PDA

View Full Version : Wheatgrass . . .

My Man's Sportin' Wood
11-20-2007, 02:24 PM
is nasty. :yuk:
Tried it for the first time today. Supposed to be like eating 10 pounds of veggies or something LOL The initial shot wasn't so bad, sure it tasted like I'd just gotten done mowing my lawn with my teeth, but I had the smoothie to chase the taste away. But now, 2 hours later, I'm still burping up grass :yuk: :yuk:
Anyone actually like the stuff? Or see postive results because of it?

Do F150's Float?
11-20-2007, 02:27 PM
My grandma & mom swear by the stuff... but they take it in pill or powder form (barley green? or something). Anyways, you take the 2 caplets a day, it definately helps with general ailments (allergies, avoiding flu/colds/etc). I even gave it to the dog because he was "honking" (kinda like a weird sneeze thing :D ) and it really seemed to help.
I can try to get the site or where to buy if you want. :)

NOTALENT
11-20-2007, 03:12 PM
I get them about 2 or 3 times a week when I go to jamba juice...have the orange after and it kills the taste..just like eating grass :D

Schiada76
11-20-2007, 03:24 PM
My grandma & mom swear by the stuff... but they take it in pill or powder form (barley green? or something). Anyways, you take the 2 caplets a day, it definately helps with general ailments (allergies, avoiding flu/colds/etc). I even gave it to the dog because he was "honking" (kinda like a weird sneeze thing :D ) and it really seemed to help.
I can try to get the site or where to buy if you want. :)
What is that "honking" thing? Our dog does it and it freaks the hell out of the wife.

Do F150's Float?
11-20-2007, 03:34 PM
What is that "honking" thing? Our dog does it and it freaks the hell out of the wife.
I heard from fellow chihuahua owners (yes..i just admitted i own a chihuahua) its a reverse sneeze, but it seems to be a universal thing with dogs. I just rub his neck, like at the base of his jaw/top of the throat and it helps. But giving him the wheat grass stuff made it happen a whole lot less (im talking from 3-4 times a day to maybe once or twice a month) :)

WaterJunky
11-20-2007, 03:36 PM
I heard from fellow chihuahua owners (yes..i just admitted i own a chihuahua) :)
OK, we just identified the first problem.................
:idea:
:D

Miss Perfect
11-20-2007, 03:37 PM
My English bullie does the honking thing too. Not often, maybe once every other week. I think all dogs do it??

Mrs. Bordsmnj
11-20-2007, 03:48 PM
My dogs do the honking thing too, usually when then inhale some people food too fast. I pat their backs pretty hard, but not to hurt them and it usually stops it.
Oh, back to wheat grass. Looks gross. :D

My Man's Sportin' Wood
11-20-2007, 03:58 PM
Well, I finally stopped burping it up. Wonder what color my pee is going to be :D

Cole Trickle
11-20-2007, 04:11 PM
My English bullie does the honking thing too. Not often, maybe once every other week. I think all dogs do it??
My boston does it occasionally as well?:confused:
It's rare but we always freak like she is gonna die:D

Rvr Swpr
11-20-2007, 05:31 PM
Vets call it a reverse sneeze

HOOTER SLED-
11-20-2007, 05:34 PM
is nasty. :yuk:
Tried it for the first time today. Supposed to be like eating 10 pounds of veggies or something LOL The initial shot wasn't so bad, sure it tasted like I'd just gotten done mowing my lawn with my teeth, but I had the smoothie to chase the taste away. But now, 2 hours later, I'm still burping up grass :yuk: :yuk:
Anyone actually like the stuff? Or see postive results because of it?
Now that you swallowed this stuff, you know Jeff will be saying that he should have NO complaints at all about getting BJs. :devil: :D

My Man's Sportin' Wood
11-20-2007, 05:41 PM
Semen tastes better than wheatgrass :devil:
:jawdrop: I mean . . . not that I would know. I'm just assuming. :confused:

HOOTER SLED-
11-20-2007, 05:52 PM
:D Semen tastes better than wheatgrass :devil:
:jawdrop: I mean . . . not that I would know. I'm just assuming. :confused:
:devil: :D Atta girl. No wonder why your man is "Sportin' Wood". :D

Rexone
11-21-2007, 02:12 AM
I can't believe no one picked this up for a sig yet. :)
My vet told me that most times reverse sneezing is caused by some type of allergy with dogs. Some of my dogs have had it, others not.

Jbb
11-21-2007, 03:12 AM
There's a high fastball....:D

WestTNRiverRat
11-21-2007, 04:23 AM
Well, I finally stopped burping it up. Wonder what color my pee is going to be :D
I think I'd be a little more worried about that hay bale you're going to shat tomorrow. :D :D

My Man's Sportin' Wood
11-21-2007, 07:18 AM
LOL
Pee was normal, in case anyone was wondering. WestTNRiverRat, I like your avatar. :D

Lightning
11-21-2007, 07:22 AM
Glad to see you're pee was normal and the semen burps stopped.....I mean grass burps. While you're at it, you may want to start taking fish oil tablets, those will add a nice overall odor to balance out the wheatgrass flavor

My Man's Sportin' Wood
11-21-2007, 07:25 AM
I already take the fish oil. Makes a nice combination, don't you think?
Actually, the fish oil I get doesn't make me burp.

Mrs. Bordsmnj
11-21-2007, 07:33 AM
I take fish oil pills too but mine have lemon oil added to them so instead of fish burps, its lemon burps. Waaaay better!
MMSW, I hope you have a terrific Thanksgiving!
:D

BarryMac
11-21-2007, 08:38 AM
I can't believe no one picked this up for a sig yet. :)
:D :D :D

WestTNRiverRat
11-21-2007, 08:46 AM
LOL
Pee was normal, in case anyone was wondering. WestTNRiverRat, I like your avatar. :D
Thanks. I polished off that bottle one night sitting out by the fire and decided to take a picture. :D :D It was three days before I figured out what I did with the dam camera. :D :D

Wmc
11-21-2007, 10:42 AM
My dog does the reverse sneezing too. He gets an annual alergy shot to help, but I'm going to try the wheat grass pills. Thanks.

79Challenger
11-21-2007, 10:50 AM
The "honking" is called reverse sneezing. They aren't really sneezing though. We have a Boston Terrier and we pinch her nose to slow down the sneezing and it usually stops. Sometimes if you give a quick blow into the nostrils it will stop it also. It is a normal thing for alot of dogs, but more common in dogs with shorter snouts.
http://www.veterinarypartner.com/Content.plx?P=A&A=2335&S=1