PDA

View Full Version : Do You McD's or Starbux for Coffee?

Trailer Park Casanova
11-19-2007, 07:05 AM
Which do you prefer?
Mc Donalds is reported to be making a run at Starbux morning coffee biz.
They want each franchise to ante up $100.000 for a Mocha bar idea, the owners not happy.
We like Starbux.
What's your take?

RitcheyRch
11-19-2007, 07:17 AM
What is this coffee you speak of? :D

Trailer Park Casanova
11-19-2007, 07:32 AM
What is this coffee you speak of? :D
I just drink the regular strong coffee.
It varies around the country.
In the 909 Starbux offers xtra strong, here in Ventura Co,, just coffee.
Haven't tried McD's in a while,, maybe we'll give it another shot. Everyone seems to like it, and it's priced right.
Fine looking girls passing through Starbux every morning.
Wife get the White Chocolate coffee,, and I can't pronounce what the daughter orders,, but it looks like an ice cream sundae.

maxwedge
11-19-2007, 07:43 AM
Starbucks coffe tastes way better, but for the same price at McDonalds you get a bigger coffee, a breakfast sandwich, a hash brown, some cinnimon thingys, a chance to win millions and a pretty good shot at dying of cholesterol related heart failure all at the same time. I'd say McD's has more tangible stuff for the money, but I also don't think putting in some gas station style machines that make crappy flavored coffee is gonna help them compete against Starbucks one bit. I don't think the Starbucks crowd is converting to McD's any time soon or vice versa.

Lightning
11-19-2007, 07:49 AM
I prefer 7-11 coffee over both.

Kilrtoy
11-19-2007, 08:35 AM
I know alot of people say McDonalds has some really god coffee, I have been meaning to try this

RitcheyRch
11-19-2007, 08:38 AM
Dont drink coffee here. I get my kicks with soda. :D

uLtRADeNniS
11-19-2007, 08:40 AM
Which do you prefer?
Mc Donalds is reported to be making a run a Starbux morning coffee biz.
They want each franchise to ante up $100.000 for a Mocha bar idea, the owners not happy.
We like Starbux.
What's you take?
Out of all I prefer Its A Grind Coffee, they are the shiz..but the randomly closed the one by my house. So my second choice would be Coffee Bean, but there isn't one on my way to the office. I would go to Mc Donalds, but I'm to tempted to eat their breakfast and I'm supposed to be eating better... So I settle for Starbucks. I hate their coffee it tastes like road tar so I have to order a latte(about $3.50).:rolleyes:
If I'm running really late I grab a Diet Rockstar out of the fridge...Im always stocked up on those!
I think I should start making coffee at home. :idea:

Cheap Thrills
11-19-2007, 08:56 AM
I would have to have my head examined to spend $4+ on a cup of coffee.
Starbucks cant hold a candle to Gevalia (http://www.gevalia.com/Gevalia/index.aspx) Though it's not some Double Bubble Half Caff Gobledy Goop FooFoo Frappe' it's some damn good coffee. :D
T.

76ANTHONY
11-19-2007, 09:06 AM
CIRCLE K rules:D

maxwedge
11-19-2007, 09:52 AM
I think the main reason people go to Starbucks is the atmosphere. From personal observation, it seems the average Starbucks is filled with business professionals, well dressed stay at home moms, and for lack of a better description, the always endearing stoner/punk-rock/art/hippie/poetry/actress type chicks who are reading some obsure novel in the corner. Usuallly there's a also cute girl or three behind the counter who will give you a nice smile, to make your horredously overpriced coffee almost seem worthwhile.
McDonalds, on the other hand, is typically filled with old men reading the paper with shakey hands and hoping to die soon, dirty construction workers who got rained out, and screaming bratty kids being berated by equally screamy white trash mothers. On top of that the typical McD's crew seems to consist mainly of re-curring crack addicts, grossly overweight 50 year old women with nasty looking warts and mustaches, recently released felons, and recently crossed illegal mexicans who can't speak english well enough to know if you ordered a Big Mac or a plate of ass wipe, not that there's really much difference.

Baja Big Dog
11-19-2007, 10:06 AM
No better way to start the day for me than to spend 5 bucks on a cup of coffee!!! Man thats livin!!:eek:
Nope..its Chevron on Yorba Linda blvd and Placentia ave..buck 20, and down the road, and I dont feel compelled to leave a fricken tip!!!
Besides..they all make a TURD!!!

Rexone
11-19-2007, 11:18 AM
McDonalds, on the other hand, is typically filled with old men reading the paper with shakey hands and hoping to die soon, dirty construction workers who got rained out, and screaming bratty kids being berated by equally screamy white trash mothers. On top of that the typical McD's crew seems to consist mainly of re-curring crack addicts, grossly overweight 50 year old women with nasty looking warts and mustaches, recently released felons, and recently crossed illegal mexicans who can't speak english well enough to know if you ordered a Big Mac or a plate of ass wipe, not that there's really much difference.
lol.
Now that is some pretty accurate shit.
Back when I was an avid coffee drinker my preference was circle K or 711 both for taste and value. Somehow buying a $5.00 grande that is smaller than your average medium and stronger than a cup of mineral spirits doesn't appeal to me. Fock the atmosphere, I'm keeping my $3.50. :D

BowTie Rick
11-19-2007, 11:46 AM
http://www.beaners.com/Portals/_default/Skins/Beaners/images/left_front.gif
This says it all...
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1326454082877863299&q=kid+from+brooklyn+starbucks&total=30&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=0

DeltaSigBoater
11-19-2007, 12:00 PM
I prefer 7-11 coffee over both.
Jack In The Box has a decent cup of coffee. I would go to Jack In The Box for my mornig coffee, but since its right across the caddy corner to the high school its crowded. There isn't a 7-11 close to where I live, however there are like 3 Starbucks, so thats where I normally go.
Whenever I eat McDonalds I feel like crap for the rest of the day

Rexone
11-19-2007, 12:02 PM
Whenever I eat McDonalds I feel like crap for the rest of the day
As you should. :D

Tremor Therapy
11-19-2007, 12:06 PM
$4 for a cup of coffee? :eek:
Geez, I'll just keep buying about 2 pounds a month from Costco for $7, and brew it at home. Hell I could get the best coffee maker made plus coffee for the rest of the year for what some of you must spend in about 3 months!

DeltaSigBoater
11-19-2007, 12:17 PM
$4 for a cup of coffee? :eek:
Geez, I'll just keep buying about 2 pounds a month from Costco for $7, and brew it at home. Hell I could get the best coffee maker made plus coffee for the rest of the year for what some of you must spend in about 3 months!
I pay 1.95 for a Venti, what Starbucks calls a large, Coffee.
But paying $4-5 dollars so some douche can mix schorched milk, expresso, chocolate suryp, and whip cream, give me a break.

ZBODaytona
11-19-2007, 12:23 PM
I make mine at home...Though I live in the sticks in FL where Starbucks has taken over yet.....Even if they where around I would still make it at home. Though I have had to buy from starbucks when in the airport or out of town.....oh the horror...paying 4-5 bucks for coffee....besides starbucks is just trendy and I am far from that

Ziggy
11-19-2007, 12:30 PM
I'll save all $5+ cuz I don't drink that stuff.....Strangley, I love the smell of brewing coffee but can't stand the taste of it.
Stop by most of your friendly local car dealerships and you can get a free cup ;) :D

centerhill condor
11-19-2007, 12:43 PM
I roll and brew my own..the new wife got me hooked on coffee..
Incidentally, starbucks is opening 1500 new stores in the US this year. Where do they put these new stores?
My good old friend buys starbucks at the drivethru and tips? WTH?
CC

Chromegorilla
11-19-2007, 01:02 PM
This says it all...
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1326454082877863299&q=kid+from+brooklyn+starbucks&total=30&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=0
Thats is some seriously funny chit right there! LMFAO!

uLtRADeNniS
11-19-2007, 01:11 PM
I think the main reason people go to Starbucks is the atmosphere. From personal observation, it seems the average Starbucks is filled with business professionals, well dressed stay at home moms, and for lack of a better description, the always endearing stoner/punk-rock/art/hippie/poetry/actress type chicks who are reading some obsure novel in the corner. Usuallly there's a also cute girl or three behind the counter who will give you a nice smile, to make your horredously overpriced coffee almost seem worthwhile.
That would be a great customer testimonial on the Starbucks website!

DeltaSigBoater
11-19-2007, 02:51 PM
If it makes anyone feel better buying a gallon of gas is still cheaper then a buying gallon of coffee :D

Rvr Swpr
11-19-2007, 05:20 PM
At 1pm the other day went in Starbucks,ordered Grande houseblend. The kid says we are out,do you want me to brew some.lol,what are you open for if you do not have coffee ready. Walked across the parking lot to McD.Good coffee.Must be hell getting good help.

burtandnancy2
11-19-2007, 07:43 PM
Senior coffee McD's varies from 49 to 69 cents (where the hell did the cent sign go) but its awful hot. Can't afford $3.00 coffee if I'm paying $3.59 for gas. (By the way, got nailed for $3.999 today up the I-5) for diesel...

bruddah
11-19-2007, 08:49 PM
7-11 coffee for me as well...

mrs.rvrluvr
11-19-2007, 09:01 PM
I do Starbucks everyday but paying $4.40 for my latte is getting old. I might just have to try McD's coffee.

SummerBreeze
11-19-2007, 09:14 PM
I havent been to Mickey D's in years
is this what has happened??

DeltaSigBoater
11-19-2007, 09:28 PM
I do Starbucks everyday but paying $4.40 for my latte is getting old. I might just have to try McD's coffee.
$4.40 for coffee with steamed milk :jawdrop: