PDA

View Full Version : ***boat Attorneys and legal guru's HELP!!!

socaldieselkrew
11-19-2007, 10:14 PM
Okay guys i need some help. I have a customer who has failed to pay me for flying his plane for him. I flew 8 hours for him at $450 an hour and we agreed he would pay for my hotel room and give me $500 to stay the night so that they could depart at their leasure in the morning. To his credit he put me up and payed me the $500 spending cash. Upon returning he said he would call me that night because "he needed to get cash from home". Now after four weeks the guy wont answer my calls, email, text messages nothing. We never signed an actual contract but did make a verbal agreement and handshake with witness's their, so i sent him a bill in the mail about two weeks ago for $3600. I caught him slipping when i called from my girlfriend's phone and he was just rambling saying the checks in the mail today:rolleyes:
What can i do guys is it possible to put a Lien on his plane or something???
Thanks guys
Ahi

YeLLowBoaT
11-19-2007, 10:17 PM
I doubt you will be able to put a lein on his plane,( infact my guess is if your not lic by the FAA to be a pilot for hire, your the one thats going to get in trouble)
My guess is if it goes to court its his word vs yours... with a side order of FAA.

acatitude
11-19-2007, 10:22 PM
I don't know about putting a lien on his plane, you didn't perform work on the plane, you performed a service for him directly. It's a pretty easy case for you, contract or not. You performed a service which obviously requires a specialized skill, like a DJ or a tattoo artist. Nobody would expect you to perform this service for free. Send him a certified letter (keep a copy) that he has until whatever date you decide to make good on his obligation, otherwise you will see him in small claims court. You have an open and shut case in court.
what he said . certified letter with a payment expectation date. then small claims court

C-2
11-19-2007, 10:23 PM
You sure it’s his plane?
Is he a repeat “customer” or somebody you flew around for 8 hours?

socaldieselkrew
11-19-2007, 10:25 PM
I doubt you will be able to put a lein on his plane,( infact my guess is if your not lic by the FAA to be a pilot for hire, your the one thats going to get in trouble)
My guess is if it goes to court its his word vs yours... with a side order of FAA.
well im a commercial pilot as well as a CFI CFII and MEI working on my ATP, everything on my end is legal.
HMMM,
Certified letter huh??? Payment obligation date, whats standard with that 30 days 60 days??? I could use the cash so can i ask for like 14days???

acatitude
11-19-2007, 10:30 PM
I"d state payment expected within 10 days of receipt of letter or small claims.
ANd all this legal advice is only $1100 per response or I have to get to havi from sacramento next week..;)

C-2
11-19-2007, 10:30 PM
Start with the basics first - like, have you been scammed?
You personally know this guy, or know anything about him?

socaldieselkrew
11-19-2007, 10:31 PM
One more question....
Now according to all the paperwork and a tail# search the plane is registered to a corporation, im assuming that my client is of course part of this corporation i hope:eek: . Do I send anything to the owners of the aircraft??

YeLLowBoaT
11-19-2007, 10:33 PM
well im a commercial pilot as well as a CFI CFII and MEI working on my ATP, everything on my end is legal.
HMMM,
Certified letter huh??? Payment obligation date, whats standard with that 30 days 60 days??? I could use the cash so can i ask for like 14days???
Thats good...I've heard some really horror storys form things like this( unlce owned repair biz for decades, mainly jets) Slight lasp ended up ending careers.
Yeah send him certfied letter that he has to sign for( return address from a lawyers address would not hurt) 2 weeks would be fine. Always, get a contract... I've been skrewed by more people when I was doing them a "favor" then I care to remember.
Who owns the corp? I'm sure thats another angle that if he chooses to play hard ball you could make his life hell

acatitude
11-19-2007, 10:37 PM
If there is a verbal agreement Yellowboat, Thats a contract.. And he has witnesses which I think are allowed in small claims and if not he can have them sign a notarized letter of what the agreement was.

C-2
11-19-2007, 10:39 PM
You guys fukkin kill me.
Send him a letter.
Maybe, just maybe the guy has done this before.:rolleyes:

SOCALDETAIL1
One more question....
Now according to all the paperwork and a tail# search the plane is registered to a corporation, im assuming that my client is of course part of this corporation i hope:eek: . Do I send anything to the owners of the aircraft??
Before taking him to small claims there has to be some sort of effort by letter to get the payment then take him to small claims. When you file make sure you pay the extra $$$$ to have a deputy serve him, and remember to add all the fees to the bill....As long as you have everything documented its a for sure victory. My bet is he wont even show up...

socaldieselkrew
So whos an attorney??? Ive never been screwed out of anything in my life never had to hire one know anyone good in the OC area???

acatitude
11-19-2007, 10:40 PM
I think we stated send a letter first ;)

YeLLowBoaT
11-19-2007, 10:40 PM
the prob with verbal agreement is not if there is one, its what the agreed apon terms were. that 450/ hour could turn in to 250. At that point its which person do we beleave more.
Edit and yes I got burned on this before... ended up wining in court... never seen dime one.

acatitude
11-19-2007, 10:41 PM
So whos an attorney??? Ive never been screwed out of anything in my life never had to hire one know anyone good in the OC area???
for 3600 bucks I dont think an attorney is worth it. youll spend a couple grand on them. go to small claims

Nord
11-19-2007, 10:41 PM
the prob with verbal agreement is not if there is one, its what the agreed apon terms were. that 450/ hour could turn in to 250. At that point its which person do we beleave more.
Better than getting zip.

acatitude
11-19-2007, 10:42 PM
Thats possible but he will recoup at least a portion of whats owed him.

YeLLowBoaT
11-19-2007, 10:44 PM
Yeah so lets make a deal... I'll paint your house if you agree to pay me $XXXX and scare the shit out of my dad with your boat :D

acatitude
11-19-2007, 10:45 PM
Yeah so lets make a deal... I'll paint your house if you agree to pay me $XXXX and scare the shit out of my dad with your boat :D
Paint the front and all the trim and Ill take your dad for a 100mph ride and I'll buy lunch if he don't puke in my boat.
Oh and you got 1 to many X's in there;)

C-2
What does that matter? What's your point? His recourse is exactly the same whether the guy is a scam artist or not.
Not really. Scam artists tend to ignore letters, lawsuits and even LEO.
It's to assess whether or not the guy got burned, if there's even the chance he might see some of the money, or perhaps it's time to move on, lesson learned.
No need to throw time, aggravation and money at it of the guy is a pro, or a ghost.

YeLLowBoaT
Not necessarily. Since he provides a professional service, he can simply get quotes from 3-5 other pilots that provide similar services. The judge can then set the market rate for the services if both parties cannot come to a meeting of the minds on what was agreed upon. It's not rocket science.
the prob with that is he can get others to qoute around what he said he offered...
once again happend to me in the past. Guy got 3 other bids for less then the material costs.

YeLLowBoaT
11-19-2007, 10:48 PM
He had access to a corporate plane, I'm going to guess that he'll be fairly easy to track down.
Not if the plane was for higher and he gave false info to the owners. Not uncomon for corp planes to be rented out to offset costs when they are not in use.
Sad part is if you can think of a scam its already been done and alot worse.

acatitude
11-19-2007, 10:50 PM
He had access to a corporate plane, I'm going to guess that he'll be fairly easy to track down.
I'm thinking that if you mention that a letter will also be going to the corp, the guy might just pay up then.

C-2
11-19-2007, 10:51 PM
You're just guessing.
socal - do you personally know the guy, is he a regular customer or a walk-in?

socaldieselkrew
11-19-2007, 10:52 PM
oh the guy is not a scam artist # 1... Hes a 60 year old buisness man in the music business, and i have logged over 25 hours in his plane. Not to mention i have chartered to a client and the guy told me just pay for gas. I have been to his multi million dollar home with all brand new cars outside in palisades. I dont want to go over there and shake him down but does it put me at any disadvantage if i go knock on his door and tell him pretty much F**K you Pay Me!!! Im workin on a letter right now.... My mad genious is kickin in!!!!:D

YeLLowBoaT
11-19-2007, 10:55 PM
Only thing that saved me in my case was I had the invoice for the materials. Come to find out 2 of the 3 contractors he used for bids were in laws. Still I've yet to see a dime of it. I never will, last I heard is both the IRS and FTB are after him...

socaldieselkrew
11-19-2007, 11:01 PM
Sweet!!! welcome to the business world huh??? i got my first boot in the ass im going to have to draft a contract that i can always bring with me for my customers to sign on the date of flight.

acatitude
11-19-2007, 11:02 PM
Paint the front and all the trim and Ill take your dad for a 100mph ride and I'll buy lunch if he don't puke in my boat.
Oh and you got 1 to many X's in there;)
wheres my paint lol

C-2
11-19-2007, 11:02 PM
oh the guy is not a scam artist # 1... Hes a 60 year old buisness man in the music business, and i have logged over 25 hours in his plane. Not to mention i have chartered to a client and the guy told me just pay for gas. I have been to his multi million dollar home with all brand new cars outside in palisades. I dont want to go over there and shake him down but does it put me at any disadvantage if i go knock on his door and tell him pretty much F**K you Pay Me!!! Im workin on a letter right now.... My mad genious is kickin in!!!!:D
Then why, if all the things you say are true, ISN'T HE PAYING YOU!
And actually, that's your key to getting paid. Figure that out, and you might get paid. Sending him a nastygram isn't going to help.
BWTF do I know as a PI in collections for the past 20 years:idea:
Trust me, whenever I see or hear about collecting on pilot services or exotic car rentals - you are usually dealing with a professional deadbeat.

YeLLowBoaT
11-19-2007, 11:04 PM
wheres my paint lol
I've got about 20 gal of miss match... come pick it up.

acatitude
11-19-2007, 11:07 PM
I've got about 20 gal of miss match... come pick it up.
Yea thats the ticket...

socaldieselkrew
11-20-2007, 12:07 AM
Well to add a lil color to the story...
I arrived on short notice for this Jerk, skipped on my weekend at the CORR races to take this guy to Vegas. So i arrived to Mercury Aviation at John Wayne Intl. and the plane was fueled, washed, they were in it with the APU running so the A/C was cranking plasma tvs goin i heard cheers and laughing fourty feet away. I pre flighted, gave the passengers a captains breifing; funny bunch really the client 60 year old business man, two hookers (common if the dish smells like fish its usually???) i believe, and three big ass burly long haired biker guys. They looked like hells angels i thought to myself :confused: okay!!... Love flying the Citation X no headsets needed its awesome. The co pilot was pre arranged by them, just a commercial multi engine guy never even seen a 7 tube full glass cockpit his twin engine time came from a Beechcraft duchess haha:D Copied our departure clearence and made note that it was going to be a different trip because their were TFR (temporary flight restrictions) because of all the fires going on. We taxied to runnup brought the Rolls Royces(engines) up to 70% thrust made sure we had good brakes checked on all our flight controls and systems. The bathroom didnt work because we had no water on board, i didnt tell them:devil: it aint my plane!!!:D They had the plane catered with the Champange that comes in the orange box, not Don Perignon, the better stuff, i dont know i dont drink that stuff. So we took of climbed to FL180, i just kept it barely IFR because over the mountains of LA it was beautiful by barstow already i wanted to cancel my flight plan and go VFR so i could just relax and get off the radio, it was friday night so ATC was getting swamped by private jet and commercial traffic at McCarron International. Stuck with the flight plan and showed my co-pilot "Cal" the autopilot was going to fly the plan in all the way till the wheels almost touch. We pulled up the actual Jeppsen approach plates in color and full touch screen i love it. Sorry guys this stuff really gets me off haha i just love what i cant have but at least someone else can have it but cant use it haha!!!! So after a gorgeous approach into vegas we got bounced around and taken out over that new stadium on the edges of henderson so the actual flight time was 1hour 20 minutes:D :D I can make it there VFR with me n five beautiful girls in my V35ATC Bonanza 6 seater single engine in 1 hour thirty and i have 104 usable gallons of gas. Fly private huh so u can haul your big fockin ego too:D I had the throttles to the wall almost and we were burning about 2800# of fuel an hour cruising 530knots or so.
So we crossed the fence and the threshold of the runway on autopilot, hit the switch and told the old man to land it, he was on top of things and i must say for being a real life version of mister magoo he greased the wheels to the asphalt so beautifully that you just heard the wheels touch couldnt feel it though and he held the nose up nice and slow to bleed off airspeed. I hit the reversers and slats got on the brakes real hard, got the "brake shakes" but we were off by less than half runway. Got on the horn with ground control taxied to Executive Jet Inc. they were full and we would have had to wait 30 minutes for a bus to take us to the bellagio:( :(
never killed the motors turned around went to the other end of the airport to Signature Flight support and they had a gorgeous new navigator limo stretched to all hell drive up to the plane before the lineboys even finished chocking the wheels. I shut down and popped out into the cabin ever so friendly and drunk people were enjoying full luxury like at lest 4 of them had never had in their live.
Unloaded the passengers and my client gave me a fistful of cash $1000 he says this is your tip. We went to the Bellagio i got a Jr Suite, cant complain!!! they went gambling and partying invited me but i turned it down. I went up to see my life long buddy and he sat down with me and did a lil late night 12 o clock tattoo session for like 3 hours. Called it a night after that. Flew back the next day and actually ended up flying into palm springs to drop off everyone to a waiting limo. My client approached me in the cockpit and said he will pay me when he gets home later tonight and that i should be by my phone expecting a call that call. We flew the plane to Long Beach to leave it at an avionics shop from there i got a ride from a a buddy and who lives in redondo. Hoped from a thirty million dollar jet to a three thousand dollar VW bus 21 window lowered with a roof rack:D i pulled my shirt off and drank a tall can cruising shotgun down Pacific coast highway.
Best part of the whole trip...
Now do i take that extra $500 that he gave me and deduct it in case he brings it up in court???

BajaMike
11-20-2007, 01:20 AM
One more question....
I would tell him you're going to notify the corporate owners of the airplane....sounds like he might be using the plane without the corporation's approval.
If that doesn't work, you have to take him to small claims court.
It sounds fishy to me....what type of airplane is this?? Most corporate planes are not used without going through an approval process.
I have known a lot of cases where corporate officers use company planes for personal (non-business) stuff, including engaging in affairs, mile high club trips and drug transport.
Threaten to expose what he is doing.....I bet he pays up quick, get your money and run......I wouldn't fly for someone like that more then once.
:idea:

snake321
11-20-2007, 02:27 AM
Bang on his freakin door
Save a whole lot of time and might even get paid ....

BoatPI
11-20-2007, 06:08 AM
Small claims court, you put on ypur presentation yourself. in some satets if he fails to pay you can subpeons him back to court with all of his records and vehicle titles. the court will seize his cars, etc. auction them and pay you. AZ does this and it always gets results.

mmered8299
11-20-2007, 06:37 AM
Small Claims is half your answer. Then it goes to collections. Collections can be another can of worms. I took a customer to small claims. He didn't show up. Judge was in favor for me and I still didn't have any money.:( Messed up the paper work to garnish his wages a million times. Finally got it all together and the company he worked are no longer there. :mad: Now I can't find him. I should of just tied a block around his legs and throne his ass in the lake. No money but a lot more:) er.

R.A.D.man
11-20-2007, 06:39 AM
Just call his ass out on ***boat, he'll be here by the end of the day to respond:D

Classic Daycruiser
11-20-2007, 07:04 AM
Okay guys i need some help. I have a customer who has failed to pay me for flying his plane for him. I flew 8 hours for him at $450 an hour and we agreed he would pay for my hotel room and give me $500 to stay the night so that they could depart at their leasure in the morning. To his credit he put me up and payed me the $500 spending cash. Upon returning he said he would call me that night because "he needed to get cash from home". Now after four weeks the guy wont answer my calls, email, text messages nothing. We never signed an actual contract but did make a verbal agreement and handshake with witness's their, so i sent him a bill in the mail about two weeks ago for $3600. I caught him slipping when i called from my girlfriend's phone and he was just rambling saying the checks in the mail today:rolleyes:
Thanks guys
Ahi
If it were me, I'd tell him I wanted to rent his plane for a few days. Take it to Mexico, enjoy yourself. Then when he asks you for payment of the plane hours, tell him you'll call it even.
PS, Was it a ***boat member:jawdrop: :D :D :D

C-2
11-20-2007, 07:26 AM
That's a great story there socal.
There are many dynamics to what you are trying to accomplish. If your end result is trying to get paid, then don’t send a letter. You can always do all the legal stuff later, but it sounds like your immediate goal is to get paid.
CheapThrills has an excellent quote in his siggy:
Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy.
Isaac Newton
I have many clients; cities, banks and lawyers. Sometimes, they stretch me out to 120 -180 days. I don’t like it, but it’s something I have to deal with, and be prepared for whenever I provide a non-contractual professional service.
When I want to get paid, I can tell you first-hand – sending a letter usually results in NOTHING, except ending your relationship with your client. A very wise attorney once told me – write the letter, put it away and look at it two weeks later. It’s good advice.
Back to tact – a wiser approach would be to let the issue rest over the holiday. Maybe contact him in a week, leave him a voicemail about your availability over the Christmas holiday. Get some dialog going, and stop being a thorn in his side.
You have to realize you’re nothing more than a pee-on to him, a driver. However, get him to like you, and sounds like he can be a fun client with the right massaging. Either that, or he has played you for a fool.
And don’t try to re-invent the wheel on getting a contract in place for future work– find out what is common practice by other pilots, to protect yourself in the future.
I work in civil litigation and collections on a daily basis - and that would be my advice to you. :)

C-2
11-20-2007, 07:28 AM
Double post.

boater72
11-20-2007, 08:02 AM
There are many dynamics to what you are trying to accomplish. If you’re end result is trying to get paid, then don’t send a letter. You can always do all the legal stuff later, but it sounds like your immediate goal is to get paid.
Isaac Newton
I have many clients; cities, banks and lawyers. Sometimes, they stretch me out to 120 -180 days. I don’t like it, but it’s something I have to deal with, and be prepared for whenever I provide a non-contractual professional service.
When I want to get paid, I can tell you first-hand – sending a letter usually results in NOTHING, except ending your relationship with your client. A very wise attorney once told me – write the letter, put it away and look at it two weeks later. It’s good advice.
Back to tact – a wiser approach would be to let the issue rest over the holiday. Maybe contact him in a week, leave him a voicemail about your availability over the Christmas holiday. Get some dialog going, and stop being a thorn in his side.
You have to realize you’re nothing more than a pee-on to him, a driver. However, get him to like you, and sounds like he can be a fun client with the right massaging. Either that, or he has played you for a fool.
And don’t try to re-invent the wheel on getting a contract in place for future work– find out what is common practice by other pilots, to protect yourself in the future.
I work in civil litigation and collections on a daily basis - and that would be my advice to you. :)
Best advice so far.

Big Warlock
11-20-2007, 08:17 AM
I have a few questions. But I first want to say I agree with C-2 on his approach to getting paid. And good luck with that! (I mean it) :)
1) I am curious as to what you do for a living? Is it flying planes in general? Or is this a sideline business? Not having your ATP would indicate lack of hours? Or not your primary business?
2) You apprently have a type rating in the Cessna X? So maybe your a corporate pilot already? And how is it you allowed a novice with jets to land the X in Vegas? Did I miss something? (For you boat types, it's like allowing a pontoon driver to run a Skater to Catalina at over 100 mph.) The type rating would give someone lots of simulator practice prior to taking said $30m. plane out for a spin.
3) At $450 per hour, working 20 hours a week you would gross approximately just under $500K making you the most expensive corporate pilot I know. WOW!!!
4) Someone owns a Cessna X and does not have a fulltime pilot? Seems very strange to me.....:idea: And they made arrangements for the co-pilot? And you guys had never met? More reason to show up way early to get things straight. Apprears he was not type rated? Getting way weird!! Not unheard of, but far from normal! (If you were the corp. pilot for this aircraft and needed a right seat, that would be more "normal.")
5) Cessna X is the fastest corporate jet currently in production, flying very, very close to Mach 1. How is it that you could take so long to get to Vegas from Orange County, which is only a 250 mile trip? I missed the part about you getting your flight plan together for your IFR flight? You must have skipped that part upon your arrival? Usually the pilot is there prior to passengers by about an hour or hour and a half just to complete the trip plan. Seemed like everyone was waiting for you when you arrived at Orange County!! If you didn't want to go IFR you could have flown Tower enroute? Good for last minute planning. In addition, anyone flying into Vegas knows you have to have a reservation to fly and park at any of the FBO's on the field. Otherwise it's North LV for you!!:)
Well, you see where this is going. Sorry, I am sure your on the up and up, just letting you know how your story sits with me. Just some questions within the story. It is a cool story though. :)

Big Warlock
11-20-2007, 08:28 AM
But it would seem that on HB our friend is a corporate pilot according to his public profile. Just curious! Interesting! :idea:
But on DieselPowerMag.com he is something else?
socaldieselkrew
New User | Posts: 5 | Joined: 11/07 Posted: 11/06/07
03:01 AM
YO YO guys new here my nickname is ahi-attaker from fullerton in Orange County Ca... Im a contractor with a love for chevy's got 8 as work trucks, 5 are duramaxs, two blown chevys in the boat. Just bought an 08 F350 SRW 6.4 Lariat 4x4 that i ordered about 8 weeks ago fully loaded with manual transfer case and hubs... just picked it up last nite.
Really stoked on the power so far no turbo lag at all, i got the 4.10or 4.11 or whatever it is gears and that thing cant keep the 33s with the stock 20s glued to the ground in first or second.
Big Smiles hope they keep coming for miles...
Anyone here doing glamis for thanksgiving???

Magic34
11-20-2007, 08:34 AM
I have a few questions. But I first want to say I agree with C-2 on his approach to getting paid. And good luck with that! (I mean it) :)
1) I am curious as to what you do for a living? Is it flying planes in general? Or is this a sideline business? Not having your ATP would indicate lack of hours? Or not your primary business?
2) You apprently have a type rating in the Cessna X? So maybe your a corporate pilot already? And how is it you allowed a novice with jets to land the X in Vegas? Did I miss something? (For you boat types, it's like allowing a pontoon driver to run a Skater to Catalina at over 100 mph.) The type rating would give someone lots of simulator practice prior to taking said $30m. plane out for a spin.
3) At $450 per hour, working 20 hours a week you would gross approximately just under $500K making you the most expensive corporate pilot I know. WOW!!!
4) Someone owns a Cessna X and does not have a fulltime pilot? Seems very strange to me.....:idea: And they made arrangements for the co-pilot? And you guys had never met? More reason to show up way early to get things straight. Apprears he was not type rated? Getting way weird!! Not unheard of, but far from normal! (If you were the corp. pilot for this aircraft and needed a right seat, that would be more "normal.")
5) Cessna X is the fastest corporate jet currently in production, flying very, very close to Mach 1. How is it that you could take so long to get to Vegas from Orange County, which is only a 250 mile trip? I missed the part about you getting your flight plan together for your IFR flight? You must have skipped that part upon your arrival? Usually the pilot is there prior to passengers by about an hour or hour and a half just to complete the trip plan. Seemed like everyone was waiting for you when you arrived at Orange County!! If you didn't want to go IFR you could have flown Tower enroute? Good for last minute planning. In addition, anyone flying into Vegas knows you have to have a reservation to fly and park at any of the FBO's on the field. Otherwise it's North LV for you!!:)
Well, you see where this is going. Sorry, I am sure your on the up and up, just letting you know how your story sits with me. Just some questions within the story. It is a cool story though. :)
This makes sense to me.
My neighbor is the corporate pilot for Phelps Dodge. Flies all over the world and gets to go buy the planes when they need a new one. He just returned from a 22 day trip around the world. He has a ton of structure with his gig. Looks like this one is lacking any structure.
EDIT: On the other side though, there are some weird deals that happen and anything goes when it comes to cash. A straight up business guy going all crazy with some biker guys and hookers for a weekend??? If they are going to Vegas, I guess I can believe it.

Jordy
11-20-2007, 08:48 AM
But it would seem that on HB our friend is a corporate pilot according to his public profile. Just curious! Interesting! :idea:
But on DieselPowerMag.com he is something else?
Rob, how many times do I have to remind you, this is Hot Boat. Your facts are not welcome here. :notam:
A straight up business guy going all crazy with some biker guys and hookers for a weekend??? If they are going to Vegas, I guess I can believe it.
That's like taking sand to the beach though... :idea:

Big Warlock
11-20-2007, 08:50 AM
This makes sense to me.
My neighbor is the corporate pilot for Phelps Dodge. Flies all over the world and gets to go buy the planes when they need a new one. He just returned from a 22 day trip around the world. He has a ton of structure with his gig. Looks like this one is lacking any structure.
EDIT: On the other side though, there are some weird deals that happen and anything goes when it comes to cash. A straight up business guy going all crazy with some biker guys and hookers for a weekend??? If they are going to Vegas, I guess I can believe it.
By no means am I saying this is impossible. Not at all. As a pilot, I have some questions with the story, but is is feasable. No doubt. Weird, but feasable.

Magic34
11-20-2007, 08:52 AM
I wish Lake Pleasant had some beaches.

Big Warlock
11-20-2007, 08:54 AM
http://forums.dieselpowermag.com/70/6253342/duramax-vs-powerstroke-vs-cummins/whats-your-age-where-are-you-from-and-what-do-ya-d/page10.html

Big Warlock
11-20-2007, 08:55 AM
Rob, how many times do I have to remind you, this is Hot Boat. Your facts are not welcome here. :notam:
Jeeeesh, how would you know??? You were in Vegas goofing off!!!!

Jordy
11-20-2007, 08:57 AM
I wish Lake Pleasant had some beaches.
Says the guy with the floating island... :idea:
http://forums.dieselpowermag.com/70/6253342/duramax-vs-powerstroke-vs-cummins/whats-your-age-where-are-you-from-and-what-do-ya-d/page10.html
Slow day at the office huh??? :D :D :D

Big Warlock
11-20-2007, 09:03 AM
Says the guy with the floating island... :idea:
Slow day at the office huh??? :D :D :D
I am multi tasking!!! Thread was too good to pass up!!!! :D

Jordy
11-20-2007, 09:06 AM
Jeeeesh, how would you know??? You were in Vegas goofing off!!!!
My point exactly. I was at the beach and there was lots of sand up there. Hey, perhaps we should see if Tee-hee-hee girl wants a job as a flight attendant with this group. That would make about as much sense as what she's claiming now. :D :D :D
I am multi tasking!!! Thread was too good to pass up!!!! :D
It is a pretty good thread. Let's just scale back on the facts and legitimate questions and stick in the realm of speculation, nonsense rumors, and assumptions. ;)

Big Warlock
11-20-2007, 09:08 AM
This makes sense to me.
You kind of have the answer I am looking for. Corp. pilot for Phelps Dodge. Totally different than owning a plane, no pilot and calling on a guy to come fly on a temp. basis. And then getting another guy to jump in for a right seat? That's kind of where I was going for.
Corp. Pilot flying around........not weird. Does your neighbor make $500K per year? Bet he doesn't make much more than $100K per year and chances are he probably makes more like $60 to 75K per year with benefits.

Dave C
11-20-2007, 09:09 AM
excellent advice.... ALWAYS try the diplomatic route first before you get nasty.... no one like threats.
Most of the time threats make people defensive. A sure fire way NOT to get paid is to make someone defensive.
There are many dynamics to what you are trying to accomplish. If your end result is trying to get paid, then don’t send a letter. You can always do all the legal stuff later, but it sounds like your immediate goal is to get paid.
Isaac Newton

Magic34
11-20-2007, 09:13 AM
You kind of have the answer I am looking for. Corp. pilot for Phelps Dodge. Totally different than owning a plane, no pilot and calling on a guy to come fly on a temp. basis. And then getting another guy to jump in for a right seat? That's kind of where I was going for.
Corp. Pilot flying around........not weird. Does your neighbor make $500K per year? Bet he doesn't make much more than $100K per year and chances are he probably makes more like $60 to 75K per year with benefits.
He came out of SoCal and bought a house 3 houses down the street from me. Paid about $850k for the house back in 2004 or so when the boom was just starting. Wife doesnt work.
I would guess he is right around the $150k mark. I say that much due to the amount of travel, endless travel sometimes. He wants to buy a boat and join the fun at Pleasant and Havasu. :D I am helping find a boat for him.

Big Warlock
11-20-2007, 09:14 AM
He came out of SoCal and bought down 3 houses the street for me. Paid about $850k for the house back in 2004 or so when the boom was just starting. Wife doesnt work.
I would guess he is right around the $150k mark. I say that much due to the amount of travel, endless travel sometimes. He wants to buy a boat and join the fun at Pleasant and Havasu. :D I am helping find a boat for him.
See, now that's what I am talking about!!! I will PM you. I have one he might be interested in.

Big Warlock
11-20-2007, 09:37 AM
Thanks guys
Ahi
So my point:
This guy is on another, diesel, website. He just joined and is a "contractor" named Ahi from Fullerton, Orange County.
He just joined HB and is a corporate pilot named Ahi from Fullerton, Orange County.
Now what are the chances???

Jordy
11-20-2007, 09:44 AM
Now what are the chances???
What are the chances? Slim to none. However, the chances of me being hungry for sushi just went through the roof. Thanks alot. :D
http://www.gophila.com/assets/dmt/images/redskyTUNA.jpg

Big Warlock
11-20-2007, 09:50 AM
What are the chances? Slim to none. However, the chances of me being hungry for sushi just went through the roof. Thanks alot. :D
http://www.gophila.com/assets/dmt/images/redskyTUNA.jpg
Maybe he is Japanes and visitng Jordy!!! Not always about you!!! Well off to lunch. Catch you later? Maybe C will take us to sushi tonight? We have no plans.

Baja Big Dog
11-20-2007, 10:01 AM
Walk carefully through the pasture of HOt Boat, dont step on any of the little steaming piles!!!
It does smell funny!!!:confused:

topless
11-20-2007, 11:18 AM
Nobody likes not getting paid either. You want to be in business? Run your business like a business.But what business is Avi in anyway? Charter pilot with his own business or contractor?:idea: :idea:

C-2
11-20-2007, 12:13 PM
Nobody likes not getting paid either. You want to be in business? Run your business like a business.
You make your own point; a savvy business owner focuses on getting paid – not beating hornet nests.

Big Warlock
11-20-2007, 01:16 PM
And a little bump so my buddy can get right on this when he gets back to his computer from his latest flight......I mean diesel truck outing.........or whatever he is doing today. :D

Big Warlock
11-20-2007, 01:29 PM
Hey Big W, what ya wanna bet that he's nothing more than a low hours wannabe that "read-the-book" ? Probably subscribes to all the av rags like their some good porno or something.
Hell, anyone out there wanna let me have a few hours in your C-X and I'll be more than happy to pay YOU 450 per hour.
Rio:D
No shiat!!!! LOL I found him on a diesel website as well. He's a contractor over there. Here he is a corporate pilot at 25 years old and flying jets no less!!!!! WOW And has a type rating in several big planes. So he must be loaded ................or loaded in a different manner. Seems to be confused as to exactly what he really is.
I know a couple of pilots on furlough that only made around $120K per year that would give anything to fly someone's Cessna X on the side for $450 per hour!!! WOW
So we are waiting to see if he returns to help us out with question and answer time!! :D

socaldieselkrew
11-20-2007, 02:00 PM
Wow someone wants to throw me on the grill. :devil:
Let me go back now and answer some questions.
1. I am employed by an asphalt paving and grading company as an estimator for my primary line of work. I do part 91 135 charter flights as i can, if i worked in that full time i might be able to buy a bayliner by the time im forty. I have been hired by Honeywell, Carrier, worked for Clay Lacey for a year, flew ambumed and Schafer air ambulance, the list goes on and is never very steady either because one i quit because it wasnt worth my time, or two i was getting led on so they could just throw me around to fly Cessna 340s and 421's all day for about $200 bucks a 10 hour day.
2. Rob $250 was just my agreed price for that flight if i really ever got paid that i would buy gold teeth that say "pimps up ho's down":D ; truth is that there are lots of pilots rated to fly what i can, and far more than me too and most of them will do it for damn near free.
3.As you know you do not need to be type rated in a turbine aircraft to act as co-pilot you simply need a commercial multi engine land rating, especially since i am a MEI who is check out and type rated on the aircraft with all my proficency done. Common man i let the old guy flare the plane and land it, i was right there with him if he would have slipped at all, and i dont care who you are its an airplane it flys the same as a Cenna 152 its still has to have lift under the wings to make it fly. When you take the bird off autopilot at the missed approach point you really just hold your throttles cracked and hold blue line till you touch you fell the tires touch you throttle back just like almost any heavier airplane. Not to mention we were crossing the threshold of the runway about forty feet up, i have the plane trimmed and ready to land hands off at this point really..
4. I lied to you about our speed !!! i sounded cool to make it sound like we got there all crazy. Truth is we were reduced to under 300kts the whole way if we were doing new york to london then we could go up to 35000 feet and do damn near mach one. When i got handed off from Joshua approach to Vegas Approach they sent us out to the CROWE intersection and put us on the outer marker for the ILS on runway 01L for McCarren KLAS.
5. IFR Flight Plan???? whats that???:eek: :D no im kidding of course i filed a flight plan, i gotta go get my kneepad and see what my departure clearence and squaks were out of KONT i think we did the famous "Pomona Seven" departure out of runway 8, we had to climb out on 256heading then picked up the pomona vortac at or below 7000ft from there we went to gorman at or above 14000 once passed buckeye intersection we could climb unrestricted to cruise and interscept Daggett, and i think we hit shaftner vor to dagget . I also did a weight and balance, and realized im too damn fat, gotta loose 30lbs so i can wear some 34s...
Well keep firing away with questions, i can sit here and totally get into this all nite i love planes, shouldnt we be talking about boats???:D
BTW on a different note, i sent my client a voicemail just trying to spark some dialog and not mentioning the three grand he owes me. I told him that i had some family engagments for the holidays but i would be available to fly anytime after monday. So i wonder if im going to get a response.

Big Warlock
11-20-2007, 02:10 PM
[QUOTE=socaldieselkrew;2904605]
1. I am employed by an asphalt paving and grading company as an estimator for my primary line of work. I do part 91 135 charter flights as i can, if i worked in that full time i might be able to buy a bayliner by the time im forty. I have been hired by Honeywell, Carrier, worked for Clay Lacey for a year, flew ambumed and Schafer air ambulance, the list goes on and is never very steady either because one i quit because it wasnt worth my time, or two i was getting led on so they could just throw me around to fly Cessna 340s and 421's all day for about $200 bucks a 10 hour day.
QUOTE]
Says here you have a 377 Hustler!!! True or false?

Big Warlock
11-20-2007, 02:17 PM
I own a contracting company. A little outfit here in Phoenix. I have five estimators, none who make enough to have a 377 Hustler.
Also, I see you are also on Diesel Power website. Says your a contractor there. I guess that would explain the contractor deal there. But why did you put a "corporate pilot" on this website? You actually said that you were a corporate pilot and had a part 135 deal going on the side. If you are estimating too, when the fock do you sleep????? And doing this all at the age of 25!!! Focking amazing....honestly.......focking amazing..........
So where did you go to flight school? How many hours do you have?
Oh, I think I was clear that the co pilot was ok not being type rated. But are you type rated in the X???
You are the busiest 25 year old I know!!!! I barely have time for my company. Yet alone dealing with toys and such!! :eek:

Big Warlock
11-20-2007, 02:18 PM
We would all love to see a pic of your boat as well.......when you have time!!! That is a bad ass boat bro!!! Do you take it to Havasu? Been in the poker runs? Maybe the last Catalina race with the poker run there?
You must know some peeps on here. Having that 377 Hustler on the west coast, can't be more than five of those boats around?? Anyone know??

Jordy
11-20-2007, 02:19 PM
Damn, you're a multi-tasking mo' fo' today Rob!!! :D :D :D
Again, too many facts... :notam:

Big Warlock
11-20-2007, 02:30 PM
:D Come back little buddy!! I am not mad.....this is the new me on Hot Boat!! I promise to be good, not talk about Kachina and help those in need, regardless of their lack of integrity, illegal actions and dubious pursuits!!! Please come back and play. You said you could do it all night. Last person to hear that was a gal in Vegas when she met Jordy..............:D
Sorry, couldn't stop that last part!!!! Flame away folks!!!

drtywhat
11-20-2007, 02:32 PM
I own a contracting company. A little outfit here in Phoenix. I have five estimators, none who make enough to have a 377 Hustler.
Hey Rob what is your "small" contracting companies name?? just curious. I have a 1 man small (owner, estimator, yadda yadda)contracting company too.

Jordy
11-20-2007, 02:33 PM
Last person to hear that was a gal in Vegas when she met Jordy..............:D
Hey, whatever works. So she made me a liar. I still got what I wanted, right??? :D :D :D

drtywhat
11-20-2007, 02:35 PM
speaking of boating....anyone heading out to pleasant at all this week or weekend?

drtywhat
11-20-2007, 02:36 PM
Hey, whatever works. So she made me a liar. I still got what I wanted, right??? :D :D :D
what a happy ending?

Jordy
11-20-2007, 02:41 PM
:D Come back little buddy!!
I wonder if he had to go make a quick flight to Tokyo for dinner... :idea:
what a happy ending?
As long as I walk away with a smile on my face... besides, it was Vegas. :)

Magic34
11-20-2007, 02:44 PM
speaking of boating....anyone heading out to pleasant at all this week or weekend?
Supposed to get cold!

Big Warlock
11-20-2007, 02:51 PM
Hey Rob what is your "small" contracting companies name?? just curious. I have a 1 man small (owner, estimator, yadda yadda)contracting company too.
I sent you a PM. Let me know what you do as well. I am always looking for subs to bid on projects with me. I have had excellent success with Hot Boat peeps!

drtywhat
11-20-2007, 03:01 PM
I sent you a PM. Let me know what you do as well. I am always looking for subs to bid on projects with me. I have had excellent success with Hot Boat peeps!
Thanks I got it. And back to the rest of this story here...frickin thread jackers:)

drtywhat
11-20-2007, 03:05 PM
Supposed to get cold!
doesnt that small "yacht" have a heater??? :sqeyes:

socaldieselkrew
11-20-2007, 03:17 PM
Also, I see you are also on Diesel Power website. Says your a contractor there. I guess that would explain the contractor deal there. But why did you put a "corporate pilot" on this website? You actually said that you were a corporate pilot and had a part 135 deal going on the side. If you are estimating too, when the fock do you sleep????? And doing this all at the age of 25!!! Focking amazing....honestly.......focking amazing..........
So where did you go to flight school? How many hours do you have?
Oh, I think I was clear that the co pilot was ok not being type rated. But are you type rated in the X???
You are the busiest 25 year old I know!!!! I barely have time for my company. Yet alone dealing with toys and such!! :eek:
Dude you dont have to tell me that im the busiest twenty five year old around. I presented the corporate pilot here because thats my life goal and im a way better damn pilot than i am a hustler at construction. Yes i own a 377 talon, its an older boat 97 i think without that gay new canopy powered by twin Hp500s nice and reliable and doesnt need to go a hundred. Pics will be up shortly i can see this is the only way it works around here common gimme some credit of course im not gonna tell the girls in havasu hey i own this boat with four other guys and i cant afford to fill it up more than once in a weekend. Yeah me, my dad, my brother, and brother in law there u happy.
I trained at Vista Air, Sunquest, Hollywood Aviators, Flight Safety, Sheble's one:rolleyes: , my total time is 23xx hours i have like two pages i still need to add up, almost a thousand hours turbine so as soon as i hit that i will make anyones insurance requirments. I fly the X for a private individual who pays twelve grand extra every six months so i can be additionally insured.
Saying i do a part 135 charter is just like the old saying "every black man in jail is a rapper" i do it, you think it takes up my time no way, i have had maybe ten clients in three years, just occasional repeat customers usually providing their own aircraft, service for higher. Im not the next clay lacey. I just like to make a few bucks and do what i love and cant afford. I mean i went to Honeywell and Cessna out of my own pocket to learn all the 5 EFAS systems and auto pilot.
I think i still get to safely say im the youngest person in the world that can fly a Citation ten my instructors on the X were Artoor Minassian(i think thats how u spell it) form flight safety orlando, he did my intial type rating transition. That class took three weeks in orlando, then i went back just last year to Kansas in whitchita to the other flight safety for my recurrency cert for 3 days.
So Big War, dude im trying to get this straitend out but keep firing away ill try to answer everyones questions as i can
I go on diesel power to talk to other people about what a POS the new ford is... im pissed i bought one.

Magic34
11-20-2007, 03:34 PM
doesnt that small "yacht" have a heater??? :sqeyes:
Yes, but doesn't have a helm in the heat.

Big Warlock
11-20-2007, 03:42 PM
Dude you dont have to tell me that im the busiest twenty five year old around. I presented the corporate pilot here because thats my life goal and im a way better damn pilot than i am a hustler at construction. Yes i own a 377 talon, its an older boat 97 i think without that gay new canopy powered by twin Hp500s nice and reliable and doesnt need to go a hundred. Pics will be up shortly i can see this is the only way it works around here common gimme some credit of course im not gonna tell the girls in havasu hey i own this boat with four other guys and i cant afford to fill it up more than once in a weekend. Yeah me, my dad, my brother, and brother in law there u happy.
I trained at Vista Air, Sunquest, Hollywood Aviators, Flight Safety, Sheble's one:rolleyes: , my total time is 23xx hours i have like two pages i still need to add up, almost a thousand hours turbine so as soon as i hit that i will make anyones insurance requirments. I fly the X for a private individual who pays twelve grand extra every six months so i can be additionally insured.
Saying i do a part 135 charter is just like the old saying "every black man in jail is a rapper" i do it, you think it takes up my time no way, i have had maybe ten clients in three years, just occasional repeat customers usually providing their own aircraft, service for higher. Im not the next clay lacey. I just like to make a few bucks and do what i love and cant afford. I mean i went to Honeywell and Cessna out of my own pocket to learn all the 5 EFAS systems and auto pilot.
I think i still get to safely say im the youngest person in the world that can fly a Citation ten my instructors on the X were Artoor Minassian(i think thats how u spell it) form flight safety orlando, he did my intial type rating transition. That class took three weeks in orlando, then i went back just last year to Kansas in whitchita to the other flight safety for my recurrency cert for 3 days.
So Big War, dude im trying to get this straitend out but keep firing away ill try to answer everyones questions as i can
I go on diesel power to talk to other people about what a POS the new ford is... im pissed i bought one.
Hey Avi,
I appreciate your answering the questions. I am not saying your right or wrong. This is a tough crowd on here. And I will say your more man than many by just coming back and answering the questions. Most people being called out take only a couple of approaches.
And yes, you are the youngest Cessna X pilot I have ever heard of. I have no idea how you collected over 1000 hours of turbine time, but that's awesome. I am not sure when you started to fly, but it would seem like your flying about 400 hours per year, which is a buttload!! More than most airline pilots!! WOW And a 1000 hours of turbine time at that! That puts your expenses at well over 100K per year in flying alone!!! Holy Shiat!!!
I went to ERAU. My degree is in Aeronautics, although I ended up in construction. I have less than 2000 hours of flight time, negligible turbine time. Mostly Cessna and Saratoga time. I don't fly that much anymore. I do love my boats. I have never seen a 377 Talon that I know of. So next time your in Havasu, let me know. I am usually in my 38 Donzi ZX.
See you out there!!

socaldieselkrew
11-20-2007, 04:10 PM
Hey embry is way cool dude i have a few buddies that went all the way with ERAU did ATP and all now one is flying for FedEx i believe hes first officer on a jumbo. I gotta admit though i did cheat on my hours a bit, ive been logging time since i was thirteen, because any time I would go out with my dad back in the day in his lil Ercoupe or Grumman he would endorse my logbook, pops has been a CFI MEI for way over forty years so i got a head start on most people. I solo'd on my 16th bday in a v tail bonanza with 450appx hours. Then i can honestly say that the summer of my 18th i put about 250hours on the plane in one summer i was out every day life was great just pay for gas at like $2.00 a gallon it wasnt that bad at all.
Definatly gonna see you in havasu man this is my first real summer with the boat, i was down there for Labor Day...
Well its always a brutal battle on the internet !!! good hunting:D

Formula Dude
11-20-2007, 04:48 PM
So i arrived to Mercury Aviation at John Wayne Intl. and the plane was fueled, washed, they were in it with the APU running so the A/C was cranking plasma tvs goin i heard cheers and laughing fourty feet away. I pre flighted, gave the passengers a captains breifing; funny bunch really the client 60 year old business man, two hookers (common if the dish smells like fish its usually???) i believe, and three big ass burly long haired biker guys. They looked like hells angels i thought to myself :confused: okay!!... Love flying the Citation X no headsets needed its awesome. The co pilot was pre arranged by them, just a commercial multi engine guy never even seen a 7 tube full glass cockpit his twin engine time came from a Beechcraft duchess haha:D Copied our departure clearence and made note that it was going to be a different trip because their were TFR (temporary flight restrictions) because of all the fires going on. We taxied to runnup brought the Rolls Royces(engines) up to 70% thrust made sure we had good brakes checked on all our flight controls and systems. The bathroom didnt work because we had no water on board, i didnt tell them:devil: it aint my plane!!!:D They had the plane catered with the Champange that comes in the orange box, not Don Perignon, the better stuff, i dont know i dont drink that stuff. So we took of climbed to FL180, i just kept it barely IFR because over the mountains of LA it was beautiful by barstow already i wanted to cancel my flight plan and go VFR so i could just relax and get off the radio, it was friday night so ATC was getting swamped by private jet and commercial traffic at McCarron International. Stuck with the flight plan and showed my co-pilot "Cal" the autopilot was going to fly the plan in all the way till the wheels almost touch. We pulled up the actual Jeppsen approach plates in color and full touch screen i love it. Sorry guys this stuff really gets me off haha i just love what i cant have but at least someone else can have it but cant use it haha!!!! So after a gorgeous approach into vegas we got bounced around and taken out over that new stadium on the edges of henderson so the actual flight time was 1hour 20 minutes:D :D I can make it there VFR with me n five beautiful girls in my V35ATC Bonanza 6 seater single engine in 1 hour thirty and i have 104 usable gallons of gas. Fly private huh so u can haul your big fockin ego too:D I had the throttles to the wall almost and we were burning about 2800# of fuel an hour cruising 530knots or so.
So we crossed the fence and the threshold of the runway on autopilot, hit the switch and told the old man to land it, he was on top of things and i must say for being a real life version of mister magoo he greased the wheels to the asphalt so beautifully that you just heard the wheels touch couldnt feel it though and he held the nose up nice and slow to bleed off airspeed. I hit the reversers and slats got on the brakes real hard, got the "brake shakes" but we were off by less than half runway. Got on the horn with ground control taxied to Executive Jet Inc. they were full and we would have had to wait 30 minutes for a bus to take us to the bellagio:( :(
never killed the motors turned around went to the other end of the airport to Signature Flight support and they had a gorgeous new navigator limo stretched to all hell drive up to the plane before the lineboys even finished chocking the wheels. I shut down and popped out into the cabin ever so friendly and drunk people were enjoying full luxury like at lest 4 of them had never had in their live.
Unloaded the passengers and my client gave me a fistful of cash $1000 he says this is your tip. We went to the Bellagio i got a Jr Suite, cant complain!!! they went gambling and partying invited me but i turned it down. I went up to see my life long buddy and he sat down with me and did a lil late night 12 o clock tattoo session for like 3 hours. Called it a night after that. Flew back the next day and actually ended up flying into palm springs to drop off everyone to a waiting limo. My client approached me in the cockpit and said he will pay me when he gets home later tonight and that i should be by my phone expecting a call that call. We flew the plane to Long Beach to leave it at an avionics shop from there i got a ride from a a buddy and who lives in redondo. Hoped from a thirty million dollar jet to a three thousand dollar VW bus 21 window lowered with a roof rack:D i pulled my shirt off and drank a tall can cruising shotgun down Pacific coast highway.
Now do i take that extra $500 that he gave me and deduct it in case he brings it up in court???
You know what is interesting? There is no Mercury in SNA. Maybe you got your airports mixed up.
No glass cockpits in a commercial airplane? Must be an old cargo pilot.

socaldieselkrew
11-20-2007, 05:49 PM
You know what is interesting? There is no Mercury in SNA. Maybe you got your airports mixed up. Keep talking, this is going to be funny.
No glass cockpits in a commercial airplane? Must be an old cargo pilot.
Wow you get a cookie your absolutely rite i was about to flip out and try to prove you wrong but i cant, i made the mistake i was about to drive down to vineyard and mission myself. Then i just realized what i said... wow i live in OC most of my life and i do this??? nice good old ontario...
Still the bottom line is that if i was to put my boat on the trailer on a conveyor belt moving fast enough if everyone is sitting portside looking aft at seagulls we might just fly!!:D

Formula Dude
11-20-2007, 06:05 PM
Wow you get a cookie your absolutely rite i was about to flip out and try to prove you wrong but i cant, i made the mistake i was about to drive down to vineyard and mission myself. Then i just realized what i said... wow i live in OC most of my life and i do this??? nice good old ontario...
Still the bottom line is that if i was to put my boat on the trailer on a conveyor belt moving fast enough if everyone is sitting portside looking aft at seagulls we might just fly!!:D
Cookie! :confused:
So, what FBO did you use at ONT?

socaldieselkrew
11-20-2007, 06:09 PM
mercury u take grove or vineyard and they spit you right into the airport

Formula Dude
11-20-2007, 06:16 PM
mercury u take grove or vineyard and they spit you right into the airport
Wrong answer, you mean Guardian to the left or Atlantic Aviation to the right or Executive Air across the field. I think your cookie is getting stale. Wait till you find out who I really am. :eek:

Jordy
11-20-2007, 07:52 PM
Wait till you find out who I really am. :eek:
I LOVE comments like this!!! :D :D :D

Nord
11-20-2007, 08:03 PM
Do any of you pilots want to fly a girl and myself to Vegas on December
6th??

socaldieselkrew
11-20-2007, 08:09 PM
I LOVE comments like this!!! :D :D :D
hmm i wonder if hes gonna tell me that mercury doesnt exist anymore and it became atlantic air a while ago??? Dont matter to me; still take my chevron card.:) yeah my approach plates are old:rolleyes:

socaldieselkrew
11-20-2007, 08:22 PM
dont forget to also call Peterson air, million aire. I was a lineboy at Beech Raytheon in Van Nuys when i was 18 wanna call em too??? well anywaz im glad im getting grilled its fun to see how jealous and snoopy people get haha i love it!!:D

Mach80
11-20-2007, 08:36 PM
Well to add a lil color to the story...
I arrived on short notice for this Jerk, skipped on my weekend at the CORR races to take this guy to Vegas. So i arrived to Mercury Aviation at John Wayne Intl. and the plane was fueled, washed, they were in it with the APU running so the A/C was cranking plasma tvs goin i heard cheers and laughing fourty feet away. I pre flighted, gave the passengers a captains breifing; funny bunch really the client 60 year old business man, two hookers (common if the dish smells like fish its usually???) i believe, and three big ass burly long haired biker guys. They looked like hells angels i thought to myself :confused: okay!!... Love flying the Citation X no headsets needed its awesome. The co pilot was pre arranged by them, just a commercial multi engine guy never even seen a 7 tube full glass cockpit his twin engine time came from a Beechcraft duchess haha:D Copied our departure clearence and made note that it was going to be a different trip because their were TFR (temporary flight restrictions) because of all the fires going on. We taxied to runnup brought the Rolls Royces(engines) up to 70% thrust made sure we had good brakes checked on all our flight controls and systems. The bathroom didnt work because we had no water on board, i didnt tell them:devil: it aint my plane!!!:D They had the plane catered with the Champange that comes in the orange box, not Don Perignon, the better stuff, i dont know i dont drink that stuff. So we took of climbed to FL180, i just kept it barely IFR because over the mountains of LA it was beautiful by barstow already i wanted to cancel my flight plan and go VFR so i could just relax and get off the radio, it was friday night so ATC was getting swamped by private jet and commercial traffic at McCarron International. Stuck with the flight plan and showed my co-pilot "Cal" the autopilot was going to fly the plan in all the way till the wheels almost touch. We pulled up the actual Jeppsen approach plates in color and full touch screen i love it. Sorry guys this stuff really gets me off haha i just love what i cant have but at least someone else can have it but cant use it haha!!!! So after a gorgeous approach into vegas we got bounced around and taken out over that new stadium on the edges of henderson so the actual flight time was 1hour 20 minutes:D :D I can make it there VFR with me n five beautiful girls in my V35ATC Bonanza 6 seater single engine in 1 hour thirty and i have 104 usable gallons of gas. Fly private huh so u can haul your big fockin ego too:D I had the throttles to the wall almost and we were burning about 2800# of fuel an hour cruising 530knots or so.
Now do i take that extra $500 that he gave me and deduct it in case he brings it up in court???well im a commercial pilot as well as a CFI CFII and MEI working on my ATP, everything on my end is legal.
I could not resist responding to this either.
An ATP is required by FAR 135 to fly as PIC in any turbojet. Not many companies will pay for type ratings for commercial pilots. I'm sure all of the charter companies that you list know this. Did the hookers start the APU for you before you got to the plane? Usually the pilot starts it.
It is illegal to use a copilot not trained and checked under FAR 61.55 in a jet aircraft.
From your other post about hot boat pilots you said you owned a 135 charter co with a bunch of jets available. You may own the company but there is no way with a commercial certificate that you could fly as PIC, be Cheif pilot or any other 135 management position.
The going rate for Citation X pilots is almost always paid as a daily rate. 700 to 800 per day as PIC and much less as SIC.
There are alot of other errors or things in the story that would make you very unworthy of the title of Professional Pilot.
Good luck with your Learjet training next week.

socaldieselkrew
11-20-2007, 09:13 PM
Alright so lemme cough up a lil honesty before i dig myself into a bigger hole and get burried. I am not rated on the X thats all bs, in fact i only have one type rating and that is for a cessna citation 500 with a transition training for the 501sp. both were done at the atlanta flight safety office. So i dont get myself in trouble I can arrange for you to be flown by a real 135 charter, I dont have an ATP so as per far.121 & 135 i cannot be pilot in command of a turbine operating for hire.i dont own shit dude. Im not getting a learjet type rating, simply going to simcom to start my sim time. I understand painted this story up a lil too much but obviously you guys are too good so whatever just setting this sh*t strait bring on the rap. But the story of vegas is true with the exception less money and a difference of our aircraft was a 71 citation 500 worth maybe a mill not twenty like a citation X. so bring on the grillin but i just wanna set this shit strait so we can stop this.
allright well cats outta the bag kill me

Jordy
11-20-2007, 09:52 PM
Alright so lemme cough up a lil honesty before i dig myself into a bigger hole and get burried. I am not rated on the X thats all bs, in fact i only have one type rating and that is for a cessna citation 500 with a transition training for the 501sp. both were done at the atlanta flight safety office. So i dont get myself in trouble I can arrange for you to be flown by a real 135 charter, I dont have an ATP so as per far.121 & 135 i cannot be pilot in command of a turbine operating for hire.i dont own shit dude. Im not getting a learjet type rating, simply going to simcom to start my sim time. I understand painted this story up a lil too much but obviously you guys are too good so whatever just setting this sh*t strait bring on the rap. But the story of vegas is true with the exception less money and a difference of our aircraft was a 71 citation 500 worth maybe a mill not twenty like a citation X. so bring on the grillin but i just wanna set this shit strait so we can stop this.
HA HA HA HA HA!!!! :D
Damn, this is going to go right to BW's head in the morning. :notam:

mbrown2
11-20-2007, 10:27 PM
Place never ceases to amaze me...it seems we get these made up stories weekly now...
Its gotten to where I don't even follow them.....see them the 1st day...read the 1st post or two and move on....but a day or so later they are at 5 pages and I just figure something went sideways..
Socaldiesel...word of advice...logoff and re-register under another name....at the other diesel site as well.....theres no going back now..

Nord
11-20-2007, 10:45 PM
:notam:

Miss Perfect
11-20-2007, 11:08 PM
Wow, we got to the truth by page 5. The bull shit sniffer outters are getting better!

Magic34
11-20-2007, 11:57 PM
I went to Embry Riddle in Prescott for 6 years. Each summer I would spend 1-2 weeks at ASU baseball camp and they used the campus and dorms. The food sucked.
That is all I have to add about flying. Oh, and I have about 150,000 miles on my US Airways Flight Fund and upgrading to 1st class is a pain and their planes looke like sh*t on the inside. I only fly them because getting back to Phoenix is easy without a layover.
That's all I have to say 'bout that.

Classic Daycruiser
11-21-2007, 04:05 AM
Good Day So Cal Approach:D
Assuming you have an ATP with significant experience: $70k-120k...Remember "significant experience"!!!!!
http://swz.salary.com/salarywizard/layoutscripts/swzl_localrangebellcha.asp?jobcode=TR20000009&error=1&jobtitle=Airplane%20Captain%20(Small%20Jet)&narrowcode=TR01&narrowdesc=Aviation%20and%20Airlines&yearsofexp=&geo=Phoenix,%20AZ%2085032&zipcode=85032
Assuming you have an ATP and qualified to be a co-pilot: $40K-112K
http://swz.salary.com/salarywizard/layoutscripts/swzl_localrangebellcha.asp?jobcode=TR20000017&error=1&jobtitle=Airplane%20Co-Pilot%20(Small%20Jet)&narrowcode=TR01&narrowdesc=Aviation%20and%20Airlines&yearsofexp=&geo=Phoenix,%20AZ%2085032&zipcode=85032
I know your full of crap. Your worth $20-45 an hour(closer to $45 if you have a Bachlor's degree). Just because the FAA will except your 500 hours you clam to have in the ercoupe with your dad, does not mean any company is going to hire you. You have a lot to learn, and the first lessons, is not to bullshit your way into a job(That is only allowed in special case's on ***boat). If ***boat can see through your bullshit, believe me any chief pilot will.
Your resume may get you in the door, but it will not get you a job if it is mis- leading. I've been flying my dads 150 and (later 182) since I was 7, but I don't log those hours.
If you did not have a student pilots license when you logged those hours, they really do not count that much, except maybe for 40-60 hours toward your private license. So subtract 440 hours from your total flight time would be a great start.

OKIE-JET
11-21-2007, 05:06 AM
Place never ceases to amaze me...it seems we get these made up stories weekly now...
Its gotten to where I don't even follow them.....see them the 1st day...read the 1st post or two and move on....but a day or so later they are at 5 pages and I just figure something went sideways..
Socaldiesel...word of advice...logoff and re-register under another name....at the other diesel site as well.....theres no going back now..
What he said.....:rolleyes:

ratso
11-21-2007, 05:19 AM
Apparently you missed the "Chicks that get Duurty" thread...:idea: nothing gets by ***boat lol...:D
I know a few people, bullshitters, that couldn't tell the truth if their lives depended on it. Trust me, that would make for a good thread.

Big Warlock
11-21-2007, 08:17 AM
I will say this. You are better than many I know on here by coming back and admitting the truth. Your right, we saw through the BS right away. There are many on Hot Boat that have some incredible experiences. There are some incredible people on here. Sadly, many people will never know some of the greatness of some of the people on here. I am proud to have served with some. And privileged to have met so many others.
So you got caught. At least it's out in the open. The one thing I can tell you is you can never compromise your integrity. Liars, cheaters and thiefs are the worse!!! And we have seen so many on Hot Boat!!! They usually have a pattern similar to yours. They sign on and the fun begins almost instantly! They latch onto a topic and profess their knowledge and experience on the subject matter. Right then you know they are full of shiat, but you do the right thing and investigate only to find out that, yes, they are full of shiat! Then the same Hot Boat people (predictable) come out to their defense, even though they have never met this person and they just joined up. Doesn't matter if they lie, fabricate stories, etc. etc. They still defend them. Then it blows up in the "newbie's" face. And those people do not come back and fess up, or apologize. They just dissappear. It's the internet!!!
Thanks for coming back and clarifying your position. It's good to dream. Dreaming is healthy and a good motivator. What you did was wrong. But you will make amends and learn from this.
I am 45 and still a dreamer. I have done wrong in my time, as well as everyone on this site. I have been forgiven and got back up and tried again. Most of my stuff has worked out. I am grateful every day of my life!!! And for that I have too many people to thank.
Thanks for the clarification. I wish you the best!!! Keep dreaming!!!!

Jordy
11-21-2007, 08:27 AM
Who are you, and what have you done with the REAL Big Warlock??? :idea:

Magic34
11-21-2007, 08:34 AM
Who are you, and what have you done with the REAL Big Warlock??? :idea:
The dreamer of him came out at the Xango meeting and he hasn't been the same since.

pvhca
11-21-2007, 08:39 AM
I own a Hub Cap & Wheel company that should qualify me to fly a G4 right? I've never heard so much BS in my life, it doesn't take balls or guts to fess up to telling lies if your still gonna hide behind the internet, I assume his 37 Hustler oh wait Talon is probably the neighbors boat. I'm a newbie and really enjoyed this guy getting caught right off the bat. Go Big Warlock!!

C-2
11-21-2007, 09:15 AM
Big deal, who fawkin cares whether or not the guy embellished his story. I don't.
I see a gung-ho, excited kid who jumped into the fray a little too quick, that's all.
Sorry, no lesson learned here (as usual).:notam:

Big Warlock
11-21-2007, 09:16 AM
The dreamer of him came out at the Xango meeting and he hasn't been the same since.
That's some funny shiat there!!!! :D
Please show me the line of people that have made over a million on Xango??? :eek:

Big Warlock
11-21-2007, 09:17 AM
Big deal, who fawkin cares whether or not the guy embellished his story. I don't.
I see a gung-ho, excited kid who jumped into the fray a little too quick, that's all.
Sorry, no lesson learned here (as usual).:notam:
Come on Big Guy!!!! The lesson is the same we want for our kids. Tell the truth, integrity is the biggest assett you have!!!! Once you lose that, you are pretty much toast!!! :idea:

Jordy
11-21-2007, 09:17 AM
Please show me the line of people that have made over a million on Xango??? :eek:
I believe the line starts right here:
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=43582&stc=1&d=1195665442
Xango salesman of the year!!! :D :D :D

Big Warlock
11-21-2007, 09:22 AM
I believe the line starts right here:
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=43582&stc=1&d=1195665442
Xango salesman of the year!!! :D :D :D
Thanks for your purchase!!
Guess what your getting for X-Mas?????? :)
Assclown!!!!

Big Warlock
11-21-2007, 09:23 AM
And why am I always in the passenger seat????? Why why why why????? There should be no question of my boating abilities!!!!! :D

Jordy
11-21-2007, 09:26 AM
Guess what your getting for X-Mas?????? :)
Assclown!!!!
A 65' Viking or a King Air? A G-5 perhaps? Can my Christmas present at least be on time this year??? I don't think it's asking all that much. :D :D :D
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=43583&stc=1&d=1195665941
Gotta love Bilge!! :D

Big Warlock
11-21-2007, 09:28 AM
Go do something productive. Head to Mexico and make sure the boat we currently have is ok. Check on the Nanny search in Newport. Go to Vegas with the three burly biker guys, two hookers and a rich guy. Whatever, just do something!!!!!!!! :D

Jordy
11-21-2007, 09:31 AM
And why am I always in the passenger seat????? Why why why why????? There should be no question of my boating abilities!!!!! :D
Boating, maybe not. Now docking on the other hand... ALL HANDS ON DECK!!! SHE'S COMIN' IN HOT!!! SOUND THE COLLISION ALARMS!!! :D :D :D
Go do something productive. Head to Mexico and make sure the boat we currently have is ok. Check on the Nanny search in Newport. Go to Vegas with the three burly biker guys, two hookers and a rich guy. Whatever, just do something!!!!!!!! :D
Hey, stop hatin'... I've rented 3 generators today, got my new phone all setup, and am now planning on lunch. Just because you're all married up and tied down, I could see how you'd want to live your life vicariously through me. Oh, and because she bosses you around, that doesn't mean it trickles down through the ranks either. :D :D :D
I did try to sell her on the $2K TV idea and she's still not planning on heading to Ikea for the table. :notam:

Big Warlock
11-21-2007, 09:32 AM
A 65' Viking or a King Air? A G-5 perhaps? Can my Christmas present at least be on time this year??? I don't think it's asking all that much. :D :D :D
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=43583&stc=1&d=1195665941
Gotta love Bilge!! :D
Thinking about it.....your a guy with more than one job and profession???? You have your construction side, which you do so well, then you have your boating side, helping others to care and transport boats, then you have your charity side which you work on couple nights a week.......
Damn Jordy, I believe you really are a humanitarian!!!! :eek:

C-2
11-21-2007, 09:33 AM
Come on Big Guy!!!! The lesson is the same we want for our kids. Tell the truth, integrity is the biggest assett you have!!!! Once you lose that, you are pretty much toast!!! :idea:
Did you forget, everybody OWNS their boat; and NOBODY, and I mean NOBODY boats while intoxicated.
Far too much BS on any website to be concerned with. To each his own though, it was a good catch.:)

Big Warlock
11-21-2007, 09:34 AM
Just because you're all married up and tied down, :notam:
Jordy:
Did you go to a wedding I don't know about???? I am not married clown!!!! :eek:
There is an evil woman living in my house whom I choose to ignore. Nothing more, nothing less.........

Jordy
11-21-2007, 09:36 AM
Damn Jordy, I believe you really are a humanitarian!!!! :eek:
WTF are you trying to do to my image here??? Man... I forgot, I think that TV was $22K, not $2K. :jawdrop: :eek: :D

Big Warlock
11-21-2007, 09:37 AM
Did you forget, everybody OWNS their boat; and NOBODY, and I mean NOBODY boats while intoxicated.
Far too much BS on any website to be concerned with. To each his own though, it was a good catch.:)
For the record, my boats are paid for. And everyone knows I do not drink and boat, not even one drink! LOL

Jordy
11-21-2007, 09:37 AM
Thee is an evil woman living in my house whom I choose to ignore. Nothing more, nothing less.........
WOW!!! This could come in handy sometime down the line!!! SAVE TO PHONE!!! :D