PDA

View Full Version : Lawrys....hmmmmmmmmmm

Parker Dreamin
11-20-2007, 07:49 AM
First time there last night.
Nice Diamond Cut with all the fixings, topped off with a little Pumpkin Cheesecake.........

yopengo
11-20-2007, 07:59 AM
It’s been years since we’ve been there. Still good?

Trailer Park Casanova
11-20-2007, 08:44 AM
It's our favorite. It's still owned by the founders, the Frank Family.
Home of the Beef Bowl at Rose Bowl time. The team that eats the most Prime Rib is the one that wins the Rose Bowl ,, so the tradition goes.
Once you've tried their Prime Rib,, you're spoiled, nothing else comes close.
Slow cooked all day at 275 deg F with garlic and salt.
They use the more tender and leaner "narrow end" of the roast.
Las Vegas location near the Hard Rock is excellent too.
Used to be our Thanksgiving spot until the kids wanted to do the Dunes instead.

OnlyMoney
11-20-2007, 09:11 AM
We used to go every Sunday with Chris' mom. She and her hubby went to the Bev Hills one ALL the time. We planned on going this past Sunday but.....we had eaten enough all weekend.
Gotta love when they send you your birthday present.....your own Seasoned Salt with your name on the label. :D

Parker Dreamin
11-20-2007, 10:05 AM
We went to the BH location on La Cienga..... is was and is very good. Cant wait to go back.

Moneypitt
11-20-2007, 10:12 AM
We went to the BH location on La Cienga..... is was and is very good. Cant wait to go back.
Wow, I use to park cars there........The Rose Bowl deal was a real bash.:D Even the valets got fed really good on that evening:) ..........MP

Ziggy
11-20-2007, 10:28 AM
LOL, I thought this was gonna be able some excellent seasoning you put on your steaks.. :D:D

Bense468
11-20-2007, 10:30 AM
We were just there Sunday night. Prime and lobster all the way around. I actually ate my leftovers last night haha...Good times.

Trailer Park Casanova
11-20-2007, 10:43 AM
Lawrys has a frequent diners club.
Ya don't have to be a frequent diner to join it, if you go a few times a year it's well worth being a member.
The bennies are endless and very, very good.
Always get the inexpensive two Austrailian lobster tails added to the Prime Rib dinner.
They'll even hold them through your dinner and pack them to take home.
Also, the old Buzzard that sometimes help seat people is Mate Heywood. One of the last living members of the famous WW2 Flying Tigers.
The prices used to be a very good deal until the Japanese tour groups all put Lawrys on their list. Hence the frequent diners club to give locals a break.
The Asian tour groups will pay anything. At these exchange rates and the brutal cost of living in Japan, Lawrys is almost free to them.