PDA

View Full Version : Wiring Question

Mohavekid
03-02-2003, 04:05 PM
Let me start out by stating wiring is not my forte, so please take it easy on me.
I am converting my Place Diverter switch from a dash mount to a steering wheel mounted switch. The old switch had 4 terminals, one for each wire from the PD. Green and yellow to up. Red and blue to down. It also has a central bridged terminal for power.
The new switch, which came from Eddie Marine has only 3 wires, red blue and green.
Do I have the wrong switch? Is there a special trick to wire this up? What am I missing?
[ March 02, 2003, 04:07 PM: Message edited by: Mohavekid ]

GlastronGuy
03-02-2003, 04:17 PM
I wonder if anyone here could have helped you if you got it from Rex Marine?
:)

Rexone
03-02-2003, 04:58 PM
Mohavekid, we'd be happy to help you figure it out if you need. Just give Bob or Tom here a call Monday morning. They're very familiar with the Place wiring for all types of switches and we likely have a diagram we can just fax over to you. We also have diode kits for Place to make them work in just about any switch application. If you need assistance just give a call 909-392-7300.

Mohavekid
03-02-2003, 05:14 PM
Glastron, I would have purchased the switch from Rex, I usually do purchase my parts from Rex, but in this instance I liked Eddie's switch mount better than Rex's.
Rexone, Thanks for the info, I'll call you Monday.

XClutchboy725
03-02-2003, 05:26 PM
Like Rexone says, you just need the diode kit. It's a cheap fix! :D :D

GlastronGuy
03-03-2003, 08:00 AM
Mohavekid:
Glastron, I would have purchased the switch from Rex, I usually do purchase my parts from Rex, but in this instance I liked Eddie's switch mount better than Rex's.
Rexone, Thanks for the info, I'll call you Monday. I can't blame you for going with what you think looks better. I have had experiences with both shops and I like Rex's customer service better. Plus for me I like to support those that support us. Good luck with getting it wired, I wish I had a diverter.

Eddie Marine
03-03-2003, 09:50 AM
Mojavekid, check your PM on the wiring, we will get you hooked up. Our wiring is posted on our website if anyone wants it. http://www.eddiemarine.com/cart/Pictures/PL_115diodekit1.jpg
By the way, I am pretty sure that the revenue from Hot Boat Magazine is what makes this website possible. The fact that we have been a loyal advertiser in Hot Boat for the ten years of our existance and are one of only three parts manufacturers running full page, four color adds this month (the most $$ you can spend) shows our support for the magazine. Don't know what else we can do. Luckily business is good so we don't have the extra time on our hands to spend lots of time on the site conversing or moderating. But we do check in from time to time and offer input where we see fit. Thank all of you for your business.

Mohavekid
03-03-2003, 09:57 PM
All I can say is WOW!! Customer service is not dead.
Joe from EddieMarine sent me 2 e-mails today wanting to make the situation right, free of charge. It's not their fault that I did'nt get the diode kit. I did not specify that this trim switch was for a Place Diverter when I ordered. My bad. I turned Joe down, because it was my fault.
As I said in my previous post, I was going to call Rex first thing Monday. I did call Rex first thing today and it was obvious that Rexone had spoken to his guys, because they knew about the situation and explained what I needed and how it worked.
Thanks to both shops for helping me get this right.

Rexone
03-06-2003, 08:41 PM
MK, you're welcome. Happy to help :)