PDA

View Full Version : Berkley engine removal

Tee
01-19-2003, 11:32 AM
Ok, I give?
How is the motor attached to the jet? I have it all disconnected and cannot figure out what to unbolt so I can pull the motor?
Thanks for your help.
Tee

Mohavekid
01-19-2003, 11:51 AM
The jet should be attached to the engine by a splined slip coupling. Just slide the motor forward 3-4 inches and you should be home free.
Another more labor intensive method is to unbolt the drive line from your flywheel/flexplate.
Good luck.

Moomawnster
01-19-2003, 11:51 AM
OK give me a while ..... I think I have photos of mine in pieces I'll get back to ya ... but you should be able to pull the motor off the spline shaft IF you have all the bolts off ...

Tee
01-19-2003, 12:00 PM
So do I unbolt the bell housing?

GlastronGuy
01-19-2003, 12:08 PM
Tee:
So do I unbolt the bell housing? No

Moomawnster
01-19-2003, 12:15 PM
It should come apart like this ....
http://free.***boat.net/ubb/Avatars/Forum_Graphic_Depot/motordrop.JPG

Mohavekid
01-19-2003, 12:18 PM
If everything is loose, just slide the motor forward a few inches and it should slide right off. Double check your mount bolts and for any miscelleaneous cables or wires that are still attached. If you have a driveline gaurd, verify it's still not attached somewhere.
Don't unbolt your bellhousing

Tee
01-19-2003, 01:02 PM
Thanks Moom,
If I have this figured out right the cone shaped thing that bolts to the bell housing is the rear motor mount! It has a half circle shaped collar that I can separate. Or do I remove that from the bellhousing. It looks like in your picture that the piece I am talking about has been removed.
------ Tee

matt1
01-19-2003, 01:24 PM
Ok first off you have a 3 point mount setup. you should unbolt that half circle collar and remove it.Then you should unbolt the front mounts not the ones that bolt to the block or the stringer but there should be a bar that goes from the stringer mount to the block mount take that nut off on each side should be 3/4" nut.then lift the motor up a little in the front till it clears the studs and slide motor forward.It might not slide forward that easy it will depend on wheather or not that someone put grease are antiseze on the splined shaft they might be rusted together hope this helps.

Moomawnster
01-19-2003, 11:21 PM
I have better pics that I can't find but ... yes the spline shaft is in there when you seperate the mount behind the bell housing ... Matt's got it right ! Good luck !

Tee
01-20-2003, 07:09 PM
Thanks for your help guys.
I undid the half thing at the jet and it popped right out.
Laters --------- Tee