PDA

View Full Version : Qaudrasteer Chevy HD

uLtRADeNniS
11-19-2007, 03:55 PM
Anyone have one? Has anyone lifted one?
I just bought one and want to lift it. I called 4wheel parts and they say there is nothing different with lifting them, just not to go bigger than 35" tires and I can use any kit. The only thing they recommend is wheel spacers in the front and rear.
So I called BTW Performance and they said Bullet Proof are the only ones that make a kit for it. For there 6" inch kit, 35"s and 18" rims they want $7500 installed. I don't know how they came up with that price?
Lift kit with shocks - $2000
Rims and tires I want - $2000
....So install is $3,500 bucks? Yeah RIGHT!..If so Im in the wrong business!
Can anyone shed some light please.... I figure I can get better advice on rather than calling around.
http://autoreview.ru/new_site/year2003/n03/news/800/QUAD.jpg

sigepmock
11-19-2007, 04:11 PM
Anyone have one? Has anyone lifted one?
I just bought one and want to lift it. I called 4wheel parts and they say there is nothing different with lifting them, just not to go bigger than 35" tires and I can use any kit. The only thing they recommend is wheel spacers in the front and rear.
So I called BTW Performance and they said Bullet Proof are the only ones that make a kit for it. For there 6" inch kit, 35"s and 18" rims they want $7500 installed. I don't know how they came up with that price?
Lift kit with shocks - $2000
Rims and tires I want - $2000
....So install is $3,500 bucks? Yeah RIGHT!..If so Im in the wrong business!
Can anyone shed some light please.... I figure I can get better advice on rather than calling around.
First off DON'T TRUST ANYTHING 4WHEEL PARTS SAYS!!!!!
Then call around to a couple different REPUTABLE lift shops. Jay at Extreme trucks Anaheim, Jason at Rancho Motorsports in Ontario. The rear stear uses an electric actuator I think and they don't like the larger tires at slow speeds. I'm not 100% sure but I remember reading it wasn't that easy to lift them. Also wheel spacers are always a bad idea in HD trucks....Just get the right back spacing.
Do a search hear:
http://www.fullsizechevy.com/forums/
Good Luck,
Chris

uLtRADeNniS
11-19-2007, 04:21 PM
First off DON'T TRUST ANYTHING 4WHEEL PARTS SAYS!!!!!
Then call around to a couple different REPUTABLE lift shops. Jay at Extreme trucks Anaheim, Jason at Rancho Motorsports in Ontario. The rear stear uses an electric actuator I think and they don't like the larger tires at slow speeds. I'm not 100% sure but I remember reading it wasn't that easy to lift them. Also wheel spacers are always a bad idea in HD trucks....Just get the right back spacing.
Do a search hear:
http://www.fullsizechevy.com/forums/
Good Luck,
Chris
Is 4wheel parts a crappy shop?
I just talked to a guy from Outlaw Offroad. Real cool guy. He suggested to leave the back alone(because of the rear spindles) and put CST 4" spindles on the front... with that I can run some 33" Toyos. I will sit a little pre-runner buts thats perfectly fine with me. I really don't wanna go 6" anyways. The guys at Outlaw seem to be able to do what I want for the price I want.. So ill be taking the truck there it looks like.

LAFD
11-19-2007, 04:31 PM
ide say definitly give jay a shot. he did some work on my truck way cool guy easy to work with and wont dick you around. btw is way expensive. the owner is a dick and a couple employees are going to be quiting soon.

Uniqueperformancewest
11-19-2007, 05:58 PM
Dennis,
If you bring the truck to me I will do the install for free on the 4" CST spindles, let me know and I will get everything going for you.
Thanks John
Unique Performance West, Inc.

AZJD
11-19-2007, 06:07 PM
Dennis,
If you bring the truck to me I will do the install for free on the 4" CST spindles, let me know and I will get everything going for you.
Thanks John
Damn! That's pretty cool.

BoatPI
11-19-2007, 06:34 PM
Sounds like another HB Forum deal!

Markos
11-19-2007, 06:36 PM
I have a 2003 hd 2 wd with Qaudrasteer. 4 wheel Parts put a 6 in lift on it. The only problem is they said they couldn't change the shocks because of the auto ride on the computor.They fabbed up some shock extenders that are kind of funkie. What will happen if I change the shocks? Will I get some kind of warning light or will it F*** things up? I really need more shocks.

uLtRADeNniS
11-19-2007, 07:20 PM
Thanks Jay! I'll be in touch with you soon!
I have a 2003 hd 2 wd with Qaudrasteer. 4 wheel Parts put a 6 in lift on it. The only problem is they said they couldn't change the shocks because of the auto ride on the computor.They fabbed up some shock extenders that are kind of funkie. What will happen if I change the shocks? Will I get some kind of warning light or will it F*** things up? I really need more shocks.
Do you have pics of your truck? Id like to see it!
What size tires did you go with? Do they rub on the springs?
I would think if you changed the shocks you would just loose the auto ride. I have it too and wouldn't mind sacrificing it. For a set of Bilsteins.

Markos
11-19-2007, 07:46 PM
I have 16 in with 33 in . They look real small, I will be getting bigger tires soon. I'll be at the Springs all weekend #177 I think I paid about $2,500. for the lift

BadKachina
11-19-2007, 07:55 PM
The last one I saw had Welds that had about 70% offset to clear the springs. I think they were 20 x 12's. I thought it looked kinda old school, the way everybody used to run 15 x 12's with Mickeys. The owner also said it was a tire eater. It was in a buddys shop where he cut the cab to the bed for a box with 8 12's in it...:rolleyes: Let's just say the deeps fit the owner and the truck. It was loud as hell though.

Uniqueperformancewest
11-19-2007, 08:39 PM
Im not sure if you guys are getting confused or not but my name is John haha not Jay. I keep seeing everyone say Jay as if your refering to my posts, not sure if Im reading it wrong or not but just wanted to clearify that Im John with Unique Performance West.
Thanks John

goneboatin
11-19-2007, 09:23 PM
Try this website: http://quadrasteerclub.infopop.cc/eve This is where I found a wealth of info when I had my '04 Quadrasteer. I sure miss the tight turning radius and the ease of backing up a trailer. GM sure missed the boat on not offering it on the HD lines.

socaldieselkrew
11-19-2007, 09:44 PM
I had an 03 Quadrasteer C3 Sierra Denali... It had the 6.0 motor so the power was great. I had a Full Throttle Suspensions 9" ran 38.5 intercos for a while. It was great but you could feel the truck just screaming when u tried to turn all the wheels in one place such as a parking spot. I burned out a quadrasteer motor at 66K but the truck was also driven to hell and back a few times so no biggie, warranty covered it.
Great truck i wish they continued with the system and worked the bugs out of it, it would be great on the big trucks.

YeLLowBoaT
11-19-2007, 09:47 PM
Stay Away From 4 Wheel Parts!!!!!

riverbound
11-19-2007, 09:57 PM
A couple year ago.. we built one for a customer. we used the bulletproof lift on it. and they did some extra stuff to it. I think the lift was in the 14" range and we had 40's on 22"rims. it was definitely a head turner. here is the only pic I have of it (It got stolen shortly after completion :( ) Its the whit chevy with the Blue flames on it.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/medium/681Picture_069.jpg

uLtRADeNniS
11-19-2007, 10:46 PM
A couple year ago.. we built one for a customer. we used the bulletproof lift on it. and they did some extra stuff to it. I think the lift was in the 14" range and we had 40's on 22"rims. it was definitely a head turner. here is the only pic I have of it (It got stolen shortly after completion :( ) Its the whit chevy with the Blue flames on it.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/medium/681Picture_069.jpg
Wow I didn't know you can do a 14" lift...thats sick, but too big for me.
I had an 03 Quadrasteer C3 Sierra Denali... It had the 6.0 motor so the power was great. I had a Full Throttle Suspensions 9" ran 38.5 intercos for a while. It was great but you could feel the truck just screaming when u tried to turn all the wheels in one place such as a parking spot. I burned out a quadrasteer motor at 66K but the truck was also driven to hell and back a few times so no biggie, warranty covered it.
Great truck i wish they continued with the system and worked the bugs out of it, it would be great on the big trucks.
I have the 6.0 too, its a 1500 HD.... The power sure isn't like the diesel...I kind of miss that. I have a PPE programmer , intake and exhaust coming..Im looking forward to see the difference.
Did the tires rub the leaf springs? Man if you guys put lifts that big I shouldn't have a prob with mine. My goal is a 4" CST spindle in the front and maybe block the rear. I'll throw on 33" tires and 18" rims.

socaldieselkrew
11-19-2007, 11:10 PM
you will be fine. mine didnt have a with 13.5

uLtRADeNniS
11-20-2007, 08:50 AM
Cool.