PDA

View Full Version : Computer Virus Help

Run_em_Hard
11-19-2007, 04:28 PM
Somehow I got this weird virus that always seems to lead to this antivirus program called IEDefender. I have never had anything to do with this program.
When surfing it will pop up randomly and when I change pages.
It just wants me to download thier program and pay them money. I have both Norton and McAfee and neither seem to able to find it. I have searched all over my computer and can't seem to find it. Any help please.
http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g289/run_em_hard/untitled.jpg

ULTRA26 # 1
11-19-2007, 04:29 PM
Download Spybot Search and Destroy, and try that. It's free and works well

Cs19
11-19-2007, 05:00 PM
If spybot doesnt work go to geekstogo.com and follow directions on doing a clean up. What they will do is have you post a log file of what is on your computer and they will tell you how to delete what is not supposed to be on there, its time consuming but it works.

Cat & Mice
11-19-2007, 05:02 PM
Buy a Mac:D

hotlavey
11-19-2007, 05:54 PM
Download Spybot Search and Destroy, and try that. It's free and works well
Also might try the free version of AdAware- it's great. Personally I think Kasperski is a better anti-virus program then what you have.

Trailer Park Casanova
11-19-2007, 05:56 PM
Buy a Mac:D
Or consider FREE AVG virus protection.
We find it works better than Norton, and its free, and you can easily piss off their ill tempered, short fused advisors on the free help forum.

LhcBrad
11-19-2007, 05:56 PM
Try using Firefox as your browser.

NashvilleBound
11-19-2007, 06:44 PM
I had the same thing. Would not go away or removed by anything. I went to www.download.com and got Prevx 2.0. It FINALLY removed it. I ended up buying the program for good...... That one was pissing me off........

Run_em_Hard
11-19-2007, 07:49 PM
IEDefender is considered to be a rogue spyware removal program that uses deceptive and aggressive advertising tactics. IEDefender application is distributed and installed by IEDefender’s creators and their marketing affiliates. They propagate the program through a download that is bundled with a Trojan program generated by BHO (Browser Helper Object). Usually such Trojan bundled downloads are located in the web pages offering a “video codec” to view free adult entertainment videos.
http://www.spywareremove.com/security/iedefender-removal-instructions
That sounds like the one:D

RaceFace
11-19-2007, 08:01 PM
Either Spybot or AdAware should eliminate that. Both are freebie's available at www.download.com. Spybot has an immunization database that is constantly updated to help block this junk.
Good luck!

ULTRA26 # 1
11-19-2007, 08:36 PM
Try using Firefox as your browser.
My Son is using Firefox and has no trojan issues at all.

Run_em_Hard
11-19-2007, 08:38 PM
I believe I have it taken care of.
Who says that you can't find all the answers on ***boat:idea: :D
You guys are awesome;)