PDA

View Full Version : new msd systems coming out

IMPATIENT 1
11-20-2007, 11:45 AM
was checking out the msd site and seen they're introducing a programmable 6al box soon!! says we can tune the timing curves, retards, etc. i'm pumped up about it, i bet it'll cost major $$$$ though:rolleyes:
Programmable-6AL
Following the introduction of the 6AL-2, there will also be a 21st century version – a laptop programmable 6AL!
This advance ignition control provides street and performance cars to take advantage of tuning in an ignition curve or boost timing map from a PC. Also, using MSDÂ’s Pro-Data+ software will provide simple adjustments to a two step rev limiter, step retard and more! Check out www.msdignition.com for more information!
Programmable-6AL (PN 6530)

hotbo
11-21-2007, 04:46 AM
wow pretty neat torpedo:eek: bet that sob cost bazillions:D

IMPATIENT 1
11-21-2007, 06:42 AM
wow pretty neat torpedo:eek: bet that sob cost bazillions:D
i'm gonna get 1 when they come out, it'd be awesome to build my own timing map out for my motor plus able to have a custom retarded timing map for nitrous!

N281PONY
11-21-2007, 10:58 AM
Why not go with the 7531? The price difference probably won't be much different. Then you'll just have to learn to "connect the dots"

BrendellaJet
11-22-2007, 12:55 PM
No big advantage here for a jetboat. Maybe some for the nitrous retard, but the digi 6 already has the 2 step so for most, the ability to program timing is just going to lead to problems

IMPATIENT 1
11-22-2007, 08:18 PM
No big advantage here for a jetboat. Maybe some for the nitrous retard, but the digi 6 already has the 2 step so for most, the ability to program timing is just going to lead to problems
shoot, being able to map your own timing curve would be awesome on a jetboat. fuel injected autos have been doin it for yrs. and company's like hypertech have taken advantage of being able to change timing curves;) i'm pumped about it, it'll bring alittle more tech to a carb'd boat

BrendellaJet
11-23-2007, 09:38 AM
I dont see the point. 90% of my timing is in by 3k rpm and thats what it takes for me to stay on plane. Dont see the benefit of being able to map the remaining 10%.