PDA

View Full Version : Hey boat cop...

YeLLowBoaT
11-21-2007, 12:48 AM
what do you think of this product? (http://pistolcam.com/)
Assuming it works 99.99% of the time and does not fall apart.

STV_Keith
11-21-2007, 10:55 AM
They have them now on the tazers...I guess it gives "dash cam" type video to back up the cop's side of the scenario.

Boatcop
11-21-2007, 11:19 AM
They may be beneficial in areas with the potential for lots of police shootings. Say New York, LA, Detroit, etc. But the cost to outfit an entire force, at nearly $700 a piece, doesn't make a lot of cost-benefit sense.
In our County there's been maybe 6 or 7 police shootings (Total all Agencies) in 30 years. And 3 of those were on traffic stops where dash cams were in use. They were all good shoots and no lawsuits or disciplinary actions arose from them.
I think more lawsuits and accusations of "cover-ups" would arise from a camera malfunction where a shoot didn't get filmed. Not to mention Officers relying on laser targeting, rather than good basic shooting skills.

spectras only
11-21-2007, 11:30 AM
They have them now on the tazers...I guess it gives "dash cam" type video to back up the cop's side of the scenario.]
The RCMP doesn't have them on the tazers here .They got this guy killed at the vancouver airport incident , and they're sure focked up in this situation :idea: So far 18 peeps got killed by tazers in Canada alone .