!!!!!!!!!:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
Rain 4 tuesday rain snow 4 Wed so they say.....
Working outside @ the NEW MGM GRAND DETROIT
Stop buy !!!
I'll be here till Thrusday am

BoatPI
11-18-2007, 07:57 PM
By purchasing another house my property tax would incrase from $2,500 per year to $20,000 per year. I believe that whenprop 60 was written no one expected down the road such an increase in property values and coresponding taxes.

sanger rat
11-18-2007, 08:43 PM
Hell NO !!!!!!!!!!!:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
Rain 4 tuesday rain snow 4 Wed so they say.....
Working outside @ the NEW MGM GRAND DETROIT
Stop buy !!!
I'll be here till Thrusday am
Wish I would known earlier,:( I would have made the trip down there to say Hi.:)

TCHB
11-18-2007, 09:18 PM
Mother In law sold her small home in Whittier $500K, and now moving to Havasu in 5 weeks. It took six months to sell her house.

talkinghead
11-18-2007, 09:46 PM
I'm sure many heard this: Last week the CEO of Wells Fargo basically stated that the housing market is as bad as he's seen it ever. And I think he said the housing market has not been this slow since the depression.
We all knew this would happen, but I didn't think it would get this bad.
In Temecula I would say housing prices are back to 2003 levels.
Where is the bottom?

XtrmWakeborder
11-18-2007, 09:48 PM
I'm many heard this: Last week the CEO of Wells Fargo basically stated that the housing market is as bad as he's seen it ever. And I think he said the housing market has no been this slow since the depression.
We all knew this would happen, but I didn't think it would get this bad.
In Temecula I would say housing prices are back to 2003 levels.
Where is the bottom?
Hopefully when i'm ready to buy in a year or so... :D

Swoop
11-18-2007, 10:10 PM
Interest rates are great, tons of options out there but so many people are scared and thats it. The short sales are what's really messing this market up, tons of stupid agents out there under pricing them and giving people false hope as well as screwing up the prices by doing so.
Grr.

Swoop
11-18-2007, 10:36 PM
Some areas are still doing just fine, it's not nearly as bad as the media makes it out to be.

BajaMike
11-18-2007, 11:19 PM
I would never buy a place in California with Mello-Roos taxes.....such a rip off....usually doubles your taxes with no benefit....except putting money in the governments pockets.......
Just way to get around Prop 13............:idea:

talkinghead
11-19-2007, 07:52 AM
Really? The people across the street from us just sold their place for maybe $50,000 below the high value of 2006. Certainly not 2003 prices. It was on the market for a little while, but they sold it for what they were asking.
In Paloma del Sol and also Crowne Hill, Paseo del Sol and Vintage Hills that's what I am seeing. There may be exceptions, but that's what I am seeing.